• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

***The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics***

Will you watch the Tokyo Summer Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I almost forgot about that aspect ...

Yeah, I shoot with 34lbs myself, women probably with less.

But I only started last year and only moved out of beginner status yet.

But I could shoot and kill a small animal now that’s 30m away, if I wanted to.

When I started, I wasn’t even able to hit a squirrel 5m away ...
before my elbow blew out (moving a target butt that fell) I was shooting 45 pounds as a member of the Hoyt Pro staff. earlier in my career, when I shot for Sky and then Martin I was shooting almost 50 pounds. Now I shoot the new GILLO GT which is very soft and my damaged elbow will tolerate it-but only 34 pounds. I am no longer nationally competitive as a result

before my elbow blew out (moving a target butt that fell) I was shooting 45 pounds as a member of the Hoyt Pro staff. earlier in my career, when I shot for Sky and then Martin I was shooting almost 50 pounds. Now I shoot the new GILLO GT which is very soft and my damaged elbow will tolerate it-but only 34 pounds. I am no longer nationally competitive as a result

I should note that I have never aimed at a living animal.

Or even killed one.

We have forest courses with plastic animals to shoot at here.

I should note that I have never aimed at a living animal.

Or even killed one.

We have forest courses with plastic animals to shoot at here.
I used to bow hunt the plentiful-and often nuisance causing white tail deer in our area. Not anymore-I just never acquired a taste for venison so I don't hunt them. The birth of 3D archery (shooting the foam animals in the woods) started fairly near where I live, though the founding club no longer exists.

Oh christ, watching the opening ceremonies, the build up and hype and utter bullshit before the US team walks out....

This is why I hate the coverage of the Olympics. I would love to see a nation neutral coverage of the games. US coverage is so goddamned syrupy, so full of bullshit to try to get us to cheer like a bad movie. Just show the sports...and maybe...just maybe show the awards ceremony for teams that win other than the USA?

Each new Olympics, the coverage gets more stupid and more into the flag waving bullshit. I'd rather watch the Federated States of Micronesia march than this maudlin hero's buildup.

Each new Olympics, the coverage gets more stupid and more into the flag waving bullshit. I'd rather watch the Federated States of Micronesia march than this maudlin hero's buildup.

We Austrians had Lederhosen (leather pants) on ;)

1021493_bigpicture_360901_olympia_tokio_2021_eroeffnungsfeier_gal12_afp.jpg

We Austrians had Lederhosen (leather pants) on ;)

1021493_bigpicture_360901_olympia_tokio_2021_eroeffnungsfeier_gal12_afp.jpg
Tonga still has the best flag bearer, I missed that, and most of the countries. But, the Olympics really has lost a lot for me. I will try to watch skateboarding though. I am damned sick of gymnastics and swimming. US networks always have to find a new hero, and go into endless saccharine stories about how little XX is competing after her uncle died in a thresher accident, etc...

Some thing to remember:

Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of New York,
Everybody and every place is a long way ahead of New York .

Except for the dead old people they murdered .They are a long way down .

Last edited:
Wow.... Saudi Arabia has a female and male flag bearer... boy times has changed.

But damn there are so many "non-nations." They need to stop places like the Caymans, American Samoa and British Virgin Islands from competing. Let those athletes joining their colonial nation for God's sake.

So you want people who are not technically Americans to march behind the U.S. flag?

Swimmer Felix Auböck could have a chance at the Gold medal tomorrow.

He made it into the Final of the last 8, with the 2nd fastest time behind a German.

But the gap is not big, just 0.25 seconds.

So you want people who are not technically Americans to march behind the U.S. flag?

They are "technically" American.. maybe not citizens, but that is Americas fault. American Samoa is a colony of the US, not a country.

They are "technically" American. Maybe not citizens, but that is America's fault. American Samoa is a colony of the US, not a country.

They are called Samoans, not Americans. To be called an American you have to be a citizen.

He made it into the Final of the last 8, with the 2nd fastest time behind a German.

All big Ten selection from Michigan University.

faded in the end-Tunisia wins. USA gets third in the one men's event the USA did not medal in at the 2016 games. Two events the USA Men's swimming team has one gold, one silver and now a bronze in this event

Medal count table that shows how many gold, silver, and bronze medals were won by each competing nation and territory:

So awesome, mathematician Dr. Anna Kiesenhofer wins Gold:

Austria's Anna Kiesenhofer wins shock cycling gold in women's road race​

full.jpg

Anna Kiesenhofer of Austria produced the performance of a lifetime to win the women's cycling individual road race. The 30-year-old cyclist was in a race of her own at the front, coming home in a time of 3:52:45.

By the final stretch of a gruelling 147km, Kiesenhofer was leading by over two minutes, with the chasing pack seemingly unaware she was out in front. Her face was filled with emotion as she crossed the line, a minute and 15 seconds ahead of silver medallist Van Vleuten, with Italy's Borghini a further 14 seconds back.

The Dutch rider Van Vleuten broke into tears of joy as she finished the race in 3:54.00, before realising that Kiesenhofer had won gold. However, the day belonged to Kiesenhofer who can now call herself Olympic champion.

First Gold medal for Austria in cycling in 125 years.

👏👏👏👏😍👏👏👏👏

They are called Samoans, not Americans. To be called an American you have to be a citizen.

No.. Samoans are called Samoans because they are from the country of Samoa... a sovereign nation in the Pacific.

American Samoa is a colony of the USA, and hence any athletes from this island should be in the US team. Just as any athletes from Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands, and so on and so on, should all be with their colonial nation, and not as a "country", because they are not.

full.jpg

First Gold medal for Austria in cycling in 125 years.

👏👏👏👏😍👏👏👏👏
first medal since 04 IIRC. might make up for the swimmer's failure recently

There have already been upsets. The Olympics most people did not want to happen are actually exciting for some sports fans.

There have already been upsets. The Olympics most people did not want to happen are actually exciting for some sports fans.
I don't know many people who did not want the games to happen.

First medal for Denmark in shooting. Gold to Korea in archery and damn they were good. Watching female skateboarders at the moment..

Gold for a 13 year old Japanese girl and silver to 13 year old Brazilian and bronze to a 16 year old Japanese girl.

At one point it was kinda funny, as 1 and 2nd place was held by 2 x 13 year olds, and 3rd was held by a 34 year old American... Talk about age differences!

Can't believe her victory, this is one of those rare races which completely throws the rule-book out the window.

We got our first with Adam Peaty, what a BEAST that guy is.

1330370596.jpg

Back
Top Bottom