• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Presidential records act could keep trump from holding office again

Yep sounds right to me.... providing we charge Hillary Clinton as well. Putting both on trial would be a first step to cleaning up this country and the arrogance of its politicians.

Charge her with what?

What classified documents did she take to Chappaqua with her? And when was she the President and violated the Presidential Records Act?

I work from home so if I switch jobs, then I guess its ok I just keep the equipment that the company lets me use. Yay free laptop and multi-monitor setup!
Probably not but it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to find leftover paperwork around.

So he was just too lazy and stupid for the last 13 months to send those classified documents back, huh?
I don't know how Trump's office works but I recently found a Walkman in my office. It was in a drawer I don't go into very often.

FFS. Trump worked out of Mar a Lago. You guys complained about it all the time! If he was working at Mar a Lago then it makes sense that records were there.
A. 15 boxes of those documents remained at Mar-A-Lago after Trump left. The National Archives had to go and get them earlier this month. That seems more than a simple oversight.
B. The former President also destroyed documents in violation of Federal law.

After Nixon's attempt at concealing and destroying documents related to Watergate, the " Presidential Records Act" was passed as an attempt to keep future Presidents, like Donald, from attempting to hide their actions from the public. "The 15 cartons of documents that were taken by Donald, they are public property, they do not belong to Donald Trump, they belong to the American people, and should have been given to the archives when he left the White House". And, because of the past precedent, because of Nixon, it's a chargeable offence. So it appears that Donald's propensity for doing just as he pleases could end up disallowing him from holding office again.

That’s all it does? Bans him from holding office?

I just want to know when he is going to end up in jail like the punk he is. He has been cruisin’ for a bruisin’ for a long time now. He is almost as bad as John Gotti, the original Teflon Don, at this point.

Charge her with what?

What classified documents did she take to Chappaqua with her? And when was she the President and violated the Presidential Records Act?

Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust.

FFS. Trump worked out of Mar a Lago. You guys complained about it all the time! If he was working at Mar a Lago then it makes sense that records were there.

I hope you are not one of the people yelling lock her up for Hillary Clinton being a little careless with her email server as secretary of state.

Because, you know, it might come across as being a little hypocritical.

Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust.

So how does that make Trump’s violation OK?

So how does that make Trump’s violation OK?
It doesn't.

So how does Trump's violation make Hillary's violation ok?

As I recall, Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States. Although intent is not a required element in the law she violated, I'm sure Trump didn't take and keep those records with an intent to harm the US either.

Last edited:
The only way we can save democracy is to ****-block people we don't like that commit crimes, particularly those that are an affront to the rule law, from running for office.

It's imperative we find prosecute crimes, especially those committed by elected officials ignoring the fabricated excuses and rationalizations set forth and exaggerate them for public trials by media.

Otherwise our Also, we have to shut down their opinions everywhere they could be read online because democracy is in DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
There we go ..... some recommended edits to make your post more in line with truth.

So why didn't Trump have her charged and locked up, like he promised to do?

Because he was charitable, a moment of what was thought to be good sense to heal the country.

Awww, sure he was. Charitable. So he wasn't really the law and order President, huh? He was like Santa Claus. How sweet.

The country was not sick over Clinton. In fact, most people didn't know thing one about the situation. Even after a half doze failed Congressional Republican investigations and waste of taxpayer money.

, I'm sure Trump didn't take and keep those records with an intent to harm the US either.
If you don't consider the hiding of evidence of his attempt at nullifying a legal election with intent of remaining in power illegally harmful to the U.S., then, no.

I keep hearing a bunch of hypotheticals about Trump. Will the Democrat party turn it into objective information or will it continue to be subjective? Exhausted with all the calories burnt on Trump without definitive proof.
The Archives has confirmed that 1: Classified documents were found at Mara Lago. And 2: Many documents were destroyed and had to be taped back together. And 3: Some WH communications were conducted on personal phones and equipment and the records were not forwarded to the official gov. accounts.

All three of those violations are against federal statute and the PRA. What more do you need as definitive proof? Do you think the National Archives is lying?

So, when we know all of this to be fact, the question becomes how much information was intentionally destroyed and kept from the people, who own it?

Yes, that's the very definition of democracy: shout down dissent and prevent political opposition from being elected.

...by force if necessary. And if that doesn't work, then rioting looting, and burning down Main Street is authorized.

The sooner we destroy our political enemies, the sooner we will finally experience pure one-party democracy.
We're experiencing it now. The republican party is the party of lies, grift and culture wars. They talk a good game, but I don't hear any actual ideas for the American people. Nothing but name calling and obstruction with a dollop of corruption on the side.

Probably not but it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to find leftover paperwork around.
If I have copies of my company's intellectual property laying around, then I am potentially liable for that, especially if its something I signed an NDA for (which I do a lot at my job).

Awww, sure he was. Charitable. So he wasn't really the law and order President, huh? He was like Santa Claus. How sweet.

The country was not sick over Clinton. In fact, most people didn't know thing one about the situation. Even after a half doze failed Congressional Republican investigations and waste of taxpayer money.
Trump was barred from being charitable without a baby sitter.

That may very well all be true. She was however, cleared by the republican director of the FBI. Like it or not, those are the facts. If you want HRC re-investigated, write to your attorney general and see how it goes. For now, Trump is under multiple federal and state investigations, none of which have yet to be closed.

Back
Top Bottom