• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Panama Papers prove it: America can afford a universal basic income

you are denying the proven fact of Income Disparity in America;

not at all!!! there have always been poor and rich in America!!! The gap has been made far worse recently by liberal taxes unions and deficits that drive our corporations off shore; by the liberal attack on the schools families and religion of America, and by inviting 20 million illegals in to take the remaining jobs and to drive down wages.

not at all!!! there have always been poor and rich in America!!!

Once upon a time there were also the diseases of polio, Chicken pox, diphtheria, and tetanus (and a good many others).

Science found a vaccine and lives were saved and extended.

Why can't economics find a vaccine for human avarice ... ?

(Until then, much higher upper-income taxation will have to do.)

PS: And if you don't think poverty lowers life-span, then have a look at this infographic:
Life expectancy.jpg

Last edited:
Why can't economics find a vaccine for human avarice... ?

Steve Jobs is avaricious because we love his products so much that we stand in live for them?? Actually he's a great hero. Only a twisted crazy could say he was evil!

The original piece calling Piketty's results falsehoods came from the editor of the Financial Times!

What the hell do you expect from the editor of the largest financial journal in Europe. And the story was immediately repeated by the WSJ.

So, you're telling me the work of editors pandering to the rich-crowd is more important than two professors of Economics (one at the Paris School of Economics*, the other at the UofC at Berkeley)?

Yeah, right! Stop the world, I wanna get off ...

*It is true that Piketty once was Economics Advisor to Segolene Royale in her bid for the presidency of France, which she lost. Kinda sorta lost, because her ex-husband is the present President and she is a Minister of state. But, that's just France and its hairbrained political system.

No doubt that there is some serious slacking in journalism. One place reports it and the other repeats it and they don't verify. So I am not arguing with you there.
I am just saying that a lot of sources have had criticisms of Piketty's work not just something like the financial times but other academics.

I am just saying that a lot of sources have had criticisms of Piketty's work not just something like the financial times but other academics.

Par for the course.

Piketty came up with some very troubling research. Upsetting or those being ripped-off royally by a Plutocrat Class with abysmally distorted flat-tax on income. But, like most social contention in the US, it will come to nothing.

Remember the Million Man March in DC? MLK's stirring speech? What has that done for the black-people.

Were MLK to return to see what has happened since, he'd cry himself a river ....

Piketty came up with some very troubling research. ...
of course that 100% absurd given that there have always been rich and poor, and we know capitalism is the cure. China just proved it. They switched to capitalism and instantly eliminated 40% of all the poverty on earth!!

They still have huge inequality with 200-300 hundred million poor living at subsistence but that is infinitely better than 1.2 billion living under liberalism at subsistence. Do you understand?

Back
Top Bottom