• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Resurrection, Something Borrowed, Something New, But Certainly not True

Nonsense. As usual, you've got nothing but worthless claims.

Not at all: eye witnesses, and photographs. Based on that evidence YOU should believe in UFOs.

Says the guy who believes that the bible is true because the bible is true.

He does show that He and jet are using the same standard though

The secret is already being born again.

What have you got going after you expire?

Same as you...nothing. You are only born once and when you die it is over. Simply believing in something does not guarantee eternal life. In fact, there is no eternal life. All human beings die and cease to exist. There has never been any evidence to the contrary. Eternal life is impossible and probably not desirable. What's the big deal about it? What the heck are you going to do for eternity and how would you even know if you are experiencing it?

Yet no one wants to die...and there's a reason for that...we are created with that desire...

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish." Eccl. 3:11

Yet no one wants to die...and there's a reason for that...we are created with that desire...

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish." Eccl. 3:11

All living things, in general, "desire" to stay alive. It is not unique to human kind. And there are lots of desires in our hearts that we don't get.

That's a horrible translation. A better translations is 'He has made everything beautiful in its time; also the [wisdom of] the world He put into their hearts, save that man should not find the deed which God did, from beginning to end."

This is Rambam's commentary on that passage

everything beautiful in its time: At the time of good, it is beautiful that the reward be given for good deeds, and at the time of evil, it is fitting for the recompense for evil deeds.
also the world He put in their hearts, etc.: Also the wisdom of the world that He put into the hearts of the creatures-He did not put it all into the heart of everyone, but [He gave] a little to this one and a little to that one, in order that man should not comprehend the entire deed of the Holy One, blessed be He, to know it; and he will not know the day of his visitation [i.e., the day of his death] and on what he will stumble, in order that he put his heart to repent, so that he will be concerned and say, “Today or tomorrow I will die.” Therefore, הָעֹלָם is written here defectively, an expression of concealment (הַעֲלָמָה) , for if man would know that the day of his death was near, he would neither build a house nor plant a vineyard. Therefore, he says that He made everything beautiful in its time. The fact that there is a time for death is a beautiful thing, for a person relies and says, “Perhaps the time of my death is far off,” and he builds a house and plants a vineyard, and it is [therefore] beautiful that it is concealed from people.

All living things, in general, "desire" to stay alive. It is not unique to human kind. And there are lots of desires in our hearts that we don't get.

The extraordinary level the religious go to in order to shoehorn their faith into things which are quite common in nature is amazing.

That's a horrible translation. A better translations is 'He has made everything beautiful in its time; also the [wisdom of] the world He put into their hearts, save that man should not find the deed which God did, from beginning to end."

This is Rambam's commentary on that passage

Sorry, Rambam is not trustworthy...his commentary is worthless...there are several translations that render the passage as "eternity"...American Standard Version, Amplified Bible, Common English, New International Version, New Living Translation, just to name a few...there are more...

Sorry, Rambam is not trustworthy...his commentary is worthless...there are several translations that render the passage as "eternity"...American Standard Version, Amplified Bible, Common English, New International Version, New Living Translation, just to name a few...there are more...

Well, they are wrong. I would trust someone a rabbi to know the proper translation. And anyone who uses the New Living Translation can't be trusted.

Well, they are wrong. I would trust someone a rabbi to know the proper translation. And anyone who uses the New Living Translation can't be trusted.

What is wrong with it? Too accurate for you?

New Living Translation NLT
Using modern English, the translators of the NLT focused on producing clarity in the meaning of the text rather than creating a literal, word-for-word equivalence. Their goal was to create a clear, readable translation while remaining faithful to original texts.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-versions/

What is wrong with it? Too accurate for you?

New Living Translation NLT
Using modern English, the translators of the NLT focused on producing clarity in the meaning of the text rather than creating a literal, word-for-word equivalence. Their goal was to create a clear, readable translation while remaining faithful to original texts.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-versions/

Well, I much prefer the Masoric text> Give me a Jewish translation from post 1950 anyway. The New JPS translation or the Judaica Press

Well, I much prefer the Masoric text> Give me a Jewish translation from post 1950 anyway. The New JPS translation or the Judaica Press

Of course you do because you are biased...

Of course you do because you are biased...

And you are not? All you do is spout out the JW party line and cherry pick Bible quotes. Have you made any burnt offerings to God, as the Bible clearly states that you must literally do? The instructions are quite specific. The aroma pleases God, you know.

GEN 8:20-21
LEV 1:1-17

And you are not? All you do is spout out the JW party line and cherry pick Bible quotes. Have you made any burnt offerings to God, as the Bible clearly states that you must literally do? The instructions are quite specific. The aroma pleases God, you know.

GEN 8:20-21
LEV 1:1-17

Keep spouting your ridiculous posts for everyone to see...SMH...you nor your buds have any idea what Christianity is all about, though by your constant presence on threads such as this, you appear to be searching...I pray you'll find out one day for your own sakes...Paul did so there's hope yet...

Keep spouting your ridiculous posts for everyone to see...SMH...you nor your buds have any idea what Christianity is all about, though by your constant presence on threads such as this, you appear to be searching...I pray you'll find out one day for your own sakes...Paul did so there's hope yet...

What is Christianity all about? Different sects have different views about that. No need to pray, it has no effect. He is nit searching, he is pointing out the illogicality of religion and in particular how all Christians ignore large parts of the bible.

What is Christianity all about? Different sects have different views about that. No need to pray, it has no effect. He is nit searching, he is pointing out the illogicality of religion and in particular how all Christians ignore large parts of the bible.

You should know by now, since you too are on every religious thread here...oh wait...nevermind...:2brickwal

You should know by now, since you too are on every religious thread here...oh wait...nevermind...:2brickwal

You are on every religious thread too. You seem to be groping your way toward making a point. What is it? What is Christianity all about? If you can't answer that then I will assume that you don't know.

According to the Bible, God is pleased by the aroma of burnt offerings. So it must be true, correct? It's in the Bible so it must be true. Have you made God any burnt offerings to please him? You do want to please God, don't you? It's very easy, just follow the detailed instruction in Leviticus.

Back
Top Bottom