• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The terrorists in Iraq have to love what the democratics are doing.

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well its starting.........Rumblings of cut and run in Iraq for the democrats just like it started in Nam.........The terrorists have to love it.......The knew the left in this country would lose the stomach for the fight and start whinning about cutting and running..........

There is a major difference now though........We have a president who does not govern by polls..........He will not bow to the left.........

Thank God for that...............
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
Well its starting.........Rumblings of cut and run in Iraq for the democrats just like it started in Nam.........The terrorists have to love it.......The knew the left in this country would lose the stomach for the fight and start whinning about cutting and running..........

There is a major difference now though........We have a president who does not govern by polls..........He will not bow to the left.........

Thank God for that...............
And he will suffer tremendously from this, as will the republicans who are running for re-election next year.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
And he will suffer tremendously from this, as will the republicans who are running for re-election next year.

Seems like I heard that rhetoric prior to the 2004 presidential election to......We shall see but you know the terrorists have to love our doubters but they underestimate the will of this president........

The House of Representatives is going to have a vote on a cut and run position......we shall see if the dems will put up or shut up on withdrawal......
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
Seems like I heard that rhetoric prior to the 2004 presidential election to......We shall see but you know the terrorists have to love our doubters but they underestimate the will of this president.........
How do you know that they will love the doubters? Maybe our leaving will cause them to leave.

You heard that rhetoric prior to the 2004 election? As I recall, the majority of Americans supported the war in Iraq at that time, and Bush's poll ratings were very good. It's amazing what can happen in one to two years.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
How do you know that they will love the doubters? Maybe our leaving will cause them to leave.

You heard that rhetoric prior to the 2004 election? As I recall, the majority of Americans supported the war in Iraq at that time, and Bush's poll ratings were very good. It's amazing what can happen in one to two years.
I don't know how old you are and if you remember what happened when we cut and run in Nam.......Millions of Vietnamese loyal to the U.S. were murdered as well as millions of Cambodians.....We can't take that chance in Iraq.....I doubt very seriously if the Bathists and the terrorists would pull out....Do you want to release Saddam to and put him back in power? That is what the Bathists will do if we leave.......

I disagree on the president's approval rating prior to the 2004 election.I can remember his rating was in the mid-forties and the left wing media was full of glee because no president has ever been reelected with and approval rating of below 50%....
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
22,807
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Fayettenam
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I doubt they liked it as much as they liked the ill-treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib and the WH's opposition to only treating US detainees humanely. Those two have to be helpful recruiting tools.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
I doubt they liked it as much as they liked the ill-treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib and the WH's opposition to only treating US detainees humanely. Those two have to be helpful recruiting tools.
What's that definition of "strawman" again?...:2wave:
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
I doubt they liked it as much as they liked the ill-treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib and the WH's opposition to only treating US detainees humanely. Those two have to be helpful recruiting tools.
When you have 150,000 men in Iraq you are always going to have a few that don't obey the rules................

I have heard the president say a 100 times that we don't condone torture.....That is just a talking point of the NY Times and you.....If you say it enough people will believe it.........

Say what you want but the terrorists in Iraq know they can't defeat us on the battlefield but they know what happened in Nam and they know they think if they hold out long enough that with the help of the left in this country we will lose the will to fight and history will repeat itself......

Like I said though they have underestimated the will of this president big time......
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
I don't know how old you are and if you remember what happened when we cut and run in Nam.......Millions of Vietnamese loyal to the U.S. were murdered as well as millions of Cambodians.....We can't take that chance in Iraq.....I doubt very seriously if the Bathists and the terrorists would pull out....Do you want to release Saddam to and put him back in power? That is what the Bathists will do if we leave.......

I disagree on the president's approval rating prior to the 2004 election.I can remember his rating was in the mid-forties and the left wing media was full of glee because no president has ever been reelected with and approval rating of below 50%....
LOL Well, Navy Pride, I was born in 1968, so I was too young to know what happened back then.

Really? Bush's approval rating was that low back then? I didn't remember that.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
LOL Well, Navy Pride, I was born in 1968, so I was too young to know what happened back then.

Really? Bush's approval rating was that low back then? I didn't remember that.
I remember it becasuse I was worried that Kerry might win, especially after the last debate...............
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
22,807
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Fayettenam
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
cnredd said:
What's that definition of "strawman" again?...
It's putting an argument in someone else's mouth.
What of it?
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
Well its starting.........Rumblings of cut and run in Iraq for the democrats just like it started in Nam.........The terrorists have to love it.......The knew the left in this country would lose the stomach for the fight and start whinning about cutting and running..........

There is a major difference now though........We have a president who does not govern by polls..........He will not bow to the left.........

Thank God for that...............
You are right again NP. I am sure Bin Laden is thrilled, this mistaken war in Iraq is more than he could have dreamed for when he hit us on 9/11. It is embarrising how the Bush administration has so stupidly played right into his plans.
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Simon W. Moon said:
I doubt they liked it as much as they liked the ill-treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib and the WH's opposition to only treating US detainees humanely. Those two have to be helpful recruiting tools.
Good point. I doubt we could have done more to help bin Laden's goals if he had sent it to us in a memo. Bin Laden's too smart for that, and knows how to push the right buttons to achieve his goals.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
You are right again NP. I am sure Bin Laden is thrilled, this mistaken war in Iraq is more than he could have dreamed for when he hit us on 9/11. It is embarrising how the Bush administration has so stupidly played right into his plans.
I am sure he is much more pleased with people like you who have no stomach for completely the mission there and want to cut and run.............The cowardly democrats in the HOR want the same thing but don't have the courage to put it in writing with their vote and evidenced last night when our 2 dems had the courage to vote to pull out of Iraq.........


When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........

This president would rather fight the terrorists in the Streets of Baghdad then in the streets of your town Miami...........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
Good point. I doubt we could have done more to help bin Laden's goals if he had sent it to us in a memo. Bin Laden's too smart for that, and knows how to push the right buttons to achieve his goals.
I will never understand why you lefties hate our military so much....
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
I will never understand why you lefties hate our military so much....
I will never understand why you righties hate our civilians so much....
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
I will never understand why you righties hate our civilians so much....
Thats and easy one because left wingers hate this president and this country and want us to fail in every endeavor even if it means casualties to our brave servicemen in Iraq..........
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
I am sure he is much more pleased with people like you who have no stomach for completely the mission there and want to cut and run.............The cowardly democrats in the HOR want the same thing but don't have the courage to put it in writing with their vote and evidenced last night when our 2 dems had the courage to vote to pull out of Iraq.........
Do you think bin Laden wants us to stop the war? He wants war. He is a war-monger, just like you. I'm sure you two would get along great together, having a great time planning the all-out war between the Christians and the Muslems.

When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........
We had one attack in this country one month after Clinton took office. Teh perpetrators were arrested, tried, proved guilty, convicted, and are rotting in jail.

Please identify the other attacks in this country that happend "all the time" during Clinton's tenure as you assert.

This president would rather fight the terrorists in the Streets of Baghdad then in the streets of your town Miami...........
I'm sure the Iraqis really appreciate that part of the plan. Use their country to fight terrorists, let their people and buildings get blown up. No wonder they love us so much over there. Another brilliant neocon strategy.
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
Thats and easy one because left wingers hate this president and this country and want us to fail in every endeavor even if it means casualties to our brave servicemen in Iraq..........
Thanks. That explains it.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
Do you think bin Laden wants us to stop the war? He wants war. He is a war-monger, just like you. I'm sure you two would get along great together, having a great time planning the all-out war between the Christians and the Muslems.



We had one attack in this country one month after Clinton took office. Teh perpetrators were arrested, tried, proved guilty, convicted, and are rotting in jail.

Please identify the other attacks in this country that happend "all the time" during Clinton's tenure as you assert.



I'm sure the Iraqis really appreciate that part of the plan. Use their country to fight terrorists, let their people and buildings get blown up. No wonder they love us so much over there. Another brilliant neocon strategy.
1. Are you that naive that you think Bin Laden does not want us to cut and run in Iraq so he can claim victory there?

2. The USS COLE and the Kohbar Towers come to mind........Oh wait those were just military people that died........Since you on the left have disdain for our military their deaths don't count.......

3. The Iraqis have voted for a government......That Government wants us to stay there until we finish the job no matter how much you leftys bellyache about it..........
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
1. Are you that naive that you think Bin Laden does not want us to cut and run in Iraq so he can claim victory there?
Why would he want us to withdraw? How would that serve his goals? With US forces there, antagonizing the muslems and Iraqis who don't want us in their country, he has an ongoing propogand and recruitment tool. He and his supporters can argue the US only wants to dominate and control the muslems, because we won't even say when we are leaving. He and his supporters can show how American bombs and bullets are killing Muslems. And everytime someone dies, there is a good chance he gets a new brother or dad or son who wants revenge as a recruit. Plus, Iraq is a good way to keep killing and injuring the infidels, and serves as and excellent training ground for terrorists.

Why on earth would he want to lose that?

Of course, when we do withdraw, he and his supporters will claim victory. But that is the consequence of this ill thought out invasion by our leader.

2. The USS COLE and the Kohbar Towers come to mind........Oh wait those were just military people that died........Since you on the left have disdain for our military their deaths don't count.......
Those did not happen in this country. Your assertion [#14]:

When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........

Again what attacks happened "all the time" in this country under Clinton as you claimed?

3. The Iraqis have voted for a government......That Government wants us to stay there until we finish the job no matter how much you leftys bellyache about it..........
Of course they do. They know what would happen if our troops weren't their to support them.
 

mikeey

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
776
Reaction score
93
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well Navy M8, we should just pick up all the Iraq men and gas the bastards
and if the females start as well gas these ****s 2.So start rounding them up now and we should manage to complete the job by spring.If Iran wants to play games as well, just ****ing Blitz that bucket of shite of a country and people and anyone who stands in our way.

SO LETS ROLL

AND dont **** about

regards mikeey
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
Why would he want us to withdraw? How would that serve his goals? With US forces there, antagonizing the muslems and Iraqis who don't want us in their country, he has an ongoing propogand and recruitment tool. He and his supporters can argue the US only wants to dominate and control the muslems, because we won't even say when we are leaving. He and his supporters can show how American bombs and bullets are killing Muslems. And everytime someone dies, there is a good chance he gets a new brother or dad or son who wants revenge as a recruit. Plus, Iraq is a good way to keep killing and injuring the infidels, and serves as and excellent training ground for terrorists.

Why on earth would he want to lose that?

Of course, when we do withdraw, he and his supporters will claim victory. But that is the consequence of this ill thought out invasion by our leader.



Those did not happen in this country. Your assertion [#14]:

When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........

Again what attacks happened "all the time" in this country under Clinton as you claimed?



Of course they do. They know what would happen if our troops weren't their to support them.

Boy you really have no clue what your talking about........In your first paragraph you say the Iraqis don't want us there..In your last one you say they do.......

I have a clue for you......Our guys in Iraq are the good guys.....They are trying to help the Iraqi people even though people like you put them down and seem to think they are the problem.......Our troops are not occupiers...They are not nation building.......Occupiers and countries that nation build don't leave the country......We will leave as soon as the Iraqi security people can handle the situation or if the elected Iraqi government asks us to leave............
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
Boy you really have no clue what your talking about........In your first paragraph you say the Iraqis don't want us there..In your last one you say they do.......
The US supported Iraqi government wants us there. The warlords we are employering by arming and training their soldiers probably want us there, at least until they feel ready to make a power grab. Obviously a lot of others don't. Most polls show most Iraqis want US troops out.

Your assertion: When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........

My challenge: What attacks happened "all the time" in this country under Clinton as you claimed?

Your response:



Are you a well trained righty who will never admit a mistake, just like our president?
 
Last edited:

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Iriemon said:
The US supported Iraqi government wants us there. The warlords we are employering by arming and training their soldiers probably want us there, at least until they feel ready to make a power grab. Obviously a lot of others don't. Most polls show most Iraqis want US troops out.

Your assertion: When we were hit on 9/11/01 by your friend Bin Laden I would have bet any amount of money that we would have many more terrorist attacks but in almost 4 years we have had none in this country......Under your hero Clinton we had them all the time...........

My challenge: What attacks happened "all the time" in this country under Clinton as you claimed?

Your response:



Are you a well trained righty who will never admit a mistake, just like our president?

What polls? Are you referring to polls that ignore other questions? The one's that ask "when" do they want us out? Probably. I understand why you refrain from those types of polls. It creates your illusion that they want us out right now.

People are stupid no matter what nationality they are. Americans think that if we leave Iraq and capture Bin ladden then they will be safe and all will be well. Iraqi's think that if we leave, the insurgency and the fractured Sunni will end all violence in their country, the insurgency will leave, and their new democracy will take care of itself.

All you have to do is ask your self what creates Islamic extremism. After you are finished telling yourself all of the simplistic BS answers you have been told by other ignorant people that look to blame themselves rather than antagonize the terrorists, study the region. Our future generations will forever be victims of Islamic terrorism as long as this civilization does not change and join us in the 21st century.
 
Top Bottom