• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

TimmyBoy said:
War mongering can get you killed too. Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Exactly.:2razz: In fact violence breeds more violence. Belligerent people from violent anarchists to facists snobbishly dismiss this idea as a clishe. Look at the decades of horror that followed the Russian Revolution, or the many revolutions in Africa, or even the American Revolution, which accelerated the genocide of the Indians.
http://ranprieur.com/essays/vipac.html

I'm not pulling it. If you notice, alot of death penalty advocates pull it. Anyways, the death penalty just extends the chain of violence, all murder whethercommitted by the state or a single person is murder. Plain as day.

NO IT DOESNT THE DEATH PENALTY ENDS THE CHAIN OF VIOLENCE. How does ending a killer extend the violence? Actually it will end his little escapade. Dont see your logic there my friend.

Dude, the death penalty is not eye for an eye, its eye for a tooth. Last timeI checked we don't torture the torturer, or rape a rapist.

Well thats why we stick 2by4's up the rapists a$$es. :rofl

The thieves we cut off their hands. Hey, it works for Turkey.

And if someone graffitied on an overpass "the troops are terrorists." We enlist that individual into terrorist boot camp. :rofl

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
And if someone graffitied on an overpass "the troops are terrorists." We enlist that individual into terrorist boot camp.
How about giving out the Death Penalty for parking violations, Mr. Presi-MATIC?

Billo_Really said:
How about giving out the Death Penalty for parking violations, Mr. Presi-MATIC?

No for parking violations we give them a parking ticket and the sentence would be a parking pass to make them park at the furthest parking spot away for a month to teach them a lesson.

Nobody, other than GOD should decide the FATE of ones life... That shall be out of our hands. If killing someone is wrong, why should we do it? If it is a crime, why are we placing ourselves on that level? Wouldn't that make us criminals too. I am not condoning criminal behavior, but GOD shall make the ultimate punishmate on Judgment day.

alphieb said:
Nobody, other than GOD should decide the FATE of ones life... That shall be out of our hands. If killing someone is wrong, why should we do it? If it is a crime, why are we placing ourselves on that level? Wouldn't that make us criminals too. I am not condoning criminal behavior, but GOD shall make the ultimate punishmate on Judgment day.

I'm assuming you're referring to the God of the Bible. The same God who simultaneously commands killing and prohibits it.

And on Judgment day, do the multitudes of homosexual, pedophile priests go to heaven because they believe in Jesus but the people who are unsure of Christ's divinity yet live good, honorable lives are banished by God who loves them but sends them to a place where they're tormented for eternity with no hope of escape?

The Bible is truly the single most insane thing I've ever witnessed.

Last edited:
The Real McCoy said:
I'm assuming you're referring to the God of the Bible. The same God who simultaneously commands killing and prohibits it.

And on Judgment day, do the multitudes of homosexual, pedophile priests go to heaven because they believe in Jesus but the people who are unsure of Christ's divinity yet live good, honorable lives are banished by God who loves them but sends them to a place where they're tormented for eternity with no hope of escape?

Dude, I think that is the most truthful peice you've ever written.:2razz:

Saboteur said:
Yeah I though of that too. But wow wouldn't that be expensive! We'd have to first shoot the death row inmate into space... wait until he/she is far enough away from the planet and moon and then use a nuke to evaporate the space craft.

I think waiting until they get too old to function after years of not seeing the light of day is the best way to execute someone.

Well hell, why don't we just have public hangings? Many sick individuals like yourself's would attend...... You sicko's......enjoy

Personally I think the best way to execute someone is to tell them their free, they got a pardon and let them walk out the door. However, about 1000 yards down the road..... BLAM! sniper practice. Just have to make sure the public never finds out... :devil:

The Real McCoy said:

McCoy,

First of all, I think homosexuality is a defect you must overcome (highly controversial) by god. No pedophile on the face of the earth (whether priest or not, is good) and they shall rot in hell, unless they repent (but I personally do not think their is any forgiveness for that). I think people that are unsure of Jesus and have a good heart and do right by others shall still go to heaven, regardless if they truly believe or not. Our God is a Good and has Mersey on everyone and loves us all...

alphieb said:
McCoy,

First of all, I think homosexuality is a defect you must overcome (highly controversial) by god. No pedophile on the face of the earth (whether priest or not, is good) and they shall rot in hell, unless they repent (but I personally do not think their is any forgiveness for that). I think people that are unsure of Jesus and have a good heart and do right by others shall still go to heaven, regardless if they truly believe or not. Our God is a Good and has Mersey on everyone and loves us all...

"No pedophile on the face of the earth (whether priest or not, is good) and they shall rot in hell, unless they repent (but I personally do not think their is any forgiveness for that"

"God is a Good and has Mersey on everyone and loves us all"

The Real McCoy said:
"No pedophile on the face of the earth (whether priest or not, is good) and they shall rot in hell, unless they repent (but I personally do not think their is any forgiveness for that"

"God is a Good and has Mersey on everyone and loves us all"

fIND YOUR OWN IDEAS PLEASE

The Real McCoy said:

I couldn't agree more.

And you said we could never get on! ;)

Naughty Nurse said:
I couldn't agree more.

And you said we could never get on! ;)

So would you think that faith and hope is an insane concept? Is it an "opium of the people" as communists like to put it, in your view?

TimmyBoy said:
So would you think that faith and hope is an insane concept? Is it an "opium of the people" as communists like to put it, in your view?

I should reiterate my statement. The entire Bible is not insane by any means, but many parts of it are, particularly the Old Testament. (I stated this in a different thread but I'll do it again) I do, however, believe Jesus is the son of God and savior of man and that the things he said were true. Despite the contradictions and hypocricy in the Bible, I believe the overall message is clear and that people get too caught up in specifics which explains the long, sad history of Christian churches over the last 2000 years.

And please, don't ever even remotely associate me with communists.

The Real McCoy i agree with BIllo what he means is bury him a live
for a traffic offence with the police officer.

na stake thru his fooking heart,if guilty.

mikeey

There is no humane form. The death penalty is wrong. Hence, the US and China are the only "civilized" countries that still employ it.
The US has more people in prison than any other country. We are 5% of the world population, but we incarcerate over 1/3:
http://www.123helpme.com/assets/10421.html

The Real McCoy said:

Ok first off, enough with the God hate speech here. How many times do I have to tell you people to respect others beleifs. What? You think you have a better theory? Well please let me hear it.

Also God does not condone any killing whatsoever hence the reason for "thou shalt not kill." It isnt that God condones killing it is the religions concoction of God that condones it. Everyone has their own beleif and interpretation of what God truly is and what His word says. People need to understand that and respect that. So what if you dont beleive in God. If you dont beleive in Him then I have no right to intrude on your beleifs and vice versa.

Now yes she did mention God in the debate however, if you are going to debate about whethor or not God said this or that at least do so in a more sensible manor. You can at least debate the matter without badgering her beleifs.

kal-el said:
There is no humane form. The death penalty is wrong. Hence, the US and China are the only "civilized" countries that still employ it.
The US has more people in prison than any other country. We are 5% of the world population, but we incarcerate over 1/3:
http://www.123helpme.com/assets/10421.html

Ummm let me get your numbers straight here my good friend. So we have 5% of the worlds population. So that would be around 300,000,000 right? Now we incarcerate 1/3 of that which would be 100,000,000. You mean to tell me we have around 100,000,000 people imprisoned? I dont think so bud.
You had better check those numbers again.

And are you absolutely sure the US and China are the only countrues that use the death penalty? You had better check that once again as well.

C'mon kal-el I thought by hanging around me and gunny you would be a little better than this.

SKILMATIC said:
Ummm let me get your numbers straight here my good friend. So we have 5% of the worlds population. So that would be around 300,000,000 right? Now we incarcerate 1/3 of that which would be 100,000,000. You mean to tell me we have around 100,000,000 people imprisoned? I dont think so bud.
You had better check those numbers again.

Skilly, did you even bother to read my source? If you did, It cites it:
The U.S. constitutes one third of the world's population that is imprisoned while it only makes up five percent population

And are you absolutely sure the US and China are the only countrues that use the death penalty? You had better check that once again as well.

I didn't say that. I said the US and China are the only civilized countries that use it. There are some 87 countries which retain the death penalty, but only a dozen or so use it.
http://www.geocities.com/ainoarwen/profiler/trivial/dp.htm
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=127&scid=30

C'mon kal-el I thought by hanging around me and gunny you would be a little better than this.

:rofl Skilly, i think you misunderestimated me!

SKILMATIC said:
Also God does not condone any killing whatsoever hence the reason for "thou shalt not kill." It isnt that God condones killing it is the religions concoction of God that condones it. Everyone has their own beleif and interpretation of what God truly is and what His word says. People need to understand that and respect that. So what if you dont beleive in God. If you dont beleive in Him then I have no right to intrude on your beleifs and vice versa.

Yes, "thou shalt not kill" the 6th commandment. It seems your "mystical" god violates his own commandment:
http://www.stjohndc.org/russian/Command/e_Command_06_deathpen.htm
http://www.religioustolerance.org/exe_bibl.htm

It seems your man in the clouds is nothing but a murderer, and should be subject to prosecution and execution!:lol:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/notkill.html

Skilly, did you even bother to read my source? If you did, It cites it:
The U.S. constitutes one third of the world's population that is imprisoned while it only makes up five percent population

Again let me restate what you just said in concordance to that link which then you will see why its so confusing mathematically. "The US has more people in prison than any other country. We are 5% of the world population, but we incarcerate over 1/3:" Sounds pretty straight forward to me. But I do understand you misunderstood your own link.

I didn't say that. I said the US and China are the only civilized countries that use it.

Again I said "civilized" is a perception to anyone. IMO China isnt civilized at all. However, each to their own I guess.

Skilly, i think you misunderestimated me!

Maybe but you needed to explain the info of your links better. Cause you got the numbers all wrong.

Yes, "thou shalt not kill" the 6th commandment. It seems your "mystical" god violates his own commandment:

Yes he does but that commandment wasnt commanded towards Him it was commanded towards the people of the world. He is the only one that can judge therefore he is the only one that can give or take a life. Hence "Vengeance is mine I shall repay sayeth the Lord." So again he does have His own agenda and its because He is the Jugde of judges. The 10 commandments was a law given to man not God remember God was the one who dictated that Law to Moses. God is the only one who can judge man. Remember Tupac "Only God can judge me." Yes, although God says thou shalt not kill doesnt mean He cant jugde and deliver the punishment to man.

It seems your man in the clouds is nothing but a murderer, and should be subject to prosecution and execution!

Actually its all perception. One may look at His judgment as murder others may look at it as karma while others may look at it as payment for sins. Again it all goes back to personal beleif or perception. All I am doing is telling you what the Bible says.

In a God beleivers sense God created the world and because he stands righteous he is able to judge the world he created. He as the creator has laid a set of laws to abide by and if we dont abide by them then we suffer the consequences that He will deliver.

SKILMATIC said:
Again let me restate what you just said in concordance to that link which then you will see why its so confusing mathematically. "The US has more people in prison than any other country. We are 5% of the world population, but we incarcerate over 1/3:" Sounds pretty straight forward to me. But I do understand you misunderstood your own link.

I ment the US imprisons over 1/3 of it's population, not 1/3 of the world's population.

Again I said "civilized" is a perception to anyone. IMO China isnt civilized at all. However, each to their own I guess.

China, Japan, they all look the same to me. Actually, the US and Japan are the only major industrial countries to enforce it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1383018.stm

It seems I was mistaken when I said China. Please forgive me your heinous.:2razz:

Maybe but you needed to explain the info of your links better. Cause you got the numbers all wrong.

What do you mean? 5% is wrong? http://www.mindfully.org/Sustainability/Americans-Consume-24percent.htm

Yes he does but that commandment wasnt commanded towards Him it was commanded towards the people of the world. He is the only one that can judge therefore he is the only one that can give or take a life. Hence "Vengeance is mine I shall repay sayeth the Lord." So again he does have His own agenda and its because He is the Jugde of judges. The 10 commandments was a law given to man not God remember God was the one who dictated that Law to Moses. God is the only one who can judge man. Remember Tupac "Only God can judge me." Yes, although God says thou shalt not kill doesnt mean He cant jugde and deliver the punishment to man.

You don't need to tell me he can take lives...:lol: Using a gun-toting thug dosen't improve your credibility, man.:2razz:

Actually its all perception. One may look at His judgment as murder others may look at it as karma while others may look at it as payment for sins. Again it all goes back to personal beleif or perception. All I am doing is telling you what the Bible says.

How many different ways can one spin it? Murder is murder.

In a God beleivers sense God created the world and because he stands righteous he is able to judge the world he created. He as the creator has laid a set of laws to abide by and if we dont abide by them then we suffer the consequences that He will deliver.

All rightee then. Skilly, you should join the 700 club!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom