• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Religion: Could his return spark civil war? | Under Investigation

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Run Donnie run, please.
Sorry bongsaway, I have to split with you there, I don't want to let DT anywhere near the Oval Office, but he's free to run, I can defeat him, I can lose, I can have an overturned election, but come on, how come the people around you don't know how to vote in November? They like to listen to lies?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Sorry bongsaway, I have to split with you there, I don't want to let DT anywhere near the Oval Office, but he's free to run, I can defeat him, I can lose, I can have an overturned election, but come on, how come the people around you don't know how to vote in November? They like to listen to lies?
I voted for biden and so did the people around me so I do not understand your remark?

WIGDViking

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Trump already tried to instigate a civil war on 1/6, soot stands to resason he will try again…

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Oh, for goodness' sake.

The Donald (for whom I voted twice and would do so again in a New York minute) is Mr. Yesterday.

He is not going to run in 2024.

And if he did, he would be creamed.

I assume that only a few Americans are still obsessed with him.

Hamish Howl

Horrible Bastard
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
No, republicans commit treason when they lose. If Trump wins, they'll be fine.

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Civil war? Depends on the DNC. It'd definitely spark a total meltdown on the left.
Really?

I would luv to see Trump loose the popular vote for a third time. All these recounts have been enjoyable, but nothing like election night. Watching Trump's lead slowly, and agonizingly dwindle while his ego meltied down, delish.

So ya

Give the one term looser another pole position, I got my popcorn.

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I voted for biden and so did the people around me so I do not understand your remark?
Oh, I rambled off into a tangent.

I wouldn't beg Trump to run, I tried that already, do you remember my post, "Which is Worse?" (For the Republican Party, Trump or Hillary)?

S***, its 2016 and I still haven't learned.

What am I doing now? Oh, I don't have any margin left for error.

Sabre

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Oh, for goodness' sake.

The Donald (for whom I voted twice and would do so again in a New York minute) is Mr. Yesterday.

I agree that he probably will not run, but the way crazy things are now days you never know. But just judging from this forum I would say there are many still obsessed with Trump, the catch is they are all on the left.

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I agree that he probably will not run, but the way crazy things are now days you never know. But just judging from this forum I would say there are many still obsessed with Trump, the catch is they are all on the left.
Good point.

Except for a relatively few staunch Trump fans, probably most Republicans and Independents and thinking Dems wish that the Republicans would nominate a pleasant candidate that has a chance of winning and governing.

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We are accustom to former Presidents retiring to the golf course, especially one term rejects.

As long as Trump teases the base the money keeps rolling in, it's his motivation.

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You hang out with idiots then. Explains a lot. 🤣

Lycanthrope

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Good point.

Except for a relatively few staunch Trump fans, probably most Republicans and Independents and thinking Dems wish that the Republicans would nominate a pleasant candidate that has a chance of winning and governing.
At yet repeatedly we see polls showing a significant percentage of registered Republicans want Trump to run again, or would support him if he chooses to.

He is very much in their heads.

Dayton3

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There is no "Trump religion". Republicans like him because he fights. Simple as that.

Ginger Ale

Feels good!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
He has a beef with DeSatan, so I'd like to see them both run. It will be better telli than SNL.

Individual

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Waiting to see who the Democrat party is going to select to be their candidate.

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Oh, for goodness' sake.

I don’t think that’s true.

I think many Americans would happily welcome Trump back to the Oval Office after seeing the results of Biden. Bidens (totally legitimate election 🙄) was very narrow and a small swing in a couple of states (assuming it wasn’t fortified) would’ve put Trump in a second term.

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
He has a beef with DeSatan, so I'd like to see them both run. It will be better telli than SNL.
De Santis is a savvy political operator. He won’t run if Trump is in the primary.

A dog fight between Trump and De Santis won’t favor De Santis. As much as I like Ted Cruz his fighting with Trump greatly hurt him politically and De Santis is relatively young and is making great political victories. He will wait until 2028 if Trump seriously is running in 2024

Top Bottom