• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Left Shows Their Class Yet Again

Is the University of Kansas not connected to the government?

We are all connected to the Government to some extent. Shall we put that under a microscope each time we discuss any issue?

As stupid as his comments were, he should be allowed to make them.
Political correctness is a danger to freedom, whatever the side.

+ 1

he has the right to say what he wants. We have the right to disagree.

How do you expect sane-minded people to react when a bunch of CHILDREN die in a mass shooting and we can't even get sensible gun laws? People are weird like that.

Sensible gun laws? What in the world is that?

Are you saying this nutcase prof. is sane-minded? I really can't tell from the post.

As stupid as his comments were, he should be allowed to make them.
Political correctness is a danger to freedom, whatever the side.

Yes, he was allowed to make those remarks and now he's suffering the consequences.

I guess it's time to start cherry-picking everything conservative nobodies say so as to indict in the entire American right wing.

The professor was an idiot, the Sacramento county guy was an idiot. There, happy?

I guess it's time to start cherry-picking everything conservative nobodies say so as to indict in the entire American right wing.

The professor was an idiot, the Sacramento county guy was an idiot. There, happy?

Idiot ? Yes, been said before? Yes. So seems a trend in the lefts agenda talking points about shootings.

Idiot ? Yes, been said before? Yes. So seems a trend in the lefts agenda talking points about shootings.

Ah yes, the great monolithic left, where we all wait for our Alinsky talking points to download from the hivemind. :roll:

Things are the same in Texas, The danger is that it is a double edged sword. If it is ok to fire (I assume a tenure professor) for left wing statements,
it could also be of about right wing statements.

I don't think bringing in the well being of people's children is really a left or right statement, only a classless, tasteless, ill bred one...

How do you expect sane-minded people to react when a bunch of CHILDREN die in a mass shooting and we can't even get sensible gun laws? People are weird like that.

I don't expect "sane minded" people to fall out of their tree, that's why they're suppose to be "sane minded"...

I also don't expect "sane minded" people to continuously parrot what their TV screams at them about sensible gun laws we need. WE ALREADY HAVE THEM. We've got them coming out our ears and anus, there are so many. That's not the problem. We need to start enforcing the one's we HAVE, that would be the sensible thing.

Yes, this was an official statement approved by the Central Politburo of The Left. Do you give the same official status of The Right to every statement coming out of right-wing crazies? Honestly!

No, the Left does though...honestly...

:lamo

As if the Unthinking Left hasn't been doing that all along...

Hey guess what. All those childrens deaths as tragic is it were. Do not trump our 2A rights.
Would you have been happier if Lanza had backed his car up to the door with a trunk full of kerosene and fertilizer and a blasting cap? I saw after OK City there were no national bans on fertilizer and nitro methane.
No bans on gasoline. No bans on renting trucks.
In fact I dont remember anyone wanting to do anything. It was just a tragedy and that was it.
Now pull a gun and kill some people and the left wants to re write the constitution of the US.

The Brainless Right seems to like it as well. See, I can do it too.

Cheap imitation isn't "doing it"...

Unthinking Left is a phrase, coined as far as I know by another poster, friend, and sometime, (well most of the time) adversary.

To define them they would be considered the particular portion of the Left who falls for and are trapped in their pseudo-intellectualism...

Simply put, they are the type who -- to use a phrase I coined -- are the kind of people who've allowed their education to surpass their intellect.

You being new here, (you are new here, no?) wouldn't be privy to it's application, so I can see how you might think it merely a derogatory, back-handed remark.

Things are the same in Texas, The danger is that it is a double edged sword. If it is ok to fire (I assume a tenure professor) for left wing statements,
it could also be of about right wing statements.
There shouldn't be partisanship in education, the whole point is to teach those seeking an education how to research, learn, and think critically.

+ 1

he has the right to say what he wants. We have the right to disagree.
It's a job performance issue to me, not a speech one. If this professor is biased, and wishing ill on those who disagree he is likely to completely lie to kids and "teach" them one side, this is a concerning thing and a failure to anyone unlucky enough to get a lecturer versus a teacher.

why don't you ask Todd Akin that? remember him making the stupid remark about legitimate rape that was broadcasted on the Obama run media for a week and ever republican was held accountable and responsible for that one persons stupid comment
Well, the Republican were tarred by the Todd Akin brush because.... Todd Akin was a Republican elected representative, spoke for the party, represented the party. Duh! The OP article doesn't even state that the lecturer in question even was a leftist. Who exactly was he appointed or elected to represent?

Well, the Republican were tarred by the Todd Akin brush because.... Todd Akin was a Republican elected representative, spoke for the party, represented the party. Duh! The OP article doesn't even state that the lecturer in question even was a leftist. Who exactly was he appointed or elected to represent?
He is in a position of influence which is an issue, left/right/middle it doesn't really matter. I don't think he can be assigned to any one side, but the guy is an ass, and he does represent a certain fringe outlier in American politics that only want their agenda presented and anyone else be damned. These are the far extreme who would have no problem with their "opponents" being taken out by any means necessary.

Back
Top Bottom