• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is Absolutely Amazing

Just curious....if it was about lying why the Republicans release a 30,000 page report about the investigation which mentioned oral sex, sex toys like a cigar etc. Not only that the day they arrest a politician for lying you might find a few very poor people that remain electable in this country. The two groups which contain the biggest liars in the world are the congress and the church. Thank goodness church membership is on a steep decline in this country. It would be an even greater decline if it were not for poor Mexican catholics coming into the country by the million. Most youngsters are wising up to the GAWD, JEEZUS story.

You do know that congress impeached Clinton for perjury don't you? Just curious.

This whole incident was caused by a mixed policy towards the ME/Muslims. First they stop capturing, interring and interrogating suspected terrorists, instead just assassinating them with drones. Then when the Arab Spring begins they try and make a show of reparations and non US involvement into the new leadership by refusing to help an Embassy fearing imminent attack. Their bad intel thinking it was a demonstrating mob and not organized terrorists, refusing to care enough to help caused those deaths. It was a result from a lack of empathy, good info, confused policy and outright hubris.

In the right wing echo chamber ....they always feel like their ..spin is working. Take a look at how the Dixie Chicks received death threats for being against the Iraq war.

Same ole moronic and inaccurate leftist spin. The DC weren't reviled for their anti-war stance, but for what was perceived as anti-American speech to gain glamour for themselves in front of a foreign audience.

I can see you need a little enlightening on the events. From 1993 when Bill Clinton was inaugurated the Republicans immediately began investigating every little thing about the Clintons. The first big investigation was about Bill and Hillary's part in a property development in Arkansas named Whitewater. Every move the man made was criticized for two terms. The Republicans couldn't stand him because he was the most popular president since FDR. They never quit. When they announced that they would impeach him all the Democrats in the congress walked out of the capitol building. After the house , impeachment Larry Flynt(Hustler magazine) paid millions for information about Republicans who had done worse and newspapers printed stories about GA congressman Bob Barr, a pro life soapbox preacher paying for an abortion for his first wife while he was already dating his second and Mr. Livingston from LA had to resign his new appointment as speaker of the house after serving in that position for two weeks. Also Mr Harry Hyde was caught in an extra marital affair after more than 20 years had passed. He did not run for reelection.

And not a bit of that little bogus recall of history negates the fact that Bill was a cheat and his wife was/is a crook. He used his office to illegally support his behavior, both as governor and president. Can you just imagine the outcry from your looney left if a republican had been diddling an intern a third his age and barely an adult in the Oval Office itself?

Their "every move" was investigated because most of those moves were corrupt, crooked and/or illegal.

As for "republicans who had done worse" - incredible nonsense and shows you drank the full measure of koolaid. You bought the distraction that the impeachment hearings were about a blowjob. No, it was about major graft and corruption in that admin going all the way to the top. The POTUS lied, and lied, and lied some more. In the end he managed to distract from his guilt enough that all we could nail the bastard on were perjury charges.

Not only that Flynt announced that he had more that he could release and would watch the senate trial closely to decide whether or not to release it.....that was the smartest move he made because every crooked son-of-a-bitch there had something to hide so they voted to leave Clinton in office.

Bull****. That's a nice story you tell yourself and I'm sure those in the echo chamber you have set up will reinforce the belief that comforts you so.

Conclusion:

Clinton remained in office and left with a 65% approval rating.

You folks need a major wake up call. Romney won two demographics....white men and folks over 65. Since whites will soon be a minority in America and since folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than voters under 30 if you don't change your ways the only way you will win a national election in the future is by cheating or gerrymandering.

I love how you celebrate that a crook, horndog and known liar was so popular with liberal Americans, perhaps you should reflect on what that says about your position. As for the rest of the nonsense, the pendulum swings, if you think it won't swing back you're either ignorant of physics or politics or both.

I'm sorry, how is this different that lying to congress about WMD to start a war that killed 4500 of our brave soldiers? How do you draw a parallel between justifying a war and a failed diplomatic security issue? Unreal!
It was only a lie on the left. For everyone else it was a mistake.

You do know that the impeachment measure failed, right?

Clinton might have been a sleaze-bag but he was a pretty good President. If you only had 2 choices, Obama or Clinton, which would you choose?

You do know that congress impeached Clinton for perjury don't you? Just curious.

Clinton might have been a sleaze-bag but he was a pretty good President. If you only had 2 choices, Obama or Clinton, which would you choose?

Clinton was impeached by congress. He was only a "good president" because he went along with a rep congress on all their very popular ideas in order to keep his popularity high. He dropped the ball on terrorism and let it get a foot hold. He ignored the Cole bombing and If he would have responded to the first attack on the twin towers like bush responded to the second there would have been no 9-11. He was a recipient of a huge peace and prosperity dividend inherited from Reagan's hard work and basically cruised through his presidency avoiding tough decisions. He let a genocide in Rwanda occur on his watch. His strategy of triangulation was the beginning of our very divided country and that is his legacy. Having said that, yes I'd prefer him over Obama, sad but true.

No, the "impeachment measure" did not fail, Clinton was impeached. He was not however, obviously, removed from office.

You are both correct and I can say I learned something today. Obviously, I forgot what happened. He was indeed impeached by the HOR but the impeachment failed in the Senate. So, thank you.

As for the terrorism, lets discuss this.
The WTC attack seemed to be pretty much domestic terrorism. What should he have done?
The Cole attack - what should he have done?
The Rwanda genocide - what should he have done?

I won'r argue that he went along with a Republican Congress on a number of things. Most vivid to me was Welfare Reform. So, if he was so Republican influenced, what's the problem? Should he not have listened to Congress?

As for crediting Reagan, yes, Reagan borrowed heavily and some of that money flowed to the economy and stimulated it. But it created a great deal of debt and set us on the path to increasing deficits. So, yes, Clinton's era benefitted from all that extra cash. But in retrospect, didn't this give license to the kind of massive deficits that we saw less under Clinton but much more so under the Bush Jr. and Obama regimes. So, if you take the credit, you must take the blame as well.

Part of the prosperity was from the development of the PC, for which Clinton gets no credit and no blame. Those were good times.

No, the "impeachment measure" did not fail, Clinton was impeached. He was not however, obviously, removed from office.

Clinton was impeached by congress. He was only a "good president" because he went along with a rep congress on all their very popular ideas in order to keep his popularity high. He dropped the ball on terrorism and let it get a foot hold. He ignored the Cole bombing and If he would have responded to the first attack on the twin towers like bush responded to the second there would have been no 9-11. He was a recipient of a huge peace and prosperity dividend inherited from Reagan's hard work and basically cruised through his presidency avoiding tough decisions. He let a genocide in Rwanda occur on his watch. His strategy of triangulation was the beginning of our very divided country and that is his legacy. Having said that, yes I'd prefer him over Obama, sad but true.

WMDs was only he 3rd reason for invasion, not the main reason. The main reason was that Saddam was about to base his oil off the Euro instead of the US dollar, which would have been disastrous for us. Reason #2 was the Kuate invasion as Kuate was an ally at the time. The WMD thing is just what the media ran with for their ratings.

Before you cry about all the soldiers who died in war, think of all the civilians who died in Chicago since that war, that your current President comes from Chicago, and is trying to pass laws to make that death toll even worse.

At least you admitted the real reason for invading Iraq.....oil. I got real suspicious when Rumsfeld said there were weapons of mass destruction located north, west, south and east of Tikrit.....that's really pinning it down.

We've been managing oil activities in the middle class since the 1930's and we still can't see why the Muslims don't like us. The Republican party is finished in America. If they can't figure out a way to keep poor people away from the polls they'll never win another national election. Take it to the bank.

Why do we have troops in 170 countries and the last time somebody surrendered to us was in 1945? Republicans start wars....Democrats end them.

Last edited:
At least you admitted the real reason for invading Iraq.....oil..
If that were true then we would have taken the oil and we didn't.

I don't believe we've had a good president in my lifetime but you can't expect much from politicians. Clinton was an OK president because he didn't mess anything up and he had the good fortune to be in power during the internet bubble. His two successors were and are, in my opinion, the two most destructive presidents in my lifetime.

I believe being impeached refers bringing someone up on charges, and he was ... but the Senate voted against impeachment, so in another sense he was not impeached ... I saw McCain on T.V. say Clinton was not impeached ... I think he was referring to the second meaning ... But technically, I think he was impeached ...

I don't believe we've had a good president in my lifetime but you can't expect much from politicians. Clinton was an OK president because he didn't mess anything up and he had the good fortune to be in power during the internet bubble. His two successors were and are, in my opinion, the two most destructive presidents in my lifetime.

in 2010 over 200 presidential scholars ranked Obama 15th and W in the mid or high 30s ... we'll see where the experts put him by the time he's done ... my guess is that he will drop a few notches ...

The bottom line is that the Republicans connived and plotted and spied on Bill and Hillary Clinton for eight years, cost the taxpayers $100 million and all they could come up with was the same kind of personal horse **** that all the Republicans had been doing themselves. I especially liked them catching that goddam fake pro lifer from GA paying for an abortion for his first wife after he was already involved with his second one. Republicans deny sex and Democrats brag about it.

Since you went to the bottom line, then do you agree that lying under oath in a private civil matter is wrong for anyone and worse for the POTUS?

Your other point are all over the map and you are just putting up a smokescreen to hide your factual mistake.

I assume that you agree that special prosecutors can run amok and should be used sparingly.

If that were true then we would have taken the oil and we didn't.

The hell we didn't. We went over there when the average education there was about the equivalent of fourth grade and nearly all of them didn't have that. Big oil companies have had a presence there and we've been very sure of a presence there for 80 years. Iraq is a strategic position for oil in the middle east and we couldn't stand it when Saddam Hussein invaded Qatar and you think it was a coincidence that when we ran Saddam out of there in the Gulf war that he set most of their oil wells afire? Come on....get real if you're gonna try to argue.

At least you admitted the real reason for invading Iraq.....oil.
"Admit" means to confess with reluctance or confess a crime. I've been up-front with my support for invading other countries for energy since forever. I've never tried to hide it and I fully support war for energy. There's nothing wrong with warning over energy.

I got real suspicious when Rumsfeld said there were weapons of mass destruction located north, west, south and east of Tikrit.....that's really pinning it down.
The public can't be told the truth because what you say to the public you also say to your enemy. That's why soldiers can't post pictures on facebook, etc. It's easier just to stop looking to the government for truth.

We've been managing oil activities in the middle class since the 1930's and we still can't see why the Muslims don't like us.
Yes we do, we just don't care that they don't like us, nor should we.[/QUOTE]

The Republican party is finished in America.
Republicans/Democrats don't really have anything to do with this. A president from any other party would have don the exact same things.

We went over there when the average education there was about the equivalent of fourth grade and nearly all of them didn't have that. Big oil companies have had a presence there and we've been very sure of a presence there for 80 years. Iraq is a strategic position for oil in the middle east and we couldn't stand it when Saddam Hussein invaded Qatar and you think it was a coincidence that when we ran Saddam out of there in the Gulf war that he set most of their oil wells afire? Come on....get real if you're gonna try to argue.

Anyone who supports Bush invading Iraq to rid them of weapons of mass destruction has their head a mile up their ass. The Bush administration told.....and it is documented, nearly a thousand lies to convince everyone that it was the thing to do.

Last edited:
You are both correct and I can say I learned something today. Obviously, I forgot what happened. He was indeed impeached by the HOR but the impeachment failed in the Senate. So, thank you.

As for the terrorism, lets discuss this.
The WTC attack seemed to be pretty much domestic terrorism. What should he have done?
The Cole attack - what should he have done?
The Rwanda genocide - what should he have done?

I won'r argue that he went along with a Republican Congress on a number of things. Most vivid to me was Welfare Reform. So, if he was so Republican influenced, what's the problem? Should he not have listened to Congress?

As for crediting Reagan, yes, Reagan borrowed heavily and some of that money flowed to the economy and stimulated it. But it created a great deal of debt and set us on the path to increasing deficits. So, yes, Clinton's era benefitted from all that extra cash. But in retrospect, didn't this give license to the kind of massive deficits that we saw less under Clinton but much more so under the Bush Jr. and Obama regimes. So, if you take the credit, you must take the blame as well.

Part of the prosperity was from the development of the PC, for which Clinton gets no credit and no blame. Those were good times.

On the terrorism subject:
Bin Laden claimed responsibility for six terrorist attacks on Americans during Clinton's years as president, in response Clinton ultimately bombed an aspirin factory rumored to be owned by UBl and shot millions of dollars worth of missiles at an empty tent UBL was rumored to be in. No follow up attacks whatsoever after this one failed attempt to get him. If he had attacked his training camps in Afghanistan and disrupted his organization and maybe even killed UBL 9-11 never would have occurred.

On the Rwanda genocide I will defer to Clinton himself who calls his inaction there "my greatest regret".

We went over there when the average education there was about the equivalent of fourth grade and nearly all of them didn't have that. Big oil companies have had a presence there and we've been very sure of a presence there for 80 years. Iraq is a strategic position for oil in the middle east and we couldn't stand it when Saddam Hussein invaded Qatar and you think it was a coincidence that when we ran Saddam out of there in the Gulf war that he set most of their oil wells afire? Come on....get real if you're gonna try to argue.

Anyone who supports Bush invading Iraq to rid them of weapons of mass destruction has their head a mile up their ass. The Bush administration told.....and it is documented, nearly a thousand lies to convince everyone that it was the thing to do.

Qatar? I must have missed that. Did they go by sea or through Saudi Arabia?

"Admit" means to confess with reluctance or confess a crime. I've been up-front with my support for invading other countries for energy since forever. I've never tried to hide it and I fully support war for energy. There's nothing wrong with warning over energy.

The public can't be told the truth because what you say to the public you also say to your enemy. That's why soldiers can't post pictures on facebook, etc. It's easier just to stop looking to the government for truth.

Yes we do, we just don't care that they don't like us, nor should we. Republicans/Democrats don't really have anything to do with this. A president from any other party would have don the exact same things.

LMAO!!!! Obama has ended one of Bush's wars and is well on the way to the end of another. When he was senator he worked against the Republican idea of invading Iraq. How soon we forget.

Last edited:
I feel pretty much the same way. The Clinton era was a good one. Was it because he was so perfect? No, but he was extremely intelligent and I appreciate that quality. Was he kind of slimy? Yes, that he was. Bush and Obama, while different in some ways, are both way in over their heads. Getting the job and doing the job are 2 very different things.

Our political process has always been peculiar. What kind of personality leads someone to choose a career in politics instead of architecture, for example. I think you have to be bent in order to have this desire. These careers are chosen, not accidental. Now, in the age of TV and internet and instant bulk texting, this is even more so, an extreme choice. These are not populist heros that arise in time of need. These are cunning, somewhat feral people who are our only offerings. Add to that our propensity for extreme positions, how can we possibly pick a "winner".?

What do you think Clinton should have done in order to not regret it? What would you have done (assuming you get time off to assume the Presidency) about Rwanda?

...and if 9/11 never occurred, do you think Iraq would have occurred and if Iraq never occurred would Obama have occurred?

On the terrorism subject:
Bin Laden claimed responsibility for six terrorist attacks on Americans during Clinton's years as president, in response Clinton ultimately bombed an aspirin factory rumored to be owned by UBl and shot millions of dollars worth of missiles at an empty tent UBL was rumored to be in. No follow up attacks whatsoever after this one failed attempt to get him. If he had attacked his training camps in Afghanistan and disrupted his organization and maybe even killed UBL 9-11 never would have occurred.

On the Rwanda genocide I will defer to Clinton himself who calls his inaction there "my greatest regret".

LMAO!!!! Obama has ended one of Bush's wars and is well on the way to the end of another. When he was senator he worked against the Republican idea of invading Iraq. How soon we forget.

Enlighten us how as an Illinois Senator Mr Obama worked against the "Republican idea of invading Iraq?"

So the only defense the leftists can muster for an administration that purposely lied about the deaths of four brave people is to say - look at what the previous admin did? Really? That is the best you have? No accountability for your own at all? You like being lied too, purposely manipulated and falsely represented? That is some really scary (almost fascist like) following of the beloved dictator you have there.

Republicans won't let a thing go which killed four Americans who volunteered for hazardous duty and drew extra pay for it but are quick to defend the Iraq war which killed 4500 young Americans, seriously wounded 35,000 more and the Bush administration told over 900 lies about Saddam Hussein and his weapons of mass destruction(HAHAHAHAHA) to justify invading in the first place. Can you believe that the pit bull bred assholes who ignored all that while the war was steaming and Halliburton was getting richer off American taxpayers completely denied that there were no WMD's and continued to expand the war? It's coming up on a year since those people were killed in Benghazi..........GTF over it!!

I remember the same thing when the Republicans tried for eight years to remove Bill Clinton from office and finally ended up spending $100 million to prove that he got a blowjob. They didn't remove him from office and he left with a 65% approval rating. Keep it up folks....you will just keep on losing elections.

Back
Top Bottom