• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The problems with food pantries....

Agreed. Almost as despicable as people who take food from the food banks, and then whine because it isn't good enough for them.

We call them food banks here, too. They have a few different names.

Maybe you should take up hunting your own food?

nevermind!

Done that too, in hard times... "potshooting", basically hunting anything edible. There was a rough three or four months once when about the only meat we got was whatever I shot.... mostly rabbits and squirrels, as it wasn't deer season.

I have my doubts that this lad is up to anything like that... :)

From personal experience, the problem with food pantries is that people who do not qualify, love to take things, then drive away in their Lexus while talking on their Obamaphone.

That's a tough one. We had a program a couple of years ago where somebody put up a good sum of money to pay for needed repairs for their cars. The church would send me people and cars, I would submit an estimate and the grant fund paid me to do the work. One job was a set of tires on a Chrysler 300M. Some people got upset about that. But what had happened was the guy had lost his job and suffered a heart attack, they owed more than the car was worth and people were not buying that kind of car which was this couple's only car. The tires we absolutely bald and unsafe. They eventually recovered but at the time they absolutely needed the help. They are now some of those major contributors I talked about earlier. You never know when it might be you.

Done that too, in hard times... "potshooting", basically hunting anything edible. There was a rough three or four months once when about the only meat we got was whatever I shot.... mostly rabbits and squirrels, as it wasn't deer season.

I have my doubts that this lad is up to anything like that... :)

I haven't been there as I wasn't a hunter during my hard times. I hunt now because I like fresh deer meat, and no preservatives, plus low in fat. But if I had to I would hunt for my daily dinner.

Yeah I would be more afraid this guy might hurt himself or others.

Back
Top Bottom