• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trans Bathroom issue easily explained.

Here are two articles quite sympathetic - to the 17-year-old male, not the girls protesting his intrusion into their spaces. Note in the photos that his "girlness" must be such a recent thing despite his protestations, that he hasn't even let his hair grow in - he's got some fright wig and wears falsies.

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender dispute | Education | stltoday.com

Transgender Student Receives Backlash After Using Girls Restroom : People.com

Of course. Girls should learn early and often that men always get their way. ;)

The worst part is that they really couldn't ignore the boy and his family even if the solution they decided on was the best choice available to best serve all people involved. The boy and his parents were just being unreasonable and showed no ability to care about other people. In their mind it was all about them and what they wanted even if many other students were going to be affected by their demands.

As for your comment, I wouldn't say that. This is really all about a small group of people that are demanding something that makes many people uncomfortable. Many of them don't care about that aspect of it like somehow the comfort level of people isn't a factor. It's complete and utter bull****, imho.

Here are two articles quite sympathetic - to the 17-year-old male, not the girls protesting his intrusion into their spaces. Note in the photos that his "girlness" must be such a recent thing despite his protestations, that he hasn't even let his hair grow in - he's got some fright wig and wears falsies.

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender dispute | Education | stltoday.com

Transgender Student Receives Backlash After Using Girls Restroom : People.com

If I recall he was just diagnosed, so I imagine he was just starting treatment. Anyway, there is another aspect of the case that bothers me. It is actually very well know that teenagers are the highest risk of being misdiagnosed and because of that many psychologists do not recommend or endorse diagnosing them as transgenders at that point in time.

Let's play your game then. If there is no right to feel comfortable in a public restroom, then why bother with male/female designations in the first place? I'll tell you why...comfort. Just because a right isn't written down anywhere doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'll even put it another way. What gives a man pretending to be a woman the same access to a designated bathroom that a real woman has?

If there is no right to feel comfortable in the restroom then what is their case even based on? If people get ignored when they say they're uncomfortable then exactly why are transgenders getting attention?

Of course. Girls should learn early and often that men always get their way. ;)

What it appears to be happening is that people are misinterpreting what individualist ideology says about collective matters. It doesn't say ignore their opinion like somehow you're the only person in existence that matters, but the way progressives are interpreting it today seems to suggest that in certain situations the only person that matters is their target groups wishes.

The same 'right' that the tranny has to go into a woman's bathroom. I mean, if it isn't about being conformable, then what IS it about?
So you can't answer for the statement that you made? got it. When you figure it out please let us know what right you are referring too because I never heard of it. Thanks
Let's play your game then. If there is no right to feel comfortable in a public restroom, then why bother with male/female designations in the first place? I'll tell you why...comfort. Just because a right isn't written down anywhere doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'll even put it another way. What gives a man pretending to be a woman the same access to a designated bathroom that a real woman has?

So you still can't tell us the made up right you are talking about and you got caught posting BS? got it. There is no right to be comfortable that's the dumbest strawman of all time hahahaha but you are claiming there is so simply post this right and prove it. It's a simple request.

So you still can't tell us the made up right you are talking about and you got caught posting BS? got it. There is no right to be comfortable that's the dumbest strawman of all time hahahaha but you are claiming there is so simply post this right and prove it. It's a simple request.

What right does transgenders have to use the bathroom of their choice?

I'm losing patience with you now.

You indicate you reside in the state of New York. I suggest you pull up the New York Code of Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) §466.13, Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity. Pay particular attention to the definition of gender identity. Oh heck, I'll quote it:

"Gender identity means having or being perceived as having a gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression whether or not that gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression is different from that traditionally associated with the sex assigned to that person at birth."

I couldn't resist bolding the part that indicates you're protected even if some schmo misperceives who/what you are. Anyway, read the whole regulation. Transvestites are most definitely covered. Hell, you're covered if you just look extra butch or effeminate.

No apology needed. You're welcome.
I have no idea why you think anything you just posted contradicts anything I've ever said.

The Equal Protection Clause is so misused and abused that I wish it had never been passed. It has done more damage to the original concept of the Constitution as any other. I am 100% convinced the framers of that amendment never ever thought the court would interpret it as it has done. And Congress may or may not pass a law re transgenders but I do see the worst application of what constitutes 'discrimination' from a left leaning SCOTUS. All those on the left will almost certainly see it as our left leaning friends on message boards see it--no different than discrimination against black people and other such stupidity.

There is no official ruling yet you are right so it's a simply question. Do you think transgenders should be protected from discrimination or do you think it's ok to discrimination against them when it comes to employment, housing, facilities, service etc?

What it appears to be happening is that people are misinterpreting what individualist ideology says about collective matters. It doesn't say ignore their opinion like somehow you're the only person in existence that matters, but the way progressives are interpreting it today seems to suggest that in certain situations the only person that matters is their target groups wishes.
I wish people wouldn't tee this up as somehow "progressive" versus "conservative" or liberal versus family values, or whatever. People across a wide spectrum of political views are getting educated about this issue and although they may differ on quite a range of other issues, this is so basic as to transcend normal political divisions.

Although I will admit, people who are liberal or progressive on many issues seem to have fallen into quicksand around allowing biological males access to female sex-segregated spaces. I think there's a huge element of discomfort with voicing their real concerns because the transadvocates have tied this to gay rights or to racial equality. So they're in the quandry of thinking, "Oh my, I'm not a bigot!" Or, more accurately, "Oh my, I don't want other people to THINK I'm a bigot." When, of course, it has nothing to do with bigotry in not wanting men in your daughter's shower facility.

There are lots of reasons we walk around clothed. So that people don't think about sex really isn't one of them or at least not a reasonable one. Protection, warmth, hygiene, to draw attention, laws that mandate it, are but a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to force the vast majority of people to be uncomfortable in order to save a tiny minority from being uncomfortable. That is hypocrisy at its core.

Oh, I get it. You're a troll. You're being obsequies on purpose. Not a problem.

Welcome to ignore.

Oh, I get it. You're a troll. You're being obsequies on purpose. Not a problem.

Welcome to ignore.

Hahahaha that's what I thought, run away, you got caught posting BS and you can't back it up. Welcome to the "my post got it's ass handed to itself" list :)

I wish people wouldn't tee this up as somehow "progressive" versus "conservative" or liberal versus family values, or whatever. People across a wide spectrum of political views are getting educated about this issue and although they may differ on quite a range of other issues, this is so basic as to transcend normal political divisions.

Although I will admit, people who are liberal or progressive on many issues seem to have fallen into quicksand around allowing biological males access to female sex-segregated spaces. I think there's a huge element of discomfort with voicing their real concerns because the transadvocates have tied this to gay rights or to racial equality. So they're in the quandry of thinking, "Oh my, I'm not a bigot!" Or, more accurately, "Oh my, I don't want other people to THINK I'm a bigot." When, of course, it has nothing to do with bigotry in not wanting men in your daughter's shower facility.

I agree since millions on the right support equality and do not support bigoted discrimination just like millions on the left feel the same way. You just aren't one of them.

If I recall he was just diagnosed, so I imagine he was just starting treatment.
What "treatment" can a minor undergo in the U.S. outside of talk therapy? Yes, increasingly prepubescent children are being placed on puberty blockers, but he looks like the puberty boat has sailed for him. So he can't get genital surgery; can't get female hormones until he's 18.

What's appalling to me is that, yes, his declaration was recent, it's his last year in high school and they tried to accommodate him with his own facilities, but he DEMANDS access to the girl's spaces. The male privilege is off the charts. Funny, too, on those two articles I linked to, they said ~100 students walked out in protest of his nonsense, yet the photos and slant all focus on him with his claim that everyone hates him. Yeah, dude, it's all based on hate. No empathy whatsoever with the feelings of actual girls.

You want to force the vast majority of people to be uncomfortable in order to save a tiny minority from being uncomfortable. That is hypocrisy at its core.

You can't show that the vast majority is uncomfortable with going to the restroom next to someone in public who may or may not be the same sex as they are.

You can't show that the vast majority is uncomfortable with going to the restroom next to someone in public who may or may not be the same sex as they are.

Public Support For Transgender Bathrooms Twirls Down the Drain.

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...2-gG83Yl0nRm6OZSA&sig2=7tWfYpECHl1em-bwyqhP0A

Among those opposed to the transgender policy, 56% oppose

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...X7TjYabrQ&sig2=ZY3DWDPJ7PL-2ssnGCwiaQ&cad=rja

In summary, this post basically asserts that this is not an issue that divides opinion on political lines and then asserts how it is divided along political lines. Talk about confused!

In summary, this post basically asserts that this is not an issue that divides opinion on political lines and then asserts how it is divided along political lines. Talk about confused!

Some posts simply avoid talking about reality and things that are accurate when you can just make stuff up, argue against it, claim victory or play the victim.:lol:

No, what makes it hypocrisy is that then she follows it up with stating that people being uncomfortable doesn't matter. :lol:

What is stupid is that she says that men that are women should be able to use the women's bathroom because using the mens makes them uncomfortable and then says that women should not be uncomfortable when a man enters their bathroom...

No, what makes it hypocrisy is that then she follows it up with stating that people being uncomfortable doesn't matter. :lol:

The literal stupidity of that argument is mind boggling...

The irony in all this is that while some are actively demanding special rooms in public places to breastfeed a baby, all the rest of us, no matter what sex, should use the same restroom to pee, no matter who else is in there? :shock:
No irony. For the most part those wanting women to have a special room to breastfeed, i.e. not visible to the public, are also the ones pushing against trans going in the restroom of their gender identity.

Succinctly put. Unfortunately, in these forums you'll find lots of people (some who even claim to be women) who say this never happens, and if it does, so what? And, I kid you not, some will say, so what if your daughter sees some stranger's penis. Can you believe it?

Quote me one person who has said that a sexual assault has never occurred in a restroom. Don't claim who said it. Quote it.

Wrong. It's about people CLAIMING to be TG using that claim to give them access to locker rooms where they are allowed to freely ogle our daughters.

Of course you don't care about the trans man, formally a woman, ogling your son. At least that is the implication by the quoted statement.

Back
Top Bottom