• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The NRA Says That The Senate Will Pay For Disloyalty

Even if it is contrary to the will of its members? I think that is despicable.

That is an internal issue between the NRA leadership and their members, we have elections and bylaws to handle that.

That is an internal issue between the NRA leadership and their members, we have elections and bylaws to handle that.

It never the less shows that the NRA is not responsive to its members and has another agenda that benefits its most lucrative sponsor, the gun manufacturers. Why should they determine our laws? Is money more important than lives?

It never the less shows that the NRA is not responsive to its members and has another agenda that benefits its most lucrative sponsor, the gun manufacturers. Why should they determine our laws? Is money more important than lives?

What issues does the NRA leadership show they care more about manufacturers then their members?

So, the thuggery of the NRA has reach its zenith of arrogance and they are threatening the US government.

NRA strategist: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' | TheHill

This story and the utter arrogance of the NRA reminds me of the old adage asking why does the man kick his dog...... and the answer being because he can.

The NRA is the master of most of the Republicans in Congress and they are the dog who must crawl before their master or risk his wrath. Its sad - but after the Cincinnati Revolt where the NRA became hopelessly politicized, this has been the result.

And there really sad reality here is that on things like universal background checks, the leadership of the NRA is far more extreme and uncompromising that many of their more reasonable members.

Nothing in that statement meets the legal threshold of a threat.

The leadership of the NRA need NOT make any threat in their official statement since some of their members do that for them. The sick idea that we hear far far far too often that 'if our rights are taken away - thats what we have our guns for' or a variation of it is indeed the threat of violence and mayhem that is implicit in too much of the gun talk buy its more extreme fanatics.

**** the NRA.

this is, of course, the main current motivating the Bannerrhoid movement in the USA. its not about crime control, its not about stopping terrorists who are usually willing and committed to die in their jihad against the west, its all about hard core leftwing operatives hating the NRA's effective advocacy against the creeping crud of collectivist thought in the USA

Even if it is contrary to the will of its members? I think that is despicable.

if the members don't like it, they don't have to remain members. Lots of Democrats don't like the moronic anti gun idiocy of harridans like Feinsweine and Hildabeast either

The one silver lining in the cloud of Congressional impotence on guns is that each episode only exposes the radical nature of the NRA leadership and how removed and distant they are from the American people. The Cincinnati Revolt saw the NRA radicalized and politicized and the result was a perversion of a once proud organization that was tremendously useful in the field of hunting and gun education. Now its simply a right wing political group that constantly gives the Italian salute to the nation because its leaders permanently live at the intersection of Paranoia Place and Slippery Slope Street.

Michael Waldman has a superb book on the Second Amendment which details the Cincinnati revolt and the political radicalization which followed leading to a thirty year campaign resulting in Heller.

The Second Amendment | Book by Michael Waldman | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster

Everyone with an interest in the issue should read it.

Eventually, this will catch up to them.... although I suspect not soon enough.

So, the NRA Can threaten the US senate to bring them in line with agenda.

We have a Corporate government, this sort of thing is not limited to the NRA.

This is why tax payers funded banks to big to fail and not a single banker answered for the collapse.

So, the NRA Can threaten the US senate to bring them in line with agenda.

Gun control does it all the time just behind closed doors.

It is legitimate lobbying as it is the only POWER citizens have. Gun control is based on it.

So, the thuggery of the NRA has reach its zenith of arrogance and they are threatening the US government.

NRA strategist: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' | TheHill

Looks like self defence to me. On what basis of truth is the NRA responsible for violence? I think that is were the thuggery is. The agenda driven zealots of gun control will not own up to their complicity in mass shootings in gun free zones but seek to blame others as deflection of guilt.

So now its thuggery to defend constitutional rights against a government that seeks to violate them. Brilliant thinking.

So it's okay for a lobby group to publicly threaten the US senate for NOT going along with the group's agenda.

Threats can be many things and you know that. You also know what they meant by it.....so stop playing coy.

This story and the utter arrogance of the NRA reminds me of the old adage asking why does the man kick his dog...... and the answer being because he can.

The NRA is the master of most of the Republicans in Congress and they are the dog who must crawl before their master or risk his wrath. Its sad - but after the Cincinnati Revolt where the NRA became hopelessly politicized, this has been the result.

And there really sad reality here is that on things like universal background checks, the leadership of the NRA is far more extreme and uncompromising that many of their more reasonable members.

Yeah, the Revolt was a radical right-wing coup d'état that opened the door to the Republican party and three years later, Reagan let in the radical religious right as well and it was done: just like Jack Welch of The John Birch Society predicted.

The NRA has paid out 36 million dollars to the Republican senate, so that their agenda can be followed to a tee.

But we haven't had a senate or house that with a desire to facilitate terrorism until now.

Gun control does it all the time just behind closed doors.

It is legitimate lobbying as it is the only POWER citizens have. Gun control is based on it.

Prove it.

Looks like self defence to me. On what basis of truth is the NRA responsible for violence? I think that is were the thuggery is. The agenda driven zealots of gun control will not own up to their complicity in mass shootings in gun free zones but seek to blame others as deflection of guilt.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're lying.

So now its thuggery to defend constitutional rights against a government that seeks to violate them. Brilliant thinking.

The NRA is defending nothing. They are paying for a service from the US senate.

Ga'head - ask me how I know that.

Back
Top Bottom