• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is Trump's economy, two years in

Except, course, for his first two years when he had overwhelming majorities in BOTH houses.

First and foremost, the House passed the ARRA of 2009 without a single Republican vote. When the country was reeling the most, bipartisanship was abandoned from the very start. The first two years of the Obama administration were the trough of the economic downturn and financial crisis. By the time the country was capable of recovery, Republicans took control of the House, which is the de facto fiscal authority. Do you recall the debt ceiling crisis of 2011, which led to the downgrade of the U.S. credit rating? Furthermore, the Republican minority was able to filibuster the American Jobs Act. Perhaps you should educate yourself on what this bill might have done for MILLIONS of Americans and their families, and it was fully funded by taxing incomes over $1 million. Sorry, but your attempt to absolve Republicans and Conservatives alike is an utter failure.

Great move - insult my intelligence is sure to make me even consider looking at it. :roll:

Why would you make statements without being aware of the data? Current job growth in manufacturing is slightly above its long term trend. This is to be expected, given the massive stimulus package that became law a little more than a year ago. Given that you've failed to take these points into consideration is a reason to seriously question your grasp of this topic.

First and foremost, the House passed the ARRA of 2009 without a single Republican vote. When the country was reeling the most, bipartisanship was abandoned from the very start. The first two years of the Obama administration were the trough of the economic downturn and financial crisis. By the time the country was capable of recovery, Republicans took control of the House, which is the de facto fiscal authority. Do you recall the debt ceiling crisis of 2011, which led to the downgrade of the U.S. credit rating? Furthermore, the Republican minority was able to filibuster the American Jobs Act. Perhaps you should educate yourself on what this bill might have done for MILLIONS of Americans and their families, and it was fully funded by taxing incomes over $1 million. Sorry, but your attempt to absolve Republicans and Conservatives alike is an utter failure.
LOL, thanks for a bunch of disjointed partisan blather. Since the discussion is about TRUMP'S ECONOMY, most mean nothing. You blathered about GOP controlled control, I pointed out that was inaccurate to outright wrong.
Kusninator said:
Why would you make statements without being aware of the data? Current growth in manufacturing is slightly above its long term trend. This is to be expected, given the massive stimulus package that became law a little more than a year ago. Given that you've failed to take these points into consideration is a reason to seriously question your grasp of this topic.
My statement was a half-million manufacturing jobs in the last two years - and I presented the data to prove that. I also provided a detailed analysis of manufacturing jobs directly from BLS. IF actually look at the BLS link under "manufacturing" you'll find a nice month-over-month manufacturing job gains bar chart. Notice the PRONOUNCED change to the right of Jan
2017 from the data on the left. More than "slightly" better.

You blathered about GOP controlled control, I pointed out that was inaccurate to outright wrong.

You can't deny or dismiss anything that was posted, quoted, but ignored.

My statement was a half-million manufacturing jobs in the last two years - and I presented the data to prove that.

So? Trump just gave a massive tax cut to companies, many of which manufacture products in the United States. We should expect manufacturing jobs to grow above trend in its cyclical wake.

I also provided a detailed analysis of manufacturing jobs directly from BLS. IF actually look at the BLS link under "manufacturing" you'll find a nice month-over-month manufacturing job gains bar chart. Notice the PRONOUNCED change to the right of Jan

:lamo

As expected, you're entirely ignorant of the data. On the surface, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Yet you choose to involve yourself in discussions pertaining to this data realm. In no way have you refuted anything i've stated.

The graph presented in post # 49

fredgraph.png

is indeed data sourced from the Bureau of labor statistics. :lol: It says it right at the bottom. You can access the monthly manufacturing employment change going all the way back to 1939 via FRED's data catalog.

If we focus on total employment and not monthly change with respect to the data series, we can observe that we are moving with (slightly above due to the 2016 dip and 2018 stimulus) the trend.

fredgraph.png

BTW... any thoughts on why 2016 was a shaky year for manufacturing employment?

No you have that liberal disease of picking and choosing the data you want to believe. The stock market was at 14.7 in 2007 and with a growing economy and population that is the bottom line to compare growth, not the reality that the Democratic Congress took the Stock Market down but again. You see, in your world you never accept any responsibility for anything bad and always blame others. Why would you ignore the drop in the stock market as well as drop in employment with a Democratic Congress? Maybe civics would help you!

I’m sorry but I am getting confused. The growth happened with two democratic houses of Congress and a Democratic executive branch. Why was that so bad?

You can't deny or dismiss anything that was posted, quoted, but ignored.
LOL, I didn't - I just categorized it as off topic, progress poo-poo.

Kush said:
So? Trump just gave a massive tax cut to companies, many of which manufacture products in the United States. We should expect manufacturing jobs to grow above trend in its cyclical wake.
So, you admit tax cuts spur job growth. Good, we're getting somewhaere.

[qutoe=Kush]
As expected, you're entirely ignorant of the data. On the surface, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Yet you choose to involve yourself in discussions pertaining to this data realm. In no way have you refuted anything i've stated. [/qutoe]Most of what you've stated is BS.
Kush said:
The graph presented in post # 49

fredgraph.png

indeed data sourced from the Bureau of labor statistics. :lol: It says it right at the bottom. You can access the monthly manufacturing employment change going all the way back to 1939 via FRED's data catalog.
So your chart sourced from BLS is golden but my data reported DIRECTLY BY the BLS is BS?
[quotKush]
If we focus on total employment and not monthly change with respect to the data series, we can observe that we are moving with (slightly above due to the 2016 dip and 2018 stimulus) the trend.

fredgraph.png

BTW... any thoughts on why 2016 was a shaky year for manufacturing employment?[/QUOTE] Any idea why a chart that ends in 2010 has any connection to manufacturing job gains in the last two years? I gave you the latest data for the last two years which show exactly what I said - a gain of 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the last two years. I gain you a link to a BLS Employment situation report which show strong month over month manufacturing employment gains for 2017 and 2018. I have nothing more to gain by tolerating your boorish and buffoonish behavior.

Last edited:
LOL, I didn't - I just categorized it as off topic, progress poo-poo.

Because you cannot refute it and lack the character to admit as much.

So, you admit tax cuts spur job growth.

Fiscal policy expansion during record low periods of unemployment is unnecessary stimulus.

How about you try again with the mangled post below?????? It is nothing less than an epic failure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[qutoe=Kush]
As expected, you're entirely ignorant of the data. On the surface, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Yet you choose to involve yourself in discussions pertaining to this data realm. In no way have you refuted anything i've stated. [/qutoe]Most of what you've stated is BS.
So your chart sourced from BLS is golden but my data reported DIRECTLY BY the BLS is BS?
[quotKush]

BTW... any thoughts on why 2016 was a shaky year for manufacturing employment?[/QUOTE] Any idea why a chart that ends in 2010 has any connection to manufacturing job gains in the last two years? I gave you the latest data for the last two years which show exactly what I said - a gain of 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the last two years. I gain you a link to a BLS Employment situation report which show strong month over month manufacturing employment gains for 2017 and 2018. I have nothing more to gain by tolerating your boorish and buffoonish behavior.[/QUOTE]

because you cannot refute it and lack the character to admit as much.

Fiscal policy expansion during record low periods of unemployment is unnecessary stimulus.

How about you try again with the mangled post below?????? It is nothing less than an epic failure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as expected, you're entirely ignorant of the data. On the surface, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Yet you choose to involve yourself in discussions pertaining to this data realm. In no way have you refuted anything i've stated. [/qutoe]most of what you've stated is bs.
So your chart sourced from bls is golden but my data reported directly by the bls is bs?
if we focus on total employment and not monthly change with respect to the data series, we can observe that we are moving with (slightly above due to the 2016 dip and 2018 stimulus) the trend.

Btw... Any thoughts on why 2016 was a shaky year for manufacturing employment?
any idea why a chart that ends in 2010 has any connection to manufacturing job gains in the last two years? I gave you the latest data for the last two years which show exactly what i said - a gain of 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the last two years. I gave you a link to a bls employment situation report which show strong month over month manufacturing employment gains for 2017 and 2018. I have nothing more to gain by tolerating your boorish and buffoonish behavior.

Last edited:
any idea why a chart that ends in 2010

NONE of the data sets i provided end in 2010. You just are not familiar with data analysis, and cannot properly understand what the graph tells you. Again, that's fine, but perhaps you'd be better off discussing other matters?

has any connection to manufacturing job gains in the last two years?

I provided you with two graphs, and both were up to date. What you've done is show everyone you don't know how to read them. :lol:

All the same cliché's. You guys never give up, do you. Half a million new manufacturing jobs, almost that many construction jobs. 312,000 people back to work last week. Discouraged workers back into the workforce. Involuntary part-timers now have full time work. Labor force participation up. We're creating more jobs than we have people to fill them. Wages up over 3% year over year. Yeah, the economy really sucks. :roll:

See, now you can't use the old "he inherited it from Obama, because you've pronounced it "Trump's economy".

Helpful hint: When ever CNN offers an opinion on Trump, believe the opposite - you'll be correct more often.

And, liberals love using corporations as their whipping boys for their talking points, even though small business employs most of the work force.

Small businesses are doing better now than 4 years ago.

He dealt with a Republican congress whose entire directive was to make him a one term President. They put their partisanship before the well-being of the American people.

I know it's a crap shoot to expect you to comprehend the data i'm going to present, but then again that's on you.

fredgraph.png

I know this is hard for you to understand but this thread is about the Trump economy and not the Obama economy so if you would care to prove my data wrong, I will leave this forum

2 trillion dollars added to GDP in his first two years in office, Obama including the stimulus about 300 billion 14.7 to 15.0 trillion

4.7 million jobs created and with the Obama stimulus 3 million jobs lost

Record revenue to the state and local govt. record consumer spending, record charitable contributions and still you radicals want a massive central gov't. All I see from you are poorly motivated, no drive, no initiative and expectations that someone else should pay for your personal responsibility issues and that a federal bureaucrat

OH, for God's sake, can't you guys give up on that non sequitur? Forget the jealousy and politics of envy for once in your life. Let's make this simple: Assume you pay $1,000,000 income tax and I pay $10,000. Now we each get the same reduction in rates, say 10% for simplicity; you now pay $900,000 and I pay $9000, e.g. your tax bill reduced $100,000 and my $1000. but you pay 99% of total tax; what a wonderful benefit! Totally unfair, right?

By the way what percentage of the lowest quintile pay ANY income tax AT ALL? And many benefited from increased EITC - getting money back they didn't pay in.

Sorry, you are spinning this as if the tax-cuts were proportional -- e.g. if you earned more, you got a bigger tax-cut because you earned more. The reality is that the rich got a higher percentage of the tax-cuts too.

Tax_cut_savings_as_a_proportion_of_income_2012_2018.png

Source: America’s getting $10 trillion in tax cuts, and 20% of them are going the richest 1%

LOL, thanks for a bunch of disjointed partisan blather. Since the discussion is about TRUMP'S ECONOMY, most mean nothing. You blathered about GOP controlled control, I pointed out that was inaccurate to outright wrong.
My statement was a half-million manufacturing jobs in the last two years - and I presented the data to prove that. I also provided a detailed analysis of manufacturing jobs directly from BLS. IF actually look at the BLS link under "manufacturing" you'll find a nice month-over-month manufacturing job gains bar chart. Notice the PRONOUNCED change to the right of Jan
In the past two years, the sun has risen over 700 times. Was that because of Trump? Of course not. Likewise, the fact that manufacturing jobs, which were rising for years, rose during Trump's first two years, doesn't mean it was because of Trump. I am sure you didn't give Obama credit for 96 months of continuous job growth.

I’m sorry but I am getting confused. The growth happened with two democratic houses of Congress and a Democratic executive branch. Why was that so bad?

What growth and what does that have to do with the thread topic? Obama and Democrats controlled the Congress from 2009-2011. This thread is about the Trump economy and the results I posted which are being ignored, why is that?

2 trillion dollars added to GDP in his first two years in office, Obama including the stimulus about 300 billion 14.7 to 15.0 trillion

I don't know what you think you're comparing, but if it is job performance, you've already lost the race. Trump was handed the longest economic expansion in the history of the United States. Obama was handed the next Great Depression.

4.7 million jobs created and with the Obama stimulus 3 million jobs lost

An even more pathetic comparison. If you're lost as to why i say this, read the statement above.

Record revenue to the state and local govt.

This is the case basically every quarter without a recession:

fredgraph.png

record consumer spending

fredgraph.png

This is the case basically every month without a recession.

record charitable contributions

Where is your source?

Given that every year is basically a record for every single metric, e.g., GDP, investment, consumption, savings, jobs, debt, etc..., your statement is entirely and absolutely worthless. You should leave the forum, only because you still don't know how to construct a decent argument/post/premise after 10 years and 80k+ posts. AKA, you're incapable of learning.

and still you radicals want a massive central gov't. All I see from you are poorly motivated, no drive, no initiative and expectations that someone else should pay for your personal responsibility issues and that a federal bureaucrat

Wow... that's really... um... special Con.

A
Small businesses are doing better now than 4 years ago.

And small busisinesses were doing better 4 years ago than they were 8 years ago. And small businesses were doing better 8... wait, no. But..., small businesses were doing better 12 years ago than they were doing 16 years ago. Are you following me?

I don't know what you think you're comparing, but if it is job performance, you've already lost the race. Trump was handed the longest economic expansion in the history of the United States. Obama was handed the next Great Depression.

An even more pathetic comparison. If you're lost as to why i say this, read the statement above.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Where is your source?

Given that every year is basically a record for every single metric, e.g., GDP, investment, consumption, savings, jobs, debt, etc..., your statement is entirely and absolutely worthless. You should leave the forum, only because you still don't know how to construct a decent argument/post/premise after 10 years and 80k+ posts. AKA, you're incapable of learning.

Right because all that matters is trajectory not the quality of jobs or dollar economic growth showing again why there is no place for you in the private sector. You definitely need the nanny state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Where is your source?

Bea.gov is my source for GDP and BLs for jobs. Part time jobs for economic reasons doesn't resonate with partisan liberal hacks nor does dollar GDP growth

Notice how you've responded to the same post twice
:laughat:
Bea.gov is my source for GDP and BLs for jobs.

Cool. But i don't care.

Part time jobs for economic reasons

Are you flailing now?

dollar GDP growth

WTF are you even talking about.

Right because all that matters is trajectory not the quality of jobs or dollar economic growth

The data you cite doesn't illustrate quality. As for dollar economic growth... i have no idea what you're talking about.

Cool. But i don't care.

Are you flailing now?

The data you cite doesn't illustrate quality. As for dollar economic growth... i have no idea what you're talking about.
The spreadsheet for employment and part time for economic reasons does. You ignored both

The spreadsheet for employment and part time for economic reasons does.

:shock:

Wow....

The spreadsheet (WTF???) for employment and part time for economic reasons isn't a qualitative measurement. You fail.

Cool. But i don't care.

Are you flailing now?

Bush GDP 4.5 trillion in 8 years 10.2 to 14.7

Obama GDP 4.2 trillion 14.7 to 18.9

Trump 18.9 to 22.0 projected

Then as most know govt. spending is a component of GDP and still Obama's was lower than Bush and is being blown away by Trump

Why the **** are you just spouting off random numbers, and responding to the same post multiple times?

Then as most know govt. spending is a component of GDP and still Obama's was lower than Bush and is being blown away by Trump
Yes, GDP rises over time, mostly regardless of government policy.
Eisenhower must have been a terrible president because GDP only rose $600 billion under his tenure.

Yes, GDP rises over time, mostly regardless of government policy.
Eisenhower must have been a terrible president because GDP only rose $600 billion under his tenure.

I posted the official Treasury data which refutes your comments which of course you want to parse through your leftwing radical lens. Post the Treasury data supporting your claim or admit what we all know, you are nothing more than a partisan leftwing liberal hack

Why the **** are you just spouting off random numbers, and responding to the same post multiple times?

This thread is about the Trump economy and the numbers I posted came from bea.gov, treasury data. Your partisan left wing rhetoric wants to interpret the Obama data through your left wing llens on a Thread about the Trump economy. You are wrong and have yet to refute those numbers using Treasury data

Table 1.1.5. Gross Domestic Product
[Billions of dollars] Seasonally adjusted at annual rates
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Last Revised on: December 21, 2018 - Next Release Date January 30, 2019

Line 2016 2017 2018
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3
1 Gross domestic product 18409.1 18640.7 18799.6 18979.2 19162.6 19359.1 19588.1 19831.8 20041 20411.9 20658.2

Back
Top Bottom