• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Zimmerman Speech Obama Should Have Given

Rawlings

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CNSNEWS.COM
July 22nd, 1913
by J Matt Barber

Excerpt:

. . . This case should never have gone to trial. Probable cause for charges of second-degree murder did not exist. Unfortunately, it has become evident that charges were filed based upon a purely political calculus, rather than upon the legal merits of the case. This is legal malpractice, and those responsible should be held accountable.

Before charges were even filed, I publicly and inappropriately said: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." This was irresponsible of me. It was a politically motivated abuse of the presidential bully pulpit. It presumed Mr. Zimmerman guilty until proven innocent. The implication was racially charged and cynical. To the extent that I may have contributed to the spurious filing of charges, I apologize to Florida. I also apologize to George Zimmerman, his family and the American people.

See more at: The Zimmerman Speech Obama Should Have Given | CNS News
___________________________________________________________________________________

I loath this administration. There's nothing too despicable, too dishonest for it to utter.

Last edited:
CNSNEWS.COM
July 22nd, 1913
by J Matt Barber

Excerpt:

. . . This case should never have gone to trial. Probable cause for charges of second-degree murder did not exist. Unfortunately, it has become evident that charges were filed based upon a purely political calculus, rather than upon the legal merits of the case. This is legal malpractice, and those responsible should be held accountable.

Before charges were even filed, I publicly and inappropriately said: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." This was irresponsible of me. It was a politically motivated abuse of the presidential bully pulpit. It presumed Mr. Zimmerman guilty until proven innocent. The implication was racially charged and cynical. To the extent that I may have contributed to the spurious filing of charges, I apologize to Florida. I also apologize to George Zimmerman, his family and the American people.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I loath this administration. There's nothing too despicable, too dishonest for it to utter.

Exactly that is what should have been said.

Leading From Behind Al Sharpton July 23, 2013 - 5:10 AM
Pat Buchanan
CNSNEWS.COM

"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago," said Obama.

But which Trayvon?

The one walking home with Skittles and tea? Or the one who sucker-punched Zimmerman, decked him, piled on, pummeled him martial arts style, hammered his head on the sidewalk, ignored his screams for help and got shot by the guy he was assaulting?

For that is the story Zimmerman told, Sanford police believed, the lone eyewitness confirmed, the defense argued, the prosecution could not shake and the jury believed. Not guilty, on all counts.If Obama thinks the verdict was justified, why did he not urge that the demonstrations, marches, vandalism and violence cease?

If he agrees Zimmerman got away with murder — "an atrocity," Al Sharpton said of the verdict — why did Obama hide behind this mush: "Once the jury's spoken, that's how the system works.

"The president sent his "thoughts and prayers" to Trayvon's family.

To George Zimmerman, painted as a racist monster for 16 months, hiding in fear of his life, his Peruvian mother and family under threat — not a word of compassion from the president.

See more at: Leading From Behind Al Sharpton | CNS News

Disgusting.

No, the speech he made was perfect.

I don't recall in his speech where he made mention of that other minority family involved in that trial just a 'woe-is-me' I'm a poor Black guy angle.

I don't recall in his speech where he made mention of that other minority family involved in that trial just a 'woe-is-me' I'm a poor Black guy angle.
Obama's speech said nothing of "woe-is-me" so I can't address your comment. Do you have something to say about his actual speech?

CNSNEWS.COM
July 22nd, 1913
by J Matt Barber

Excerpt:

Oh, for God's sake!!!

Anyone who denies we've got Black While Driving goin' on...Black While Walking...Shopping While Black...Using An Elevator While Black is blind as a bat.

Apparently you've never heard the song Bridge Over Troubled Water?

When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you

I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
I will lay me down
I will lay me down

Sail on Silver Girl,
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
I will ease your mind
I will ease your mind

Last edited:
Obama's speech said nothing of "woe-is-me" so I can't address your comment. Do you have something to say about his actual speech?
Oh the part about how he hears locks clicks and being followed in the department store wasn't 'woe' seriously.

For a guy who was raise by well off White folks and educated in the most prestigious private school in Hawaii, he sure talk tall tales.

Along with spitting in the face of Whites and other groups, I suppose that speech was hunky dory. 8)

Actually his speech was better than the one in the OP.

Oh the part about how he hears locks clicks and being followed in the department store wasn't 'woe' seriously.

For a guy who was raise by well off White folks and educated in the most prestigious private school in Hawaii, he sure talk tall tales.

Along with spitting in the face of Whites and other groups, I suppose that speech was hunky dory. 8)
Reporting negative experiences in one's life is not a "woe-is-me" moment. That doesn't even make any sense.

Obama was talking about people reacting to his race, not people reacting to his education and parents. Thus, your comment is nonsensical.

People who think that Obama was "spitting in the faces of white people" are projecting the hostility they feel towards blacks.

Reporting negative experiences in one's life is not a "woe-is-me" moment. That doesn't even make any sense.

Obama was talking about people reacting to his race, not people reacting to his education and parents. Thus, your comment is nonsensical.

People who think that Obama was "spitting in the faces of white people" are projecting the hostility they feel towards blacks.

Non sense! What an Obamatron you are.

This matter never had anything to do with race at all. The face that Obama spit in was that of truth and justice, and the only sign of racial bigotry in this instance was that of Martin and the shameless political left.

Oh, for God's sake!!!

Anyone who denies we've got Black While Driving goin' on...Black While Walking...Shopping While Black...Using An Elevator While Black is blind as a bat.

As any sensible person knows, there will always be "black while something or another" according to lefty, and as conservative blacks know the biggest problem for black advancement in America are the leftist teachers' unions, the politics of dependency and other blacks of the thuggish persuasion on the streets and of the leftist persuasion in the race grievance industry.

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs—partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. . . . There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. —Booker T. Washington​

Now that's a real dialogue on race. Anything else would just be more of the contemptuous same: lies, petty tyrannies, shake downs, race cards, excuses and cover ups.

What we really need to do in America is tell the crybabies and the scam artists to shut up already. There's grown up work to be done in our schools especially, and all these diaper-clad imbeciles soiling themselves and throwing fits are in the way.

Yes, the families of people accused of crimes should be terrorized, depending upon their race. :roll:

While there are racial issues in America please tell me how they are improved by claiming a thug like TM should be honored? I compare the word "honored" to something I do for veterans, police officers and hero's in society - not kids that jump community volunteers, beat on them, do drugs, take others property, get suspended from school, text about buying a firearm, look up to a gang leader, and enhance his tea and skittles with cough syrup. Please explain to me how "honoring" this thug enhances the conversation about issues surrounding African Americans? When the loser in charge of this nation says "honor" TM (a thug) he tells me that my life is not worth defending because its white. Screw him.

Oh, for God's sake!!!

While there are racial issues in America please tell me how they are improved by claiming a thug like TM should be honored? I compare the word "honored" to something I do for veterans, police officers and hero's in society - not kids that jump community volunteers, beat on them, do drugs, take others property, get suspended from school, text about buying a firearm, look up to a gang leader, and enhance his tea and skittles with cough syrup. Please explain to me how "honoring" this thug enhances the conversation about issues surrounding African Americans? When the loser in charge of this nation says "honor" TM (a thug) he tells me that my life is not worth defending because its white. Screw him.

Jesus. Cut the guy (and African-Americans) some slack. The news media portrayed Trayvon Martin is a young child, for heaven's sake. Most people in this country didn't have NEAR the interest we on DP had...watching the trial, reading testimony, looking at exhibits...for well over a year.

Most people knew what they were told...that Trayvon Martin was a young kid on his way home from the store with some goodies for his friend. And they heard it over and over and over and over again.

Our country's African-American population was being rabble-roused by the "best" -- Jesse and Al. "No Justice/No Peace" rattled in the streets.

Do you really think that the President of the United States was going to step up and defile the memory that had been created by a media gone wild?? No, he was going to try to quell the anger and vitriol by saying, "I get it, folks. I get it. I hear you. I understand."

Did he say exactly the right things? No, he didn't. But some of the **** I've read in this thread about what he should have said is just ridiculous. Our President stood up and quieted a constituency of this United States that has had and continues to have a raw deal in many respects.

Hell, we can't even break the cycle and teach many of their kids to read, for God's sake. Give them a break. Give him a break. And quit being so damned pompous. NIGYYSOB. That's what you're playing. Look it up.

Just because the media lied to the people for a year does not mean the President should get in front of his bully pulpit and add it it and enhance it. He did not have to say "honor" TM. He could have said TM did wrong, GZ defended himself, and this has now been determined by a jury of his peers and its time to move on; he could have easily added we need to educate the TM"s of the world to call for help not attack another. This loser human in the oval office is no different the JJ/AS - a race baiting failure.

Jesus. Cut the guy (and African-Americans) some slack. The news media portrayed Trayvon Martin is a young child, for heaven's sake. Most people in this country didn't have NEAR the interest we on DP had...watching the trial, reading testimony, looking at exhibits...for well over a year.

Most people knew what they were told...that Trayvon Martin was a young kid on his way home from the store with some goodies for his friend. And they heard it over and over and over and over again.

Our country's African-American population was being rabble-roused by the "best" -- Jesse and Al. "No Justice/No Peace" rattled in the streets.

Do you really think that the President of the United States was going to step up and defile the memory that had been created by a media gone wild?? No, he was going to try to quell the anger and vitriol by saying, "I get it, folks. I get it. I hear you. I understand."

Did he say exactly the right things? No, he didn't. But some of the **** I've read in this thread about what he should have said is just ridiculous. Our President stood up and quieted a constituency of this United States that has had and continues to have a raw deal in many respects.

Hell, we can't even break the cycle and teach many of their kids to read, for God's sake. Give them a break. Give him a break. And quit being so damned pompous. NIGYYSOB. That's what you're playing. Look it up.

Back
Top Bottom