• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ignorant Arrogance of Bill Maher

Yet, God does not do much about those children. You helped my case more than your own.

Maher did not contradict himself, you are welcome to your beliefs but the moment you try to legislate from them we have issues.

And freedom of religion does not mean those without religion have to say silent. That would go against other rights you so willfully ignored.

Anyone appealing to reason over belief, you however appeal to delusion that an old white haired guy in the clouds did something special for you.

Belief is not based on evidence, it is based on someone teaching you to believe something based on Bronze Age text.

There is nothing on that NASA site promoting religion, and when you get down to it belief is always adversarial to science.

Making you one of the last people to lecture anyone on "reputable" science.

You're just winging it with your baseless opinion.
You're entitled to it. But, I'm not buying.

Btw, no one said anything about science promoting religion.
Do read what was said again. SLOWLY.

You're just winging it with your baseless opinion.
You're entitled to it. But, I'm not buying.

At least you have a sense of humor... sometimes.

Btw, no one said anything about science promoting religion.
Do read what was said again. SLOWLY.

I read it, your link did not support your assertion (which is not surprising coming from you.)

“People who think that their GOD GRANTS THEM SPECIAL FAVORS WHILE THAT SAME GOD ALLOWS MILLIONS of kids to suffer and starve, ARE NOT ONLY DELUSIONAL,
THEY'RE ALSO ESPECIALLY ARROGANT, VAIN. AND SELF-ABSORBED. “

It is a correct statement.

God, to be God, must allow for life, choice, and consequence. People that seek Gods intervention would be better served to seek Gods peace and inspiration and BE the intervention.

There is nothing wrong with a disciple of God, following His guidance.

Seek-and-you-shall-find, Ask-and-you-shall-receive, ring a bell to you?
I bet, NOT.

Mark 5:19
18 And as He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was begging Him that he might accompany Him.
19 And He did not let him, but He *said to him, “Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.”
20 And he went away and began to proclaim in Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed.

I'm not forcing you guys to believe, but, it's okay................................................... NOT ONLY TO THINK that GOD GRANTS SPECIAL FAVOURS, but we're also EXPECTED TO TESTIFY ABOUT THEM!

No it's not. It's a symbol of a defunct fascist, neo-Nazi, far right party that adopted a common Nazi symbol. Gaslighting isn't going to work here.
now you listen here. You can call them whatever you want. But defunct? Really? This from 2021.
images.jpg

Maher had complained that God doesn't help kids dying from cancer. Maher - and any abortion rights activists - are in no position to critique God, and yet they promote the continuous murder of millions of children all over the world.
That's just too DIABOLICALLY and FARCICALLY HYPOCRITICAL.

Perhaps, Maher, would be more appreciative of God if He decides to intervene in saving millions of children being killed senselessly as we speak - that He decides to get rid of all perpetrators and promoters of abortion?
Would that be okay to you?

Depends on who's doing the lecturing, doesn't it?

Maher talks about liberal principles like freedom of religion or choice - and yet, he contradicts himself.

It should be none of your business should people want to believe in faeries, or flying unicorns, or God.
That makes you a controlling busybody. And, it's a double whammy if it comes from ignorance, to boot!

Lol - who wants to be dictated to, or lectured by someone who's ignorant?

If someone prayed to God, and his prayer was answered.....who are you to say that ain't so?
You're demonstrating arrogance by that stance.
Especially so when we're talking about the supernatural!

The believer at least, has ground to stand on with his belief - several evidence or reasons for his belief..........................while you're just pulling straws out of the air!
Your stance isn't even rational! Without any basis whatsoever for it - that's the meaning of delusional!

No. That's another delusion. Atheists don't subscribe to reputable science.

Science is open to the possibility of God.

Although it cannot analyze it - science is open to the realm of the supernatural - which includes RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE.

But science and religion occupy two separate realms of human experience.

Obviously the days when you couldn't criticize God are over. And they ain't coming back. That ship sailed.

Obviously the days when you couldn't criticize God are over. And they ain't coming back. That ship sailed.

Location. Location. Location.

Not in a forum.
If you post something here, you're inviting some reactions.

Do you expect every response to be agreeable?

It is the "wolfsangel" which is a nazi symbol and it has been abandoned by the Ukraine party since 2004. Please stop using it. It is offensive. And no most Ukrainians are not Nazi's and they elected a jewish President to prove it. We have neo-nazi's here too. Are you one of them? The use of that symbol suggests you are.

The party changed its name to the All-Ukrainian Union "Svoboda" in February 2004 with the arrival of Oleh Tyahnybok as party leader.[14] Tyahnybok made some efforts to moderate the party's extremist image.[21] The party not only replaced its name, but also abandoned the Wolfsangel logo[8][14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social-National_Party_of_Ukraine
The azov Battallion is very much alive.

and no, they're not nazis. This is a ukrainian symbol, to support ukraine. This is who putin is fighting, AND THEY WILL WIN!

images.jpg

It's a ukraine symbol. I support ukraine, don't you? Are you calling ukrainians neo-nazis?
It's not a Ukraine symbol.
It's the "wolfsangel" symbol, and it is a heraldic charge from Germany and East of France.
Later, the Wolfsangel was adopted by the Nazi Party,[2] and the symbol was used by various German Wehrmacht and SS units such as the Waffen-SS Division Das Reich and the Waffen-SS Division Landstorm Nederland.[2] The US-based Anti-Defamation League (ADL) database lists the symbol as a hate symbol and a neo-Nazi symbol.[6]

More recently:
  • A popular TikTok trend made Gen Z teens want to get matching tattoos of a Nazi symbol as a "sign of rebellion" and "symbol of unity."
  • The symbol that was chosen, though, was used by Nazis in World War II and is now used as a neo-Nazi symbol, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).
  • Like the ancient swastika symbol, Nazi Germany "appropriated" the Wolfsangel, the ADL said.
  • The user who started the trend has since made her channel private and said in a video that she did not know the symbol had connections to Nazism.
Last but not least, consider the fact that the United States has about 500 times more actual card carrying Nazis and Nazi sympathizers (such as yourself?) than the Azov Battalion who don't know the history or the "etymology" of its transition to popular use, by ignoramuses.

Please consider lying less, making up less BS, and studying more.

It's not a Ukraine symbol.
It's the "wolfsangel" symbol, and it is a heraldic charge from Germany and East of France.
Later, the Wolfsangel was adopted by the Nazi Party,[2] and the symbol was used by various German Wehrmacht and SS units such as the Waffen-SS Division Das Reich and the Waffen-SS Division Landstorm Nederland.[2] The US-based Anti-Defamation League (ADL) database lists the symbol as a hate symbol and a neo-Nazi symbol.[6]

Please consider lying less.
The Azov Battalion fighters mobilizing to fight the russians. images.jpg

just like Maher - you're ignorant of the Scriptures.
You just can't stop whining about Maher can you? Do you actually believe that anyone who doesn't believe in your God gives one tiny iota about the scriptures? We don't.
Why are you bothered by what I write?
Whether I'm complaining, or whining, or spouting off grievance - what is it to you?

If I'm "pathetic," as you say - why are so worked up over it?
You're the one who's looking so shaken by this. Like as if I'm doing the trapeze with your taut nerves!

Oh for goodness sakes.....
Go out and sit on the porch. Have a cold one.
CHEERS!
You know, your absolutely right. I should of just commented once, then let you wallow, alone in your grievance's.

Location. Location. Location.

Not in a forum.
If you post something here, you're inviting some reactions.

Do you expect every response to be agreeable?
Huh?

Maher had complained that God doesn't help kids dying from cancer. Maher - and any abortion rights activists - are in no position to critique God, and yet they promote the continuous murder of millions of children all over the world.
That's just too DIABOLICALLY and FARCICALLY HYPOCRITICAL.

Perhaps, Maher, would be more appreciative of God if He decides to intervene in saving millions of children being killed senselessly as we speak - that He decides to get rid of all perpetrators and promoters of abortion?
Would that be okay to you?
Apparently, God is unable to stop senseless killing.
Too big a job, I guess.
I'll settle for God stopping the senseless killing in Ukraine.
That would be a good place to start.
But science and religion occupy two separate realms of human experience.
Right you are.
One realm relies on observable evidence, the other realm relies on faith.

Too big a job, I guess.
I'll settle for God stopping the senseless killing in Ukraine.
That would be a good place to start.

God can do whatever He wants. He can keep letting life play out or He can choose to intervene. Thar's the prerogative of being GOD. 🤷
You can all complain, and whine and say whatever you guys want to say - you can all vent out all together, braying on Maher's podcast - that's about it.

Right you are.
One realm relies on observable evidence, the other realm relies on faith.

Not necessarily only on faith. Not with the Abrahamic God.

Why do you think someone's getting all worked up with some Christians giving their testimonies about God giving them favours?
Of people converting, or having their lives transformed because of their religious experience?

Then, there's the matter of factual truths in the Bible - which have been reaffirmed by science.
There is an on-going question about that which atheists hadn't answered. How could these ancient people have known about those info - something that only the Creator would know?

Post#750

Have I misunderstood what you were on about?
Oh yes. I see it now.
Sorry.

Going back to your post. Yes - that's looks like it. Not only criticize - but mock and insult too.
We must be getting near the end. But of course, that's just me talking as a believer.

Have I misunderstood what you were on about?
Oh yes. I see it now.
Sorry.
What has "location" got to do with it, unless you want to dictate where Maher can criticize God

What has "location" got to do with it, unless you want to dictate where Maher can criticize God

The forum.
The only reason Maher became my topic was because of someone posting his quote in another thread.

Jesus was a liberal. He fed and cured people and didn't take money for it. He told people not to judge others but to love/care for them as they would him or themselves.
Jesus was no liberal.

"Liberals are generous, though, WITH OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY....

Although giving and charity are commanded by the Lord, nowhere in the Bible does it say that giving must first be filtered through a bloated and inefficient government bureaucracy. The Bible says that a man shall reap what he sows, but it doesn’t say we should live off of what other people sow. What’s more, Scripture teaches that if a man does not work, he shall not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10).

Redistribution of Wealth is, at its core, a radical left wing economic scheme centered in greed for other people’s money, rather than exercising personal responsibility and earning it one’s self.

Rabbi Spero (on liberal's open borders) - “Nor did the Bible request that the decency we extend to strangers result in national suicide. It never encouraged a virtual open-border situation where the host country is overrun and loses its indigenous culture, suspends its laws, invites disarray, or forfeits its ability to flourish as a unique and sovereign entity.”

THEY'RE ALSO ESPECIALLY ARROGANT, VAIN. AND SELF-ABSORBED. “
And what is it you and other believers have said in numerous discussions here -- If you don't believe, you're going to hell. You're going to be denied ever lasting life and suffer in a pit of fire but the faithful (the special people, the "right" kind of christian not the wrong kind of christian) gain the glory of god and everlasting life.

That's arrogance personified as is the requirement to proselytize regardless of whether one's audience is interested. That is arrogant and rude, but it's commanded by the christian god and, therefore, inculcated in religion.

Chooses not to according to some here. Christians believe that god included free will and a bunch of rules for those he created in his image then stepped away to watch what would happen although according to some christians, but not all, god already knew what would happen. Use free will the wrong way, disobey the rules = death/punishment; use it well, follow the rules = eternal life/reward.

The forum.
The only reason Maher became my topic was because of someone posting his quote in another thread.
You stated that witnessing/giving personal testimony is your duty as a Christian. Falsely assuming that listening or taking the drivel seriously IS anybody's duty.

Jesus was no liberal.

"Liberals are generous, though, WITH OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY....

Although giving and charity are commanded by the Lord, nowhere in the Bible does it say that giving must first be filtered through a bloated and inefficient government bureaucracy. The Bible says that a man shall reap what he sows, but it doesn’t say we should live off of what other people sow. What’s more, Scripture teaches that if a man does not work, he shall not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10).

Redistribution of Wealth is, at its core, a radical left wing economic scheme centered in greed for other people’s money, rather than exercising personal responsibility and earning it one’s self.

Rabbi Spero (on liberal's open borders) - “Nor did the Bible request that the decency we extend to strangers result in national suicide. It never encouraged a virtual open-border situation where the host country is overrun and loses its indigenous culture, suspends its laws, invites disarray, or forfeits its ability to flourish as a unique and sovereign entity.”

Jesus didn't have any money. He was a poor rabbi.

There are no open borders but the fact that we permit immigration does not mean that the borders are open. Your strawman fails.

Jesus also supported immigration, unlike conservative Christian bigots who try to cherry picky the bible to hide and rationalize their bigotry. Did you forget that Jesus was an immigrant?

This is a gospel issue. First of all, our Lord Jesus himself was a so-called “illegal immigrant.” Fleeing, like many of those in our country right now, a brutal political situation, our Lord’s parents sojourned with him in Egypt (Matt. 2:13-23). Jesus, who lived out his life for us, spent his childhood years in a foreign land away from his relatives among people speaking a different language with strange customs.

In so doing, our Lord Jesus was re-living the life of Israel, our ancestors in the faith, who were also immigrants and sojourners in Egypt (Exod. 1:1-14; 1 Chron. 16:19; Acts 7:6). It is this reality, the Bible tells us, that is to ground our response to those who sojourn among us (Exod. 22:21; Ps. 94:6; Jer.7:6; Ezek. 22:29; Zech. 7:10). God, the Bible says, “executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing. Love the sojourner, therefore, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt” (Deut. 10:18-19).

The Azov Battalion fighters mobilizing to fight the russians. View attachment 67384756
We know this and we also know that it was a mutual hatred of Russia that convinced Ukrainians to fight with the Germans against Russia in WWII. That hatred is only more pronounced now since Putin has been following Hitler's failed playbook of blood thirsty terrorism.

How Putin is following Hitler’s playbook​

So has Putin been following Hitler’s playbook in his confrontation with Ukraine? It looks very much like it. Consider: on 28 May 1938 Hitler told a meeting of his top generals:
‘I am utterly determined that Czechoslovakia should disappear from the map’

Similarly, Putin has openly expressed the view – not just once, but frequently – that Ukraine is an integral part of a greater Russia that has been torn from the bosom of the Motherland and must be restored, either peacefully or by naked force. Only this week, in a rambling televised monologue, using language eerily reminiscent of the Nazi Fuhrer, Putin described Ukraine as a ‘colony’ that had ‘no historical right to exist’.

Just as Hitler deeply resented the very creation of Czechoslovakia from the ashes of his native Austria and the shame of Germany’s defeat in the First World War, so president Putin regards Ukraine as a shameful and illegitimate by-product of the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991; an event he has described as the greatest disaster of the 20th century and has vowed to reverse.

As a former KGB officer, Putin is naturally a master of dirty tricks

Both men parlayed their personal grouch fests into state policy in defiance of international treaties. Hitler occupied the Rhineland and Austria before setting about the dismantling of the Czechs; Putin has followed suit, causing wars in Chechnya and Georgia, before annexing the Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 as a preliminary step to his current aggression.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-putin-is-following-hitler-s-playbook

Back
Top Bottom