• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Campaign is Broke

Nice try.. He self funded hid primary campaign just as he said he would.. The general is a whole other situation..

That's what we're talking about here - the Donald Trump self-financing his bid for the presidency through the GOP 2016 primaries, not the general election. To that, he did say he would self-finance at least through the primaries and if he had to through the general election as well. Of course, when he announced that he'd be running for the presidency he made no distinction between self-funding only through the primaries versus self-funding his entire campaign run.

So, if we are to take him strictly at his word when he first announced...

"I don't need anybody's money," he said as he [Donald Trump] announced his candidacy in June. "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."

He didn't say initially that he'd self-finance his campaign only through the primaries. He only began to back away from self-financing a few months later.

Last edited:
I am not sure you actually paid attention to what you quoted of me. I have included the relevant portion so you can see what you missed.

At no time did I claim the article did not say what they did.
I said those two articles lied by making the claim.

The article to which you are referring is one of the two which was lying.

Their claim was that the Trump campaign made the claim. Trump, nor his campaign made such a claim.
1. You provided what the author of the article said, not anything from Trump or is campaign.
2. What you provided is not what is claimed to have been said either.

From the source the reporter used.

"They know that they're not going to have enough money to be on TV in June and probably most of July, until they actually accept the nomination and get RNC funds, so they plan to just use earned media to compete on the airwaves," one GOP source familiar with Manafort's comments told the Examiner.
1. Really? "One GOP source familiar with his comments said." Doh!
2. That does not say the campaign is broke. In no way does it even suggest that the campaign is broke. It would take idiotic biased liberal sources to interpret it as that way. Oh wait, that type of source is what was used, the dailykook[SUP][sp][/SUP] and policalliesus[SUP][sp][/SUP].

Let me put this a different way so biased readers aren't confused.
Allocating certain amounts of monies, for certain things, over certain time periods, is called budgeting.
If the anonymous source is correct in what they heard, not having monies for advertising for a certain period of time does not mean the campaign is broke as the articles idiotically claimed. Thus they are lying to their lemmings, which is exactly what I said.

And again, this all ignores the over-all context of the campaign trying to force the GOP to do what they are supposed to do.

Why are you trying to bust my chops? I essentially agreed with you! I even posted the relevant portion of the second article where author of the article made the claim speaking on authority from an unknown Trump campaign source, whereas, the first article didn't make such a claim. It merely eluded to the campaign financing the Trump campaign claims it would like to have in it email blast for advertising in the general election. There was never a claim in the CNN article of the Trump campaign being broke. So, as I said, I agree with you here.

However, were we disagree is in what the 2nd OP article stated. It did make the claim that the Trump Campaign was broke and that it informed Senate Republicans of such in private. Whether or not this is true is anyone's guess, but the claim was made in the 2nd article.

Don't worry. Trump said he'll self-fund his own Presidential campaign. In fact, he said he prefers it that way. I mean, in his own words, he's got $10B. A billion here and there is no bid deal. Unlike Hillary, he doesn't lie. Unlike Romney, he won't blow this election when he has said himself he's got it won. Yeah, that's it.

Wtf! you really think that Trump doesnt lie?

I can't quibble with your ideology.

Then why bother opening a dialog if you are only going to shut yourself away when someone merely asks you to elaborate on the point you were trying to make?

Then why bother opening a dialog if you are only going to shut yourself away when someone merely asks you to elaborate on the point you were trying to make?
What I'm saying is your ideological mind is made up and no discussion nor debate will open it. Why should I waste my time? I should waste my time? Prove you aren't closed minded.

What I'm saying is your ideological mind is made up and no discussion nor debate will open it.

So without any interaction with me at all you've already come to the conclusion that I'm an idealogue with no willingness to hear the other side? Who's the one being completely close-minded again? Because from where I'm standing, you're the one making a character judgement on me and then demanding I prove otherwise.

Why should I waste my time?

Because you decided to call me close-minded without explaining why you feel that way.

I should waste my time? Prove you aren't closed minded.

I don't know what kind of backwards universe you come from, but in logical-land you tend to provide some sort of evidence for your assertions before I have to defend myself from this weak witch hunt you're trying to establish with me.

I see this as a catch 22. On one hand, anti-Trump voters can take solace that this may help ensure his defeat. On the other hand, the sheer bang for buck Trump's campaign has had up to this point is phenomenal.

And where did you get your intel that it was okay to be beholden to special interests during the general election? Was it his non-verbal cues?

It was his hands. It's all in the hands.

He never once, ever, said "primary". So either he's too stupid to know that you don't get to be President by winning the primaries and you have to actually win the general election, or you made the whole thing up. Which is it?

I hate when people ask rhetorical questions.

More Liberal media BS - Do y'all believe everything you hear on CNN?

Are you saying the meeting didn't happen without any proof to back it up??? I listed three sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody lies - it's just to what degree. Oh wait - you want evidence:

'When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it,' Clinton said then. 'I didn't inhale, and I didn't try it again.'

Bill Clinton 15 Years Ago: 'I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman'

Hillary CLINTON: No. I’m not willing to say it was an error in judgment because what — nothing that I did was wrong. It was not — it was not in any way prohibited.

I could go on and on and on. So if I have to choose someone who is most honest, I'd honestly go with Trump 10 times over Hillary!

Everybody lies - it's just to what degree. Oh wait - you want evidence:

'When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it,' Clinton said then. 'I didn't inhale, and I didn't try it again.'

Bill Clinton 15 Years Ago: 'I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman'

Hillary CLINTON: No. I’m not willing to say it was an error in judgment because what — nothing that I did was wrong. It was not — it was not in any way prohibited.

I could go on and on and on. So if I have to choose someone who is most honest, I'd honestly go with Trump 10 times over Hillary!

Since Trump has changed his mind on pretty much everything by this point, what is there left to defend about him?

RELATED..........UPDATE

Hillary Clinton Opens Up Lead over Donald Trump in Florida, New Poll Shows

A new Quinnipiac University poll released this morning shows Hillary Clinton opening up a lead over Donald Trump in the key swing state of Florida.
The presumptive Democratic nominee earned 47 percent support in the new poll vs. Trump at 39 percent. In early May, Clinton and Trump were locked in a virtual tie.

Hillary Clinton Opens Up Lead Over Donald Trump in Florida, New Poll Shows - ABC News

And sees Trump slipping in the important swing state of Ohio……..which has the history……..
……If one loses Ohio you lose the election…
Swing-state polls: Trump slipping in Florida, Ohio - POLITICO
…….Mrs. Clinton is also winning in swing states that were decided by less than seven points in 2012. In those 10 states, she is leading by an average margin of 47 percent to 39 percent……..

More so telling is Trump has yet to run any campaign ads or build a staff in any state to do such things as pass out yard signs……….alone with many other important tasks needed to win an election……

Clinton has election staffs in all 50 states…..

Maybe the fact that Trump is broke and cannot seem to raise fund may have something to do with the Trumpster's state of affairs

RELATED..........UPDATE

Hillary Clinton Opens Up Lead over Donald Trump in Florida, New Poll Shows

A new Quinnipiac University poll released this morning shows Hillary Clinton opening up a lead over Donald Trump in the key swing state of Florida.
The presumptive Democratic nominee earned 47 percent support in the new poll vs. Trump at 39 percent. In early May, Clinton and Trump were locked in a virtual tie.

Hillary Clinton Opens Up Lead Over Donald Trump in Florida, New Poll Shows - ABC News

And sees Trump slipping in the important swing state of Ohio……..which has the history……..
……If one loses Ohio you lose the election…
…….Mrs. Clinton is also winning in swing states that were decided by less than seven points in 2012. In those 10 states, she is leading by an average margin of 47 percent to 39 percent……..

More so telling is Trump has yet to run any campaign ads or build a staff in any state to do such things as pass out yard signs……….alone with many other important tasks needed to win an election……

Clinton has election staffs in all 50 states…..

Maybe the fact that Trump is broke and cannot seem to raise fund may have something to do with the Trumpster's state of affairs

Well, Republicans wanted a candidate without political experience, and they got him. This is what zero prior political experience looks like.

Well, Republicans wanted a candidate without political experience, and they got him. This is what zero prior political experience looks like.

The man is a fool and will drag the entire GOP down with him............as they will lose the House, Senate and a bunch of Governors...........and could spell the end of the Republican Party..........

I did not say that......I am just repeating what many prominent GOP leaders and political experts have said as late as today......

UPDATE

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/us/politics/donald-trump-fund-raising-republicans.html?_r=0
Donald Trump Hints He May Fund Race Himself

“…….In crucial states, his campaign offices have withered. He has not yet put out a single television ad in the general election. He has about as much money on hand for his campaign as the Manhattan district attorney and the New York City comptroller each disclosed having in their last reports. The situation has grown so dire for Mr. Trump that on Tuesday, he suggested that he might tap his personal fortune to keep the campaign afloat. He disclosed on Monday that his campaign finished May with little more than $1 million in the bank. Mrs. Clinton reported having about $42 million………
…….. the stark disparity in cash on hand may understate the desperate straits in which Mr. Trump finds himself. His fund-raising, led largely by the Republican National Committee, has slowed. He canceled a fund-raiser with 90 people in Boston last week, after the shooting in Orlando, Fla.; it has been rescheduled for June 29………

In a word, Trump’s campaign is broke……… and without putting a massive amount of his own money in to the campaign………….all know he will be a loser……..
Reported today a Bloomberg reporter interviewing Trump said he was told by Trump he has between $700-$800 million in cash available to fund his campaign……….. All the big donors seem to know that and are holding back because Trump has used just Chump Change so far……..
Which to them is an indication Trump is not confident or knows he will lose to Clinton and does not wish to throw HIS money down the drain…………. The Fat Cats are waiting for Trump to put a substantial amount of his money in his run for President before they donate ……..

On a positive note…………

It seems the Trumpster has established what appears to be an effective Rapid Response team which produced a press release objecting/answering all of the claims made in Clinton’s speech on the economy she made about Trump .........and well argued too

Why are you trying to bust my chops?
Bust your chops?
Funny but no.
Correcting you.

However, were we disagree is in what the 2nd OP article stated. It did make the claim that the Trump Campaign was broke and that it informed Senate Republicans of such in private. Whether or not this is true is anyone's guess, but the claim was made in the 2nd article.
And this is where you were wrong as already pointed out.
I never said they didn't make the claim, I said the claim was lie.
It is not my problem you did not understand that.

Even this reply of yours show you did not understand what was reported.
They campaign did not say it was broke.
That is a lie.

Of relevance to this thread.

Donald Trump Forgives $50 Million in Campaign Loans

After a poor month of fundraising

Donald Trump has forgiven $50 million in loans he made to his campaign.

“[Trump] loaned $50 million to the campaign. He’s now forgiven that loan. So that is a contribution,” Steve Mnuchin, Trump’s campaign finance chairman, told CNBC Thursday. “[Trump] has also said he will contribute significantly more money.

[...]

Donald Trump Forgives $50 Million in Campaign Loans

As it is pointed out, he will contribute significantly more money. His campaign isn't broke unless he wants it to be broke.

Trump supporters will eventually (maybe) realize that a candidate who proudly portrays himself as unpredictable and willing to go it alone will not attract the donors or support necessary to fund or run a successful campaign.

This is not political pandering folks, the Trump campaign is literally dead broke! He really does actually need this money

Trump campaign: We're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 - CNNPolitics.com

A meeting in late May proved it: Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

Trump's campaign is broke

What a joke!

More Liberal media BS - Do y'all believe everything you hear on CNN?

I think all this worry about Trump and campaign contributions is overblown.

Trump campaign claims $11 million raised since Tuesday

Donald Trump claims to have racked up a quick $11 million since Tuesday, based on statements by his son and a top Republican official.

The joint fundraising committee that Trump shares with the Republican Party raised about $5 million, Republican National Committee chief strategist Sean Spicer tweeted on Wednesday. That would add to roughly $6 million raised at a New York fundraising event — according Trump’s son in an interview with CNN .

"We're going to raise a lot of money," Eric Trump, the GOP candidate’s son, told CNN’s “OutFront.” "We don't need the kind of money that Hillary [Clinton] needs," he added.

The fundraising claims can't be independently verified until next month, when the June financial disclosure reports to the Federal Election Commission become public. In the past, the Trump campaign has made misleading forecasts of its fundraising.

That does not include the $2 million that Trump himself has pledged to match in the fundraising appeal, Spicer said.
Trump's been rubbing elbows with the rich for a long time, and as far as I can tell is only recently tapping that resource, so it's not already worn out from previously contributing.

I still find this much better than getting 'contributions' from foreign nation's government and business leaders, such as Hillary has done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom