• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Resurrection, Something Borrowed, Something New, But Certainly not True

To the contrary, I don't remember what he was saying.

Nothing notable there... I don't remember more than I do.

I don't remember anything about it other than I agreed with the reply at the time. So, maybe that makes two of us.

I don't remember anything about it other than I agreed with the reply at the time. So, maybe that makes two of us.

I used to say I couldn't remember the last time I was drunk- or the time before that... This is one of the leading reasons I stopped drinking.

Now it's more along the lines that I can't remember why I came into this room.

Old people are funny. It's too bad we own every damn thing! :)

Yes. Whatever allows a person to let go of that thing that is bothersome is a benefit for that person.

If what is bothering them is hurtful to others and they are able to find comfort but continue to be hurtful, that's a whole different thing.

Assuming the bothersome thing is internal only, escaping the pain and finding peace is generally a good thing.

Religion is like any other tool. It can help a person find peace and also help them find greater pain. The personally held, internalized belief in a positive force is generally a good thing.

What I see in these threads from those I perceive to be zealots is, IMO, detrimental to their mental health and the opposite of the goals set out by the Christian principles. For example, there seems to be much attention paid to what others believe and do. So, we have this subset of Christians out there getting all upset over gays, abortions, evolution, and a boatload of other things that have absolutely no effect on their day to day existence.

I used to say I couldn't remember the last time I was drunk- or the time before that... This is one of the leading reasons I stopped drinking.

Now it's more along the lines that I can't remember why I came into this room.

Old people are funny. It's too bad we own every damn thing! :)

I'm pretty good at remembering the important things: anything that happens between nine and five on weekdays, when someone is paying me to remember them. :)

What I see in these threads from those I perceive to be zealots is, IMO, detrimental to their mental health and the opposite of the goals set out by the Christian principles. For example, there seems to be much attention paid to what others believe and do. So, we have this subset of Christians out there getting all upset over gays, abortions, evolution, and a boatload of other things that have absolutely no effect on their day to day existence.

If a guy is Gay, he's Gay. God don't make junk.

Thinking a guy can be re-wired to be Straight is like thinking I could be re-wired to be Gay.

What connects with your desires is hard wired.

There are some deviations from normality that are not really understandable, like being a Patriots fan, but that's a different, not divinely inspired, personal choice. ;)

I'm pretty good at remembering the important things: anything that happens between nine and five on weekdays when someone is paying me to remember them. :)

So true! I'm right there with you.

It's amazing that I can remember the identifying account number for each of about 700 locations that I oversee but can't recall what time the play is supposed to start that we are planning to attend on Saturday evening.

Mine is a strange and confusing dementia. Thankfully, I am partnered to a unique and understanding angel.

Never said that. That's your lie.

Not lying at all; well informed and reliable eye witnesses have reported seeing UFO's: that your criteria, so it must be true, and as such you must believe in UFOs as well.

Not lying at all; well informed and reliable eye witnesses have reported seeing UFO's: that your criteria, so it must be true, and as such you must believe in UFOs as well.

No, I don't. It's a stupid argument.

Not to mention actual video of things which could easily be interpreted as UFO. Not too much video of Jesus resurrecting out there. Now, is there?

Recommend you read the Book of Hebrews.

And Jesus is a benevolent God. He saved me and hundreds of millions of others.

I have eternal life in Christ. You have Revelation 21:8 to ponder.

You don't get to decide whether or not you have eternal life in Christ. That is entirely God's decision. You still have to pass his tests successfully.

You don't get to decide whether or not you have eternal life in Christ. That is entirely God's decision. You still have to pass his tests successfully.

lol...and, one of those tests just might include not believing in some false god called Jesus. :lol:

I don't know how old you are.

I am pretty old. My generation is the one that fought in Viet Nam.

I have known many people who are tortured by their own perceptions of what they have done or not done in their lives.

Forgiveness may be the wrong word for you understanding, but by whatever name it is called, comfort is a good thing.

The power of faith is used in many 12 Step programs and helps many by giving them a fixed point to guide their lives.

If that fixed point is not helpful to you or another at the point they have reached, then it's not.

That is all fine, but what does it have to do with actual religions as manifested and followed by people? What you are describing does not require religion or religious belief.

That is all fine, but what does it have to do with actual religions as manifested and followed by people? What you are describing does not require religion or religious belief.

Religion delivers the product in much the same way that Amazon.com or Walmart deliver their products.

The product can be there, but with no effective delivery system, it never gets to the folks who need them.

Religion delivers the product in much the same way that Amazon.com or Walmart deliver their products.

The product can be there, but with no effective delivery system, it never gets to the folks who need them.

Religion is akin to a product? What is in the package?

Religion is akin to a product? What is in the package?

The delivery of anything, products, ideas, weapons, is all pretty much the same.

They start in one place and end up somewhere else.

The delivery of anything, products, ideas, weapons, is all pretty much the same.

They start in one place and end up somewhere else.

I'm trying to convince a customer of that exact thing as we speak.

Sadly most of these Right Wing Christians ignore his basic truths and only cling to the myths of him being a deity. Truly satanic, IMO.

So you believe in Satan but not in God? Interesting...

I've already crossed over unto eternal life (John 5:24).

So get a new dog.

Back
Top Bottom