• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is Trump's economy, two years in

Better yet, why don't you, in great detail explain how obama and his policies affected the DOW so that it had an upswing?
a hole lotta con economicky's splained it, it was QE!

Why? If you don't believe what the chart shows nothing I could possible say would convince you Obama had a positive effect on the markets. I know folks try to say how much we suffered under the worst president ever, Obama, but the chart of the DOW disagrees for whatever reasons. I'm not a financial expert.

Since when do liberals believe in the stock market and those evil rich corporations generating stock gains? If Obama generated the 6k increase that Trump has you would have him up for sainthood. You certainly have been convinced by media and advertising that Bush was the worst President ever HOWEVER the results don't show that. Why don't you post the economic results that Obama had that was better than Bush?

Now let's talk about the thread topic. name for me another President that created 4.7 million jobs, increased the stock market 6000 points, and added 2 trillion dollars to the GDP his first two years in office?

Seems that you want badly to believe what you are told but it was TARP that bailed us out of the recession as recovery.org shows that the Obama stimulus had not even been spent before we came out of recession so how did Obama lift the country out of that recession.

Waiting for an answer and bet it never comes

Well, so much for the Trump "magic". I have yet to see any magic Trump economic "trickle down" in my pocket.

But the corporations loved it. Were able to pay off some debt, buyback their shares, do a bit of acquisition, move some operations overseas.

Yep. Wonderful for the Trump donor class with pass-through's. For the rest of us? Not so much. Now Trump is shafting government employees and contractors.

I sure hope Americans remember all of this wonderfulness in 2020.

And everything bad during o'bama's term was "Bush's fault" mentality.

Because there was so little to complain about in the wonderful economic situation he handed Obama?:lol:

Since when do liberals believe in the stock market and those evil rich corporations generating stock gains? If Obama generated the 6k increase that Trump has you would have him up for sainthood. You certainly have been convinced by media and advertising that Bush was the worst President ever HOWEVER the results don't show that. Why don't you post the economic results that Obama had that was better than Bush?

Now let's talk about the thread topic. name for me another President that created 4.7 million jobs, increased the stock market 6000 points, and added 2 trillion dollars to the GDP his first two years in office?

Seems that you want badly to believe what you are told but it was TARP that bailed us out of the recession as recovery.org shows that the Obama stimulus had not even been spent before we came out of recession so how did Obama lift the country out of that recession.

Yes corporations throwing away billions on stock buybacks so their own stock holdings go up in value is something we all can be proud of. I thought they were going to use all that new found cash to give employees raises.

BushObamaJobs.jpg

BushObamaUnemployment.jpg

BushObamaCorpProfits.jpg

BushvObama_householdincome.jpg

Last edited:
Well, so much for the Trump "magic". I have yet to see any magic Trump economic "trickle down" in my pocket.

But the corporations loved it. Were able to pay off some debt, buyback their shares, do a bit of acquisition, move some operations overseas.

Yep. Wonderful for the Trump donor class with pass-through's. For the rest of us? Not so much. Now Trump is shafting government employees and contractors.

The only way money would trickle down to you is if welfare payments increased

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You have to be blind either willfully or really, NOT to see the improvements in the economy. I don't know what your tax bracket is but 95% of folks saw some benefit from the cuts. Corporations have been hiring - almost a half million new manufacturing jobs created, almost that number of construction jobs. And you see nothing?

Yes corporations throwing away billions on stock buybacks so their own stock holdings go up in value is something we all can be proud of. I thought they were going to use all that new found cash to give employees raises.

BushObamaJobs.jpg

BushObamaUnemployment.jpg

BushObamaCorpProfits.jpg

BushvObama_householdincome.jpg
Great charts, so what? Jealousy is a vice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Most modern politicians are far from looking good. They are hateful, spiteful, vengeful, angry, disrespectful, disagreeable, unkind, unholy, crabby, greedy, selfish, conceited, crooked, corrupt, illogical, unreasonable and so forth, as if they have never been trained in acceptable civilized adult Christian behaviors.

Clearly so. But someone is electing those politicians. When even Jerry Falwell Jr. is giving a Mulligan to their P***y-grabbing, you know you have a problem.

You have to be blind either willfully or really, NOT to see the improvements in the economy. I don't know what your tax bracket is but 95% of folks saw some benefit from the cuts. Corporations have been hiring - almost a half million new manufacturing jobs created, almost that number of construction jobs. And you see nothing?

These trends have been going on since 2009. Why was it so bad before and why is it so dramatically different now?

The DOW tripled under Obama. And that was bad. But 6000 points under Trump, and we are finally getting the economy growing again.

I swear you guys live on a different planet and speak a different language. None of what you say makes any sense.

Better yet, why don't you, in great detail explain how obama and his policies affected the DOW so that it had an upswing?
That's easy, which can be answered with two charts, GDP and unemployment.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

The devil is in the details. "Saw some benefit."

The promise:

“The rich will not be gaining at all with this plan.” – President Donald Trump, Sept. 13, 2017
That was false. The rich overwhelmingly benefit.

Distribution of Trump Tax Cuts Favors Wealthiest
On average, in 2018, taxes declined for everyone, but top groups got the biggest benefit

The lowest quintile benefited by $56 a year, while the top quintile benefited $10,090.26.

The wealthy also won a drop in the top tax rate, from 39.6 percent to 37 percent, which they can slash further if they’re business owners who qualify for the new 20 percent pass-through break. If they’re corporate stockholders—and the vast majority of rich Americans are in some way—they’re also winning a big benefit from the law’s most expensive perk, the slashing of the corporate rate to 21 percent from 35 percent.

Overall, the Joint Committee on Taxation estimates the law delivers taxpayers who earn $1 million or more a tax cut of $37 billion in the next year alone.

Clearly so. But someone is electing those politicians. When even Jerry Falwell Jr. is giving a Mulligan to their P***y-grabbing, you know you have a problem.

Democrats hate republicans who have been accused of "P***y-grabbing" but they love their own who have admitted to or been convicted of having committed all sorts of sexual crimes against women.

Democrats hate republicans who have been accused of "P***y-grabbing" but they love their own who have admitted to or been convicted of having committed all sorts of sexual crimes against women.

Nope. Here’s the difference: we don’t give them a Mulligan or continue to scream ourselves hoarse with enthusiasm for them. And we are not hypocritical enough to brag about our moral righteousness.

This is Trump's economy, two years in

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190111125701-02-shutdown-2019-large-169.jpg[img]

Agglomerated, Trumps policies have had a negative net-affect on the economy. Federal debt is up and the federal deficit is ballooning. Very little "trickle-down" from Trumps tax bonanza for the wealthy and corps.[/QUOTE]

Debt and deficits are up because spending is up, primarily on defense, interest, and social spending. Taxes are up a little, but for most people, they have higher wages and lower taxes. GDP has increased by almost 2 trillion. Unemployment is down.

GDP alone shows that there is a net POSITIVE effect on the economy, which is growing at nearly twice the rate as before.

Let's see then, tax break, less revenue coming in, spending up. What's not to like? This is the republican dream come true. It's the one they run on election after election.

Revenue is up. Which is a bad thing.

Total Receipts: Up by Less Than 1 Percent in the First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019
Receipts totaled $771 billion during the first quarter of fiscal year 2019, CBO estimates—$2 billion
more than during the same period last year. The changes between last year and this year were as follows:

Every tax bracket was lowered and the deduction doubled. If you arent seeing more money in your pocket, then you arent producing any.

The DOW tripled under Obama. And that was bad. But 6000 points under Trump, and we are finally getting the economy growing again.

I swear you guys live on a different planet and speak a different language. None of what you say makes any sense.

No you have that liberal disease of picking and choosing the data you want to believe. The stock market was at 14.7 in 2007 and with a growing economy and population that is the bottom line to compare growth, not the reality that the Democratic Congress took the Stock Market down but again. You see, in your world you never accept any responsibility for anything bad and always blame others. Why would you ignore the drop in the stock market as well as drop in employment with a Democratic Congress? Maybe civics would help you!

That's easy, which can be answered with two charts, GDP and unemployment.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Yep continue to ignore context and the reality that millions of part time employees for economic reasons are that chart you are posting. In your world are part time employees every bit as good as full time employees? Looks to me like you will never answer direct questions especially on this thread about the Trump economy two years later. Waiting for you to refute the 2 trillion added to GDP, 4.7 million jobs created, 1 million fewer part time employees for economic reasons Obama left Trump.

Seems the only way you will ever benefit from the Trump economy is if he authorizes an increase in your welfare payments.

The devil is in the details. "Saw some benefit."

The promise:

“The rich will not be gaining at all with this plan.” – President Donald Trump, Sept. 13, 2017
That was false. The rich overwhelmingly benefit.

Distribution of Trump Tax Cuts Favors Wealthiest
On average, in 2018, taxes declined for everyone, but top groups got the biggest benefit

The lowest quintile benefited by $56 a year, while the top quintile benefited $10,090.26.
OH, for God's sake, can't you guys give up on that non sequitur? Forget the jealousy and politics of envy for once in your life. Let's make this simple: Assume you pay $1,000,000 income tax and I pay $10,000. Now we each get the same reduction in rates, say 10% for simplicity; you now pay $900,000 and I pay $9000, e.g. your tax bill reduced $100,000 and my $1000. but you pay 99% of total tax; what a wonderful benefit! Totally unfair, right?

By the way what percentage of the lowest quintile pay ANY income tax AT ALL? And many benefited from increased EITC - getting money back they didn't pay in.

These trends have been going on since 2009. Why was it so bad before and why is it so dramatically different now?
LOL, ah, the ol' "it's all on Obama" mntra. Why then did Obama oversee the worst post-recession since WW II. Unemployment rates over 10%, millions either accepting part time work when they'd rather have full time jobs, others totally giving up even looking for work? An economy that struggled to grow at an anemic 2% -or less. Unemployment was at 4.7% - a rate most economists consider "full employment", yet under Trump feel it feel to 3.7%. We were told those manufacturing jobs were "gone for good" and that slow growth was the "new normal" by "the one we've been waiting for" and yet the "Orange Man" stepped in and did it.

LOL, ah, the ol' "it's all on Obama" mntra. Why then did Obama oversee the worst post-recession since WW II.

He dealt with a Republican congress whose entire directive was to make him a one term President. They put their partisanship before the well-being of the American people.

We were told those manufacturing jobs were "gone for good" and that slow growth was the "new normal" by "the one we've been waiting for" and yet the "Orange Man" stepped in and did it.

I know it's a crap shoot to expect you to comprehend the data i'm going to present, but then again that's on you.

fredgraph.png

He dealt with a Republican congress whose entire directive was to make him a one term President. They put their partisanship before the well-being of the American people.
Except, course, for his first two years when he had overwhelming majorities in BOTH houses. In fact he never faced full GOP control of Congress until his last two years in office; By then, he'd FUBAR'd just about anything he could.

Kusninator said:
I know it's a crap shoot to expect you to comprehend the data i'm going to present, but then again that's on you.

fredgraph.png
Great move - insult my intelligence is sure to make me even consider looking at it. :roll:

Here's a little more from BLS:

In December, employment in manufacturing continued to rise (+32,000). Over the year, manufacturing added 284,000 jobs, compared to 207,000 in 2017. Durable goods accounted for 76 percent of the 2018 job gains, adding 216,000.
The 1-month diffusion index for manufacturing increased by 4.6 points to 67.1. A value over 50 indicates that more industries are adding jobs than losing them.
So, 207,000 in 2017 and 284,000 in 2018 seems to add up to about a half-millon. And a strong diffusion index indicating companies are adding jobs.

ETA: Notice I didn't have to insult your intelligence to prove you don't know what your talking about. :lamo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom