• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The USA One Of The Most Educated Countries

I don't reject education. I reject Marxist-indoctrinated education.

Where do you find Marxist-indoctrinated education?

The US consistently ranks low in test scores and in quality of life when compared to countries that ban firearms. Does this contradict your op? Or is it possible that something other than gun culture is at play here?

What countries? The USA has among the highest test scores, best universities, and best quality of life in the world.

Massachusetts made first place only because its got Harvard. You do realize that not everybody who goes to Harvard is from Massachusetts, in fact most people who go to Harvard aren't from there, people who go to Harvard are from all over the country.

Where do you find Marxist-indoctrinated education?

Pretty much any college or university across America, or pretty much any publicly funded school across America...

Massachusetts made first place only because its got Harvard. You do realize that not everybody who goes to Harvard is from Massachusetts, in fact most people who go to Harvard aren't from there, people who go to Harvard are from all over the country.

Well done for addressing one state. Have a cookie.

Pretty much any college or university across America, or pretty much any publicly funded school across America...

Wow. How has your country survived?

Wow. How has your country survived?

Private schooling... home schooling... knowing beforehand what one is getting into and not being indoctrinated by the Marxist "educators"

^^ This must be what unsubstantiated bull**** looks like.

Care to point out some specifics from that link that prove your points?

At the very start. They only count white people on education. This is always done in these Democratic racist educational studies. If you go down and look at the summary of education and remove the "white" qualifier, PEW is claiming Democrats won the Presidency with about 75% of the vote - claiming every educational group overwhelmingly voted Democratic. :lamo

These "education" level for voting is ALWAYS limited to white people. Nothing new about this.

I don't particularly trust that study. Besides, the girl who was kicked out of the home she shared for having guns was also a Donald Trump fan and obviously voted for Trump, she's a Harvard graduate.

Educated doesn't mean that you are smart.

true but generally highly educated people tend to be smart. uneducated people can be too-they just don't have the certification. but some of the smartest people I have encountered didn't have all that much formal education-be it due to circumstances-orphaned, racism, social upheaval etc.

true but generally highly educated people tend to be smart. uneducated people can be too-they just don't have the certification. but some of the smartest people I have encountered didn't have all that much formal education-be it due to circumstances-orphaned, racism, social upheaval etc.

I think the major difference between educated people an uneducated people is that educated people are driven. it takes a lot of follow through a lot of patience a lot of work to get an education. There are different types of smart as well. There are people I have met that could barely read but they could build a house out of bailing wire and ducktape. So it's hard to say who's smarter if you were to ask me. It's hard to say who's more driven, one thing I will say for sure is that highly educated people are definitely driven.

I think the major difference between educated people an uneducated people is that educated people are driven. it takes a lot of follow through a lot of patience a lot of work to get an education. There are different types of smart as well. There are people I have met that could barely read but they could build a house out of bailing wire and ducktape. So it's hard to say who's smarter if you were to ask me. It's hard to say who's more driven, one thing I will say for sure is that highly educated people are definitely driven.

when I was a boy, there was an old retired gentleman that would do odd jobs for my parents. He was a black man who was born in the in the late 19th century-maybe 1890 or so./ He came from the deep south, the son of sharecroppers whose parents had been slaves. The schooling he got was minimal but fortunately, a local baptist preacher helped him to learn to read and write. He enlisted in the army-and they taught him a skill-truck mechanic. After the war, he moved to Cincinnati and started working for the machine tool company that one of my grandfathers was the chief designer for. Now this old gentleman was a mechanical genius. My grandfather, who held dozens of patents, called him "one of the smartest men he ever met" and when "William" died at age 99, all three of his sons had doctorates. If he had been born white-in the north-he probably would have set the curve at MIT. He was one of the smartest men I ever knew. He proved to me that some brilliant people have almost no formal education

when I was a boy, there was an old retired gentleman that would do odd jobs for my parents. He was a black man who was born in the in the late 19th century-maybe 1890 or so./ He came from the deep south, the son of sharecroppers whose parents had been slaves. The schooling he got was minimal but fortunately, a local baptist preacher helped him to learn to read and write. He enlisted in the army-and they taught him a skill-truck mechanic. After the war, he moved to Cincinnati and started working for the machine tool company that one of my grandfathers was the chief designer for. Now this old gentleman was a mechanical genius. My grandfather, who held dozens of patents, called him "one of the smartest men he ever met" and when "William" died at age 99, all three of his sons had doctorates. If he had been born white-in the north-he probably would have set the curve at MIT. He was one of the smartest men I ever knew. He proved to me that some brilliant people have almost no formal education

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Some people can be very intelligent and have very little education.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Some people can be very intelligent and have very little education.

in this man's case, it wasn't from a lack of ambition. When a guy who never even had the chance to graduate high school is able to discuss how to better improve a machine tool with men who had degrees in mechanical engineering, you know you are dealing with some real intellectual talent.

in this man's case, it wasn't from a lack of ambition. When a guy who never even had the chance to graduate high school is able to discuss how to better improve a machine tool with men who had degrees in mechanical engineering, you know you are dealing with some real intellectual talent.

Absolutely. I've met far too many people that were very smart that never had any formal education to think that only educated people are smart. I've met people that had difficulty reading simple things and we're extremely brilliant.

So I think you and I agree smart doesn't come from school. I think it comes from ambition. It's true that a lot of smart people go to school but it isn't the only way.

Even though I have a masters I kind of get a little annoyed when people act as if that's the only way in which you can be intelligent.

True. There are many "educated fools" out there. But to get into Harvard, and to graduate from it, you've got to be smart. And a smart and well educated person isn't going to be against gun rights.

It's hard to say who's more driven, one thing I will say for sure is that highly educated people are definitely driven.

And its driven people, including driven highly educated people, that tend to be independent and want to be able to take care of themselves. Its those same people who also strongly believe in gun rights because it goes hand and hand. They don't want the government breathing down their necks which is what the gun control crowd wants.

At the very start. They only count white people on education. This is always done in these Democratic racist educational studies. If you go down and look at the summary of education and remove the "white" qualifier, PEW is claiming Democrats won the Presidency with about 75% of the vote - claiming every educational group overwhelmingly voted Democratic. :lamo

These "education" level for voting is ALWAYS limited to white people. Nothing new about this.

Still see zero evidence of your assertion in the linked summary. Care to point it out?

True. There are many "educated fools" out there. But to get into Harvard, and to graduate from it, you've got to be smart. And a smart and well educated person isn't going to be against gun rights.

Schumer has a Harvard Law Degree. he's a prick but he's very smart. He'a hard core gun banner because he is a machiavellian schemer. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor all were in the top 5% of their Yale or Harvard law school classes and all are against gun rights.

What countries? The USA has among the highest test scores, best universities, and best quality of life in the world.

Among? I suppose. Here are the countries with a higher quality of life than the US:
Canada, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Switzerland, Finland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, UK, Japan, Ireland, and France.

Here are the countries with higher test scores:
Singapore, Japan, Estonia, Taiwan, Finland, Macao, Canada, Vietnam, Hong Kong, South Korea, Slovenia, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Ireland, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, France, Portugal, Czech Republic, Italy, Iceland, Spain, Latvia, Malta, Lithuania, and Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom