• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The willful ignorance of right-winger Republicans

It will always come down to money. The solution would have been a total media blackout of *Rump but that would never happen. As long as one outlet covered him, all the rest were compelled to follow suit. Imagine what would have happened had Fox been the only outlet covering him.

You are on to the open secret of the right-wing media, one has the right wing “base” don’t understand. The right wing media knows that if they flog a story enough, it matters not whether it is filled with lies, that way too many Americans will believe it anywayand the mainstream media will then ne forced to cover it. By that time, the bias and spin and lies will be totally accepted by the mass of right wingers, and no matter how much truth is thrown at them, they will absolutely resist,
The dirty and sad little secret is that it is the RIGHT WING media that controls a huge portion of the narrative in this country, way too often with absolute lies contained therein,

It will always come down to money. The solution would have been a total media blackout of *Rump but that would never happen. As long as one outlet covered him, all the rest were compelled to follow suit. Imagine what would have happened had Fox been the only outlet covering him.
It was so weird getting flack from even some far lefties for this simple suggestion. What would have happened though would have been responsible coverage of medical professionals and their stories too.

You are on to the open secret of the right-wing media, one has the right wing “base” don’t understand. The right wing media knows that if they flog a story enough, it matters not whether it is filled with lies, that way too many Americans will believe it anywayand the mainstream media will then ne forced to cover it. By that time, the bias and spin and lies will be totally accepted by the mass of right wingers, and no matter how much truth is thrown at them, they will absolutely resist,
The dirty and sad little secret is that it is the RIGHT WING media that controls a huge portion of the narrative in this country, way too often with absolute lies contained therein,
Faux news came up with the concept of bullying the referee and other outlets fall for it all the time. They pick up some obscure story and spin it then complain “why arent other outlets covering this?!” expecting other outlets to trip over themselves to cover it. Its how they insert a narrative into the mainstream.

Dems will probably have to start talking about liberty as in how programs can actually enhance the people’s ability to live freely as well.

That, and a 101 other matters. They've left too much unattended it's next to impossible to address and communicate it all, effectively, in time. All along, the Rep/cons have been driving their message like John Henry.

What exactly has the right done for years, really. The only thing I can think of is the tax cut for the wealthy. Even the last election they had no platform, just Trump. The only other thing they are doing is voter suppression, which violates any kind of democracy. While tHe Dems have saved us from two recessions by Obama and Biden. They have pushed through a health program that has given millions health care insurance and is now a very popular program. They have plans for the future that the GOP are blocking. Biden has lead and united the world in punishing Putin and the Russians for their invasion of Ukraine. The GOP at the same time is backing a dictator's actions in invading Ukraine. Is that enough or should I go on?

The Rep/cons have done nothing for anybody except the rich and large corps, but successfully fooling others by giving them what they want to hear that is more cultural argument than is in their own financial best interest. Voter suppression goes to the cultural appeal for diminishing the rights of minorities. The Trump/Rep/con tax plan was not in the best financial interest of those not rich or a large corp. The Rep/cons won both. The Dems did not successfully message the truth of the two to the public. They have the right policies that serve the most of the public. They fail to sell that. They fail to sell that, historically, Dems do the best for the most that aren’t millionaires and large corps. If it’s so obvious to you of what you say, why are the Rep/cons winning the narrative? If the Dems were as vociferous and visceral as are the Rep/cons in communicating to the public, besides being just plain right, the Dems should be kicking ass. Instead, the nicey-nicey Dems are kicking their own ass. It doesn’t matter that what you say is right. It matters that the Dems aren’t saying so that connects with the public. Poor messaging. The Rep/cons jump on everything and anything that is of the Dems. The Dems don’t respond in kind and thus are kept on their back heel w/o any offense messaged. The willful ignorance or RW Reps is working.

BTW, Biden is doing fairly well messaging. The Dem party doesn't follow the lead by repeating and driving that message home to the public.

“Attitudes are more important than facts”

George MacDonalds quote gets proven correct on a daily basis…

“Attitudes are more important than facts”

George MacDonalds quote gets proven correct on a daily basis…

The Rep/cons have 'tude. The Dems have facts. Guess who's winning?

How many times a day do you see the right-winger Republicans using willful ignorance as a discussion tactic, either claiming that they don’t know a particular easily-verifiable fact, or refusing to actually research it on their own in order to learn about it? It’s such an obvious and juvenile tactic, and yet they hide behind it constantly.

Here is a definition: “The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguements because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs.

This practice is most commonly found in the political or religious ideologies of "conservative" Americans.

Many times it is practiced due to laziness--people not wanting to have to do the work to rethink their opinions, the fear of the unknown, the fear of being wrong, or sometimes simply close-mindedness.”

And so true.
It’s by design.

When the propagandists were perfecting their trade they looked at lots of examples of people fooling people. Stage magicians for their manipulation of attention. Hot leaders for devotion.

And con men. That’s where they got this one. Human beings hate to admit to themselves they have been fooled. It causes an existential threat to the ego. Because if they got fooled this time, will it happen again? How did they not know? Who else is lying to them, etc. this is why con men can hit the same mark more than once. Those marks would rather believe the new lie with more money than admit to themselves that they’ve been had.

We really need to regulate the manipulation industries or spend whatever it takes to defang them with tools and education.

Well, if it happens every day, several times a day, care to show a few examples from yesterday of "right-winger Republicans using willful ignorance as a discussion tactic"
The next time I see my favorite, cognitive dyslexia, I’ll let you know.

It’s where a poster claims a post is gibberish of some form, but the post is just fine grammatically and factually. Makes perfect sense to the average reader not part of the enthralled.

Happens all the time now.

The Rep/cons have 'tude. The Dems have facts. Guess who's winning?

Depends on how one defines “winning”

Currently the Democrats have the WH and Congress. Let’s revisit after the midterms.

The GOP has the majority of the state legislatures and a majority on the SC.

Yet they know they can only survive with lies and chaos. Their attempted erasure of proven fact, like video of things actually happening, is priceless in giving themselves away. That should tell you everything you need to know about them.

What I know about them is that their "lies and chaos"..."erasure of proven fact" et al, that is "giving themselves away" is working in their favor. IMO, not enough lib/prog admit that truth. Certainly not the Dem politicians whose response is practically nil and certainly ineffective. Being strong and wrong wins against weak and right. On this forum, I read posting refuting RW unsupported claims and allegations while the RW posters just continue repeating their falsehoods and claims not supported by evidence of fact. At least, though, there is debate. I don't hardly hear Dems simply debating the Rep/cons attacks on democracy and the truth.

It’s by design.

When the propagandists were perfecting their trade they looked at lots of examples of people fooling people. Stage magicians for their manipulation of attention. Hot leaders for devotion.

And con men. That’s where they got this one. Human beings hate to admit to themselves they have been fooled. It causes an existential threat to the ego. Because if they got fooled this time, will it happen again? How did they not know? Who else is lying to them, etc. this is why con men can hit the same mark more than once. Those marks would rather believe the new lie with more money than admit to themselves that they’ve been had.

We really need to regulate the manipulation industries or spend whatever it takes to defang them with tools and education.

There's that ego thing again.

Depends on how one defines “winning”

Currently the Democrats have the WH and Congress. Let’s revisit after the midterms.

The GOP has the majority of the state legislatures and a majority on the SC.

Conservatives control the Senate. Their MO is obstructionist against democracy. It's easier to stop stuff than progress. What the Dems have done to get relief to people during the pandemic $ infusion only keeps those heads above water. The Trump/Rep/con tax plan have the rich and large corps walking on water. Do you see democracy winning? More legislation has been passed that inhibits democracy than protects or advances democracy. Revisit my ***. It's happening now and has been for yrs.

Conservatives control the Senate. Their MO is obstructionist against democracy. It's easier to stop stuff than progress. What the Dems have done to get relief to people during the pandemic $ infusion only keeps those heads above water. The Trump/Rep/con tax plan have the rich and large corps walking on water. Do you see democracy winning? More legislation has been passed that inhibits democracy than protects or advances democracy. Revisit my ***. It's happening now and has been for yrs.

No argument from me.

What is the disagreement here?

What I know about them is that their "lies and chaos"..."erasure of proven fact" et al, that is "giving themselves away" is working in their favor. IMO, not enough lib/prog admit that truth. Certainly not the Dem politicians whose response is practically nil and certainly ineffective. Being strong and wrong wins against weak and right. On this forum, I read posting refuting RW unsupported claims and allegations while the RW posters just continue repeating their falsehoods and claims not supported by evidence of fact. At least, though, there is debate. I don't hardly hear Dems simply debating the Rep/cons attacks on democracy and the truth.
Wrong is wrong and right is right, at least it still is in my world. You seem to favor chaos then? You want the nation to be run that way? Fortunately, truth still matters in our courts, which is very bad news for the lying traitors on the right who are trying to dispose of troublesome laws that impede their lies.

Wrong is wrong and right is right, at least it still is in my world. You seem to favor chaos then? You want the nation to be run that way? Fortunately, truth still matters in our courts, which is very bad news for the lying traitors on the right who are trying to dispose of troublesome laws that impede their lies.

No. I’m saying chaos, confusion, obstruction and lying works for the Rep/cons and one big reason is the Dems aren’t defending democracy to the extent they should be, let alone progressing democracy or be on the attack against the Reps. Just because you and others, incl me, believe right is right and wrong is wrong, doesn’t mean those who believe otherwise aren’t succeeding in their attack on democracy and the weakness of the Dems defending or progressing democracy. Or, quote what I said that you believe incorrect/false and why.

BTW, since Reagan, at least, the Rep party has held a belief in chaos in their attack on govt, which has devolved into an attack on democracy.

No argument from me.

What is the disagreement here?

"Currently the Democrats have the WH and Congress."

It isn't so much that the Dems have control of Congress, as if the libs do, it's that the cons, with Dems Manchin and Sinema, have control of the Senate, who have the final say on everything and the only say on approval of fed judges.

Back
Top Bottom