• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The other bad news for Trump on Monday: New approval-rating lows

The Ind breakdown doesn't excuse the oversampling in the whole poll in favor of Dems. That type of manipulation skews the overall poll results.

It's a bogus poll...like just about every poll I've seen since the election campaign season. I've continually pointed out this ongoing poll bias...especially in polls from the Mainstream Media...and people still try to come up with reasons for it that don't work. Most others, though, just blindly believe this crap.

It's not oversampling in the whole poll, though. The difference between what you think the sample should be and what the sample has... is 1%.

Strong Dem - 21%
Not Strong Dem - 10%

--------------------------
31%

Strong Rep - 18%
Not Strong Rep - 7%

-----------------------
25%

Strictly Ind - 18%
Ind Lean Dem - 11%
Ind Lean Rep - 9%

38%

So, 31/25/38 D/R/I

versus the national polling party affiliation which doesn't allow for "Ind lean XXX":
31/24/42. D/R/I.

Anyone who still backs this moron is a enemy of the state.. Plain and simple. Last I checked 62% is a majority. It will be coming to an end especially if the Dems get control of Congress. He will be Benghazied to death

Anyone who still backs this moron is a enemy of the state.. Plain and simple. Last I checked 62% is a majority. It will be coming to an end especially if the Dems get control of Congress. He will be Benghazied to death

That might be so. But it is about as bad a scenarios as they come and only morons would want to bring it on, no matter how partisan they are.

What about things like "his most trusted advisers get arrested for being Russian agents?"

Nope, that's just the deep state assassinating him with the fake Russia stuff. It has to be something Trump does as President that is completely different than anything we've yet seen.

There surely are Trump supporters who are not inclined to be white-nationalists. I've even seen one on a forum, so I know they exist, but there appear to be fewer each day.

That said, I figure Trump's true base, his alt-right white-nationalist base, the people who would cheer Trump for shooting someone on 5th Avenue, is in the mid to high twenties.

The White Nationalism is only one aspect of it. You also have to take into account that he was the protest candidate sent in to destroy the system. And if not that, then you have to take into account the people who voted for him purely out of personal hatred for Clinton.

Last edited:
Is Trafalgar's polling an anonymous, open, self-selected online sample?

One of their targets is the 'neighborhood' question, knowing their neighbors are conservatives from voter rolls. Obvious to me is their polling of people who have consistently voted in the past, as well as in primary elections leading to the generals.

I'll be watching their polling on the Virginia governor's race next Tuesday. This GOP firm is fully aware of how damaging the Confederate statue nonissue is to DEMs. No surprise that Kelly is speaking about it before this huge race ...

One of their targets is the 'neighborhood' question, knowing their neighbors are conservatives from voter rolls. Obvious to me is their polling of people who have consistently voted in the past, as well as in primary elections leading to the generals.

I'll be watching their polling on the Virginia governor's race next Tuesday. This GOP firm is fully aware of how damaging the Confederate statue nonissue is to DEMs. No surprise that Kelly is speaking about it before this huge race ...

So, no, then. They don't do the absurd methodology I was criticizing. Ok then.

Nope, that's just the deep state assassinating him with the fake Russia stuff. It has to be something Trump does as President that is completely different than anything we've yet seen.

Is that meant as parody?

Is that meant as parody?

The first sentence? That's what they believe, but it's not my position.

I've seen the interviews and we've seen the posts here. To Trump voters this issue isn't real, and no escalation of it is going to make it more real.

The White Nationalism is only one part of it. You also have to take into account that he was the protest candidate sent in to destroy the system. And if not that, then you have to take into account the people who voted for him purely out of personal hatred for Clinton.

When the protest voters, surely getting skewered by now, and the haters of Hillary start peeling away, I suspect Trump will be left with an approval rating in the high to mid twenties.

The other bad news for Trump on Monday: New approval-rating lows

With Mueller indictments beginning to come down, Trumps approval number will undoubtedly follow suit. Trumps approval number is the lowest for any president of the modern era.

Only Richard Nixon (resigned) registered lower numbers towards the end of his failed presidency.

Even at the very end when the death of Nixon's presidency was a foregone conclusion he still polled a 27 percent approval rating. Trump is within ten points of that and nosing down.

When the protest voters, surely getting skewered by now, and the haters of Hillary start peeling away, I suspect Trump will be left with an approval rating in the high to mid twenties.

No.

The protest voters wanted one of two things: jobs or the destruction of the system that hurt/forgot them. If they're not getting the former, then they're certainly achieving plan b. The White Nationalists have now come out of the shadows so they're certainly not going to abandon Trump. They're thrilled. And the people who voted for him because he's not Clinton? Well, it's been 285 days since inauguration and so far I'd say that plan has been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post

They have come a long, long way from the shores of sanity and reality, and it might take them a long time to find their way back- especially when they are constantly being misled and confused by the likes of Fox, Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and other crazies who can make a very good living playing on and fanning hatred, stereotypes, misinformation, prejudices, ignorance, etc...

Hmmm, we feel the samw way about CNN and MSNBC.

Ever find Obama's real Kenyan birth certificate yet?:lol:

It's in the vault with his college transcripts.

So Trump was wrong in saying that he lied to you for 8 years straight and and you ate it up, and now you are begging for more?

You know people like Trump, the Koch brothers, and Putin laugh at your easy gullibility, right? Lying to you is so easy it's like tipping a cow for them. And what's great is you keep begging for more. You can never have enough.

Russian propaganda effort helped spread ?fake news? during election, experts say - The Washington Post

Last edited:
I have ALOT of very conservative friends on FB and in real life, due to my preferred recreational pursuits.

For a few months now, their posts flaunting The Donald everywhere have diminished to where they are almost nil.

It's ok. You can say you like NASCAR.

I have thanks. If you disagree post a link or at the very least some facts.

The 'Winning' meme makes an appearance.

Considering Leftist Democrats have lost so many elections since 2010 that they are the weakest they have been in almost 100 years and aside form obviously fake polls there is no sign that trend is changing, for Trump GOP WINNINGis a lot more than a meme.

Something completely different would have to happen to drop his approval below 37, let alone into the twenties. Forget any of this racism, anti-environmentalism, anti-women, anti-trade, anti-ally, pro-Russia, Russia-collusion, sexual assault, serial lying or other crass behavior we're all already familiar with.

Even Nixon's poll numbers, by the time he was ready to resign, were still in the 30s.

Even Nixon's poll numbers, by the time he was ready to resign, were still in the 30s.

At the time of his resignation it hit 24%. What Trump has done is many degrees worse than anything Nixon even dreamed of doing and Republicans aren't anywhere close to talking impeachment, which means the times have changed. As has already been said, if Watergate happened today absolutely nothing would happen.

Which brings us to Chapter Two in our ongoing series, "Cardinal Is A Total Downer": Not only has Trump's approval not dropped since May, and not only is ~97% of Americans' opinions about him thoroughly baked in, but a very real possibility is that Congressional Republicans think Trump is a pretty good President and approve of the direction he's taking the country in.

At the time of his resignation it hit 24%. What Trump has done is many degrees worse than anything Nixon even dreamed of doing and Republicans aren't anywhere close to talking impeachment, which means the times have changed. As has already been said, if Watergate happened today absolutely nothing would happen.

Which brings us to Chapter Two in our ongoing series, "Cardinal Is A Total Downer": Not only has Trump's approval not dropped since May, and not only is ~97% of Americans' opinions about him thoroughly baked in, but a very real possibility is that Congressional Republicans think Trump is a pretty good President and approve of the direction he's taking the country in.

Even if they don't think he's a pretty good President they can see his voting base remains strong and his voting base is their voting base. This voting base excludes the support he lost between January, when his approval rating was in the mid to high forties, and now. That drop of seven points or more will be significant going forward if it continues.

Even if they don't think he's a pretty good President they can see his voting base remains strong and his voting base is their voting base. This voting base excludes the support he lost between January, when his approval rating was in the mid to high forties, and now. That drop of seven points or more will be significant going forward if it continues.

The political support argument doesn't help you because you're still left with a Congressional approval of 12.6%, and not even the most optimistic of us thinks Trump's approval will ever drop below the twenties.

Back
Top Bottom