• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is what happens when you elect a MORON for president

Well, at least you're consistent in your dodging.

970b5d5bbbe09aed08a2da9c6b4817a8.jpg

After decades of US involvement in the area, what does the region look like today? What has our investment in Blood and Treasure brought about?

I believe the President knows more about the issue than arm chair quarterbacks.

I believe ISIS/Al Qaeda/Etc., will never be defeated

I believe the ME is a cesspool of backwards peoples from last century, and it's due to implode.

We shouldn't be there when it does. We don't need anything from it anymore.

Just my opinion.

So you agree with trump that he does possess "great and unmatched wisdom"? LOL

So you agree with trump that he does possess "great and unmatched wisdom"? LOL

You should try to keep your unrelated outbursts to yourself. They don't help build a case that your opinions should be considered.

You should try to keep your unrelated outbursts to yourself. They don't help build a case that your opinions should be considered.

Well, considering the source, I think I'll be just fine today.

It's fascinating to see the shift in indoctrinated mindset by radicals who previously ripped Republicans apart for supporting wars, who are now shaking their pretend M16's in the air in defiance of steps to disconnect from wars.

So, you are you admitting that the Dems are the national security party while the GOP under Trump is now the party of "Cut and Run."

:lol: suh-weet.

Trumps retreat Wil cause a mass genocide.

The Kurds have been great allies for decades.

What ever happened to leave no man behind???

I guess a rich brat who's family has never served in the military in over 150 years would know nothing about such things.

****ing bone spur Coward!!!

Yup when Obama was elected we had 8 years of anti American BS!!!!!!

I think it's fair to claim there is some hypocrisy.

But at what point does that claim go away, when the situation has changed?

Millions supported the Korean War, but when that ended in a stalemate and negotiated cease fire, did that mean everyone who supported that solution were hypocrites?

Millions supported the Vietnam War. Did they become hypocrites when they supported ending our involvement in it?

As to your final point, I'll turn back to Vietnam and enjoy you eating your words.....

I don’t know what you’re taking about when it comes to “turning back to Vietnam”.

And I would like to know what “changed” with regard to the Kurds in the region.

Trump did not conduct any sort of policy review. He didn’t discuss the matter with his foreign policy or intelligence staff. He didn’t talk to our allies (except Erdogen)

But he did do Moscow’s bidding.

Ending the American presence in the region leaves the area wide open for the Russians to consolidate the victory that Trump handed them when he abandoned any real attempt to curb Bashir Assad.

Just two weeks ago, Assad dropped chorine gas canisters on civilians in Syria. Not a peep out of Trump world. Not even a staged air strike to amuse the Fox News audience (with the Russians given plenty of warning in advance).

Yup when Obama was elected we had 8 years of anti American BS!!!!!!

So you traded that for a corrupt fool who is openly in Moscow’s pocket.

Your "investment in blood and treasure" is what created the turmoil in the region in the first place. Decades of exploitation, manipulation, invasions and wars and now Trump's latest act of genius is going to unleash even more horrors onto an already volatile region. How is this not obvious?

In fairness, we only picked up where the Brits left off. ;)

So, you are you admitting that the Dems are the national security party while the GOP under Trump is now the party of "Cut and Run."

:lol: suh-weet.

LOL

Did you need to go all the way to the elbow to dig this one out Clam?

And in the process you have, what? A stable government free of scandal? Trump will be remembered (unfortunately), as the worst, most incompetent 'president' America has had the misfortune to suffer. He has alienated allies, betrayed them and become buddies with some of the worst despots on the planet. He has lied consistently to his voters, made cynical promises to them he had no hope of keeping and has broken even more. All hail Trump, the wise, honest and stable genius.

Can you name any President that does not fit that description exactly?

I don’t know what you’re taking about when it comes to “turning back to Vietnam”.

And I would like to know what “changed” with regard to the Kurds in the region.

Trump did not conduct any sort of policy review. He didn’t discuss the matter with his foreign policy or intelligence staff. He didn’t talk to our allies (except Erdogen)

But he did do Moscow’s bidding.

Ending the American presence in the region leaves the area wide open for the Russians to consolidate the victory that Trump handed them when he abandoned any real attempt to curb Bashir Assad.

Just two weeks ago, Assad dropped chorine gas canisters on civilians in Syria. Not a peep out of Trump world. Not even a staged air strike to amuse the Fox News audience (with the Russians given plenty of warning in advance).

:lamo

Russia, Russia, Russia.

The rabid left makes it very easy to ignore their ranting and raving.

:lamo

Russia, Russia, Russia.

The rabid left makes it very easy to ignore their ranting and raving.

You think Trump handing Syria to the Russians is a joke? You think giving Erdogan the green light to invade Syria and massacre our allies is a laughing matter? No wonder nobody takes conservatives seriously.

You think Trump handing Syria to the Russians is a joke? You think giving Erdogan the green light to invade Syria and massacre our allies is a laughing matter? No wonder nobody takes conservatives seriously.

I think there comes a time to leave. Apparently that time is now.

Why don't you go help out? You're closer.

This is what happens when you elect a MORON for president

His whole misadministration are moron's:

All the adults in the room have been fired or quit. I'm an old man, but I hope to live to see my beloved country breath free of this imbecilic con-man.

I think there comes a time to leave. Apparently that time is now.

Why don't you go help out? You're closer.

We, Britain, have been in Syria from the start. I expect your 'news' doesn't mention inconsequential facts like you having allies doing your heavy lifting. It's all America, right?

Foreign policy in a region that is essentially a toilet is a tough job for any human.

For me, the important thing is domestic. And what have we here?

The last two economic disasters were presided over by Republican administrations, which Democratic administrations had to go in and clean up the mess they left us.

Obama brought health care to 18 million people who couldn't afford it, and it was accomplished in a 2 month window when he had a supermajority in the Senate.

The last president who did an accomplishment like that, Medicare, was also a Democrat.

In fact, over the years, if you look at a whole cross sections of statistics, comparing dem admins to repub admins, dems got it all over repubs. To wit:

Presidential Data 2016 (The stats are good till 2016, but and update won't change anything, dems are beating the pants off repubs on a whole host of stats )

So much of what is done is mushy, it's difficult to calculate the impacts based on anything outside of feelings.

Medical costs are medical costs. National expenditures are tracked pretty closely. We have a pretty good healthcare system in terms of treating illness and injury. They do an even better job of accounting and getting paid.

Over the years, they have charged the following the amounts for treatments:

1996: $1074.4 Billion Welfare Reform
2003: $1768.2 Billion. +65% +$693.8. Medicare Modernization Act passed
2010: $2598.8 Billion +37% +$702.5. ACA signed
2017: $3492.1 Billion. +34% +$893.3. Last year in the study

The ACA was signed in 2010. It was intended to reduce costs. Arguments could be made supporting beliefs either way on that. Because arguments can be made either way, ACA cannot really be proclaimed a clear "win" for the people.

On the table in the link below, the rate of growth in healthcare costs reduced every year from 2002 through 2011. In 2012, after the ACA was passed, the rate of growth in healthcare costs rose.

The intent of the program, in the real world, was more to assure payment to providers than to assure care to the ill or injured. The people were already getting the care needed. Then as now, many individuals are not very prudent in getting care.

Rising Health Care Costs: Causes, by Year

"The last two economic disasters" that you cite were not the result of any single, particular initiative by any individual president. I'm not sure which downturns you may be referencing, but this is true of every downturn or upturn in the economy.

Which two downturns caught your eye to make you assert this?

We, Britain, have been in Syria from the start. I expect your 'news' doesn't mention inconsequential facts like you having allies doing your heavy lifting. It's all America, right?

Heavy lifting?

LOL

I've search "British Military Deployments" and British Army Deployments, which is actually a website Deployments | The British Army

Care to show where all this heavy lifting in Syria is taking place?

Why? Getting in harm's way is part of the deal when you sign on the line.

I prefer to think that the value of every human life is high.

We apparently don't share that preference.

Back
Top Bottom