• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The USA One Of The Most Educated Countries

But he went to those schools.

Got an education there.

QED: Bill Clinton is not uneducated.

Even the second worst president in US history - George W Bush - had a decent education (though sometimes it was hard to know it).

Like I said, Bill cheated. He got into the schools no doubt by bribing his way in or using some other underhanded method and that's how he got through them and graduated from them. George W Bush had an honest education at both Yale and Harvard so to say he had a decent education would be a big understatement, he had an excellent education.

GWB was not the second worst president in history. While Bill Clinton is the worst president in history its hard to say who the second worst is but Hoover comes to mind. Now as for the best president in modern history that's easy, Donald Trump. But that's only if we're talking about modern history. If you want to talk about the entire history of presidents in the USA I would say Trump is neck in neck with Abraham Lincoln for the best.

Do you actually know what "educated" means ?

This web site has the US at 23rd in literacy levels. The USA is getting less and less educated - yes it still has great colleges and universities (for the highly talented and very rich) but overall the USA is lagging behind:

https://www.mla.org/content/download/52219/1812312/Infographic-Language-and-Literacy-3.pdf
Well I will have to say you're right, at least to some extent. As I said in my earlier post, in this day and age there's lots of people who don't like guns. Lots of millennials don't like guns. I do know the millennial generation has come under harsh criticism from many angles and I partially agree, they're too reliant on stuff such as smart phones, smart watches, smart this, smart that, you name it, when the real smarts you should be relying on is your own. What ever happened to smart brains? When you're a smart person you don't always need a smart this or a smart that. When you're smart yourself you don't need smart devices to be smart for you. So yes, I do have to partially agree with you about the USA getting less educated, particularly when they depend on devices to be "smart" for them instead of being smart themselves. And you see it in the gun control crowd. All those people who don't like guns and all those people who want more gun control, you're not going to find educated people in that crowd. So you're right about the USA being less educated, or at least a good portion of it, after all when you look at the gun control crowd you will see its quite a sizable crowd.

Like I said, Bill cheated...

How and where and when ?

And even if he did, how does that make him "uneducated" ?

...he got into the schools no doubt by bribing his way in or using some other underhanded method...

Even if that were true, so what ???

I got an education...whereas people with the same intellect as me in places like say Somalia, did not.

That still makes me better educated than they are.

...George W Bush had an honest education at both Yale and Harvard so to say he had a decent education would be a big understatement, he had an excellent education...

You don't think his family's wealth had anything to do with the standard of education he got ?

...GWB was not the second worst president in history. While Bill Clinton is the worst president in history its hard to say who the second worst is but Hoover comes to mind. Now as for the best president in modern history that's easy, Donald Trump. But that's only if we're talking about modern history. If you want to talk about the entire history of presidents in the USA I would say Trump is neck in neck with Abraham Lincoln for the best.

The worst ever president in US history is obviously Donald Trump

George W Bush was easily the second worst

Nixon the third worst

Eisenhower the 4th worst.

Best US presidents:

1. FDR
2. JFK
3. Bill Clinton
4. Obama

The USA has among the most educated people and the USA also has, of course, among the strongest gun culture. They go hand in hand. Its the uneducated people who want more gun control and its the uneducated people who don't like guns.

So Ronald Wilson Reagan was uneducated.

How and where and when ?

And even if he did, how does that make him "uneducated" ?
He's uneducated simply by the political positions he takes.

Even if that were true, so what ???

I got an education...whereas people with the same intellect as me in places like say Somalia, did not.

That still makes me better educated than they are.
By educated, what I mean by that is that at least you've gone to college. I not only went to college I finished it and got a degree. For me to consider somebody educated I would expect them to at least start college.

You don't think his family's wealth had anything to do with the standard of education he got ?

That would be Bill Clinton.

The worst ever president in US history is obviously Donald Trump
Only if you're one of those sore loser Hillary fans. And they call themselves Americans, they're such a disgrace.

George W Bush was easily the second worst

Nixon the third worst

Eisenhower the 4th worst.
You're right about Nixon, it wasn't a terrific president and I would say between him and Carter they would tie for second worse with Bill Clinton being the worst. Eisenhower was an excellent president.

Best US presidents:

1. FDR
2. JFK
3. Bill Clinton
4. Obama
The only one you're right about on that list is JFK, he is one of the better presidents. For some reason you're confusing Bill Clinton with Donald Trump when you call Trump the worst president. FDR and Obama were both decent presidents although FDR made some mistakes but that is a topic for another discussion.

So Ronald Wilson Reagan was uneducated.

Well he did graduate college with a C average so he wasn't super educated but he had some education. RWR was for gun rights.

But he went to those schools.

Got an education there.

QED: Bill Clinton is not uneducated.

Even the second worst president in US history - George W Bush - had a decent education (though sometimes it was hard to know it).

that is an extremely uneducated assertion-downright stupid for sure.

Like I said, Bill cheated. He got into the schools no doubt by bribing his way in or using some other underhanded method and that's how he got through them and graduated from them.
Uninformed and biased BS.

GWB was not the second worst president in history. While Bill Clinton is the worst president in history its hard to say who the second worst is but Hoover comes to mind. Now as for the best president in modern history that's easy, Donald Trump. But that's only if we're talking about modern history. If you want to talk about the entire history of presidents in the USA I would say Trump is neck in neck with Abraham Lincoln for the best.
Trump neck and neck with Lincoln?!? So so wrong and a disgraceful comparison.

Like I said, Bill cheated. He got into the schools no doubt by bribing his way in or using some other underhanded method and that's how he got through them and graduated from them. George W Bush had an honest education at both Yale and Harvard so to say he had a decent education would be a big understatement, he had an excellent education.

this is silly. Until a guy a few years behind me in college came along-Clinton apparently had the highest SAT scores in Arkansas history ( I found this interesting because places like Ohio and of course NY has had numerous 1600 SAT scores). That alone would get him into a solid college like Georgetown. And while the Rhodes is very political, and he had some heavy duty political pull operating on his account, its hard to see how he cheated to get a Rhodes. he had senator Fulbright pushing for him, he had top grades at G'Town and the athletic "requirement" pretty well went out the window in the 60s.

He also is nowhere near the worst president. I'd rate him average or slightly above average. he had the benefit of the dotcom bubble to shore up growth and he didn't manage to get us into any stupid wars. He is far better than Carter, Harding, Andrew Johnson, and many others

Well he did graduate college with a C average so he wasn't super educated but he had some education. RWR was for gun rights.

Uhh, he signed the Mulford Act and endorsed the Bray Bill; so limited gun rights, just like Scalia. I guess he was uneducated too.

Uhh, he signed the Mulford Act and endorsed the Bray Bill; so limited gun rights, just like Scalia. I guess he was uneducated too.

scalia's DICTA was to get Kennedy on board who was concerned that an originalist take on the Commerce Clause would get rid of the 18 USC 922 "prohibited persons" restriction on owning firearms. Reagan didn't support the Bray act -nor the Brady Bill-while in office.

scalia's DICTA was to get Kennedy on board who was concerned that an originalist take on the Commerce Clause would get rid of the 18 USC 922 "prohibited persons" restriction on owning firearms. Reagan didn't support the Bray act -nor the Brady Bill-while in office.

It didn't come out while he was in office, so you're just going to have to change your rhetoric on people that are for reasonable gun control.

Secondly, Scalia said the second was not an unlimited right.

You're just going to have to face facts and change your hate rhetoric. And Claxx19 says shotguns use a different load, so your sig just looks silly.

It didn't come out while he was in office, so you're just going to have to change your rhetoric on people that are for reasonable gun control.

Secondly, Scalia said the second was not an unlimited right.

You're just going to have to face facts and change your hate rhetoric. And Claxx19 says shotguns use a different load, so your sig just looks silly.

yeah, my signature looks silly because saying a rifle is a shotgun is just plain stupid. and of course the Second isn't an unlimited "right" because until McDonald it didnt' apply to state governments (Duh) What Clax didn't say was that a rifle is a shotgun.

your concept of "Reasonable" gun control is preventing everyone else from Owning or carrying guns that you cannot.

this is silly. Until a guy a few years behind me in college came along-Clinton apparently had the highest SAT scores in Arkansas history ( I found this interesting because places like Ohio and of course NY has had numerous 1600 SAT scores). That alone would get him into a solid college like Georgetown. And while the Rhodes is very political, and he had some heavy duty political pull operating on his account, its hard to see how he cheated to get a Rhodes. he had senator Fulbright pushing for him, he had top grades at G'Town and the athletic "requirement" pretty well went out the window in the 60s.

He also is nowhere near the worst president. I'd rate him average or slightly above average. he had the benefit of the dotcom bubble to shore up growth and he didn't manage to get us into any stupid wars. He is far better than Carter, Harding, Andrew Johnson, and many others
If Bill Clinton was well educated that would be unusual considering how he was so much against guns. Clinton did more to hurt gun rights than any other president I can think of.

If Bill Clinton was well educated that would be unusual considering how he was so much against guns. Clinton did more to hurt gun rights than any other president I can think of.

that assumes that anti gun people are uneducated -I never bought into that. some very highly educated people are control freaks seeking more and more power. They want to ban guns to centralize power

The Bray Bill? What's that? As for the Mulford Act that's only in the state of California its not nationwide and he signed no such bill while he was POTUS. Scalia was not against gun rights. Scalia played a roll in striking down the D.C. handgun ban. And even if Reagan was against some gun rights at least he wasn't like some of the people on this thread who want Japanese style gun control.

So the USA is 6th on that list and the only one that can be described as having a gun culture I guess you just proved the OP failed to make his point

Nope Canada is first on the list, and although the USA does have a bigger gun culture than them, Canada does have a gun culture, and a big one too.

Educated people tend to be way too busy with their work and personal lives than to be obsessing about guns morning, noon, and night, and spending the majority of their life paranoid about things which may require guns, like fantasies of how they’re going to defend their homes against a criminal break-in, or fight a far-fetched hypothetical tyrannical government like brave patriotic 18th century minutemen. It’s mostly idle people, which tend to be less educated as well, for whom guns becomes such a central issue and what gives such a central sense of identity and meaning to their life.
Well IF anything happens don't run to us " less educated " people for any help. Query: You and your side say we have all these fantasies about what could happen,but what makes you so convinced it's impossible? Maybe your masters in big govt. tell you that? If so you are like a piece of clay...very malleable.

"...Clinton attended the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., receiving a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service degree in 1968...

...upon graduating from Georgetown in 1968, Clinton won a Rhodes Scholarship to University College, Oxford, where he initially read for a B.Phil. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics but transferred to a B.Litt. in politics and, ultimately, a B.Phil. in politics....
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton/QUOTE]

Because he cheated.
Back in the day they had to, since losers and second place didn't get blue ribbons. Good god think about it for a minute. In a few years you will be riding in planes
built by these kids.

He's uneducated simply by the political positions he takes.

By educated, what I mean by that is that at least you've gone to college. I not only went to college I finished it and got a degree. For me to consider somebody educated I would expect them to at least start college.

That would be Bill Clinton.

Only if you're one of those sore loser Hillary fans. And they call themselves Americans, they're such a disgrace.

You're right about Nixon, it wasn't a terrific president and I would say between him and Carter they would tie for second worse with Bill Clinton being the worst. Eisenhower was an excellent president.

The only one you're right about on that list is JFK, he is one of the better presidents. For some reason you're confusing Bill Clinton with Donald Trump when you call Trump the worst president. FDR and Obama were both decent presidents although FDR made some mistakes but that is a topic for another discussion.
FDR should have got the chair for Pearl Harbor but your right that's another discussion.

Uninformed and biased BS.

Trump neck and neck with Lincoln?!? So so wrong and a disgraceful comparison.
After what Lincoln did with the Emancipation Proclamation. First real piece of PR. A victory at Antietam put it in motion,it had been ready but Lincoln wanted a victory first. Slaves were still slaves in New York. All to whip up abolitionist and enlistments and look good on the world stage. Trumps way in front of Lincoln.

Nope Canada is first on the list, and although the USA does have a bigger gun culture than them, Canada does have a gun culture, and a big one too.

No Canada doesn't have a big gun culture at all. Though even if it did that would still give you 2 of the 10 and invalidate the OP.

After what Lincoln did with the Emancipation Proclamation. First real piece of PR. A victory at Antietam put it in motion,it had been ready but Lincoln wanted a victory first. Slaves were still slaves in New York. All to whip up abolitionist and enlistments and look good on the world stage. Trumps way in front of Lincoln.

Lincoln freed the slaves. Trump ripped ripped families apart and locked them up in cages. Two quite different things. History lauds Lincoln, and will scorn Trump.

* BTW, there were no slaves in New York for decades before the Emancipation Proclamation.

Lincoln freed the slaves. Trump ripped ripped families apart and locked them up in cages. Two quite different things. History lauds Lincoln, and will scorn Trump.

* BTW, there were no slaves in New York for decades before the Emancipation Proclamation.

" The Proclamation applied only to slaves in Confederate-held lands; it did not apply to those in the four slave states that were not in rebellion (Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor to Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia. Also specifically excluded (by name) were some regions already controlled by the Union army. Emancipation in those places would come after separate state actions or the December 1865 ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, which made slavery and indentured servitude, except for those duly convicted of a crime, illegal everywhere subject to United States jurisdiction."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation

Like the man said, purely PR. Men with rifles and cannon freed the slaves.

Back
Top Bottom