• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The USA One Of The Most Educated Countries

The Bray Bill? What's that? As for the Mulford Act that's only in the state of California its not nationwide and he signed no such bill while he was POTUS. Scalia was not against gun rights. Scalia played a roll in striking down the D.C. handgun ban. And even if Reagan was against some gun rights at least he wasn't like some of the people on this thread who want Japanese style gun control.

Who wants Japanese style gun control? You'll have to change your rhetoric since Reagan was a banneroid.

yeah, my signature looks silly because saying a rifle is a shotgun is just plain stupid. and of course the Second isn't an unlimited "right" because until McDonald it didnt' apply to state governments (Duh) What Clax didn't say was that a rifle is a shotgun.

your concept of "Reasonable" gun control is preventing everyone else from Owning or carrying guns that you cannot.

Well, the truth is now out there and you admit that AR15s can be banned and Claxx19 agrees with me, so you sig looks silly.

Job done.

:2wave:

Like the man said, purely PR. Men with rifles and cannon freed the slaves.
Pure BS. Show me any federal government document that details exclusions to the Emancipation Proclamation.

This is what the civil war was about:
“the eradication of slavery an explicit war goal, in addition to the goal of reuniting the Union.”

Pure BS. Show me any federal government document that details exclusions to the Emancipation Proclamation.

This is what the civil war was about:
“the eradication of slavery an explicit war goal, in addition to the goal of reuniting the Union.”

When Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, were the slaves in the Confederate-held states freed?

If Bill Clinton was well educated that would be unusual considering how he was so much against guns. Clinton did more to hurt gun rights than any other president I can think of.

You are assuming your conclusion in your premise. Bill Clinton is uneducated because he is against the second amendment, and anyone against the second amendment is uneducated. This is circular reasoning.

When Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, were the slaves in the Confederate-held states freed?
Sure, and then the former slaves and their masters went to Chili’s and celebrated.

Of course the slaves weren’t freed. It’s what precipitated the Civil War. Duh.

Sure, and then the former slaves and their masters went to Chili’s and celebrated.

Of course the slaves weren’t freed. It’s what precipitated the Civil War. Duh.

My point is that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't anything but PR; it still took the Union Army to free them. Did it free any slaves in the states occupied by Union forces? Did it free any slaves in slave states not in rebellion?

My point is that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't anything but PR; it still took the Union Army to free them. Did it free any slaves in the states occupied by Union forces? Did it free any slaves in slave states not in rebellion?
So, you’re saying that bad PR led to the Chvil War?? Absurd. And yes to both of your questions. The Civil War led to the freeing of all slaves.

The USA has among the most educated people and the USA also has, of course, among the strongest gun culture. They go hand in hand. Its the uneducated people who want more gun control and its the uneducated people who don't like guns.

7mPF.gif

So, you’re saying that bad PR led to the Chvil War?? Absurd. And yes to both of your questions. The Civil War led to the freeing of all slaves.

The Emancipation Proclamation was issued during the Civil War. Back to post 100

" The Proclamation applied only to slaves in Confederate-held lands; it did not apply to those in the four slave states that were not in rebellion (Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor to Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia. Also specifically excluded (by name) were some regions already controlled by the Union army. Emancipation in those places would come after separate state actions or the December 1865 ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, which made slavery and indentured servitude, except for those duly convicted of a crime, illegal everywhere subject to United States jurisdiction."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eman...n_Proclamation

Americans with less education also are more likely to be gun owners.
-- Key takeaways on Americans’ views of guns and gun ownership

See also:

There are some people who own guns who are not well educated. You will find gun owners in all walks of life, both educated and uneducated. But the point is that people who are against gun rights, people who don't like guns and want much stricter gun control only consist of uneducated people, you won't find educated people in that crowd.

" The Proclamation applied only to slaves in Confederate-held lands; it did not apply to those in the four slave states that were not in rebellion (Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor to Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia. Also specifically excluded (by name) were some regions already controlled by the Union army. Emancipation in those places would come after separate state actions or the December 1865 ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, which made slavery and indentured servitude, except for those duly convicted of a crime, illegal everywhere subject to United States jurisdiction."

Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, which was an EO. It was his intent from the beginning to end slavery. In 1865, after the south had surrendered, the 13th Amendment was enacted to make law what Lincoln had started with the Emancipation Proclamation.

Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, which was an EO. It was his intent from the beginning to end slavery. In 1865, after the south had surrendered, the 13th Amendment was enacted to make law what Lincoln had started with the Emancipation Proclamation.

The Emancipation Proclamation was never intended as a PR stunt.

The Emancipation Proclamation was never intended as a PR stunt.

Why didn't the Proclamation include Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia?

that is an extremely uneducated assertion-downright stupid for sure.

No seriously, his family paid for an education that you'd have to say was quite good.

He's still the second worst president of the USA though.

He's uneducated simply by the political positions he takes....

Like I said, you don't understand the meaning of the words "Education" and "Educated".

George W Bush was completely incompetent as a head of state, but he was well educated.

...by educated, what I mean by that is that at least you've gone to college. I not only went to college I finished it and got a degree. For me to consider somebody educated I would expect them to at least start college....

OK, then you're educated

And so is Bill Clinton.

...that would be Bill Clinton....

Huh ?

Bill Clinton came from a wealthy family ?
His father was a salesman who died before Bill Clinton was born.

...only if you're one of those sore loser Hillary fans. And they call themselves Americans, they're such a disgrace....

Trump is the worst president ever ... and will probably be the worst president of all time.
Only Russians and Saudis have cause to think he's any good.

...you're right about Nixon, it wasn't a terrific president and I would say between him and Carter they would tie for second worse with Bill Clinton being the worst. Eisenhower was an excellent president....

Nixon did a couple of good things, he got the USA out of Vietnam and thawed relations with China. But he was a crook.

Carter had a tough time because of the economy he was handed. Of all the ex-presidents ever, he has done the most work and the most good.

Eisenhower did nothing as president - he played a lot of golf but a wax dummy would have been as effective.

...the only one you're right about on that list is JFK, he is one of the better presidents. For some reason you're confusing Bill Clinton with Donald Trump when you call Trump the worst president. FDR and Obama were both decent presidents although FDR made some mistakes but that is a topic for another discussion.

JFK played the Cuban Missile Crisis just right - a very dangerous time for the world.
Clinton saw an economic recovery and dealt with his foreign policy issues without having to go to war. If only he could have served a third term...the Iraq war would never have happened.

Trump is the worst ever president and I don't think they'll ever be one even close to him.
His administration is a shambles and he's looking increasingly shady.
He's in love with his self image...he loves playing up to the camera.
His own aids deride him.
His new White House chief of staff calls him "a terrible human being".

No seriously, his family paid for an education that you'd have to say was quite good.

He's still the second worst president of the USA though.

your understand of History seems to be as bad as your understanding of gun issues.

your understand of History seems to be as bad as your understanding of gun issues.

No, it is your understanding of history that's bad.

I think the 22nd amendment should only apply to Republican presidents. Had Bill Clinton served a third term, there would have been no Iraq War.

No multi-billion dollar invasion looking for weapons of mass destruction that weren't there.

Trump is the worst president ever ... and will probably be the worst president of all time.
Only Russians and Saudis have cause to think he's any good.
And over 60 million Americans who voted for him. And lots of Americans who were rooting for him who didn't vote.

JFK played the Cuban Missile Crisis just right - a very dangerous time for the world.
JFK also believed in gun rights.

Clinton saw an economic recovery and dealt with his foreign policy issues without having to go to war. If only he could have served a third term...the Iraq war would never have happened.
I do have to give Mr. Clinton credit in that he would've been better than Mrs. Clinton had she gotten in, thank God she didn't. Then again, she was pulling his strings during the 8 years he was in office.

Trump is the worst ever president and I don't think they'll ever be one even close to him.
You're only saying that because Hillary lost. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one among those crowds protesting and rioting after her loss.

His own aids deride him.
His new White House chief of staff calls him "a terrible human being".
If that's even true, which you would have to show me a source for me to believe it, maybe his aids and chief of staff are idiots.

Besides, Trump believes in gun rights and he's got the right idea when it comes to this country and guns.

Why didn't the Proclamation include Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, and Missouri, which were unnamed), nor Tennessee (unnamed but occupied by Union troops since 1862) and lower Louisiana (also under occupation), and specifically excluded those counties of Virginia soon to form the state of West Virginia?
1. Because, at the time, he didn’t have sufficient support to make his Proclamation into law.
2. Because strategically he was more concerned with crushing the resistance and holding the Union together.

Back
Top Bottom