• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trudeau 'Power Trip' is over... MP Poilievr calls for end of Covid Restrictions

Your comments take on such an odd tone when you discuss Alberta or anyone from Alberta.

Add to that this guy is vying for leadership of the Conservative party and he needs to woo the far right faction in the West. His seat is in Ottawa but he is from Alberta. He has been vocal in support of the truckers which will not help him in Ontario. He is definitely on the far right so none of this is the least bit surprising.

I am not from Alberta, but I agree with gbg3, for the reasons cited by Kurmugeon below:

According to the Five, who is giving advice to Trudeau, he made the mistake of going Full-Deplorable... and you should never go Full-Deplorable!

I don't think Trudeau will ever recover from this political mistake.

-

Attacking people outside the "ruling class" is a bad.

I am not from Alberta, but I agree with gbg3, for the reasons cited by Kurmugeon below:

Would it be fair to say that government shouldn't be attacking any of it's people?

Government is governing by consent of the governed, a servant to it's citizens. Since when is it acceptable for a servant to attack those whom it is supposed to be serving?

Your comments take on such an odd tone when you discuss Alberta or anyone from Alberta.

Yeah, what is up with that? It's like the "liberal" elites who dismiss red states and their inhabitants.

According to the Five, who is giving advice to Trudeau, he made the mistake of going Full-Deplorable... and you should never go Full-Deplorable!

I don't think Trudeau will ever recover from this political mistake.

-

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Not quite understanding why saying it was important for Poliever to woo votes from out west and why it is important is disparaging Albertans but OK.

Yeah, what is up with that? It's like the "liberal" elites who dismiss red states and their inhabitants.
Like the attacks on the people who live in the U.S. south. Or like the recent attacks by some Canadians on the truckers who protested - more than disagreements about their cause, but attacks on their type of work and intelligence.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.
I hope so but I'm not convinced the Liberals will dump him as leader and at this point he would likely win again. Not because he is good but because at this point the others worse. The best things the Liberals can do is oust him but I don't hear any rumblings of that. Maybe after the post mortem on the EA shows his failure at leadership.

Would it be fair to say that government shouldn't be attacking any of it's people?

Government is governing by consent of the governed, a servant to it's citizens. Since when is it acceptable for a servant to attack those whom it is supposed to be serving?
I too am disgusted at how he spoke about the people at the protest (and I don't even support the protest). That they held 'intolerable views' and were 'racists' and 'misogynists'. Talk about taking away personhood from a group... Yikes. I am ashamed I voted liberal, but in my defense, the opposition (especially in my riding) was absolutely terrible. There are not enough good and competent people in government. Politics attracts the wrong type of people.

I believe there is another 'lesson' in the Tradeau events...

What ever else has come out about the current version of the mRNA vaccines, they do NOT stop a person from catching covid, spreading it, and/or dying from it.

What we have seen, scientifically, is that they slightly reduce the severity of symptoms, and also slightly delay the onset to the point that it is noticeable that a person is sick with Covid. Therefore, they are likely to continue to go to work for a another day or two, while contagious, making the vaccinated MORE likely to spread Covid than the UnVaccinated.

This was certainly the case in my own personal experience. I worked for a company that is massively affected by the holiday season in sales for the year, and has a policy of mandatory overtime, and extreme levels of effort from all employees for Months. I thought what I was experiencing in health issues, was simply a case of 'Battle Fatigue'. I went to work on two days during which I was probably contagious, suffering from general fatigue and mental lack of focus, but I did not have any overt Covid Symptoms. On New Years day, I came down with massive diarrhea, abdominal bleeding, and loss of taste, and then I knew, and took a Covid test at the next available time slot (a day later, with a five day wait for results).

The expected fever indicator did not occur at all in my case, until seven days after I first started feeling poorly.

I always followed all of the covid work rules, and as far as I know, none of the many people I worked with became ill in the right time frame to have been people infected by me. (Thank the Gods!) But I don't actually know, because I was too sick to ask, and by the time I was better, my employer had dumped me and would no longer talk to me at all.

So, the lesson here is, the Vaccinated are a bigger threat than the Unvaccinated, to those who have not yet obtained natural immunity by catching covid.

In short, the mRNA vaccines failed at what they were intended to accomplish. But they can cause auto-immune problems. Hence, the Truckers were correct in their assessment, and to refuse the vaccine.

Will mRNA vaccines at some point in the future, work very well? Probably...

-

I too am disgusted at how he spoke about the people at the protest (and I don't even support the protest). That they held 'intolerable views' and were 'racists' and 'misogynists'. Talk about taking away personhood from a group... Yikes.
Yes, seems all rather tyrannical and authoritarian.

I am ashamed I voted liberal, but in my defense, the opposition (especially in my riding) was absolutely terrible. There are not enough good and competent people in government.
As they say, 'Scratch a Liberal, find a Fascist'.

Politics attracts the wrong type of people.

I believe there is another 'lesson' in the Tradeau events...

What ever else has come out about the current version of the mRNA vaccines, they do NOT stop a person from catching covid, spreading it, and/or dying from it.

What we have seen, scientifically, is that they slightly reduce the severity of symptoms, and also slightly delay the onset to the point that it is noticeable that a person is sick with Covid. Therefore, they are likely to continue to go to work for a another day or two, while contagious, making the vaccinated MORE likely to spread Covid than the UnVaccinated.

This was certainly the case in my own personal experience. I worked for a company that is massively affected by the holiday season in sales for the year, and has a policy of mandatory overtime, and extreme levels of effort from all employees for Months. I thought what I was experiencing in health issues, was simply a case of 'Battle Fatigue'. I went to work on two days during which I was probably contagious, suffering from general fatigue and mental lack of focus, but I did not have any overt Covid Symptoms. On New Years day, I came down with massive diarrhea, abdominal bleeding, and loss of taste, and then I knew, and took a Covid test at the next available time slot (a day later, with a five day wait for results).

The expected fever indicator did not occur at all in my case, until seven days after I first started feeling poorly.

I always followed all of the covid work rules, and as far as I know, none of the many people I worked with became ill in the right time frame to have been people infected by me. (Thank the Gods!) But I don't actually know, because I was too sick to ask, and by the time I was better, my employer had dumped me and would no longer talk to me at all.

So, the lesson here is, the Vaccinated are a bigger threat than the Unvaccinated, to those who have not yet obtained natural immunity by catching covid.

In short, the mRNA vaccines failed at what they were intended to accomplish. But they can cause auto-immune problems. Hence, the Truckers were correct in their assessment, and to refuse the vaccine.

Will mRNA vaccines at some point in the future, work very well? Probably...

-
There's a lot wrong here. Most importantly, vaccines do for the most part successfully protect against death. Also, the vaccinated aren't more likely to pass it on, even in th age of omicron.

Yes, seems all rather tyrannical and authoritarian.

As they say, 'Scratch a Liberal, find a Fascist'.
I'm not so sure about that. We've had a great liberal PM in the past... Jean Chretien. Although I identify as liberal and support most liberal policies, I don't always vote liberal. I've voted every stripe so far, and always find myself disappointed when I watch the debates in Parliament. Such rhetorical nonsense. So... It's not just liberals.

There's a lot wrong here. Most importantly, vaccines do for the most part successfully protect against death. Also, the vaccinated aren't more likely to pass it on, even in th age of omicron.
That's not what the CDC says...

-

Add to that this guy is vying for leadership of the Conservative party and he needs to woo the far right faction in the West. His seat is in Ottawa but he is from Alberta. He has been vocal in support of the truckers which will not help him in Ontario. He is definitely on the far right so none of this is the least bit surprising.
I wondered how long it would be before a rational Canadian response to the OP happened.

I'm not so sure about that. We've had a great liberal PM in the past... Jean Chretien. Although I identify as liberal and support most liberal policies, I don't always vote liberal. I've voted every stripe so far, and always find myself disappointed when I watch the debates in Parliament. Such rhetorical nonsense. So... It's not just liberals.
Things change fast, apparently. I don't think that the liberals of '03 are directly comparable to the liberals we see now.

Pity we cannot have a sensible examination of the claim that dear Justin is one of the late Fidel Castro's sons .
It might explain a great deal of ' who' this guy really is .
Apart from the undeniable fact that he was/is one of Karl Schwab's many proteges and a member of the Davos finishing school !!
It is an undeniable fact that his mother ,Margaret , was a notorious 'slapper' who was very involved with the bearded Cuban wonder for some time .
One would have to start with a sensible claim, which the one you made is not.

That's not what the CDC says...

-
It is. The protection from infection is only like 10% after two doses, and almost useless - but it's there. Protection from death is over an order of magnitude, which is very significant.

It is. The protection from infection is only like 10% after two doses, and almost useless - but it's there. Protection from death is over an order of magnitude, which is very significant.

You've missed the important point completely.

The CDC now openly admits that the covid vaccine lowers the severity of symptoms, and often causes some people to be asymptomatic for the duration of their infection...

Which means they're at work, sick, spreading it without knowing they've got it. And the CDC is also now stating that even with those who get very sick, such as myself, it delays the onset of notable symptoms.

So, the vaccine is causing covid to spread much more rapidly, and get to those, such as myself, with prior conditions, such as heavy metal poisoning lung damage, and chemically induced diabetes.

The short of it is, the Vaccinated are making themselves safer, while putting everyone else at much greater risk.

I know, I'm vaccinated.

-

Last edited:
Because I was vaccinated, I survived Covid. If I had not been vaccinated, with my prior existing lung/kidney conditions, I am certain I would have died.

I will now probably live for at least another 20-30 years. (Always voting against the left!)

But, here's the rub. Because of the auto-immune side effects, I can no longer walk. The only work I have been allowed to become "Qualified" for, involves lots of walking.

So, the rest of society will be paying all my bills for a very long time!

-

)
The other officials in Canada are now calling for an end to the covid restrictions and the resignation of Trudeau.

I guess there is just so much damage that can be justified by a Flu that has a 99.7% survival rate.

And those numbers are likely way off, because of the way that hospitals were given cash awards for every death certificate that listed covid as the cause of death, even though the deceased was already terminally ill at the time they caught covid.

Now, can we begin to scientifically re-evaluate the safety of mRNA vaccines?

It is NOT proven that mRNA vaccines are bad, but it is not proven that they are safe, yet, either.

I got very sick the day after receiving my 2nd mRNA vaccine, and I am still suffering from the injuries, three months later. I am now seven weeks unemployed because of it, yet I am told I do not 'Qualify' for unemployment...

Can we start to discuss who will pay for the many people with long term auto-immune disorders from the mandatory covid vaccines?

-
The Canadian government has only one Covid restriction. If you want to come here from a foreign country you need to be vaccinated.
Get your facts straight.

You've missed the important point completely.

The CDC now openly admits that the covid vaccine lowers the severity of symptoms, and often causes some people to be asymptomatic for the duration of their infection...

Which means they're at work, sick, spreading it without knowing they've got it. And the CDC is also now stating that even with those who get very sick, such as myself, it delays the onset of notable symptoms.

So, the vaccine is causing covid to spread much more rapidly, and get to those, such as myself, with prior conditions, such as heavy metal poisoning lung damage, and chemically induced diabetes.

The short of it is, the Vaccinated are making themselves safer, while putting everyone else at much greater risk.

I know, I'm vaccinated.

-
Not only that, the CDC is withholding data.

The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects​

The agency has withheld critical data on boosters, hospitalizations and, until recently, wastewater analyses.​
For more than a year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has collected data on hospitalizations for Covid-19 in the United States and broken it down by age, race and vaccination status. But it has not made most of the information public.​
When the C.D.C. published the first significant data on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it left out the numbers for a huge portion of that population: 18- to 49-year-olds, the group least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected.​
The agency recently debuted a dashboard of wastewater data on its website that will be updated daily and might provide early signals of an oncoming surge of Covid cases. Some states and localities had been sharing wastewater information with the agency since the start of the pandemic, but it had never before released those findings.​
Two full years into the pandemic, the agency leading the country’s response to the public health emergency has published only a tiny fraction of the data it has collected, several people familiar with the data said.​

Cant' trust anyone or anything coming out of DC, you get lies, or at best, 1/2 truths. DC is simply so corrupt and so broken.

Not quite understanding why saying it was important for Poliever to woo votes from out west and why it is important is disparaging Albertans but OK.
I t ypoed, and meant to say it was a "bad idea." That aside, Canada is one country. Having a tyranny of Ontario and part of Quebec over the rest of the country is dangerous.

I've never understood the logic behind the idea that public health measures are a power grab. To what end, beyond saving lives?

Not only that, the CDC is withholding data.

The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects​

The agency has withheld critical data on boosters, hospitalizations and, until recently, wastewater analyses.​
For more than a year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has collected data on hospitalizations for Covid-19 in the United States and broken it down by age, race and vaccination status. But it has not made most of the information public.​
When the C.D.C. published the first significant data on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it left out the numbers for a huge portion of that population: 18- to 49-year-olds, the group least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected.​
The agency recently debuted a dashboard of wastewater data on its website that will be updated daily and might provide early signals of an oncoming surge of Covid cases. Some states and localities had been sharing wastewater information with the agency since the start of the pandemic, but it had never before released those findings.​
Two full years into the pandemic, the agency leading the country’s response to the public health emergency has published only a tiny fraction of the data it has collected, several people familiar with the data said.​

Cant' trust anyone or anything coming out of DC, you get lies, or at best, 1/2 truths. DC is simply so corrupt and so broken.

We trusting the NY Times now?

Back
Top Bottom