• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Fraud In “Gungate” Is Real, And Should End Katie Couric’s Career[W:190]

Re: The Fraud In “Gungate” Is Real, And Should End Katie Couric’s Career

It was a lie. A deliberate, carefully crafted and purposeful lie.

She asked a question, edited out the response, and inserted a different response. The end result was to give the audience a presentation of a response to a question that was completely fabricated. This is as deceptive as it is possible for a journalist to be and much more than "a tempest in a teapot".

Oh I agree with you. But that is not the big thing everyone's trying to make it out to be.

So you think a lame apology is enough to correct the problem. A complete and unconditional retraction followed by a front page apology is what she needs to do.

I don't see a problem dude. It's a Katie Couric project. Doesn't that say it all right there?

Of course, the question might be" What career'?

The Fraud In “Gungate” Is Real, And Should End Katie Couric’s Career – Bearing Arms

Ladies and gentlemen, Dan Rather had a certain degree of deniability when his producers failed to do their due diligence and vet the so-called “Killian documents” for authenticity. It was a mistake, but still cost four people their jobs at CBS News and tarnished Rather’s lengthy and up until then, respected career.

Yahoo! News anchor and Under the Gun executive producer and narrator Katie Couric cannot off up any plausible deniability at all for her team’s decision to commit what is nothing more or less than fraud.

This project was Couric’s “baby,” and she was responsible for every aspect of the final cut of a heavily-biased documentary which now appears to contain blatant and intentional fraud designed to make the VCDL appear as if they didn’t have an answer to the interviewers questions, when they did indeed have an immediate, detailed, and rational response from three members of the group which went to so far as to cite law and Supreme Court decisions on prior restraint, pointing out the sort of “pre-crime” laws championed by gun control supporters is both Orwellian and blatantly unconstitutional.

Katie Couric’s “Gungate” was intentional, willful, and malicious fraud, and should in Couric’s immediate termination and her being treated as a pariah for the rest of her life.

Wait...I know what's going on here. From I've seen and what I've read it appears that Couric and her team added in the seconds because it is a serious question and wanted the viewer time to think. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Then, when I search this up in google. All I see are right-wing websites calling for Couric's head. So a funny thought popped into my head: Right-wing gun nuts are so thin-skinned that any attempt at questioning their righteous ideals will be seen as deceptive. God forbid they add a few more seconds before gun nutters say something that might embarrass themselves!

Furthermore, they actually are helping Couric's career take-off as Yahoo is a failing website looking at selling itself in the near-future. Couric will be a free agent.

Thus in conclusion, because the gun nuts are admitting that they think this was done to make them look bad. It actually does reaffirm that their beliefs DO make them look bad or clueless, whatever. Whether it is whatever was said after the extra seconds or the dramatic pause that has them all riled up in the first place. It's much ado about nothing except it will only likely help Couric in the long run!

Wait...I know what's going on here. From I've seen and what I've read it appears that Couric and her team added in the seconds because it is a serious question and wanted the viewer time to think. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Then, when I search this up in google. All I see are right-wing websites calling for Couric's head. So a funny thought popped into my head: Right-wing gun nuts are so thin-skinned that any attempt at questioning their righteous ideals will be seen as deceptive. God forbid they add a few more seconds before gun nutters say something that might embarrass themselves!

Furthermore, they actually are helping Couric's career take-off as Yahoo is a failing website looking at selling itself in the near-future. Couric will be a free agent.

Thus in conclusion, because the gun nuts are admitting that they think this was done to make them look bad. It actually does reaffirm that their beliefs DO make them look bad or clueless, whatever. Whether it is whatever was said after the extra seconds or the dramatic pause that has them all riled up in the first place. It's much ado about nothing except it will only likely help Couric in the long run!

Shirley you are being sarcastic.

1. Had they wanted the viewer to think, they would have shown something else.
2. Had they wanted the viewer to think about the possible answers they would have shown the answers provided by the people being interviewed.
3. Had they not wanted to be lying bastards smugly confident that they could TOTALLY WRECK THE PRO GUNNERS, get clicks, cheers, etc. from the supporting bench, then they wouldn't have lied, by pretending that the groups' response to the question was to sit in stunned silence.

They lied. They lied to try to make people they disagreed with look like idiots compared to them. From someone who is supposed to be entrusted with bringing us at least not lies, that's pretty much a career killer. It's the equivalent of an NFL player suddenly deciding that he refuses to touch basketballs, or a soldier deciding that they won't support war. It's integral to their damn job.

Do you want more Donald Trump's? Because this is how you get more Donald Trumps.

1. by pretending that the groups' response to the question was to sit in stunned silence.

2. They lied. They lied to try to make people they disagreed with look like idiots compared to them.

3. Do you want more Donald Trump's? Because this is how you get more Donald Trumps.

1. Did they really pretend??? I just saw a segment that included "pause for dramatic effect." Happens all the time and in every single documentary/true crime report! Only this time, the gun nutters are actually admitting what they are saying sounds bad! :lamo

2. There was no intention of a lie. What was the lie? Plenty of Gun supporters were interviewed. I don't see the lie you are talking about.

3. Katie Couric is not Donald Trump. lol.

1. Did they really pretend??? I just saw a segment that included "pause for dramatic effect." Happens all the time and in every single documentary/true crime report! Only this time, the gun nutters are actually admitting what they are saying sounds bad! :lamo

Yes, they did. In the actual interview, the members immediately responded, and the conversation went on, noting the relevant SCOTUS precedents, etc.

In the version Couric released, they cut out the answers entirely. Instead they spliced in several seconds, taken elsewhere during the set-up, of everyone sitting there waiting to make it look like they were all dumbfounded and didn't know what to say.

If I were to edit your reply up there to read "and I like to bugger Thai boys!", Screenshot it, and then report you, I wouldn't be "trying to raise awareness". It wouldn't be a "sick burn" and laughable that you protested, nor should your protest prove my larger point about your penchant for child rape. I would be lying. Which is what Couric did here.

2. There was no intention of a lie. What was the lie? Plenty of Gun supporters were interviewed. I don't see the lie you are talking about.

When you claim that someones' response is something completely different than what it was, that happened at a completely different time, under completely different circumstances, that's called lying.

3. Katie Couric is not Donald Trump. lol.

No. The Katie Couric's of the world pulling this kind of crap is what gives a Donald Trump his base, and strips away the ability of anyone to check a Donald Trump. First the system mocks me to the point where I just want someone who will just wreck it all. Then you can't show me negative things he's done, because it's reported in the media, and the media lies.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

If I were to edit your reply up there to read "and I like to bugger Thai boys!", Screenshot it, and then report you, I wouldn't be "trying to raise awareness". It wouldn't be a "sick burn" and laughable that you protested, nor should your protest prove my larger point about your penchant for child rape. I would be lying. Which is what Couric did here.

No they did not edit the footage and replace it with things that they did not say. They showed them saying nothing! I wonder would it be better if the producers just had a blank screen during those seconds? Or how about a nice sunny park? That makes no sense... This is part of the normal editing process that all these types of films go through. This and the sources of these claims are the reason why I usually stay away from documentary films. They are usually too one-sided and are badly edited in an effort to create false controversy to low-impact issues. However, now I will have to go out and find the documentary later and watch it to confirm my suspicions but I don't really see how this is a bad thing.

IF they did replace the footage with them saying things that they did not say, and the group came out and said they didn't say those things. I would think you would have more of a case. But here you don't really have a case.

Just because people are paused for longer than they were doesn't mean that anybody is lying about what they are saying or not.

Yeah, one thing in the entire documentary. So what's your point?

Umm, she's a lying sack of ****. I thought I was pretty clear.

No they did not edit the footage and replace it with things that they did not say. They showed them saying nothing! I wonder would it be better if the producers just had a blank screen during those seconds? Or how about a nice sunny park? That makes no sense... This is part of the normal editing process that all these types of films go through. This and the sources of these claims are the reason why I usually stay away from documentary films. They are usually too one-sided and are badly edited in an effort to create false controversy to low-impact issues. However, now I will have to go out and find the documentary later and watch it to confirm my suspicions but I don't really see how this is a bad thing.

IF they did replace the footage with them saying things that they did not say, and the group came out and said they didn't say those things. I would think you would have more of a case. But here you don't really have a case.

Just because people are paused for longer than they were doesn't mean that anybody is lying about what they are saying or not.

Oh come on, please, the edit was intentionally misleading to give the impression they didn't have an answer to her question. Why do the edit that way? Why not just let the pro gun people answer her question and then rebut it?

Umm, she's a lying sack of ****. I thought I was pretty clear.

She may BE lying: we'll never know. But it's still a tempest in a tea pot.

This should be enough to ensure that she never gets a job in "journalism" again. Sadly, it probably won't happen. Another anti-American progressive failure.

This should be enough to ensure that she never gets a job in "journalism" again. Sadly, it probably won't happen. Another anti-American progressive failure.

I love Katie Couric. Anyone who can get the right-wing nuts this upset is alright in my book.

That's not proof. You're making it up then.

As much proof as your statement but with a lot more facts backing it up.

Katy Couric? You mean from Family Guy?

Can we please stop creating amalgams from words which are slightly related to a scandal and "gate." Seriously, it's really inconvenient for anyone born after the '70s.

No they did not edit the footage and replace it with things that they did not say. They showed them saying nothing! I wonder would it be better if the producers just had a blank screen during those seconds? Or how about a nice sunny park? That makes no sense... This is part of the normal editing process that all these types of films go through.

No, it isn't. Splicing out people's answers after you ask then a question and replacing it with such photage of everyone just sitting there in order to make it look like You Totally Busted Them with your question isn't standard, it's dishonest. It's misrepresentation. It's LYING.

This and the sources of these claims are the reason why I usually stay away from documentary films. They are usually too one-sided and are badly edited in an effort to create false controversy to low-impact issues. However, now I will have to go out and find the documentary later and watch it to confirm my suspicions but I don't really see how this is a bad thing.

:shrug: if you watch the documentary, you'll get a false impression. Recommend you see the unedited section and the edited one, since apparently you haven't.

They replaced it with photage from a different time to make it look like they had no response. That they replaced it with something else at all to make it look like they said something other than what they said makes it dishonest. That you are defending that kind of crap is sad - I thought you better than tribalism.

They didn't show them paused. They showed them just sitting there quietly to make it look like they had no response, after cutting their responses out. This wasn't a freeze frame for dramatic effect before going into their answers. They replaced their answers with stock photage of them just sitting to make it look like their answer was awkward silence.

Katy Couric? You mean from Family Guy?

Can we please stop creating amalgams from words which are slightly related to a scandal and "gate." Seriously, it's really inconvenient for anyone born after the '70s.

The fact that the government of a good day at school today is the best thing ever when you are not the same as a whole bunch of other countries in Asia and the first place for the rest of the year before the game and I have to be able too.

I love Katie Couric. Anyone who can get the right-wing nuts this upset is alright in my book.
Anyone, huh. No matter what they do?

Anyone, huh. No matter what they do?

Generally speaking, not every single one.

So you are just fine with this type of propaganda? You wouldn't mind if liberal positions were portrayed this way?

So which unethical activities will you and will you not countenance, so long as they serve to attack your out-group?

Liars generally get people upset, whether right or left.

That and I actually thought Katie Couric was better than this.

That and I actually thought Katie Couric was better than this.

Greetings, Winchester. :2wave:

:agree: This was a shocker, and totally out of character, IMHO! :eek:

I enjoyed her short concise 5 to 10-minute "Now I get it!" explanations of how and why things are done in government - and various other topics of interest to the public - and thought that schools should incorporate them as part of their curriculum as a teaching tool. What happened to her? :shock:

As much proof as your statement but with a lot more facts backing it up.

Nope. You made the assertion that "left wing gun grabbers", as you call them, are "bigots". I've asked you to back up that assertion and you can't do it. So your assertion is empty and without any merit.

The fact that the government of a good day at school today is the best thing ever when you are not the same as a whole bunch of other countries in Asia and the first place for the rest of the year before the game and I have to be able too.

Horrible grammar.....does anyone know what he is trying to say?

as for Katy, if her career isn't accelerating toward the toilet a lot faster than before this incident, I will be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom