• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The slurs and texts of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers reflect the persistent racism in our society

IANAL but my understanding of the law is that it's not sufficient to show that they're racist (which they absolutely are); the prosecution has to show that they committed a violent offense because they are racist.
Well, based on how their other trial went, I think they've got it. Don't you? No one bought the concerned community member story there, either.

No.

I personally do not use racial slurs. I think its ignorant to talk like that.

But you obviously "support" racial slurs....sometimes. Right?

One is a racial racial slur. The other one is not.

As soon as you figure that out, you will understand the fallacy of your point.

See, the problem is that for your point to be anywhere near accurate, it requires that society see those two words as equal when they are anything but.

I'll bet money that I can't submit a song or video to any platform entitled, "Kill all the' White Bitches".

Didnt your previous link kinda blow that thought process to shit?

Just in it to self own today?

It's also widely accepted that blacks can rap about sexually assaulting women and killing police officers.

It's even featured on Spotify and Apple Music. Here's a Youtube of Apache - Kill D'White People

As it stands, blacks can talk about killing anyone they want. Even on social media and publicly available consumables.

I personally do not use racial slurs. I think its ignorant to talk like that.
“Ignorant” is an excuse word. Racially motivated hate language isn’t “ignorant”. Not knowing your ABC’s is ignorant. Hateful racist language, like that spewed from the mouths of the McMichael’s is wrong, period. Always has been.

It comes from weak minded, irrational distrust and fear of those not like themselves.
But you obviously "support" racial slurs....sometimes. Right?
Personally, I find the use of racial slurs by minorities, repugnant. I understand, as best as an old white guy can, many minorities that repeat such disgusting language believe it is a way of taking ownership of the words, lessening their power to instantly invoke anger and provoke violence.

Maybe they’re right. I don’t have to agree though.

I'll bet money that I can't submit a song or video to any platform entitled, "Kill all the' White Bitches".
So, back to the thread topic.

Do you support middle-aged white men using the word "n****er" even in supposedly private conversations?

I just used this example in another thread about the evils of black people's music.

Do you support middle-aged white men using the word "n****er" even in supposedly private conversations?

Personally, I would prefer my racists be open and honest about it, so not in private conversation. If thats how you feel, holler it out on a street corner when you see me.

As Kevin Harts crazy uncle put it, "Say it wit yo chest."

What Im not good with is people smiling in my face and calling me that behind my back.....then our "relationship", insofar as it goes, is based on something false.

I just used this example in another thread about the evils of black people's music.

Well theres your mistake....you chose someone who is merely underpigmented....

Eric Clapton is a brotha at heart, my dude....lol

The n-word isn't as sick as his comments about not working with 'them,' etc. Very negative attitude, beyond use of a word that I'm sure still gets used in the south without even thinking about it.

The n-word isn't as sick as his comments about not working with 'them,' etc. Very negative attitude, beyond use of a word that I'm sure still gets used in the south without even thinking about it.
Only among known fellow racists.

Both are so predictable when it comes to their victimhood as regards race,

Very ironic comment right there IMO Watsup. VERY ironic indeed.

As bad as you want them to be, nigger and nigga are not the same word.

When you base any argument on the idea that they are, you are automatically arguing from a position of ignorance.
A position of dishonesty, IMO.

A position of dishonesty, IMO.
Not inherently, IMO.

To be fair, he may actually believe that they are equal words.

That said, when those the word affects tell you that they arent equal, it would stand to reason some respect would be given to thier argument.

Back
Top Bottom