• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Presidential records act could keep trump from holding office again

Then it should be pretty easy to indict Trump... right? Otherwise, it's just a big nothing burger.
speaking of nothing burger how about his accounting firm who used to do business with him, no longer does, because the info provided was no longer reliable. Is that a nothing burger too? LOL.

The only way we can save democracy is to ****-block people we don't like from running for office.

It's imperative we find crimes or fabricate and exaggerate them for public trials by media.

Also, we have to shut down their opinions everywhere they could be read online because democracy is in DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
When the anti American right is no longer relevant, democracy will thrive.

When the anti American right is no longer relevant, democracy will thrive.

Yes, that's the very definition of democracy: shout down dissent and prevent political opposition from being elected.

...by force if necessary. And if that doesn't work, then rioting looting, and burning down Main Street is authorized.

The sooner we destroy our political enemies, the sooner we will finally experience pure one-party democracy.

Yes, that's the very definition of democracy: shout down dissent and prevent political opposition from being elected.

...by force if necessary. And if that doesn't work, then rioting looting, and burning down Main Street is authorized.

The sooner we destroy our political enemies, the sooner we will finally experience pure one-party democracy.
GOP is working hard to do all this, LOL! Pay attention!

speaking of nothing burger how about his accounting firm who used to do business with him, no longer does, because the info provided was no longer reliable. Is that a nothing burger too? LOL.
If something goes against the grain with law .. then it should be easily proven and used in court. So .. how's that going for you?

If something goes against the grain with law .. then it should be easily proven and used in court. So .. how's that going for you?
didn't answer my question. Question was so is the fact Trumps former Accounting firm no longer trusts him for some reason (LOL), is that a "nothing burger"?

didn't answer my question. Question was so is the fact Trumps former Accounting firm no longer trusts him for some reason (LOL), is that a "nothing burger"?
How an individual or an organization "feels" about someone is inconsequential when it comes to evidence in a court of law. While many on the right were excited about Hilary's use of a private server for confidential and sensitive information, it went no where in court. I've accepted that ... and while many feel conflicted about this, feelings don't help in the judicial branch -- only objective evidence.

How an individual or an organization "feels" about someone is inconsequential when it comes to evidence in a court of law. While many on the right were excited about Hilary's use of a private server for confidential and sensitive information, it went no where in court. I've accepted that ... and while many feel conflicted about this, feelings don't help in the judicial branch -- only objective evidence.
The firm has seen the evidence, obviously.

once again as the Cultists do, ignore the facts and evidence. Next!!!!

Not the first time this subject has come up, probably will not be the last, but a lawyer on a talk show simply saying "could" does not mean much.

Until an actual crime is tried in an actual court somewhere all this is is speculation for an audience.

(And I think nothing of Trump, do not support him, etc.)

once again as the Cultists do, ignore the facts and evidence. Next!!!!
If it is facts and evidence, then it should be a cake walk in court. Do you disagree with that? Doesn't matter how I feel, it matters what can be objectively communicated / socialized with the court to agree. They may deny it -- and then it's all feelings again.

The truth should prevail, for once, with Trump, LOL.

After Nixon's attempt at concealing and destroying documents related to Watergate, the " Presidential Records Act" was passed as an attempt to keep future Presidents, like Donald, from attempting to hide their actions from the public. "The 15 cartons of documents that were taken by Donald, they are public property, they do not belong to Donald Trump, they belong to the American people, and should have been given to the archives when he left the White House". And, because of the past precedent, because of Nixon, it's a chargeable offence. So it appears that Donald's propensity for doing just as he pleases could end up disallowing him from holding office again.

Do you have first hand knowledge of this?

I am very skeptical of such news reports, as it has been shown the media has lied about him on several occasions.

proof please.

Could be.

Are you out of patience? We should wait for the investigation to finish, no?
If Trump did wrong .. he absolutely needs to be prosecuted. If he isn't prosecuted, then it's just another talking about like Hilary and her email server with confidential intel.

The truth should prevail, for once, with Trump, LOL.
Excellent .. and when it's objective, an individual or individuals should be held accountable respectively. Now .. what'll be your response when it get's thrown out (which it probably will -- just like Hilary)?

FFS. Trump worked out of Mar a Lago. You guys complained about it all the time! If he was working at Mar a Lago then it makes sense that records were there.
I work from home so if I switch jobs, then I guess its ok I just keep the equipment that the company lets me use. Yay free laptop and multi-monitor setup!

After Nixon's attempt at concealing and destroying documents related to Watergate, the " Presidential Records Act" was passed as an attempt to keep future Presidents, like Donald, from attempting to hide their actions from the public. "The 15 cartons of documents that were taken by Donald, they are public property, they do not belong to Donald Trump, they belong to the American people, and should have been given to the archives when he left the White House". And, because of the past precedent, because of Nixon, it's a chargeable offence. So it appears that Donald's propensity for doing just as he pleases could end up disallowing him from holding office again.

Yep sounds right to me.... providing we charge Hillary Clinton as well. Putting both on trial would be a first step to cleaning up this country and the arrogance of its politicians.

FFS. Trump worked out of Mar a Lago. You guys complained about it all the time! If he was working at Mar a Lago then it makes sense that records were there.

So he was just too lazy and stupid for the last 13 months to send those classified documents back, huh?

Back
Top Bottom