• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Only Worry about Foxy Amy Coney Barrett is She's Too Good to Be True.

Wow, reaching into the "way back" machine there. I guess that's why Ted Cruz qualified his statement in 2016 "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year .There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year."

I guess then that this erases his own hypocrisy, eh?
Why is it relevant how long it's been? You asked for, and I gave you two examples of Democrat hypocrisy.

The manifest destiny which is Christian led to the slaughter of native Americans. The south was deeply religious and used the bible to justify slavery. The north was not religious and did not allow slavery. Also the spanish who brought slaves here were catholic and used that to justify their trade.
All of that is nonsense such as "The north was not religious" and the Spanish justified the slave trade by Catholicism are just 2 examples, the same as claiming the Founding Fathers were all atheists. African slave trade dates back to the Egyptians and Muslims were heavily into slavery and the slave trade.

Your messages are foolish. Bigotry is always based upon ignorance and lying.

Wow, reaching into the "way back" machine there. I guess that's why Ted Cruz qualified his statement in 2016 "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year .There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year."

I guess then that this erases his own hypocrisy, eh?
Do you really think Democrats would cede the pick if the situation were reversed?

Why is it relevant how long it's been? You asked for, and I gave you two examples of Democrat hypocrisy.

So modern Democrats -- who, by the way, don't share the same values as Ds from 1916 and 1940 -- should reach back to an era where the rules in the Senate for confirming SCOTUS picks were different?

Do you really think Democrats would cede the pick if the situation were reversed?

Probably not, but they are not the ones who were hypocrites from just 4 years ago.

All of that is nonsense such as "The north was not religious" and the Spanish justified the slave trade by Catholicism are just 2 examples, the same as claiming the Founding Fathers were all atheists. African slave trade dates back to the Egyptians and Muslims were heavily into slavery and the slave trade.

Muslims and Christians are the same so you won't get any arguments from me there. Just two violent Abrahamic religions.

Christipher columbus was christian and wanted to spread Christianity to the new world. He is also responsible for starting the demise of the indigenous people of americas.

So modern Democrats -- who, by the way, don't share the same values as Ds from 1916 and 1940 -- should reach back to an era where the rules in the Senate for confirming SCOTUS picks were different?

Probably not, but they are not the ones who were hypocrites from just 4 years ago.
A democrat from 1916 is pretty much a republican today.

A democrat from 1916 is pretty much a republican today.
Democrats always have to deny the past of the Democratic Party trying to the take credit of the Republican Party.

Democrats always have to deny the past of the Democratic Party trying to the take credit of the Republican Party.
So why did those racist segregationist democrats leave the party and become republican?

...ooga booga, trumpublican 'christians'... ugh...

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. [The Age of Reason]

Dont know squat about her but if mash says shes great that is a sure sign she is terrible

jesse helms, strom thurmond, george wallace, david duke

Wallace?

So of over 600 members of Congress you can name 2 - and of well over 1,000 state legislators you can name one.

Wallace?

So of over 600 members of Congress you can name 2 - and of well over 1,000 state legislators you can name one.
wallace became a republican later in life.

Dont know squat about her but if mash says shes great that is a sure sign she is terrible
Yes. But he only likes her because she makes his dick hard.

Yes they are. They have reversed their stated opinions also.

That's called "hypocrisy".

No, THAT’S called politics. I’m sure you Remember Barry saying “Elections have consequences “. This is what he was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was really stupid of me and I don’t know why you agreed. One of us should have played educated adult. I failed you.

That has become your hallmark...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said she’s not among the best judges in the nation, then proceeded to contradict yourself by saying she’s anti abortion and right wing.

That makes her one of the best judges in the nation.

As far as her looks, well we know conservative women are hotter, in fact that’s well proven even with scientific research. I think you’re just jealous

Ladies and Gentlemen.....it is my pleasure to present to you an exhibit of the mind of the average Trumpian.

If ever this grand experiment we call "American Democracy" does crumble and fall, it will not be due to the military might of any hostile foreign power. If America ever ceases to be the preeminent power and beacon of hope for the world, it will be due to the corrosive, decaying effects of the pseudo-religious alt-right/far-right/white nationalists in this country.

You said she’s not among the best judges in the nation, then proceeded to contradict yourself by saying she’s anti abortion and right wing.

That makes her one of the best judges in the nation.

As far as her looks, well we know conservative women are hotter, in fact that’s well proven even with scientific research. I think you’re just jealous

Are you sure about that? Have you seen carli fiorina? What about lindsey graham?

The manifest destiny which is Christian led to the slaughter of native Americans. The south was deeply religious and used the bible to justify slavery. The north was not religious and did not allow slavery. Also the spanish who brought slaves here were catholic and used that to justify their trade.
First off, the civilizing of the Native Americans was a moral good. It was not genocide and it was not slaughter and to claim that is pure historical ignorance on your part.

Secondly your claim that the north was not very religious prior to the Civil War, is absolutely false. In fact the north east was the Home to all the most aggressive and puritanical forms of Protestant Christianity.

Also, it was not religious Christians in the English colonies that held slaves, the slavery in North America was predominantly driven by educated Men following Enlightenment principles. For lack of a better term, actually it is a perfect term, they were the liberals of their era who owns slaves.

Slavery has practiced in Catholic colonies in the Americas, was far more restrictive to the slaveowners, slaves had many more ways to be free, and The church never condoned to the practice.
Ladies and Gentlemen.....it is my pleasure to present to you an exhibit of the mind of the average Trumpian.

If ever this grand experiment we call "American Democracy" does crumble and fall, it will not be due to the military might of any hostile foreign power. If America ever ceases to be the preeminent power and beacon of hope for the world, it will be due to the corrosive, decaying effects of the pseudo-religious alt-right/far-right/white nationalists in this country.

You mean the mainstream political and moral views in effect when America became a power will destroy it? Lol

Back
Top Bottom