• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The United States has caused the most global warming. When will China pass it?

Are you trying to say you don't know why you asked me why I started this thread? :giggle:

You must realize by now I'm playing with you.

"Trolling" is the word you are looking for, but yes, I knew that.
Yes, this is a discussion forum. DP is a forum for discussing political and issues of general interest. This particular thread is about the issue of China overtaking the US in total historical CO2 emissions in 27 years.

It's not an "Eman's purposes" discussion, and I am decidedly not the issue at hand here. No more than you are.

Stick to the thread issue and I'll discuss it all day long with you.
This thread has an issue beyond telling us something most informed people already know?

The article is well sourced and it's entirely possible that some of the author's citations are peer-reviewed. Or maybe not. Either way, go do your own digging.

I do try to be helpful, but It's not my mission to respond to inane demands for additional information. It seems more like a substitute for debate than actual debate.
We already have done our own digging. Which is why we know you are full of shit. You trot out this Marxist propagandist, that has absolutely no science background whatsoever, and pretend that what was posted was credible. Yet when called out on your complete bullshit, you complain that we should do our own digging because you are unable to support the bullshit you posted. Then have the audacity to claim that you were trying to be "helpful" when in fact you are intentionally spewing Marxist propaganda and misinformation.

"Trolling" is the word you are looking for, but yes, I knew that.
Potato potato. Trying to make this thread about me is also a form of trolling.
This thread has an issue beyond telling us something most informed people already know?
Most != All. Some may not have been aware of this, or the predicted year it will happen.

We already have done our own digging. Which is why we know you are full of shit. You trot out this Marxist propagandist, that has absolutely no science background whatsoever, and pretend that what was posted was credible. Yet when called out on your complete bullshit, you complain that we should do our own digging because you are unable to support the bullshit you posted. Then have the audacity to claim that you were trying to be "helpful" when in fact you are intentionally spewing Marxist propaganda and misinformation.
Nice rant!

But alas, China is absolutely going to overtake the EU and US in total historical CO2 emissions. They already produce more than both combined. It may not happen in 2039 and 2050 like the OP author predicts. But if you are lucky you will positively live to see it.

Those statistics are clearly wrong. China is growing from an industrial standpoint faster than we ever have when considering the advancement of their huge population.

Just look at now many coal plants they currently have operation. We never had as many as they do, and look at how many more are under construction.

China may have already surpassed us in CO2 emissions. I think they have.
Yes, China has already overtaken the US in annual emissions.

This is about when they will overtake the US in all time historical emissions. Since humanity started massively burning fossil fuels in the 19the century.

The OP author predicts that will happen in 2039 for the EU and 2050 for the US.

Last edited:
Take a guess?

"Despite the West’s enormous head start, China is projected to have emitted more total carbon dioxide than all of Europe by 2039 and more than the United States by 2050."

This is really the biggest issue of the world.

The real problem is greed. There is too much money to be made ruining the habitat slowly, and those purposely doing it figure they will be dead before the worst happens so screw it.

This is really the biggest issue of the world.

The real problem is greed. There is too much money to be made ruining the habitat slowly, and those purposely doing it figure they will be dead before the worst happens so screw it.
Actually the biggest issues facing Humanity are sustainable energy and fresh water.
Human caused climate change is not even close.

Actually the biggest issues facing Humanity are sustainable energy and fresh water.
Human caused climate change is not even close.
All tied together. And all pointing at one cause. Overpopulation. We wouldn't be having such dire issues if we could only learn to control our population levels.

Are we an intelligent species? Or are we no better than rats.... (Religion is the problem, there.)

Who in the world thinks what the world really needs is just more people? Not very well thought through...

All tied together. And all pointing at one cause. Overpopulation. We wouldn't be having such dire issues if we could only learn to control our population levels.

Are we an intelligent species? Or are we no better than rats.... (Religion is the problem, there.)

Who in the world thinks what the world really needs is just more people? Not very well thought through...
Again we do not have enough energy and fresh water for everyone currently alive to live a first would lifestyle
should they choose to. The size of the population is not as much an issue as how well they live.
The goal should be to find a way to allow everyone alive the option of a first world lifestyle.
This is attainable, but not through using fossil fuels, or simple conservation.

Yes, China has already overtaken the US in annual emissions.

This is about when they will overtake the US in all time historical emissions. Since humanity started massively burning fossil fuels in the 19the century.

The OP author predicts that will happen in 2039 for the EU and 2050 for the US.
I know what the point is. My claim is he is clearly underestimating China's growth.
And yeas, I get that he means total emission, but there is also percentage in the air, Most of what we have emitted has dissipated. China exceed annual emissions about a decade ago already compared to the USA. They might mow be responsible for more than us in the CO2 in the air today.

Again we do not have enough energy and fresh water for everyone currently alive to live a first would lifestyle
should they choose to. The size of the population is not as much an issue as how well they live.
The goal should be to find a way to allow everyone alive the option of a first world lifestyle.
This is attainable, but not through using fossil fuels, or simple conservation.
No problem. Everyone in the world cannot live a first world lifestyle because greed is glorified by power-monger conservatives and greed keeps the poor poor by oppression.

If we could simply get past the hang-up about nuclear power we could have all the energy we need to support everyone on the planet now. But that won't happen because, once again, greed. Greed will control energy and prevent it from being used widely enough to transform the human race from squalor.

Just look at one of the nastiest conservatives alive today, Vladimir Putin. Totally motivated by greed. Putin is overly destructive of advanced lifestyle. He lives in opulence while actively preventing others from doing so. He also takes it away from many who have it, if not their very life as well.

It is hard to imagine how anyone can support him. And yet many in the USA disgustingly do so. Mostly in the Republican party. Reason enough to distance oneself from that party which has sunk ever so low.

Now was that really so hard? I think this is probably the first thing you have actually backed up in hundreds, if not thousands of posts.
Yes, are you glad that I taught you about emissivity?

Ass long as you continue to demand I prove simple science to you, and do not tell us why I am allegedly wrong, you just look like a fool. I should have never had to do this for you. Your repeated claim you know more about the climate sciences is clearly in error.

I suggest you stop this stupid tactic. The more I actually show the world how ignorant you are to these science, the more foolish you look. Do you really want that?

Learn the science, and stop making claims you don't underside. And stop asking me to do your homework. You could have looked emissivity up yourself.

I know what the point is. My claim is he is clearly underestimating China's growth.
And yeas, I get that he means total emission, but there is also percentage in the air, Most of what we have emitted has dissipated. China exceed annual emissions about a decade ago already compared to the USA. They might mow be responsible for more than us in the CO2 in the air today.
Ah. I see. Good point. There's not a lot of CO2 left in the atmosphere from WWII, or even the 1970's. America's share is going down while China's is going up. And up some more after that.

Nice rant!

But alas, China is absolutely going to overtake the EU and US in total historical CO2 emissions. They already produce more than both combined. It may not happen in 2039 and 2050 like the OP author predicts. But if you are lucky you will positively live to see it.
China may already produce more CO2 than the US. Who cares? The planet could certainly use more CO2 in the atmosphere. However, all the CO2 that humanity produces world-wide still only amounts to 1.2% of the total CO2 in the atmosphere. When you have 3 trillion tons of CO2 already in the atmosphere, what is another 36 billion tons?

Contrary to the misinformed propaganda being spewed by the media, CO2 is not a pollutant. It is an essential molecule that life on this planet could not exist without. Current CO2 levels are ~417 ppmV. If CO2 levels ever drop below between 150 and 180 ppmV, then photosynthesis stops and all complex life on the planet dies. Is that your objective, to kill all life on the planet?

The formula already accounts for a warmer planet radiating more which is why the response is not linear.
As the Planet becomes a more efficient radiator, the linear effects of CO2 decrease.
Yes... the planet becomes a more efficient radiator because the temperature is increasing and it emits more LW radiation. Now... whether or not this is the entire reason that CO2 has a decreasing effect, I don't know. You certainly have never backed this claim up with any published science that I can remember.

Yes, are you glad that I taught you about emissivity?
Yes, I am. You actually backed up something you claimed and I didn't have to go and do the research myself like I almost always have to do with the unsupported claims you make.
Ass long as you continue to demand I prove simple science to you,
Oh please... this is not simple science.
and do not tell us why I am allegedly wrong, you just look like a fool.
I am constantly telling you why you are wrong. And I prove it quite frequently. That's why I can and do provide numerous examples. You are the one making yourself look foolish when you constantly claim I don't.
I should have never had to do this for you.
This is a debate forum where you are expected to back up what you claim. If you think that you should never have to back up what you claim then maybe you should start a blog where you can claim whatever you want without ever having to back it up.
Your repeated claim you know more about the climate sciences is clearly in error.
I have shown on numerous occasions that I know more about climate science than you do. But I have never claimed to know everything.
I suggest you stop this stupid tactic. The more I actually show the world how ignorant you are to these science, the more foolish you look. Do you really want that?
Damn... there you go again breaking forum rule #4. I am not ignorant of climate science.
Learn the science, and stop making claims you don't underside.
I know the science better than you do. At least I am willing to read AR6. You still refuse to.
And stop asking me to do your homework. You could have looked emissivity up yourself.
Now, wait a minute here... You were the one who brought up emissivity. Why should I have to do all the fact-checking? I already do almost all of the fact-checking in our debates as it is.

Besides... you never did even say what emissivity has to do with this debate. As far as I am concerned this is just another rabbit hole you dug so that you could avoid having to back up longview and yourself.

Yes, I am. You actually backed up something you claimed and I didn't have to go and do the research myself like I almost always have to do with the unsupported claims you make.

Oh please... this is not simple science.
Yes, it is simple science. With your claim you know more about the climate science than I do, you should already know it.

So. Do you acknowledge you do not know these basisc aspects of the climate sciences?
I am constantly telling you why you are wrong. And I prove it quite frequently. That's why I can and do provide numerous examples. You are the one making yourself look foolish when you constantly claim I don't.
Maybe you think so, but you are wrong in that.
This is a debate forum where you are expected to back up what you claim. If you think that you should never have to back up what you claim then maybe you should start a blog where you can claim whatever you want without ever having to back it up.
I get the idea, but debating means understanding science. If you do not understand common underlying principles, then you have no business debating it at the level I do.
I have shown on numerous occasions that I know more about climate science than you do. But I have never claimed to know everything.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. You only know what you read from agenda driven material. You don't understand enough about the underlying science to understand why things like emissivity matters, until you are shown.
Damn... there you go again breaking forum rule #4. I am not ignorant of climate science.
What am I to do? You are persistent in claiming I am wrong without telling evereyone I am aledgedly wrong. Worse yet, you do not say why I'm wrong. You just want me to find some reference that isn't readily easy to find on the internet. I went ahead and showed you the emissivity definiion and coefficients for different materials, because I knew the information was readily available. The fact that you question such things says little for you.
I know the science better than you do. At least I am willing to read AR6. You still refuse to.
The AR6 is not finalized, and you would be good not to learn something that may be revised.

Damn. You can't even explain something as simple as RE. This is a creation of theirs, you should know it if you want to maintain the lie that you know more than I. You shouldn't have questioned myn initial statement about emissivity.
Now, wait a minute here... You were the one who brought up emissivity. Why should I have to do all the fact-checking? I already do almost all of the fact-checking in our debates as it is.
If you understood the basic scienecs behind the climate science, you would have already known what it is, along with how RE is calculated. But you fail every turn.
Besides... you never did even say what emissivity has to do with this debate. As far as I am concerned this is just another rabbit hole you dug so that you could avoid having to back up longview and yourself.
Typical.

Deny the sciences that matter, just because your blogs and IPCC et. al. that you read ignore the inconvenient facts.

Yes... the planet becomes a more efficient radiator because the temperature is increasing and it emits more LW radiation. Now... whether or not this is the entire reason that CO2 has a decreasing effect, I don't know. You certainly have never backed this claim up with any published science that I can remember.
The forcing formula already accounts for a warmer planet radiating more, which is why the
280 ppm increase from 280 ppm to 560 ppm, has the same forcing as the 560 ppm increase between 560 ppm and 1120 ppm.
The response for the same unit increase is less...because the planet is a better radiator.

Yes, it is simple science. With your claim you know more about the climate science than I do, you should already know it.
If this is such simple science then why can't anyone definitively prove or disprove AGW? It is because this is NOT simple science.
So. Do you acknowledge you do not know these basisc aspects of the climate sciences?
I acknowledge that I don't know everything. But I definitely know more than you do.
Maybe you think so, but you are wrong in that.
Too bad for you that you can't back up that statement with any proof.
I get the idea, but debating means understanding science. If you do not understand common underlying principles, then you have no business debating it at the level I do.
Nope... you don't get to put the burden of proof on others. Either back up what you claim or go away.
You only know what you read from agenda driven material.
This is just another of your lies.
You don't understand enough about the underlying science to understand why things like emissivity matters, until you are shown.
You have yet to show what different amounts of emissivity from different surfaces have to do with this particular discussion.
What am I to do? You are persistent in claiming I am wrong without telling evereyone I am aledgedly wrong. Worse yet, you do not say why I'm wrong.
OMG!! What Bullshit. I have told you why you are wrong again and again. That is why I keep citing all those examples of me proving you wrong. When are you going to quit repeating this lie?
You just want me to find some reference that isn't readily easy to find on the internet.
Yet you easily found it on the internet.
I went ahead and showed you the emissivity definiion and coefficients for different materials, because I knew the information was readily available. The fact that you question such things says little for you.
Again... you still haven't stated why the emissivity of different surfaces is relevant to this discussion.
The AR6 is not finalized, and you would be good not to learn something that may be revised.
Wrong!! Go and download any part of AR6 and you will see that none of them state that it is not finalized anymore or that it may be revised. It has been that way for months now.
Damn. You can't even explain something as simple as RE. This is a creation of theirs, you should know it if you want to maintain the lie that you know more than I. You shouldn't have questioned myn initial statement about emissivity.
Why should I explain something that you brought up and doesn't have anything to do with the discussion at hand?
Deny the sciences that matter, just because your blogs and IPCC et. al. that you read ignore the inconvenient facts.
Almost all blogs I cite are written by scientists. And almost everything in the IPCC reports is backed up by peer-reviewed and published studies. If you think any of it is wrong then PROVE IT or shut up.

The forcing formula already accounts for a warmer planet radiating more, which is why the
280 ppm increase from 280 ppm to 560 ppm, has the same forcing as the 560 ppm increase between 560 ppm and 1120 ppm.
The response for the same unit increase is less...because the planet is a better radiator.
Really?

Quote any study of the forcing formula that states this.

And if this is true and so well known then why do you keep claiming that increasing outgoing longwave radiation is contrary to the known science?

Sorry, long... but you can't have it both ways and still have any credibility.

If this is such simple science then why can't anyone definitively prove or disprove AGW? It is because this is NOT simple science.
Much of it is simple science. And there you go again LYING! Nobody here is trying to "disprove" AGW. AGW is real. How can you be so blind as to think we don't believe in it?

It is talk from you like this, that makes what you a joke, and why you have zero credibility. If you cannot repeat our argument correctly, then why should anyone believe a damn thing you claim?

How many times have I said you lie about our viewpoint. Then you take that lie and claim victory?
I acknowledge that I don't know everything. But I definitely know more than you do.
Bullshit.
Too bad for you that you can't back up that statement with any proof.
Why should I when you go in endless loops because you don't understand my explanations? Most the stuff you ask me to prove is stuff you should understand if you actually understood the prerequisite sciences.

Define ECS in mathematical terms, and I will consider receiving you better. You have never understood my assessments on the topic, and asked me to prove it when I have never seen the same use of the science that I understand.

You don't understand what I say, because you don't understand the science. If you did, you would follow.
Nope... you don't get to put the burden of proof on others. Either back up what you claim or go away.
I will not spend the time to teach you semesters of collage classes. Your lack of understanding the principles involved means I have no way to continue in your education.

Learn the prerequisites.
This is just another of your lies.
This is all I see. I see no indication you understand the sciences needed.
You have yet to show what different amounts of emissivity from different surfaces have to do with this particular discussion.
This is exactly my point. I gave you a definition and data, and you don't grasp it. You are beyond my help. You refuse to learn.
OMG!! What Bullshit. I have told you why you are wrong again and again. That is why I keep citing all those examples of me proving you wrong. When are you going to quit repeating this lie?
A list of things that you don't understand, and think you are correct. How many times are you going keep linking old material? Shouldn't you show I'm wrong if you are going to challenge my knowledge?

Yet you easily found it on the internet.
Definitions and data are easy. Explanations of how things work, not so easy, and you are not worth my time. You need to do your own homework should you wish to understand thin complex field.

I'm out of time. The rest... probably as stupid.

Really?

Quote any study of the forcing formula that states this.

And if this is true and so well known then why do you keep claiming that increasing outgoing longwave radiation is contrary to the known science?

Sorry, long... but you can't have it both ways and still have any credibility.
Buzz, the forcing formula cannot support a position where the outgoing longwave radiation increases as the CO2 level increases.
No matter what number for a higher CO2 level you plug in, the result is a greater energy imbalance.

Back
Top Bottom