• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The willful ignorance of right-winger Republicans

To discuss the basic issue. To give and explore examples is right-winger Republican willful ignorance may lead to violations of the DP ad hom rules.
in other words-trolling?

This is simply not so, as we will see when examples begin to be posted.
your posts often prove my point. In fact most of the nonsense you post does

The fear of being wrong. It's quite prevalent

Franklin Delano Roosevelt said during his first inaugural presidential address: "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

Are Republicans deliberately choosing to completely ignore this statement? They all want to spread the fear FDR hated.

"On the whole, the research shows, conservatives desire security, predictability, and authority more than liberals do, and liberals are more comfortable with novelty, nuance, and complexity. "

This is an interesting read. ..From Scientific American >>>>>>>>>
it's right in the name, conservative and liberal. Conservatives resist change, so it makes sense. And they always lose out, every successful company evolves to be able to continue to be successful, civilization advances, science advances, living things have to evolve or adapt to survive long term, everything evolves. Conservatives serve as the anchor to block progress, often times kicking and screaming

it's why military and police tend to be conservative, their entire work is a fascist environment of structure, chain of command, etc

They are distributed across the ideology spectrum ... Democrats, Republicans and Independents
The difference I see is that when presented with concrete evidence that blows up their belief, many from the FRW will dig in and gaslight and deflect and do anything to avoid admitting that they are wrong. I see that less often on other portions of the political spectrum. They may vacate the thread or concede but they rarely double down.

I have two examples of willful ignorance that cracked me up recently.

A person tried to insist multiple times that an event had not occurred even though the original post in the thread contained a link to all the pertinent info. Another person was outraged that a US representative was condemned by a leader in their mutual political party. Then they asked, "Who is this representative?".

****ing twilight zone.

Is that the one who claimed not to know who MTG and Gosar are? Same poster who played dumb about Fuentas and his white nationalist devotees chanting in support of Russia 21 seconds before MTG rolled her skanky ass onstage?

Is that the one who claimed not to know who MTG and Gosar are? Same poster who played dumb about Fuentas and his white nationalist devotees chanting in support of Russia 21 seconds before MTG rolled her skanky ass onstage?
Two different posters, same topic.

Omigod! Does he even know that this is a perfect example of the topic! Amazing! He refuse to acknowledge the praise of Putin from Tucker and Trump in the run-up to the election, and then uses the “switch the topic” tactic.
Thank you for perfectly illustrating the OP, my friend!
i'm sorry, so please, by all means explain why it matters to you what a former president and fox opinionist think?

if they are behind Putin I believe they are wrong, but I doubt that is truly the case and it is taken out of context. more joyous "facts" and lack of being able to discern nuance from the progressives.

More of the same old psychological projection on your part.
Yes you are but what am I, is a debating tactic that sort of loses its charm around fourth grade

The difference I see is that when presented with concrete evidence that blows up their belief, many from the FRW will dig in and gaslight and deflect and do anything to avoid admitting that they are wrong. I see that less often on other portions of the political spectrum. They may vacate the thread or concede but they rarely double down.
Concrete evidence? you mean "the science" we keep hearing about, yet it continues to shift and change?

it's right in the name, conservative and liberal. Conservatives resist change, so it makes sense. And they always lose out, every successful company evolves to be able to continue to be successful, civilization advances, science advances, living things have to evolve or adapt to survive long term, everything evolves. Conservatives serve as the anchor to block progress, often times kicking and screaming

it's why military and police tend to be conservative, their entire work is a fascist environment of structure, chain of command, etc
a stupid comment given that if one lives in say a stalinist authoritarian dictatorship-conservatives support the regime and liberals want freedom. American left-wingers are usually not "liberal" but reactionary parasitic statists, whose answer to everything is more government control, more taxation and more hatred of economic freedom

Franklin Delano Roosevelt said during his first inaugural presidential address: "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

Are Republicans deliberately choosing to completely ignore this statement? They all want to spread the fear FDR hated.
More nonsense. the reactionary left is all about fear.

Concrete evidence? you mean "the science" we keep hearing about, yet it continues to shift and change?
No.
Concrete evidence like - here is a link to a tweet or video or news story verifying that the person said what you just insisted they did not say.

that's about the level of childish argument expected from a right winger. Such a lame trolling effort
When you finish growing up you'll realise how dumb it is to say shit like "my side has all the facts and your side dont!!1!"

You're gonna be a hoot when you graduate whatever state college you're at 😉

No.
Concrete evidence like - here is a link to a tweet or video or news story verifying that the person said what you just insisted they did not say.
Yes .. please share that link? and how would the content of that link align with what's being socialized today?

More nonsense. the reactionary left is all about fear.

Your fellow righties spend most of their free time worrying about what adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms. And trying to control who consenting adults marry.

Are you being ironic today?

Yes .. please share that link? and how would the content of that link align with what's being socialized today?
LOL. This is really funny.

Your fellow righties spend most of their free time worrying about what adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms. And trying to control who consenting adults marry.

Are you being ironic today?
some righties do that-the religious right. I have nothing to do with that and don't support it. And plenty of righties don't support such idiocy. And plenty of those who vote for your beloved Democrats are often intolerant of homosexuals

I disagree somewhat. Remember the constant press briefings during COVID? The media got obsessed with every lie he told thinking breaking everything down and debunking every lie was going to make a dent. Thats the whole point of the gish gallop, to overwhelm with lies.

Liberals need to learn how to control the narrative. Whack a mole debunking allows the right to control the narrative.

While your train of thought is somewhat interesting, it also smacks of lots of naïveté, given that a way too large segment of the American public is hypnotized by and dedicated to the onslaught of misinformation and outright lies from the very widespread right wing news sources, every day, all day long, and as such are simply parrots that cannot and will not engage in honest, serious discussion, as verified so often in this very forum.
If you have a PRACTICAL solution to this problem that includes a way to deflect the right wing zombies from their FOX-induced hypnosis, we would be glad to entertain it.

If you must know, that is the very exchange that prompted this thread.

some righties do that-the religious right. I have nothing to do with that and don't support it. And plenty of righties don't support such idiocy. And plenty of those who vote for your beloved Democrats are often intolerant of homosexuals

My "beloved" Democrats? You mean the party I only voted for once in my 40 years of voting - and only for Joe Biden?

Maybe you or @Hypothetical can tell me about how they are my "beloved".

Back
Top Bottom