• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

THe GOP says that Pelosi is playing politics with the 6th investigation

What do you do if an insurrection lasts more than four hours?

:p

We already know what happened on Jan 6th! Don't you follow even your own news media?
You tell e what happened on the 6th and how to prevent it from happening again. I want a list from you of those who helped what happened including all of the congress people and even the President if they had anything to do with it. Go on, you seem to know what happened. so give us the info.

Why didn't the left tell the summer long rioters to stop? Instead, the left bailed them out.
Ah, someone using deflection. The BLM protests according to the FBI was something like 96% peaceful and many of those arrested that were not let go were white people who were trying to ferment trouble. And none of that was someone trying to stop the House from doing its duty. Once again Trumpsters like to deflect and use apple to mango's to compare issues.

Doesn't matter how idiotically obvious it is. The base will do as they are told and echo it. Remember, these are not good people. They approve of literal insurrection. They are not interested in America's well being.
Very true.

The first thing that the Dems did was offer a commission which was seemingly bipartisan in nature, something that no one thought that the Dems who are presently in charge would do. McCarthy in the House railed against it and it did pass with 35 Gopers voting for i in the House. That commission was killed by McConnell in the Senate. Now Pelosi set up a House investigation committee under the same rules as the GOP used in the past for the Benghazi investigation, which gave Pelosi the right to deny McCarthy's picks. McCarthy went to Trump and seemed to get Trump's input on who put on the committee. McCarthy choose his five, three who voted against certifying Biden's victory in the House and one of them JIm JOrdan, the worst of the worst when trying to get things done. Pelosi knowing that McCarthy was going to either have this group he choose make a mockery of the investigation or damn Pelosi if she choose to deny them seating on the committee, did what needed to be done and denied two of McCarthy's choices. Now McCarthy is taking his people and going home like a child and blaming Pelosi for playing politics, but who was really playing politics in this situation?
McCarthy is constantly playing politics with this. He has spoken out twice publicly telling lies. I am sure the gullibly right wing morons eat it up. He should simply be ignored.

Where in your video does it prove what you wrote below?

Yeah, it doesn't. Stop lying...

Why do you keep telling everyone their opinion is a lie? What is that? you’re both conjecturing based on known facts, your conjecture comes across as ignorant. These folks broke into the capitol, wanted to hang politicians. I’m unclear as to why we can’t take their word for it over your preferred interpretation?

House GOP Chairwoman Elise Stefanik nails it:

"Nancy Pelosi is a radical authoritarian Speaker of the House. The American people have always known the truth - that the Pelosi partisan January 6th commission was never about investigating the facts, it was only ever about Pelosi's radical politics and the Left's endless obsession with crushing any discussion or debate,” Stefanik said in a statement. “This commission is an absolute sham and has been a disgrace from the beginning; no amount of drooling excuses from the mainstream media will change that.”

Pelosi cited concerns with Jordan and Banks over the “integrity of the investigation,” further referring to “statements made and actions taken by these Members.”

McCarthy in turn pulled all his GOP picks unless she reverses course.

Stefanik said Pelosi’s move shows she’s scared.

“She is afraid of the American people finding out the truth that her failed leadership and the gross mismanagement of the U.S. Capitol led to the tragic events that day,” the New York Republican said. “She is afraid of millions of peaceful and patriotic Americans across the country who are fighting for election integrity. She is afraid of her Republican colleagues who will work every day to hold her accountable for destroying this country and the United States Congress.”

It's actually pretty sad that an obviously intelligent Stefanik has decided that this kind of crap is how best to win politically. Good gosh, does she have a magic 8 ball, but it throws out random right wing phrases to appeal to the mouth breathing base contingent - RADICAL Partisan, radical, sham, disgrace, etc... The commission hasn't done anything yet and she's already judged the outcome. She's not this stupid. From someone like Jim Jordan, OK, he's not the brightest bulb anyway. She's better than this.

It's actually pretty sad that an obviously intelligent Stefanik has decided that this kind of crap is how best to win politically. Good gosh, does she have a magic 8 ball, but it throws out random right wing phrases to appeal to the mouth breathing base contingent - RADICAL Partisan, radical, sham, disgrace, etc... The commission hasn't done anything yet and she's already judged the outcome. She's not this stupid. From someone like Jim Jordan, OK, he's not the brightest bulb anyway. She's better than this.

She's better than Pelosi.
Pretty funny that you're objecting to random partisan phrases this late in the game.... :giggle:

Why do you keep telling everyone their opinion is a lie? What is that? you’re both conjecturing based on known facts, your conjecture comes across as ignorant. These folks broke into the capitol, wanted to hang politicians. I’m unclear as to why we can’t take their word for it over your preferred interpretation?

Stop lying. I only tell people who are lying to stop lying. Not everyone lies.

There is no proof that "they tried to kill Pelosi". If there was proof, they would have been charged with attempted murder.

She's better than Pelosi.
Pretty funny that you're objecting to random partisan phrases this late in the game.... :giggle:
I actually don't see how you can say that. What's she accomplished in her position? She's become a reliable partisan hack, who can throw out random garbage - AUTHORITARIAN!!!! BECAUSE SHE IS USING THE SAME RULES THE GOP DID!!!! but that's not much good for the people of this country. Like or hate Pelosi, she's good at her job and if she wants 218 votes, she delivers, and has delivered many times. I'm not sure Stefanik could get a majority of the fools she's leading to name a Post office, much less meaningful legislation that helps the country. She's not done it yet.

And I'm genuinely sad in many ways that an obviously bright person like Stefanik has crawled into the gutter with that kind of hackery. Any moron can spin a dial and throw out red meat like that. Or hire an aide for $10/an hour, and have him imitate Mark Levin, or the idiots at Townhall. A monkey can do that job, and apparently to be a leader in the GOP means you have to act like she is, and get in the gutter. We need better from the GOP, and that starts with leadership. She's failing that test.

The GOP INSURRECTIONISTS say that Pelosi is playing politics with the 6th investigation​

There...fixed it for ya ;)

Where in your video does it prove what you wrote below?

Yeah, it doesn't. Stop lying...
One can assume, if they were looking to hang Mike Pence, then they weren't looking for Nancy for convo.

But you go on believing it was just a BBQ at the White House, and they were looking for Pelosi because, she's fun at cookouts.

Whatever floats your boat.

House GOP Chairwoman Elise Stefanik nails it:

"Nancy Pelosi is a radical authoritarian Speaker of the House. The American people have always known the truth - that the Pelosi partisan January 6th commission was never about investigating the facts, it was only ever about Pelosi's radical politics and the Left's endless obsession with crushing any discussion or debate,” Stefanik said in a statement. “This commission is an absolute sham and has been a disgrace from the beginning; no amount of drooling excuses from the mainstream media will change that.”

Pelosi cited concerns with Jordan and Banks over the “integrity of the investigation,” further referring to “statements made and actions taken by these Members.”

McCarthy in turn pulled all his GOP picks unless she reverses course.

Stefanik said Pelosi’s move shows she’s scared.

“She is afraid of the American people finding out the truth that her failed leadership and the gross mismanagement of the U.S. Capitol led to the tragic events that day,” the New York Republican said. “She is afraid of millions of peaceful and patriotic Americans across the country who are fighting for election integrity. She is afraid of her Republican colleagues who will work every day to hold her accountable for destroying this country and the United States Congress.”

Eww, is she the person who replaced Cheney? Ouch, that's a step backward. I wonder how she would describe someone like, oh I don't know, Newt Gingrich?

Stop lying. I only tell people who are lying to stop lying. Not everyone lies.

There is no proof that "they tried to kill Pelosi". If there was proof, they would have been charged with attempted murder.

You’re lying.

Now let’s tackle your argument: no attempted murder charges, then they weren’t there to do that. Okay.

So I won’t find any posts from you insisting “BLM rioters” committed crimes they were never charged with, correct?

You’re lying.

Now let’s tackle your argument: no attempted murder charges, then they weren’t there to do that. Okay.

So I won’t find any posts from you insisting “BLM rioters” committed crimes they were never charged with, correct?

Again, there is no proof as the other poster claimed that they were trying to KILL Pelosi. That poster provided NO proof.

So save the prattle for someone else.

Again, there is no proof as the other poster claimed that they were trying to KILL Pelosi. That poster provided NO proof.

Of course there’s proof. They told us they were there to kill people.

Again: are you telling me you have not accused BLM “rioters” of crimes they haven’t been charged with? I already know the answer. I suspect you do too.

The debate on the 1/6 investigation is political.
The Arizona audit being done by Cyber Ninjas is political.

You are correct. Other than chants, there is no proof someone tried to kill Pelosi. Could be because no one got close enough.
There is no proof of election rigged in Arizona either, but that did not stop the Cyber Ninjas audit, now did it?

Partisan politics seems to be what politics has evolved into over the last few years at the expense of the American people.

Back
Top Bottom