• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The superiority of science in the USSR. [W:101]

Moderator's Warning:
Let's stick to the topic, which is not attacking each other.

Reagan shattered the CCCP financially. They are a better nation now for it. Still dismal for many over there, but a better system than in the past.

God, this is a stupid rightwing myth. And here you are still repeating it. The USSR evolved into something like a democratic republic (something like it) because of the many successes of the Soviet system, mostly educating its people and modernizing the economy. It's what's happening in China right now, and Cuba. The communist form of leadership becomes obsolete after it modernizes the society.

Reagan had nothing to do with it. He was a boob.

No Darwin believed in acquired characteristics, The descent of man. Read the beginning...

*laughs*

No, I think I've reached the appropriate conclusion. No need to look for additional supporting documentation. The evidence is rather substantial, and irrevocable.

Well, its fine you bring that up. However I was talking about how a culture imbedded with a marxist ideology and how it produced good science.

Marxism has nothing to do with producing 'good science'. Scientific achievement is advanced by an educated populace and sufficient incentive. In the US, the incentive is money and recognition, in the USSR, the incentive was not getting tortured by state police.

Also, could you tell us which particular part of Marxist theory plays a role in producing 'good science', with quotes from his works if you could.

Im not a war mongol... I am interested in science that has social significance.

Not such great scientists if they had to steal the science.
Atomic energy has social significance, though Marxist Russia screwed that up with Chernobyl.
All Marxists are war mongers it is only through war they can spread their ideology.

Like I said do you have anything to say. TRolling.

So you cannot refute what I say you claim I am trolling?
You haven't provided any evidence of your supposed superior Marxist science and I have provided verifiable proof of inferior Marxist science
Who is the real troll?

Do you not know that marxism is not only about economy. Probably not.....

Read, my first post.If you don't care about science. Then this thread isn't for you.

Then this thread isn't for you either.

The OP is ridiculous.

Lysenko was a major Russian biologist that held biological research back in the USSR for decades. He was the pinnacle of USSR science, and he was HORRIBLE. He held back agricultural productivity tremendously.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

Most of the rest is garbage too. Geology and plate tectonics weren't accepted for decades. USSR scientists could rarely leave the country to have conferences with other scientists, and their medicine was second rate at best. I can't think of one drug they ever came out of a soviet lab. Not one.

The OP is seriously flawed.

For god's sake, the chromosome theory of heredity wasn't even officially supported until the 60's.

The OP is seriously flawed.

For god's sake, the chromosome theory of heredity wasn't even officially supported until the 60's.

So flawed that I could not go passed the first paragraph even! See the post above where I clarify hist stance! So many flaws in few lines it was amazing!

See post 74.

Last edited:
Superior or not as a whole, they did have several achievements before we did.

Ah yes, Mother Russia! An intellectual utopia! Here are some Russian physicists studying the effects of gravity.

*laughs*

only because the russians were interested in space, and thought they would control the world..

Oh FFS, only someone so married to a twisted ideology could think for one second that the Russians are scientifically superior.

Chernobyl ? And remember the Fox Bat 50 ? Back in the 80s the Russians built a fighter that was faster than any known fighter, hell they even made movies about it.

Well American scientist wondered how they could have produced a plane with that kind of power. Right up until one of their pilots hopped in one and defected to the US.

It was a hunk of junk, made out of steel with a massive turbo-jet engine in it.

You know what the Russians did to stop the SR-71 Blackbird ? NOTHING ...LOL !!

Well I take that back, they built mock installations because their SCIENTIST couldn't figure out how to get a missle or aircraft up to its cruising altitude.

You have NO IDEA what kind of technology we possess, what our military possesses, things we won't know about for another 20 years.

Lol...what a ridiculous thread.

Back
Top Bottom