• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The United States has caused the most global warming. When will China pass it?

We know this, and so............? :cautious:

We know this, and so............? :cautious:
So when you see stories about how China is going green, don't be fooled.

China already produces more CO2 than the US or EU combined. In 28 years they'll have produced more than anyone else in history.

China already produces more CO2 than the US or EU combined. In 28 years they'll have produced more than anyone else in history.
YES, we know that, and so..................?

You may know this, but you don't speak for everyone, despite the imperial "we".
I am asking a question. WE do know China will pass us as the biggest contributor to climate change. Maybe India too. WE get that. BUT what do you want us to do with that information? If only stating the obvious, WE could say thank you for that information. If you wanted to elicit a debate, what is it you want us to debate?

I am asking a question. WE do know China will pass us as the biggest contributor to climate change. Maybe India too. WE get that. BUT what do you want us to do with that information? If only stating the obvious, WE could say thank you for that information. If you wanted to elicit a debate, what is it you want us to debate?
Did I ask for a debate? I just stated a prediction that many do not in fact know about in the hope of educating them. Do with that whatever you like.

Very young children do not have the ability to understand other peoples' thoughts and knowledge. They think if they know something than everyone else knows it too. Apparently some never seem to gain that ability.

We were all aware of this, but thanks anyway buddy.

We were all aware of this, but thanks anyway buddy.
Ah. Another hive mind telepath who knows what is inside everyone else's brain.

You are welcome.

iu

Did I ask for a debate? I just stated a prediction that many do not in fact know about in the hope of educating them. Do with that whatever you like.

Very young children do not have the ability to understand other peoples' thoughts and knowledge. They think if they know something than everyone else knows it too. Apparently some never seem to gain that ability.
Stick to educating yourself.
Nobody believes you when you say that.

We win! Wait, shit, perhaps not.

Ah. Another hive mind telepath who knows what is inside everyone else's brain.

You are welcome.
Listen, you rushed here to share with us some news from 2007. Is it really so difficult to believe that you're not the first to let us know?

Listen, you rushed here to share with us some news from 2007. Is it really so difficult to believe that you're not the first to let us know?
2007? The link is from Mar 1, 5 days ago

This subforum is thick with repeated and duplicated predictions of imminent climate doom. Why does this one agitate people so?

2007? The link is from Mar 1, 5 days ago
China passed us in annual CO2 emissions in 2006. It's not news to us that China emits more CO2 than we do.

China passed us in annual CO2 emissions in 2006. It's not news to us that China emits more CO2 than we do.
Ah. I see the problem. You did not bother to read the link.

The story is not that China emits more than us each year.

It's that in 28 years China will have emitted MORE THAN THE US HAS EVER EMITTED!!! I'm taking about in the entire history of burning fossil fuels.

It's that in 28 years China will have emitted MORE THAN THE US HAS EVER EMITTED!!! I'm taking about in the entire history of burning fossil fuels.
...do you think they are saying China emits in 28 years what we have in all of history?

No, it's all of their historical CO2 will exceed all of our historical CO2 roughly 28 years from now.

The CO2 level is likely not as important as China's burning of coal in power plants with little scrubbing.
The Soot from coal could contribute more than the finite downward longwave radiation from CO2.
The satellite data shows behavior in the longwave spectrum that was not predicted to happen with added CO2.
The outgoing longwave radiation is increasing while CO2 is also increasing, the CO2 greenhouse gas formula says this should
never happen.

Ok, they will emit more than the US has ever emitted. And....................... so?

The CO2 level is likely not as important as China's burning of coal in power plants with little scrubbing.
That is likely, not true.
The Soot from coal could contribute more than the finite downward longwave radiation from CO2.
Could. Probably not.
The satellite data shows behavior in the longwave spectrum that was not predicted to happen with added CO2.
Definitely, not true. Everyone who actually understands how the Earth's energy budget works know that increasing global temperatures will eventually overcome the increasing GHG and outgoing LW will increase.
The outgoing longwave radiation is increasing while CO2 is also increasing, the CO2 greenhouse gas formula says this should

never happen.
It is not the increasing GHG that is increasing outgoing LW radiation. It is the increasing temps that are doing that.

And the really messed up thing about long repeating this lie is that the studies of outgoing longwave radiation he would provide to back himself up actually say what I'm saying.

Seriously people... don't believe anything longview says. He lies constantly.

That is likely, not true.

Could. Probably not.

Definitely, not true. Everyone who actually understands how the Earth's energy budget works know that increasing global temperatures will eventually overcome the increasing GHG and outgoing LW will increase.

It is not the increasing GHG that is increasing outgoing LW radiation. It is the increasing temps that are doing that.

And the really messed up thing about long repeating this lie is that the studies of outgoing longwave radiation he would provide to back himself up actually say what I'm saying.

Seriously people... don't believe anything longview says. He lies constantly.
Buzz the forcing will always be positive based on the formula everyone is using, and accounts for a warmer planet radiating more!

Buzz the forcing will always be positive based on the formula everyone is using, and accounts for a warmer planet radiating more!
Prove it. Show me where any legitimate study says this.

I have shown where the satellite studies say that the increasing outgoing LW is due to increasing temps.

Show me where anyone says that it can't like you keep falsely claiming.

Back
Top Bottom