• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The More Fruit and Vegetables You Eat, the Less Likely You Are to Die

So why die decades earlier for no other reason than ignorance and gluttony? it's your choice, but this is a self help forum.

go ahead and be obese. yer gonna die anyway

Eating your vegetables doesn't add decades by the way. You make it sound like if I don't eat them I am doomed. I am not.

Eating your vegetables doesn't add decades by the way. You make it sound like if I don't eat them I am doomed. I am not.

And by the way there are plenty of people who eat vegetables along with other things that would be considered unhealthy, and those people are doing just fine.

Exactly, there is no proof that vegetarians live longer than those that eat balanced diets. Veganism is the drug of choice for those with eating disorders too.

My brother and I have been playing soccer since we could kick a ball. All throughout high school and college. We knew how to take care of our bodies. You're not fooling anyone when you say things like this. There is a reason why junk food is eaten so much. It tastes really good. It also effects your brain in ways that more healthy foods don't. Sure large amounts of it are bad, however, stop with the crap like this about vegetables tasting better than simple carbs or meat. It simply isn't true. There are plenty of people that eat meat daily that have enough activity in their life to counter act the problems that can arise. Just because you don't want to eat meat doesn't mean that your opinions are facts. They aren't, and you need to stop pretending they are.

another problem is that our meat supply is not as good as other countries. That's supposing you don't care about the other reasons for eating less of it

And by the way there are plenty of people who eat vegetables along with other things that would be considered unhealthy, and those people are doing just fine.

so you're here arguing to eat bad things because some people are still alive? fine, I guess that's a defense mechanism.

Eat more fruits and vegetables. This shouldn't be that controversial nor threatening.

so you're here arguing to eat bad things because some people are still alive? fine, I guess that's a defense mechanism.

Eat more fruits and vegetables. This shouldn't be that controversial nor threatening.

I'm not saying to people that they should eat bad things; it's up to them how they want to choose their diet. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of people out there who eat vegetables AND junk/unhealthy food, and they aren't all suffering from diabetes because of it. And I know, because I'm one of those people who do eat both vegetables (and other healthy foods) and junk food, and I constantly alternate between the two.

I'm not saying to people that they should eat bad things; it's up to them how they want to choose their diet. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of people out there who eat vegetables AND junk/unhealthy food, and they aren't all suffering from diabetes because of it. And I know, because I'm one of those people who do eat both vegetables (and other healthy foods) and junk food, and I constantly alternate between the two.

That's nice. You might notice there's an obesity and diabetes epidemic in the US and this is a self help forum

you know, it's been said people who promote a different, healthier way of eating such as increasing fruits and veggies and reducing huge meat portions, junk food and fried are insufferable. What does that make people who get threatened by others improving themselves to the point that they make posts like your childish one up above?
If you were really secure you'd simply keep on eating tons of meat, dying young and ignore these kinds of threads.

LOL . I not the guy preaching about what others should eat , or telling them what YOU think is good for them . :lamo

A study of 65,226 men and women indicated the more fruit and vegetables people ate, the less likely they were to die – at any given age.
Risk of death by any cause over the course of the study was reduced by:
14% by eating one to three portions of fruit or veg per day
29% for three to five
36% for five to seven
42% for seven or more (up to around 10 portions a day)
Fresh vegetables had the strongest protective effect, followed by salad and then fruit.

The More Fruit and Vegetables You Eat, the Less Likely You Are to Die

What!!?? A well balanced diet including the appropriate servings of fruits and vegetables are good for you!!!!???? Holy ****, stop the presses, the People need to know!

What!!?? A well balanced diet including the appropriate servings of fruits and vegetables are good for you!!!!???? Holy ****, stop the presses, the People need to know!

Stunning news, who'd have thought it?

yeah, why the fear, deflection and outrage? telling isn't it?

Your probability of dying remains 1 whatever you eat.

"It's not life, but the quality of life that matters."
I don't know where I read it but it sounds like Wilde.

that is exactly right

I do not believe we can extend our life by one second

BUT

our diet definitely influences our health up until that death

it can be healthy OR filled with pills

According to the Bible, people used to live hundreds of years .. .. of course, you're right, they still eventually died. :lol:

Nevertheless, there's a product out there called Cellgevity that claims to enhance our glutathion production to the degree that if we take it religiously from our mid-twenties, we'll never rust, meaning we'll never succumb to degenerative diseases like cancer, stroke, and heart attack. And with regard to those fruits and vegetables, products like Juice Plus have long ago proven there's definite value to the OP's claim.

Of course, children with cancer and heart defects suggest that our genetics still trump.

But if the right diet and clean air and all might have been factors in getting perhaps genetically average Noah and Methuselah to a very ripe old age, is it possible we could find ways to mimic those conditions?
I agree

Ohc'mon, can we have some fun? :)

cheers, I'm in

there are proven medicinal benefits

dinner tonight was a very small grilled chicken breast, a tiny baked potato, cabbage rounds roasted in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and fennel seed, with a glass of fermented, crushed grapes

= to die for :mrgreen:

tasted

superb

greasy fast food sucks

except for a treat once a week

Eating your vegetables does NOT make you Jesus. Life is a terminal disease, its not a question of if you are gona die, its a matter of when, and how.

It was just a poor choice of words, and it has been pointed out several times. Some people don't care to eat veg for whatever reason, but studies have shown that eating fruits and veg is very beneficial. There is no denying it, whether a self proclaimed vegan or anyone else posts the information.
We should be able to discuss the health benefits without dragging every thread into a pro or against meat debate.
Most of us eat what we like, most of us try eating healthy, with or without a little cheating now and then.
I just don't understand why every one of these threads have to turn into combat.

Back
Top Bottom