• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The NRA Says That The Senate Will Pay For Disloyalty

So, a number of legislative proposals are up for a vote to defund Planned Parenthood.
All the pro Planned Parenthood PACs are out in force clearly telling their purchased legislators they'd better vote it down, or they'll pay.

And you'd not call that a threat?

Same difference. 'They'll pay', the Senators will pay by being voted out of office. I'm not seeing your problem here.

So, a number of legislative proposals are up for a vote to defund Planned Parenthood.
All the pro Planned Parenthood PACs are out in force clearly telling their purchased legislators they'd better vote it down, or they'll pay.

And you'd not call that a threat?

Same difference. 'They'll pay', the Senators will pay by being voted out of office. I'm not seeing your problem here.

it was a dishonest attempt to insinuate that the NRA (the real target of the bannerrhoid movement, not armed criminals) was threatening VIOLENCE.

it was a dishonest attempt to insinuate that the NRA (the real target of the bannerrhoid movement, not armed criminals) was threatening VIOLENCE.

The VIOLENCE most often comes from criminals that don't give a **** what the gun laws and restrictions are, as they shoot innocent people on the street, against which, these much lauded gun restrictions won't do **** one against, and ones that the law abiding gun owners will be forced to follow, and will have continue to have their constitutional rights infringed, the first of many rights to fall at the hands of the unprincipled left end of the political spectrum.

Using logic similar to their own, one just continue.

All we have to do is to take a look at the state of Chicago, at the Kate Steinle murder, or Orlando, for example, to see the type of future continued gun bans and ever more gun free zones are planned, because, let's face it, there will always be evil and unbalanced people who will find ways to get a hold of guns to commit their heinous acts. If not guns then knives or baseball bats. It is simply impossible to lock up all possible weapons against all possible evil doers.

You didn't read the link did you....

apparently he didn't. but when NRA hatred is what motivates anti gun posters, factual foul ups are a given

Nope. But we're talking about the NRA aren't we.

Other organizations pay more to influence government. The NRA is hardly alone in paying regarding policy. Far fewer of them are trying to protect a constitutional right.

I applaud the NRA for protecting not only the 2A, but 4A as well. I rewarded them by getting my gf a lifetime membership.

Other organizations pay more to influence government. The NRA is hardly alone in paying regarding policy. Far fewer of them are trying to protect a constitutional right.

Hell Bloomberg alone has spent over $50M to try and deprive American citizens of their right to defend themselves.

Which one of those listed organizations publicly threatened the US senate? Secondly what have I reported that is untrue?

Which one of those listed organizations publicly threatened the US senate? Secondly what have I reported that is untrue?

Please. Telling a politician you are going work to make sure he doesn't get elected is completely legitimate and a necessary part of the electoral process.

Please. Telling a politician you are going work to make sure he doesn't get elected is completely legitimate and a necessary part of the electoral process.

No, you please: for a lobby group to come out publicly and tell the senate that they will pay is an open threat. The hubris in that alone should tell you something about the relationship, not to mention the 36 mill that the NRA has paid the senate for its services. THAT is the point.

"Johnny does it too" won't wash. We're talking about the NRA.

No, you please: for a lobby group to come out publicly and tell the senate that they will pay is an open threat. The hubris in that alone should tell you something about the relationship, not to mention the 36 mill that the NRA has paid the senate for its services. THAT is the point.

Your arguments are absurd. :lamo

A threat to get him unelected. So what. That's what lobbying groups do. They throw money around to get the people they like elected. And they throw money around to get the people they don't like unelected. Why are you finding this surprising?

Your last sentence seems to imply that the NRA isn't supposed to play by the rules that other lobbyists play by. Why is that?

Huh!! Punishing politicians at the polls is what politics is all about. One is duty bound to remove politicians who act contrary to the constitution. Who the hell does gun control think it is that it can flaunt the constitution and then cry wolf when it is made to pay.

You cannot buy politicians with money and if the NRA is stupid enough to think it can I'll bet no politicians is ever going to tell them.

You can buy them all with votes.

Last edited:

Loaded question.

It was not a threat but a promise.

No, you please: for a lobby group to come out publicly and tell the senate that they will pay is an open threat. The hubris in that alone should tell you something about the relationship, not to mention the 36 mill that the NRA has paid the senate for its services. THAT is the point."Johnny does it too" won't wash. We're talking about the NRA.

How fascinating that you believe that the NRA, with their tiny membership of 3 million, can wag the tail of the rest of the country of 320 million people. :lamo

If your 36 million dollar number is true, which I doubt, it pales in the scope of the many millions that Bloomberg has spent over the years. :lamo

The reality is that Americans are OK with the current gun laws - the sooner you recognize that, the sooner you will stop whining about the NRA (who, for the record, I don't like, and I am not a member).

So, the thuggery of the NRA has reach its zenith of arrogance and they are threatening the US government.

NRA strategist: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' | TheHill

Your extreme bias, clouds your ability to decipher what is being said.

You seem to forget that elected politicians work for us, the people, and can be ousted by us, the people! When he says they will pay a price, that's not a threat by the NRA, it's a promise that Americans won't stand for this gun grabbing nonsense!

If a lobby group wants to campaign against certain politicians it is their right to do so.

Ditto!

and the problem is?

You do know how freedom of speech works right?

Yes it does and I agree.

Well just like you and 5 million of your fellow anti gunners could also threaten the US senate to bring them in line with agenda... if you could find 5 million followers.

Instead you rely on a few rich fat cats:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/us/bloomberg-plans-a-50-million-challenge-to-the-nra.html?_r=0

One guy spending millions to threaten Congress... that's fine with you.

Millions of gun owners voicing their constitutional right to free speech? Terrible in your eyes... "thugs" huh?

Giant Fail on your part.

BIG fail on the part of jet.

MOre hysterical anti NRA nonsense from a hard core gun hater. But this thread is useful. It proves what I have said for years-the anti gun movement is not ANTI CRIMINAL but rather ANTI NRA and the politics of gun owners.

Thanks Jet, you proved my point yet again

:thumbs::thumbs:

Hey Jet, I think you've got that the wrong way around. I think the NRA is fed up with the arrogance of the US government (and frankly so am I).

How many more times is there going to be legislation and regulation that punishes law abiding gun owners by infringing on their 2nd amendment rights?
Legislation and regulation that do exactly squat diddly poo in preventing the incidents that they claim they are to reduce? (and have proven not to in the least)

Mega dittos!

So it's okay for a lobby group to publicly threaten the US senate for NOT going along with the group's agenda.

You need to cool your jets........ before you have a burn out.

They aren't threatening violence, they're threatening a repeat of 1994 after the last AWB. They're threatening what happened to CO officials after supporting gun control.

Its called voting the bastards out!

Amen to that!

Nice dodge.

Funny how you ignore it when it's your agenda, but let a liberal group say something like that and Holy Hell would break loose allover right-wing media.

So, it's okay for an agenda group to threaten the US senate.

Sure is! The gays and the Prophylactic Brigade, do it all the time!

Thing is, you are trying to redefine the word threat, to suit your own bias.

of course it is if the threat is one that is not illegal

its perfectly legal to threaten a politician with

1) not voting for her

2) not campaigning for her

3) taking out ads noting that the politician is a bannerrhoid scumbag or a sycophant of the Bannerrhoid movement

4) not contributing to the politicians who vote against one's interest

you are dishonestly trying to make people think "threaten" is confined to something pernicious

Typical liberal....;)

As a voice of the people, of course.

Precisely!

Back
Top Bottom