• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The slurs and texts of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers reflect the persistent racism in our society

Not inherently, IMO.

To be fair, he may actually believe that they are equal words.

That said, when those the word affects tell you that they arent equal, it would stand to reason some respect would be given to thier argument.
Aren’t we yet at the point where grownups don’t have an acceptable excuse for not knowing the difference?

Maybe not. If not, that saddens me.

As bad as you want them to be, nigger and nigga are not the same word.

Huh? "As bad as I want them to be"? BWAHAHAHA, buddy I dont give a flying **** one way or the other.

I just think its bizarre, the way some folks will go to splitting hairs when it comes to this NONSENSE.

White people cant say it, but black people can. Elvis swinging his hips is roughly about the same as "rapping" about shooting cops and killing people and robbing banks...derp OK! Do you think any reasonable person is actually going to buy that Bullseye? Thats going to be a tough sell among any reasoned crowd.

Some see the glass half empty . Some see it half full. I'm in the latter half.
When I was growing the n word was used routinely.
Now , it rarely ever used in polite company.
OF course the half empty folks focus on the negative incidents like this one.
But that's for political reasons ;they know they need to pander foe that all important black vote( Vote Dems! the systems' all racist!!! they'll fix it!! Republicans are all racists!!)

Moronic racists come in all skin colors. ;)

Im sure you will note that my mans "job" is walking up and down the streets spewing this garbage, right?

Hes NOT responsible for policing ANYTHING, nor does he carry a gun for the prosecution of his duties. The same cant be said for people like the McMichaels, now can it?

If you cant even see that difference, then you may as well bow out of the conversation.

They were great, one of my favorite rap groups ever. They were way ahead of their time regarding the institution of police, that's for sure.

All criminals would agree with that AOC. Thank you for that.(y)

Im sure you will note that my mans "job" is walking up and down the streets spewing this garbage, right?

Hes NOT responsible for policing ANYTHING, nor does he carry a gun for the prosecution of his duties. The same cant be said for people like the McMichaels, now can it?

If you cant even see that difference, then you may as well bow out of the conversation.
Sharpton never carried a gun on him, but he got people hurt and killed.

It's people like you who never look past the end of your own noses that are the real problem.

Some see the glass half empty . Some see it half full. I'm in the latter half.
When I was growing the n word was used routinely.
Now , it rarely ever used in polite company.
OF course the half empty folks focus on the negative incidents like this one.
But that's for political reasons ;they know they need to pander foe that all important black vote( Vote Dems! the systems' all racist!!! they'll fix it!! Republicans are all racists!!)

That is because at least one of those men was a part of law enforcement. You really gonna try to sell the idea he was alone in his beliefs? Good luck getting that lead balloon to float.

If people like this drove trash trucks or checked groceries, it wouldnt be as bad...the problem is that when this "not in polite company" shit eventually comes out, it seems to always be from someone who has for years had the ability to disproportionately affect those they feel are beneath them.

By definition, a system that caters to and protects racists IS racist.

That is because at least one of those men was a part of law enforcement. You really gonna try to sell the idea he was alone in his beliefs?
YEs- he was the only one. Nobody else thinks like that.( SMH)

Grotesque. I lived in small cities in the South for over 25 years, including the Brunswick, GA area, and this is not the least bit surprising to me.
Me neither. I worked with people all over the south - MS - TX and KY mostly. The scary thing is - the racists I met and had to work with were all college educated. You don't need to be toothless and ignorant to be a bigot.

I liked NWA, but Public Enemy was better.

I like them a lot too. I recently listened again to it takes a nation start to finish. That's my favorite album from them. I'm lucky that I can listen to music as I work all day.

But NWA really only had one album, (that included both ice cube and ren) so it's not a fair comparison to a group that had over ten. NWA is like Blind Faith in that respect, where you had a group of super talented guys that didn't put out that much music, but what they did put out was great.

All criminals would agree with that AOC.

Probably not. Criminals (like cops) tend to be low IQ individuals. What's awesome about the song (FtP) is not the profanity towards towards cops, but the rejection of their legitimacy. I was a libertarian even as a teenager, and I remember the first time I heard it and thinking "HOLY SHIT!" these guys are seriously anti state.

Read this entire article, if you dare, to see just how casually the n-word is still used “behind closed doors” even today.

“In January 2019, Travis McMichael was making plans to meet a friend identified as N.J. at a Cracker Barrel. When N.J. arrived first at the restaurant, he texted McMichael that a number of Black people were there. McMichael texted back: “Need to change the name from Cracker Barrel to [n-word] Bucket.”

Two months later, Travis McMichael was texting with someone else, identified only as H.B., who complained that while bar-hopping the previous evening he had encountered too many Black people. “Zero [n-word] work with me,” McMichael replied, apparently referring to his job. “They ruin everything. That’s why I love what I do now. Not a [n-word] in sight.”

Another text exchange involving Travis McMichael included a photo of a disabled man wearing a T-shirt that said “At least I’m not a [n-word].” And in his social media accounts, FBI analysts — who unearthed this cornucopia of racism — found a video clip of a Black child dancing that had been overdubbed with a racist song titled “Alabama [n-word].”

"Our society" is not defined by what the worst people in it think.

Probably not. Criminals (like cops) tend to be low IQ individuals. What's awesome about the song (FtP) is not the profanity towards towards cops, but the rejection of their legitimacy. I was a libertarian even as a teenager, and I remember the first time I heard it and thinking "HOLY SHIT!" these guys are seriously anti state.

*chuckle*

I'm sort of speechless actually.

But I'm glad you identified with and idolized NWA as a role model for philosophy in life BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sweet ****ing christ. -smdh-:LOL::ROFLMAO:🤡🤡

Well Ice Cube wasn't a gangster either. He was a high school kid that wrote about what he saw in his neighborhood. He was rejecting being ****ed with constantly.

Just as I expected. Not a single right-winger/Republican sulking to make even the simple statement of “I condemn the racist verbiage as cited in this article. No surprise at all there.

No comparison. It's different when a black person uses it which BTW ends in an a not er. White people should never use it

Please note the way it is spelled in NWA
You went right down his rabbit hole.

Yeah you do. If a black person says it you'll let it go "unanswered".

You just said so yourself. You think blacks have enhanced rights and privileges. You want black privilege.
Stop ****en snipping my posts. You take what I said out of context. This is the second time you have done this.

My complete response was: It is sad. I have heard it used more times in front of me than I'd like to recall. I do not allow it to go unanswered though :(

I just used this example in another thread about the evils of black people's music.

Is that supposed to be an argument? A cute reply?

It's certainly not an example of calling for violence against police.

Is that supposed to be an argument? A cute reply?

It's certainly not an example of calling for violence against police.
It's an example of a song glorifying violence against the police.

I suspect you realize that because of the way you very carefully worded your response.

Back
Top Bottom