• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Only Worry about Foxy Amy Coney Barrett is She's Too Good to Be True.

She is a right-wing ideologue. But par for the course with the Orange Idiot.

Please provide any comments she has ever made which would indicate she is an ideologue.

Seriously, please provide quotes, or at least explain to us how you arrived at your conclusion?

Or as the saying goes, she is too true to be good!

Please provide any comments she has ever made which would indicate she is an ideologue.

Seriously, please provide quotes, or at least explain to us how you arrived at your conclusion?

"...

Barrett's record on gun rights and immigration cases imply she would be as reliable a vote on the right of the court, as Ginsburg was on the left, according to Jonathan Turley, a professor of law at George Washington University.

"Ginsburg maintained one of the most consistent liberal voting records in the history of the court. Barrett has the same consistency and commitment," he adds. "She is not a work-in-progress like some nominees. She is the ultimate 'deliverable' for conservative votes."

And her vote, alongside a conservative majority, could make the difference for decades ahead, especially on divisive issues such as abortion rights and the Affordable Care Act (the Obama-era health insurance provider).

Barrett's legal opinions and remarks on abortion and gay marriage have made her popular with the religious right, but earned vehement opposition from liberals.

Source

(What you quoted from another source below to my question to YOU in response to you claiming she is an ideologue}

"Barrett's record on gun rights and immigration cases imply she would be as reliable a vote on the right of the court, as Ginsburg was on the left, according to Jonathan Turley, a professor of law at George Washington University.

"Ginsburg maintained one of the most consistent liberal voting records in the history of the court. Barrett has the same consistency and commitment," he adds. "She is not a work-in-progress like some nominees. She is the ultimate 'deliverable' for conservative votes."

And her vote, alongside a conservative majority, could make the difference for decades ahead, especially on divisive issues such as abortion rights and the Affordable Care Act (the Obama-era health insurance provider).

Barrett's legal opinions and remarks on abortion and gay marriage have made her popular with the religious right, but earned vehement opposition from liberals. "

We all understand that she like Ruth Bader Ginsburg are on different parts of a spectrum of judicial thought, but you called her a right wing ideologue, and I asked you show quotes from her which proves "ideologue" and not just a strict constructionist view on matters about the U.S. constitution. Sure, she tends to stand by the 2nd Amendment (right of Americans to keep and bear arms), but she didn't come up with that on her own, it is in our constitution. If she rules in support of a constitutional law, how does that make her an ideologue?

In the end all the left has to throw at Judge Barrett is that she is an observant Catholic. I will remind you that Joe Biden is a Catholic too.

Kagan IS a lesbian and a Marxist and was never a judge when she was nominated. Deny that.
I don't have to deny that she's a lesbian (who would or should even care?) or a marxist (just another lie from a known liar).

YOU have to prove those allegations. You won't, because you can't. Because liars never do.

As for Kagan never serving as a judge before her appointment....I've already addressed that canard. So I'll just quote myself:
So what? Learn some relevant history. Many of the all-time great USSC Justices never served a day on the bench prior to becoming Justices.

John Marshall, William Rehnquist, Lewis Powell Jr., Abe Fortas, Earl Warren, William Douglas, Felix Frankfurter, Louis Brandeis, etc.

Amy Cony Barrett's resume pales in comparison to Kagan's. Barrett spent a couple of years in private practice, after clerking for Scalia. Then spent the next 15 years as an assistant professor at her alma mater. That's it. She "earned" her nomination to the Federal Appellate Court Circuit (skipping over the federal district court circuit entirely) simply by being the most radical right-wing, anti-abortion FEMALE legal scholar in the country.

Face it, Barrett is just another example of conservative affirmative action. The history of our country is replete with "affirmative action for white people". You people call it "merit", but by any objective standard, it's anything but. And you guys LOVE this stuff, as long as it furthers your interests and agenda.

Face it, Mashmont, almost everything you post is an ignorant, hateful lie. That's all you bring to this board, in fact.

Which reminds me...when are you going to take responsibility for all of the ignorant, outrageous statement and failed predictions you made about COVID-19, back in Feb/March, huh?

Never, I'm sure. People like you don't take responsibility. Personal responsibility is for others.

She has mixed race children so of course most white Democrats will rant she is unfit for public office. The racism against her by the Democratic Party for her children is going to be so rabid that it will even be embarrassing to Democratic Party KKK chapters for the level of pure racist hatred.

🤣
For some "odd" reason, EVERY white nationalist type is saying this. And, literally, NO ONE else.

The only people even mentioning her children (which should be off limits to any decent man/woman)..are people like YOU, joko.

Why is that so? [Rhetorical question. We all know the answer. No need for you to respond to it, joko]

🤣
For some "odd" reason, EVERY white nationalist type is saying this. And, literally, NO ONE else.

The only people even mentioning her children (which should be off limits to any decent man/woman)..are people like YOU, joko.

Why is that so? [Rhetorical question. We all know the answer. No need for you to respond to it, joko]

That's a lie. You side is claiming she adopted Haitian children because she is a "white colonialist."

Who is saying this is me and that reason for the attacks against her by Democratic politicians is pure racism.

The KKK is Republican to the core.

No, Democrats are the party of slavery, the KKK, and Jim Crow, and to this day the most racially segregated cities are those which have been controlled by Democrats for decades.

No, Democrats are the party of slavery, the KKK, and Jim Crow, and to this day the most racially segregated cities are those which have been controlled by Democrats for decades.
IN THE 19TH CENTURY. We currently reside in the 21st. Things change, the Ds and the Rs swapped places politically. Do try to keep up.

IN THE 19TH CENTURY. We currently reside in the 21st.

Yes, which is why I pointed out that today, in the year 2020, the most racially segregated cities in the US are the most progressive.
Things change, the Ds and the Rs swapped places politically.

No, they didn't. This is just another dumb political myth like fascism being right wing.

Yes, which is why I pointed out that today, in the year 2020, the most racially segregated cities in the US are the most progressive.

No, they didn't. This is just another dumb political myth like fascism being right wing.
Wrong and yes, Fascism is right-wing.

That's a lie. You side is claiming she adopted Haitian children because she is a "white colonialist."

You're lying again. No surprise.

Post some of these examples of "my side" claiming that she adopted Haitian children because she's a white colonialist, please. Certainly, there are plenty, right? Surely, you're not talking about a single, random, anonymous twitter post, are you? For you to accuse "white Democrats" and "the Democratic Party" of "racist" attacks on her, you MUST have plenty of examples...including some from verifiable, prominent Democrats, right?

Let's see if you were telling the truth, or just lying (as usual). Your habit is to say things that are untrue, and then run away from the responsibility to back them up, or admit to your lies. Time to put up or shut up.

Who is saying this is me and that reason for the attacks against her by Democratic politicians is pure racism.
Well "YOU" don't have much credibility.

And "YOU" certainly don't have any idea what Racism is, and is NOT. The above is just one such example. Even if your lying OP was the truth, it STILL wouldn't be "racism". That's just plain ignorant of you.

Like a lot of conservative white guys, you have a grievance complex that governs a lot of your reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom