• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Return of Hunter Biden's Laptop

Hunter, Hunter, Hunter.
That's a priceless beginning to a comment in a thread you started - about........HUNTER. OMG, that's funny!

His foreign employers.

The ex-president of Poland is much more powerful than Hunter Biden. Let's assume his intentions are malevolent as well.

Whether an employer thought he was gaining access, indeed, whether Hunter promised access is irrelevant to the fact that there is no evidence of access. Indeed, there is no evidence at all. There is rumor. What I linked above is actual evidence.

You're mischaracterizing what Joe Biden said to protect your point. Joe said "I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings." Not just Ukraine, NEVER spoke to him about overseas business dealings. Read what you put in Post #1 of this thread and tell me if you believe what Joe Biden said.
No, I'm not. There is no evidence that Joe knew the specifics about what Hunter was trying to rope him into.

Hunter - So, Dad, there is this business deal in Ukraine that I want to talk to you about.

Joe - No.

Do you see a lie there? I do not.

I know generally about my adult kids' lives but would never profess to know the specifics. It was common knowledge that Hunter had dealings in Ukraine, are you saying Joe lied because he didn't know exactly what Hunter was doing?

Nope, I’m saying that Joe denying that he was aware of the “common knowledge” of Hunter’s business activity in foreign companies is a lie. Joe went so far as to deny that he knew of Hunter’s business associates and/or partners despite having met them and corresponded with them on multiple occasions.

Last edited:
No, I'm not. There is no evidence that Joe knew the specifics about what Hunter was trying to rope him into.

Let me put on my Trumpian apologist's hat. Maybe that will allow the nuances to become more clear.

Hunter - So, Dad, there is this business deal in Ukraine that I want to talk to you about.

Joe - No.

Do you see a lie there? I do not.
Again, mischaracterizing. Who said anything about specifics? He said “NEVER” which was an asinine misstep. You’re admitting that he lied while simultaneously claiming he didn’t.

That's a priceless beginning to a comment in a thread you started - about........HUNTER. OMG, that's funny!
I can see the irony was lost on you.

If the emails are a smoking gun pointed at Joe, why didn't Trump associates do anything about it when Rudy's lawyer received the laptop materials in the summer of 2020?

That is just the old "have you stopped beating your wife" accusation. I have seen no testimony that Biden lied. Only talk radio speculation and inuendo.

You’re just being a one horse pony. ;)

Again, mischaracterizing. Who said anything about specifics? He said “NEVER” which was an asinine misstep. You’re admitting that he lied while simultaneously claiming he didn’t.
No, I'm not. I am speculating as are you.

It is so interesting that Trump apologists are not tuning in to the irony.

This seems to be a fair take on the laptop kerfuffle. Conservatives are mad because the MSM didn't make a big deal about it. And, in a nutshell, Hunter is a mess but there are no smoking guns pointing at Joe.

------------------

There were two supposed “smoking guns” about Joe Biden that conservatives touted in the materials. The first was an email the Post called a “blockbuster,” in which an executive at the Ukrainian gas company Burisma thanked Hunter for the “opportunity to meet your father” in 2015. If you’re steeped in Trumpworld lore, this was damning because of the theory that Biden had the corrupt prosecutor general of Ukraine fired to benefit Burisma, and Biden had said he knew nothing about Hunter’s Ukrainian work, but look, a meeting! (Apparently, it was a dinner at Cafe Milano that Hunter had organized, with about a dozen people.) This appears to amount to Vice President Biden seemingly going to one dinner.

The second involved a business venture that Hunter tried to set up with a Chinese energy tycoon in 2017 (after Joe Biden was no longer vice president). One email mentions that the equity split would include “10 held by H for the big guy ?” A former business partner of Hunter’s named Tony Bobulinski came forward to claim “the big guy” was Joe Biden. But a subsequent email from Hunter says his “Chairman” gave him “an emphatic no,” and a further email clarifies that the chairman is his dad. So this amounts to Joe Biden apparently refusing some deal Hunter tried to enmesh him in.

All of this was indeed covered in the press in October 2020 (I wrote about it at the time). So the real objection from conservatives is that they didn’t get the narrative they liked out of the mainstream media.

Hunter’s emails contained a whole lot of embarrassing and arguably newsworthy material about himself, and the shady foreign business interests of the son of the potential next president are certainly a worthy topic of media coverage. But as for the Biden who was actually on the ballot, there was very little from him personally in those messages (other than an exchange where he comforts his despondent, drug-addicted son). The emails didn’t dominate mainstream media because, at least so far, they didn’t have the goods.

I feel like 250 or so pages of Debatepolitics postings had pretty much already established this.

Oh, and then Hunter Biden sells his art for $500K to confidential buyers when he has to pay back taxes? OK...please tell me no one is stupid enough not to know that selling art is a classic money laundering/fund transfer scheme and that someone out there was just paying off...I mean, uh..."buying his art" to take care of that tax problem issue.
Really...

Trump used charitable funds and a fake bidder to buy a portrait of himself. Here’s how the art market makes that possible.​

You’re just being a one horse pony. ;)
Are you using Biden's malapropism as evidence for or against his knowledge of Hunter's business affairs?

The ex-president of Poland is much more powerful than Hunter Biden. Let's assume his intentions are malevolent as well.

Whether an employer thought he was gaining access, indeed, whether Hunter promised access is irrelevant to the fact that there is no evidence of access. Indeed, there is no evidence at all. There is rumor. What I linked above is actual evidence.

It was not coincidence that US ‘energy independence’ funding to Ukraine found it’s way to a company with Hunter Biden on its board.

But the company, Burisma Holdings, did not disclose at the time the scope of their plans for influencing the U.S. government. Recently released documents show that Biden’s hiring coincided with the launch of a new effort to lobby members of Congress about the role of the company in Ukraine and the country’s quest for energy independence.

No, I'm not. I am speculating as are you.

It is so interesting that Trump apologists are not tuning in to the irony.
To quote joe, come on man! Even after writing that on at least one occasion joe did talk to hunter about an overseas business deal you’re still going with “never” not being a lie?

Are you using Biden's malapropism as evidence for or against his knowledge of Hunter's business affairs?

Yes. Biden has repeatedly denied meeting or conversing with Hunter‘s foreign business associates, despite clear evidence to the contrary. How hard would it have been for Joe Biden to simply say that he was somewhat aware of, yet not directly involved with, some of Hunter’s various foreign business deals?

I amazes me how easily duped by a few emails taken totally out of context and deliberately spun in such a way as to impact Biden negatively during the last days of the election. Their eagerness to be spoon fed crap and intellectual laziness in questioning that crap is mind boggling but then again thing Trump is worthy of the WH.......you can't fix stupid.

Last edited:
It was not coincidence that US ‘energy independence’ funding to Ukraine found it’s way to a company with Hunter Biden on its board.

What's your point? Hiring Biden in a plan to lobby Congress isn't illegal. Joe Biden wasn't in Congress.

Lobbying does not mean corrupt, and there's no evidence linking this to Joe Biden. It's nothing.

Did you read the article I linked?

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Aleksander Kwasniewski, a former Polish president who is on the board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, said Thursday that Hunter Biden was indeed chosen to join its advisory board because of his name. He said that is simply how the world of business works.

What's your point? Hiring Biden in a plan to lobby Congress isn't illegal. Joe Biden wasn't in Congress.

Lobbying does not mean corrupt, and there's no evidence linking this to Joe Biden. It's nothing.

Did you read the article I linked?

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Aleksander Kwasniewski, a former Polish president who is on the board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, said Thursday that Hunter Biden was indeed chosen to join its advisory board because of his name. He said that is simply how the world of business works.

OK, so why does Joe Biden continue to deny that he was aware of Hunter’s business dealings? The only logical conclusion is that Joe Biden knows that it looks like influence peddling, which it clearly was.

BTW, I have not claimed that a crime was committed, only that Joe Biden was, is and continues to lie about his knowledge of Hunter’s employment.

OK, so why does Joe Biden continue to deny that he was aware of Hunter’s business dealings? The only logical conclusion is that Joe Biden knows that it looks like influence peddling, which it clearly was.

BTW, I have not claimed that a crime was committed, only that Joe Biden was, is and continues to lie about his knowledge of Hunter’s employment.
Refresh my mind.....when did Joe Biden say he was unaware of Hunter's business dealing.....exact wording and when.

Refresh my mind.....when did Joe Biden say he was unaware of Hunter's business dealing.....exact wording and when.
"I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings."

Obviously, some care was taken to keep Joe Biden’s involvement in, or awareness of, foreign business deals by his family members offering access to securing Joe Biden’s government (funding?) influence. Anyone who thought that Hunter Biden was selected for his a brilliant business or legal skills in foreign business deals is kidding themselves - even Hunter does not believe that.

Are we all making the assumption Hunter agreed he would have his dad’s ear? Let us all look at all the ridiculous persons who sit on boards around the world.

Are we all making the assumption Hunter agreed he would have his dad’s ear? Let us all look at all the ridiculous persons who sit on boards around the world.
Nah, just the perks of his last name.

To quote joe, come on man! Even after writing that on at least one occasion joe did talk to hunter about an overseas business deal you’re still going with “never” not being a lie?
Even though you and I have no idea what Joe knew, let's, for argument's sake, declare that Joe knew the intricacies of Hunter's plan, he told Hunter to buzz off, and then lied when asked about it.

Now what? Joe lied. Is that against the law or grounds for impeachement?

Pizzagate was a better story. It had clear victims and villains, with an obvious crime at the heart of it.

Basically, imagine if the story for Pizzagate was, "Unce upon a time, Democrats were involved in a pizza parlor called Ping Pong, and there was a basement. There might have been a crime involved. Or not. The end."

Back
Top Bottom