• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Presidential records act could keep trump from holding office again

The only way we can save democracy is to ****-block people we don't like from running for office.

That was literally written into our laws and recognized by our jurisprudence from the start of the Republic, Schism. If an officer or magistrate of our government is so grossly irresponsible or corrupt that they are found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, they can be and have been forever barred from holding public office ever again. This was not done to be cruel or petty, but to literally safeguard our democracy from lawless scoundrels.

Last edited:
Republicans could probably be free of trump right now if McConnell just committed to Schumer that they'd vote to convict in a third impeachment.

The contest between accusations against Hillary, and accusations against trump, isn't based on truth, but on who can yell the loudest. He thinks if he can yell 'lock her up' about false accusations against her, and 'witch hunt' about accurate accusations against him, louder, he wins. And he's somewhat right in terms of his base and some other voters. It's standard propaganda.

The Archives has confirmed that 1: Classified documents were found at Mara Lago. And 2: Many documents were destroyed and had to be taped back together. And 3: Some WH communications were conducted on personal phones and equipment and the records were not forwarded to the official gov. accounts.

All three of those violations are against federal statute and the PRA. What more do you need as definitive proof? Do you think the National Archives is lying?

So, when we know all of this to be fact, the question becomes how much information was intentionally destroyed and kept from the people, who own it?
Excellent .. should be an easy takedown if Trump then ..

The ex-president is a thief.

He's always been a thief.

He will always be a thief.

Good job "Christians".

Oh stop. You know why the Christians support him. He exemplifies family values. I mean, what doesn't say family values like cheating on all of your wives, leaving your children to be raised by nannies, grabbing ******s, and having sexual fantasies about your daughters?

Come on dude. They released the statement a few days ago.
Following precedent that's been set with other politicians, while many are salivating at the opportunity to sink Trump, it's most likely going to be an uphill battle that ends with a lackluster result. Wash .. rinse .. repeat with several politicians over the last 20 - 30 years.

Following precedent that's been set with other politicians, while many are salivating at the opportunity to sink Trump, it's most likely going to be an uphill battle that ends with a lackluster result. Wash .. rinse .. repeat with several politicians over the last 20 - 30 years.
Never say never. Some of us really believe he should be held accountable. I have no idea how all this will turn out. You could be right; you could be wrong. I can only hope.

I think the ex-president never thought that men who hold high places must be the ones who start. Or that they must mold a new reality that's closer to the heart.

I think the ex-president never thought that men who hold high places must be the ones who start. Or that they must mold a new reality that's closer to the heart.
Correct. I think the lyrics you were searching for were from Friends in Low places.

If you don't consider the hiding of evidence of his attempt at nullifying a legal election with intent of remaining in power illegally harmful to the U.S., then, no.

The records taken do not sound like they had anything to do with the whack-a-doodle schemes to overturn the election. They were apparently deemed confidential or classified, suggesting it was material that went through the classification process related to national security. Again, there is not even an accusation, let alone a likelihood they were taken with any intent to harm the US.

Never say never. Some of us really believe he should be held accountable. I have no idea how all this will turn out. You could be right; you could be wrong. I can only hope.
If he's proven guilty .. absolutely he should be held accountable... just like every other politician.

That may very well all be true. She was however, cleared by the republican director of the FBI. Like it or not, those are the facts. If you want HRC re-investigated, write to your attorney general and see how it goes. For now, Trump is under multiple federal and state investigations, none of which have yet to be closed.

I don't care that a fellow who was an ex-Republican would not recommend charging her. It remains a fact that under the law, she should have been charged and brought to trial. The AG failed to do so for reasons unrelated to upholding the law.

Comey's idiotic "justification" to provide weasel room for Hillary's scheme to horde and keep private all State department emails to and from her office (as well as other staff on her private system) was nonsensical. They were and are records that should have been created and stored as required by law on a secured and vetted state system. Instead, she purloined them upon leaving, only relenting to provide a copy of those documents as selected by her attorney, after a year or more of pressure from the national archives...even then destroying the original electronic records, she stole.

Comey conceded that Clinton was "grossly negligent" in a draft, then wording changed to “extremely careless”, and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services.

Comey "rewrote" the law to require intent. But the statute clearly does not require intent. It explicitly makes it a crime to show gross negligence in the handling of these kind of records (all there was plenty of related intent).

I have no problem with Trump being charged, but I do have a problem with double standards. So as I wrote, I'd support either both be charged but not just one and not the other.

It was wrong then, and its wrong now.

That was literally written into our laws and recognized by our jurisprudence from the start of the Republic, Schism. If an officer or magistrate of our government is so grossly irresponsible or corrupt that they are found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, they can be and have been forever barred from holding public office ever again. This was not done to be cruel or petty, but to literally safeguard our democracy from lawless scoundrels.

Yes, I know. This is why the left is hellbent on using the words insurrection, high crimes and misdemeanors, Russian Agent, mentally ill so as to invoke 25th amendment, Impeach over and over, and every other thing they can think of.

So far he's still qualified to run, but I suspect they are trying to make enough noise to claim he's ineligible without ever reaching the bar.

Here's the thing, I really can't stand Trump; he's an imbecile. I didn't vote for him and I won't if he runs again. Personally I would rather vote for an independent moderate.

Here's my beef: I was a lifelong Democrat, a union member, a blue collar tech worker. The left have gone crazy and the D party looks nothing like what my entire family has supported since forever. Their behavior is embarrassing. Their policies are destroying whole cities. Their lies have left me bitter and jaded. I wouldn't support the Democrats if you paid me right now.

And BTW...I voted for Obama the first time (but not the second because he's a liar), and caucused for Bernie in 2016 when I was in Utah, and he won the state. The DNC stabbed him in the back for that crooked witch. There's no way I'll support them while this bunch is running the party.

Yes, I know. This is why the left is hellbent on using the words insurrection, high crimes and misdemeanors, Russian Agent, mentally ill so as to invoke 25th amendment, Impeach over and over, and every other thing they can think of.

So far he's still qualified to run, but I suspect they are trying to make enough noise to claim he's ineligible without ever reaching the bar.

Here's the thing, I really can't stand Trump; he's an imbecile. I didn't vote for him and I won't if he runs again. Personally I would rather vote for an independent moderate.

Here's my beef: I was a lifelong Democrat, a union member, a blue collar tech worker. The left have gone crazy and the D party looks nothing like what my entire family has supported since forever. Their behavior is embarrassing. Their policies are destroying whole cities. Their lies have left me bitter and jaded. I wouldn't support the Democrats if you paid me right now.

And BTW...I voted for Obama the first time (but not the second because he's a liar), and caucused for Bernie in 2016 when I was in Utah, and he won the state. The DNC stabbed him in the back for that crooked witch. There's no way I'll support them while this bunch is running the party.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Good riddance. Go join Tulsi Gabbard and speak at CPAC in Orlando, FL.

We're glad you left. We never liked you.

Meh, something I've noticed lately among these anti Democrat pro GOP Trumpers is they all claim to have been life long Democrats that "left the party" for some made up reason...and they can never articulate any specific policy the GOP offers them that would make theirs, or anyone's life better. They call Obama a "liar", yet spent 4 years defending the Reality T.V. Star and his myriad of lies, and claim to be against "forever wars", and yet not a peep from them as the Reality T.V. Star increased drone strikes during his tenure, and quietly stopped reporting drone strike deaths for political purposes. Ironically, Biden has done numerous things Trump campaigned on (Infrastructure, ending forever wars, decreasing drone strikes), and not a peep from them. The likely case is these people were always "conservative" Republicans...but were too embarrassed to admit it after the Dubya fiasco, and just the general awfulness of the GOP and the fact that they can't govern for jack shit when in power.

Meh, something I've noticed lately among these anti Democrat pro GOP Trumpers is they all claim to have been life long Democrats that "left the party" for some made up reason...
The reason was the civil rights act.

Just like the reason the right turned on public education was Brown v Board of Education.

The reason was the civil rights act.

Just like the reason the right turned on public education was Brown v Board of Education.

I meant specifically these younger grifter types, like Tulsi Gabbard, Tim Pool, Candace Owens, etc. In those cases it's about $$$ and power.

I meant specifically these younger grifter types, like Tulsi Gabbard, Tim Pool, Candace Owens, etc. In those cases it's about $$$ and power.

It's not a new thing. It's now become learned behavior.

And Tulsi Gabbard has always been a shill for fascists. Always. She's another one I'm glad "left the party".

It's not a new thing. It's now become learned behavior.

And Tulsi Gabbard has always been a shill for fascists. Always. She's another one I'm glad "left the party".

Hillary Clinton was right...again.

The records taken do not sound like they had anything to do with the whack-a-doodle schemes to overturn the election. They were apparently deemed confidential or classified, suggesting it was material that went through the classification process related to national security. Again, there is not even an accusation, let alone a likelihood they were taken with any intent to harm the US.
You'll notice the title of this thread mentions the "Presidential Records Act". Under the 1978 Presidential Records Act, sitting presidents and their staff are required to preserve all memos, letters, emails, documents and official communications related to the president and then transfer them to the National Archives after the end of their term. Not only did Donald fail to preserve these records with the National archives, he also broke protocol by conducting official business using non-official electronic messaging accounts that were not copied or forwarded into their official electronic messaging accounts. So Donald made it a habit to use " non official electronic messaging devices" ( aka the people around him's personal cell phones) only when he was contacting folks who he didn't want that communication recorded. Once again breaking the Presidential Records Act. He did this because he's dirty.

Back
Top Bottom