• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Campaign is Broke

That you don't know is just a confirmation of the irrational bias you carry.

"Literally dead broke" is your interpretation and it is simply not true.
Your first article showed that the fundraising was "to help" and it can be clearly seen he is trying to force the GOP to fund his campaign as they are supposed to.

At a Las Vegas rally, he argued that if GOP establishment types didn't fully support his campaign he could self-fund, rather than relying on the party apparatus to help bring in donations.
"Life is like two way street, right?" Trump said. "Otherwise I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I'll just keep funding my own campaign. I'm ok with that. That's the easy way. I mean for me, that's the easy way. But, hopefully I can continue to go the way we're going, and this weekend we raised a lot of money. We've raised a lot of money for the Republican Party. We'll keep doing it, because we do have tremendous support within the party that I can tell you."

The two other articles reference the same thing and are "literately" lying to their lemmings, which of course you believe.
He did not reveal his campaign was "broke" as idiotically claimed by the articles. That is "literally" a lie.

What was said was that his campaign "won’t have much money ... over the next couple months", that does not say "broke" as your articles lie, or "literally dead broke" as you ridiculously claimed.

And the whole gist behind that meeting was again to get the GOP to do what they are supposed to do, fund the GOP candidate.

I'll grant you that the first article didn't claim that the Trump campaign was broke, but the second article certainly did.

In meeting with Senate Republicans, Trump's campaign privately admitted that they have no money and will not be able to run television ads until after the GOP convention in July.

Of course, further down in the article you'll find this statement:

Donald Trump’s campaign has alerted Senate Republicans that he won’t have much money to spend fending off attacks from Hillary Clinton over the next couple months.

I don't think his campaign is broke, but I do think it's running low of advertising dollars sufficient enough to keep pace with the pending onslaught of negative ads from Hillary.

Except he didn't say that at all..

Didn't he though?

Donald Trump said Tuesday [June 16, 2015] he will pay for his own presidential campaign — and with a claimed net worth of $8.37 billion, he should have no problem picking up the tab.

“I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists; I’m not using donors,” he boasted.

Source: Trump funding presidential campaign without donors | New York Post

And here...

Trump has several times said his net worth is or exceeds $10 billion, providing all the money he needs to run (for the presidency).

"I don't need anybody's money," he said as he announced his candidacy in June. "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."

Source: Are Donald Trump's Pockets Deep Enough To Fund His Campaign? : NPR

And here...

“I Don’t Need Anybody’s Money. It’s Nice…I’m Really Rich.”

Source: Peak Trump: 'I Don't Need Anybody's Money' - Breitbart

Nice try.. He self funded hid primary campaign just as he said he would.. The general is a whole other situation..

So now he's going to take money from those nasty lobbyists, right?

I missed the parts where he said "I'm funding my own PRIMARY campaign".

Donald Trump said Tuesday he will pay for his own presidential campaign — and with a claimed net worth of $8.37 billion, he should have no problem picking up the tab.

“I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists; I’m not using donors,” he boasted to the audience during his announcement at Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue. “I’m really rich!”

But I guess everyone was supposed to know he was only talking about the primary. Yes, that must be it.

Nice try.. He self funded hid primary campaign just as he said he would.. The general is a whole other situation..

Yes, because it's good to be beholden to special interests, but only if it's in the general election. He must have communicated that to his supporters through his non-verbal cues I've heard so much about, because I never heard him make that distinction.

This is not political pandering folks, the Trump campaign is literally dead broke! He really does actually need this money

Trump campaign: We're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 - CNNPolitics.com

A meeting in late May proved it: Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

Trump's campaign is broke

What a joke!

If Trump is so popular as we have been told, why is he having trouble raising money?
Trump campaign and the RNC have sent out letters begging for money. You would think when someone sends them Monopoly money they would get the hint not to send anymore requests but the requests keep on coming.

Then there are all the stories of major corporations opting out or scaling back support for the convention this year as well.

Yes, because it's good to be beholden to special interests, but only if it's in the general election. He must have communicated that to his supporters through his non-verbal cues I've heard so much about, because I never heard him make that distinction.

Well if you just get your Intel from bias media sources you may think you know what's going on but you are mistaken..

It all came through in yuuuge subliminal messages.

Well if you just get your Intel from bias media sources you may think you know what's going on but you are mistaken..

And where did you get your intel that it was okay to be beholden to special interests during the general election? Was it his non-verbal cues?

And where did you get your intel that it was okay to be beholden to special interests during the general election? Was it his non-verbal cues?

Mistaken again..

The general is about the Republican Party as a whole funding their agenda not just one person..

It has always just been the primary but go ahead and be surprised that you didn't know..

So in other words, no, you have no clips of Trump making that claim. You're just blindly defending him.

So in other words, no, you have no clips of Trump making that claim. You're just blindly defending him.

Yeah sure.. How about I don't care to educate people that don't care to educate themselves.. I'm not about o chase sources from my phone..

Call me a liar or look it up.. Hint, msm is worthless..

Yeah sure.. How about I don't care to educate people that don't care to educate themselves.. I'm not about o chase sources from my phone..

Well that's just the thing, we can't find it. So why don't you just tell us where he made the distinction?

The two other articles reference the same thing and are "literately" lying to their lemmings, which of course you believe.
He did not reveal his campaign was "broke" as idiotically claimed by the articles. That is "literally" a lie.

What was said was that his campaign "won’t have much money ... over the next couple months", that does not say "broke" as your articles lie, or "literally dead broke" as you ridiculously claimed.

And the whole gist behind that meeting was again to get the GOP to do what they are supposed to do, fund the GOP candidate.
I'll grant you that the first article didn't claim that the Trump campaign was broke, but the second article certainly did.

In meeting with Senate Republicans, Trump's campaign privately admitted that they have no money and will not be able to run television ads until after the GOP convention in July.

Of course, further down in the article you'll find this statement:

Donald Trump’s campaign has alerted Senate Republicans that he won’t have much money to spend fending off attacks from Hillary Clinton over the next couple months.
I am not sure you actually paid attention to what you quoted of me. I have included the relevant portion so you can see what you missed.

At no time did I claim the article did not say what they did.
I said those two articles lied by making the claim.

The article to which you are referring is one of the two which was lying.

Their claim was that the Trump campaign made the claim. Trump, nor his campaign made such a claim.
1. You provided what the author of the article said, not anything from Trump or is campaign.
2. What you provided is not what is claimed to have been said either.

From the source the reporter used.

"They know that they're not going to have enough money to be on TV in June and probably most of July, until they actually accept the nomination and get RNC funds, so they plan to just use earned media to compete on the airwaves," one GOP source familiar with Manafort's comments told the Examiner.
1. Really? "One GOP source familiar with his comments said." Doh!
2. That does not say the campaign is broke. In no way does it even suggest that the campaign is broke. It would take idiotic biased liberal sources to interpret it as that way. Oh wait, that type of source is what was used, the dailykook[SUP][sp][/SUP] and policalliesus[SUP][sp][/SUP].

Let me put this a different way so biased readers aren't confused.
Allocating certain amounts of monies, for certain things, over certain time periods, is called budgeting.
If the anonymous source is correct in what they heard, not having monies for advertising for a certain period of time does not mean the campaign is broke as the articles idiotically claimed. Thus they are lying to their lemmings, which is exactly what I said.

And again, this all ignores the over-all context of the campaign trying to force the GOP to do what they are supposed to do.

Well that's just the thing, we can't find it. So why don't you just tell us where he made the distinction?

I don't think he ever said he would self fund for the general.. He said he would self fund his primary and he did..

I don't think he ever said he would self fund for the general.. He said he would self fund his primary and he did..

Umm....nooooooo...de didn't say he would self fund for the general, because he never made the distinction to begin with. He just said he would self-fund...period. So the idea that there was ever a distinction that he made appears to be something you just made up in a rather transparent attempt to save face.

Yeah, you're open-minded, aren't ya?

What does this pertain to Trump's complete inability to not drive something to the ground?

He never once, ever, said "primary". So either he's too stupid to know that you don't get to be President by winning the primaries and you have to actually win the general election, or you made the whole thing up. Which is it?

Let me get this straight...you make a claim and then ask others to get the proof of said claim?

Okay.

Did you see the YouTube video where Obama says how brilliant I am, Trump calls me a 'God' and his eldest daughter states her undying love (and lust) for me?

I could go and find it...but I cannot be bothered.

So I guess it is true.

:)

Back
Top Bottom