• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Only Worry about Foxy Amy Coney Barrett is She's Too Good to Be True.

It's really hard to imagine a more perfect justice ---or person---than Amy Coney Barrett.

Devout in her faith. Extremely family-oriented. Adopted poor black children. Went through with her pregnancy with a Downs Syndrome Child. Considered among the most brilliant lawyers. She's one of the best judges in the nation. Does TONS of charity work. She's young. And drop-dead gorgeous.

America is so lucky God felt moved to lend America one of His saints.

I thought Christians were not supposed to engage in idol worship?

So I guess all the leftwingers who said 0bama must be allowed to seat Merrick Garland are hypocrites too.

The fact is, in history both parties have been on both ends of this. And in every case, both have acted in their self-interests every time. 2020 is no different.
Entirely fair IMHO. Principles here don't exist. But a party can't make up one set of rules, then turn around and declare the opposite set of rules applies 4 years later. Whatever the rules are -- IDFC -- each party gets a seat. Or it's just a naked power grab and everything else be damned, which appears to be how Rs want to play it. In which case, screw democracy, lets' all just hate each other and turn into one more &*^%hole country run by a dictator.

If you're going to call Republicans hypocrites, is it not reasonable for you to call Democrats hypocrites for the exact same reason?
Almost all politicians are hypocrites. Right now, the hypocrisy is on the side of the Rs. I guess you feel that's acceptable?

Entirely fair IMHO. Principles here don't exist. But a party can't make up one set of rules, then turn around and declare the opposite set of rules applies 4 years later. Whatever the rules are -- IDFC -- each party gets a seat. Or it's just a naked power grab and everything else be damned, which appears to be how Rs want to play it. In which case, screw democracy, lets' all just hate each other and turn into one more &*^%hole country run by a dictator.
I don't recall a rule change. But I am very glad Mitch is fighting for this. The seat is too important to give away. The lives of many babies hang in the balance.

Republicans have the votes. They should approve her without a hearing. They shouldn't allow Democrats to make another sideshow and try to personally destroy this wonderful woman they want they did Kavanaugh. Amy is too good for that.
The left is just a bunch of cry babies. They whine and cry foul every time they don't get their liberal wish. Barrett is highly qualified and that's all that should matter. Trump is still the President until Jan 20 regardless of what happens in the Nov election and regardless of what democrats want or what ever last wish RBG may have repeated to her granddaughter. It all make no difference except Trump is legally correct and the Republicans have the votes. Cry liberals, cry.

Almost all politicians are hypocrites. Right now, the hypocrisy is on the side of the Rs. I guess you feel that's acceptable?
Democrats who changed their tune from 2016 about the sitting president getting to choose are hypocrites too. If the R's are hypocrites, so are the D's. But yeah, I'm glad Mitch is fighting for this important seat.

Democrats who changed their tune from 2016 about the sitting president getting to choose are hypocrites too. If the R's are hypocrites, so are the D's. But yeah, I'm glad Mitch is fighting for this important seat.
So you ARE saying hypocrisy if fine as long as it benefits your viewpoint. Thanks!

You can't see the Democrat Party for what it is; because:

When you see propaganda, you believe it is news...

When you see news, you believe it is propaganda...
When I see ignorant, low-information, fake-news wingnuts...I treat their empty-headed arguments with the respect they deserve.

There a very good reason why FoxNews viewers score lower on tests of basic current events than EVERY other demographic in the country....including people who pay no attention to the news or current events at all.

There is no universe (not even the right-wing/alt-right universe) in which Barrett is considered "among the most brilliant lawyers", nor "one of the best judges in the nation". She's a hardcore right-wing, anti-abortion ideologue...with ovaries. Those are her qualifications. Everyone understands that.

And what kind of cretin would even consider physical attractiveness as a criteria (for, or against) in choosing a USSC justice? This just lends insight into the mentality of the lonely white dudes who make up Trump's base.
You said she’s not among the best judges in the nation, then proceeded to contradict yourself by saying she’s anti abortion and right wing.

That makes her one of the best judges in the nation.

As far as her looks, well we know conservative women are hotter, in fact that’s well proven even with scientific research. I think you’re just jealous

So you ARE saying hypocrisy if fine as long as it benefits your viewpoint. Thanks!
Apparently you're fine with hypocrisy of the Democrats flip-flopping from 2016. Thanks.

As far as her looks, well we know conservative women are hotter, in fact that’s well proven even with scientific research. I think you’re just jealous

That really is true. I mean look at the other women on the court.

Apparently you're fine with hypocrisy of the Democrats flip-flopping from 2016. Thanks.
Here's the issue: McConnell set a precedent. Words are words until they are put into action. McConnell put his words into action, so now we have real evidence of actual hypocrisy.

Here's the issue: McConnell set a precedent. Words are words until they are put into action. McConnell put his words into action, so now we have real evidence of actual hypocrisy.
Actually, no. Biden set the precedent. That's why they call it the 'Biden Rule'.

That really is true. I mean look at the other women on the court.

If you knew nothing else about Kagan You would know there was a 0% chance she was a conservative just by looking at her.

Actually, no. Biden set the precedent. That's why they call it the 'Biden Rule'.
I'm guessing you have a reading comprehension issue. I said "words are words until they are put into action".

Now, try again.

If you knew nothing else about Kagan You would know there was a 0% chance she was a conservative just by looking at her.
It will be so nice to have a beautiful heterosexual woman on the court for a change.

I'm guessing you have a reading comprehension issue. I said "words are words until they are put into action".

Now, try again.
When have Democrats ceded a SCOTUS pick to the next president? I'll wait.

When have Democrats ceded a SCOTUS pick to the next president? I'll wait.

When have they had the opportunity to do so?

I'll wait.

You wrote: "Christianity caused african slavery" - which is a purely ignorant message.

It was a Catholic Pope who degreed that Native Americans have souls ending their being totally slaughtered and treated merely as animals - an outrageous act in your apparent opinion of "the only good Indian is a dead Indian."

Christianity was the reason slavery was outlawed in Europe and the USA - another reason your messages are so hateful about Christians.

Do you have fan pictures of Mao on your wall? Stalin your #1 hero?
The manifest destiny which is Christian led to the slaughter of native Americans. The south was deeply religious and used the bible to justify slavery. The north was not religious and did not allow slavery. Also the spanish who brought slaves here were catholic and used that to justify their trade.

They reveal themselves every time something like this comes up.

They don't want judges who do their best to interpret the constitution. They want judges who decide cases to serve their political positions full stop.
^^ above said without the slightest bit of irony or introspection.

Did Ruth Ginsburg never exist ?HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Can you say liberal activist?????? Times ten to the third.
Does any liberal own a mirror.SHEEESH

I

1916 and 1940. They didn't wait until the election.

Wow, reaching into the "way back" machine there. I guess that's why Ted Cruz qualified his statement in 2016 "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year .There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year."

I guess then that this erases his own hypocrisy, eh?

The choice is a government being run by religious principles or atheist principles. There is no such thing as neither. And so we go with Christian principles since they are clearly better.

...the current crop of republican/crat scumbags would kill jesus all over again were he to return...word... if jesus saves, he'd better save himself from the gd cretins who use his name in war...

...republican fools can't understand that it was jesus the wise, the loving, the compassionate, the peaceful, the honest...not jesus the rush limbaugh-sucking fool, the hateful, the champion terrorist, the lying scumbag...

...btw, apparently republican cheerleaders don't understand what 'agnostic' means as truly intelligent people 'don't know' when it comes to 'god'... unlike the religious and atheist fools who claim 'they know'... ugh...

Back
Top Bottom