• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The insanity of the feminist left, kissing is “sexual assault”

That was never my argument. If that was what you understood I was arguing, I apologize for misleading you. I am a firm believer that "No" means NO, whether expressed verbally or otherwise.

By "clear consent" I refer to the establishment of it. That standard cannot be questioned because some watery tart lobbed a sword at someone.

By "clear consent" I refer to the establishment of it. That standard cannot be questioned because some watery tart lobbed a sword at someone.
I may need you to spell it out for me a bit more. I have never been in a situation where it was not at all clear. I actually think in most cases, women kissed me without asking.

Are you jealous of him because women reject you and your misogynistic religious views?
:lol: :lol: I don't see male feminists getting any!

I may need you to spell it out for me a bit more. I have never been in a situation where it was not at all clear. I actually think in most cases, women kissed me without asking.

No matter how disappointed she was, clear consent is not up for debate. It is established. No "initiative" or any other euphemisms are okay.

She said she liked him. Said she wanted to get together. What exactly do you think that means, eco? Pretty clear consent to a 25 yr old. And she liked it. All's well.

From Biden sniffing hair to Trump grabbing *****, and now a 25 yr old kid kissing a girl that likes him? WTF is happening? Losing our minds?

She said she liked him. Said she wanted to get together. What exactly do you think that means, eco? Pretty clear consent to a 25 yr old. And she liked it. All's well.

From Biden sniffing hair to Trump grabbing *****, and now a 25 yr old kid kissing a girl that likes him? WTF is happening? Losing our minds?

No kissing someone because they say they like you. I tell a lot of people that I like them. Don't want a kiss from any of them. We definitely gotta nip this misunderstanding in the bud.

No matter how disappointed she was, clear consent is not up for debate. It is established. No "initiative" or any other euphemisms are okay.

I agree with you, and my friend would likely agree with you too. I have a feeling this girl/woman would not. I do not understand her reasoning any more than you seem to.

All I was trying to point out is that not everyone sees things the same way. Look at the people in this thread and on Twitter who think what was broadcast was romantic. The lady who was kissed did not mind, but does that mean the behavior was okay? I do not feel it was.

You could also look at all the controversy currently surrounding Lana Del Rey.

No kissing someone because they say they like you. I tell a lot of people that I like them. Don't want a kiss from any of them. We definitely gotta nip this misunderstanding in the bud.

That's fine eco. You be you. Just don't expect everybody to be like you.

Biology doesn't respond to feminist movements any more than it does to abstinence education. Kids gonna be kids. What this young man did was perfectly normal. Young men and women have been, and will continue to kiss each other based on cues. (And we have also learned how to reject an advance.) Been doing it a long, long time. Nobody ever complained.

This kid did something spontaneous and romantic, and apparently it worked. We used to celebrate such moments. Again, what's happening?

Exactly. He took a risk and it paid off. That doesn't downplay the fact that it WAS a risky thing to do. And she would have been well within her rights to defend herself or charge him with assault.

Some people like to play rough. But play rough with someone who doesn't, and you could be looking at jail time. Always better to err on the side of caution and simply ask first.

A first kiss with someone barely known, I'd probably use slow, gentle movements, giving the partner plenty of opportunity to rebuke the approach, if need be. And, I would definitely do it in private.

I agree with you, and my friend would likely agree with you too. I have a feeling this girl/woman would not. I do not understand her reasoning any more than you seem to.

Girl?

That's fine eco. You be you. Just don't expect everybody to be like you.

Biology doesn't respond to feminist movements any more than it does to abstinence education. Kids gonna be kids. What this young man did was perfectly normal. Young men and women have been, and will continue to kiss each other based on cues. (And we have also learned how to reject an advance.) Been doing it a long, long time. Nobody ever complained.

This kid did something spontaneous and romantic, and apparently it worked. We used to celebrate such moments. Again, what's happening?
I grew up the same way, but I would not want to give people of upcoming generations the same advice. I think it is prudent to ask first now and not focus on cues. We have to worry about elementary kids being suspended for unwanted touching and possibly sexual harassment when they kiss girls in their class. 6-year-old suspended for kiss

I would have been suspended a lot in first grade. I had a lot of crushes on girls. I do not recall even getting sternly talked to or the girls caring that much. I probably should have at least been talked to about it, though.

A first kiss with someone barely known, I'd probably use slow, gentle movements, giving the partner plenty of opportunity to rebuke the approach, if need be. And, I would definitely do it in private.

Take me, Calamity.

I was referring to the woman my friend dated and the girl or woman in the video at the same time (was not sure how old the person in the video was). Both seem to have similar reactions to aggressive men.

I grew up the same way, but I would not want to give people of upcoming generations the same advice. I think it is prudent to ask first now and not focus on cues. We have to worry about elementary kids being suspended for unwanted touching and possibly sexual harassment when they kiss girls in their class. 6-year-old suspended for kiss

I would have been suspended a lot in first grade. I had a lot of crushes on girls. I do not recall even getting sternly talked to or the girls caring that much. I probably should have at least been talked to about it, though.

Biology isn't prudent. This is the left's version of controlling young adults' sexual behavior. It won't work.

Regardless of any social male/female roles; real, imagined or mandated, what attracts men and women - young men and women - will not change.

In this vast country, with people now getting out and about, how many first kisses happened that day without "consent?" Why is this one special?

Biology isn't prudent. This is the left's version of controlling young adults' sexual behavior. It won't work.

Regardless of any social male/female roles; real, imagined or mandated, what attracts men and women - young men and women - will not change.

In this vast country, with people now getting out and about, how many first kisses happened that day without "consent?" Why is this one special?
I agree that it should not be controlled, but I do believe in educating at a young age what behavior is acceptable. A suspension seemed a bit over the top in the case I cited, but a conversation would not have been out of order.

I think a lot of things get blown out of proportion these days.

All lovers begin as strangers.

Are you deliberately baiting me here? Sorry, not touching that.

Seriously, Lovebug. Why does this anger you so much?

Not a bait at all. Kissing a stranger is as effective in spreading a virus as is licking a random door handle. You (general) can't possibly know what you expose yourself to.

I agree that it should not be controlled, but I do believe in educating at a young age what behavior is acceptable. A suspension seemed a bit over the top in the case I cited, but a conversation would not have been out of order.

I think a lot of things get blown out of proportion these days.

Agreed. How we treat each other as human beings is of utmost importance. I'm not sure bringing sexuality into a 6-10 yr old's education is necessarily a good thing. General behavior should be taught. Children are irrelevant here, though.

Real sexual assault is a serious crime. We've just witnessed a failed attempt by Tara Reade at accusing Joe Biden of a very serious crime. It was a lie.

What this kid did was normal. Normal 25 yr olds will continue to kiss each other, regardless of what they were taught in grade school. If the right couldn't stop pregnancy with abstinence education, the left surely isn't going to stop kissing with permission slip education.

Not a bait at all. Kissing a stranger is as effective in spreading a virus as is licking a random door handle. You (general) can't possibly know what you expose yourself to.

Yes, the recklessness with regard to covid is remarkable. I'm gonna forgive a guy with raging hormones he has little control over. It was a kiss. Not an attack. Has everyone forgotten what it was like to be young?

They were hanging out for most of that day from what I read and apparently were clicking. It's a case by case thing but I don't personally really see this particular act by him as sexual assault.

Come on Lovebug you need to move up with the times. A cell phone would be a better choice to lick than a random door handle.

Reports are that cellphones are 10 times more filthy than a toilet seat. Because we are all guilty of taking our cell phone into the restroom to scroll through while sitting on the throne.

And then we come back out into the restaurant everyone is sitting at their table with their cell phone next to their silverware.

Come on Lovebug you need to move up with the times. A cell phone would be a better choice to lick than a random door handle.

Reports are that cellphones are 10 times more filthy than a toilet seat. Because we are all guilty of taking our cell phone into the restroom to scroll through while sitting on the throne.

And then we come back out into the restaurant everyone is sitting at their table with their cell phone next to their silverware.

Good one. You are welcome to inspect my cell any time.

Duh.

Have you ever sat on the toilet and scrolled through your cell phone?

Be honest now as we have a little light next to one's nickname that lights up green if telling the truth.

Duh.

Have you ever sat on the toilet and scrolled through your cell phone?

Be honest now as we have a little light next to one's nickname that lights up green if telling the truth.

It will be your guess.

Back
Top Bottom