• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The other bad news for Trump on Monday: New approval-rating lows

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

By Philip Bump
October 30

imrs.php

Even before news broke of indictments against his former campaign chairman and an admission of guilt by a former campaign adviser, President Trump was having a rough day. On Sunday evening, a poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal indicated that Trump’s approval rating had hit a new low, sinking to 38 percent. More worrisome for the president? Since September, the drop was biggest among independents, whites and whites without a college degree — key components of the coalition that won Trump the White House. NBC and the Journal also reported that the 38 percent rating was lower than any other president had seen at a similar point in their first terms in the modern era. On Monday, new data from Gallup reiterated that same message. In Gallup’s daily tracking poll, which looks at three days of national polling, Trump’s approval rating hit a new low of 33 percent and his disapproval a new high of 62 percent. The net approval — those who approve minus those who disapprove — hit a new low at minus-29. At 33 percent, Trump’s low is now lower than any approval measured for Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton or Barack Obama. The most recent daily average includes surveys conducted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the latter two days of which followed initial revelations that indictments were imminent. Whether the indictments themselves will push Trump lower — or help move him higher — remains to be seen.

With Mueller indictments beginning to come down, Trumps approval number will undoubtedly follow suit. Trumps approval number is the lowest for any president of the modern era.

Only Richard Nixon (resigned) registered lower numbers towards the end of his failed presidency.

With Mueller indictments beginning to come down, Trumps approval number will undoubtedly follow suit. Trumps approval number is the lowest for any president of the modern era.

Only Richard Nixon (resigned) registered lower numbers towards the end of his failed presidency.

The ratings will have to go lower still. Before the House Republicans will break, Trumps core base will have to crack. I don't see that coming any time soon. If approval ratings drop below 30, you may see some movement in the House.

The ratings will have to go lower still. Before the House Republicans will break, Trumps core base will have to crack. I don't see that coming any time soon. If approval ratings drop below 30, you may see some movement in the House.
It's truly remarkable, isn't it? Many of the same Republicans that wanted Clinton impeached for false testimony in a civil case that had nothing to do with Whitewater, are completely unwilling so far to call for Trump to resign, or present him with articles of impeachment despite everything we now know.

We'll, they are going to own this mess one way or another. I hope they continue down this path of circling the wagons, because it's going to destroy the Republican party in the end.

It's truly remarkable, isn't it? Many of the same Republicans that wanted Clinton impeached for false testimony in a civil case that had nothing to do with Whitewater, are completely unwilling so far to call for Trump to resign, or present him with articles of impeachment despite everything we now know.

We'll, they are going to own this mess one way or another. I hope they continue down this path of circling the wagons, because it's going to destroy the Republican party in the end.

Oddly, I don't want the GOP destroyed. That would leave a vacuum filled with God knows what! I want a Republican party that is rational and law abiding.

FAKE POLL! FAKE NEWS! FAKE WEBSITE! FAKE DP THREAD!

There, I've saved about a quarter of the DP membership from having to respond, you're welcome... :lol:

This from a polling organization that has been so embarrassingly wrong that they will not do polls when they can be compared to actual election results. So Leftists, keep comforting yourselves with this and other Fake News and us real American will keep winning elections.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ction-polls/&usg=AOvVaw1Ko2k2akn43C55j63s_buu

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ace-polling/&usg=AOvVaw3M8TcZW4XO3-aU5r1Or7bW

This from a polling organization that has been so embarrassingly wrong that they will not do polls when they can be compared to actual election results. So Leftists, keep comforting yourselves with this and other Fake News and us real American will keep winning elections.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ction-polls/&usg=AOvVaw1Ko2k2akn43C55j63s_buu

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ace-polling/&usg=AOvVaw3M8TcZW4XO3-aU5r1Or7bW

Clearly you missed post #5, where I took the liberty of saving you this work... :lol: Sorry, man, did my best, too bad you missed it.

Show us the poll you prefer.

So what you're saying is... "It's Monday"

There were two polls, one from the WSJ and the other from Fox. Now are those fakes???

Clearly you missed post #5, where I took the liberty of saving you this work... :lol: Sorry, man, did my best, too bad you missed it.

Self-awareness is a good thing. Admitting you rely on fake polls and news to sustain your Leftist fantasy world is the first step toward recovery. I hope you get well soon.

Did you catch Obamas final approval numbers? Never did they drop to anything as low as Trumpster's thought his entire presidency.

Oddly, I don't want the GOP destroyed. That would leave a vacuum filled with God knows what! I want a Republican party that is rational and law abiding.

They have come a long, long way from the shores of sanity and reality, and it might take them a long time to find their way back- especially when they are constantly being misled and confused by the likes of Fox, Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and other crazies who can make a very good living playing on and fanning hatred, stereotypes, misinformation, prejudices, ignorance, etc...

Self-awareness is a good thing. Admitting you rely on fake polls and news to sustain your Leftist fantasy world is the first step toward recovery. I hope you get well soon.

I'm confused, I tried to help you out, and now you sound like you're not happy with me. What's wrong, bud?

:lol:

They have come a long, long way from the shores of sanity and reality, and it might take them a long time to find their way back- especially when they are constantly being misled and confused by the likes of Fox, Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and other crazies who can make a very good living playing on and fanning hatred, stereotypes, misinformation, prejudices, ignorance, etc...

Hmmm, we feel the samw way about CNN and MSNBC.

Show us the poll you prefer.

None really. Their methods are more out of date than the VCR and they are conducted by people who think Rachael Maddow and Don Lemon are rational and honest.

CNN recently did an internet poll that they quickly jerked down and buried because it showed The President with about a 70% approval. That is probably the most accurate poll MSM has done recently.

I have ALOT of very conservative friends on FB and in real life, due to my preferred recreational pursuits.

For a few months now, their posts flaunting The Donald everywhere have diminished to where they are almost nil.

One can only pray that something good comes of this travesty of a Prez.

I keep hoping that maybe it's like addicts....they cant be helped until they reach rock bottom and then have no choice.

But I fear 'the bottom!'

None really. Their methods are more out of date than the VCR and they are conducted by people who think Rachael Maddow and Don Lemon are rational and honest.

CNN recently did an internet poll that they quickly jerked down and buried because it showed The President with about a 70% approval. That is probably the most accurate poll MSM has done recently.

Laughable. Anonymous, open internet polls are inherently a self-selected sample group. Anyone who thinks that is "the most accurate poll" methodology needs to take a statistics class.

If you truly believe Donald Trump's actual approval rating is 70%, you're beyond help and I have nothing else to say to you. Good day.

When will y'all stop citing these bogus polls?

Strong Dem - 21%
Not Strong Dem - 10%
Ind Lean Dem - 11%
--------------------------
42%

Strong Rep - 18%
Not Strong Rep - 7%
Ind Lean Rep - 9%
-----------------------
34%

Strictly Ind - 18%

Once again, besides being lopsided in favor of Dems, this sampling doesn't come close to US Party Affiliation numbers.

Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends

POLL REJECTED!!

Laughable. Anonymous, open internet polls are inherently a self-selected sample group. Anyone who thinks that is "the most accurate poll" methodology needs to take a statistics class.

If you truly believe Donald Trump's actual approval rating is 70%, you're beyond help and I have nothing else to say to you. Good day.

People who actively purse polls will show up to vote. People who wait in line for 12 hours to attend a political rally will also show up to vote and The President can still fill a sports stadium anytime he wants.

At this time Bill Clinton was down to 36%. Once the economy improved (although he did not cause it) his polls got up to the 70s.

The economy is skyrocketing under Trump and it mostly from him repealing Obama executive orders and regulations. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Bill_Clinton&usg=AOvVaw0s_2YDEiXipYalwwRS6MAo

Back
Top Bottom