• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Fraud In “Gungate” Is Real, And Should End Katie Couric’s Career[W:190]

Re: The Fraud In “Gungate” Is Real, And Should End Katie Couric’s Career

Horrible grammar.....does anyone know what he is trying to say?

as for Katy, if her career isn't accelerating toward the toilet a lot faster than before this incident, I will be surprised.

It was a smart arsed response to the usual gibberish of the poster I was responding to. I created it by hitting the predictive words multiple times on my ipad. :mrgreen:

It was a smart arsed response to the usual gibberish of the poster I was responding to. I created it by hitting the predictive words multiple times on my ipad. :mrgreen:
thanks, for a while I was thinking you might be a boy from a non-english speaking country...

I saw that: that's what I posted. It's still a tempest in a tea pot and a lot of right-wing gun owners ARE idiots; so what's your point?

Centrist huh?

thanks, for a while I was thinking you might be a boy from a non-english speaking country...

naw, country boy is a lean mean redneck darn tootin. Heh, workin hard or hardly workin on these newfangled words. Them words change so darn fast in this here American vernacular. Pretty soon, country boys will be repopulatin' space colonies and such. Writing home on their cell phones with future technology. And it'll be Americans that done did it.

Centrist huh?

Yeah; centrist. We're talking about a silly documentary by Katie Couric, with one bad edit.

You guys on the right are cryin about a tempest in a teapot.

Yeah; centrist. We're talking about a silly documentary by Katie Couric, with one bad edit.

Journalists don't get to lie. Their integrity is all they have. I'm sure if someone were lying about being pro gun in some way you would be all up in it.

Journalists don't get to lie. Their integrity is all they have. I'm sure if someone were lying about being pro gun in some way you would be all up in it.

Katie Couric is not a journalist: she's a personality. There's much ado about nothing, it's gun people paranoia again, nothing more.

You can call her anything you want. She's not a journalist.

That's her twitter and her description. A news anchor is indeed a journalist, especially if they put their approval on news stories and documentaries.

So again, your reply seems to be reality challenged.

I love Katie Couric. Anyone who can get the right-wing nuts this upset is alright in my book.

You like a so called journalist that knowingly edits out material and lies to further a political point? Yea sounds like a modern progressive.

That's her twitter and her description. A news anchor is indeed a journalist, especially if they put their approval on news stories and documentaries.

YAHOO News!?! The only job she can get is Yahoo News!?! and you're calling her a journalist!?!

Noting but a gun tempest in a gun teapot is what you guys have.

YAHOO News!?! The only job she can get is Yahoo News!?! and you're calling her a journalist!?!

Noting but a gun tempest in a gun teapot is what you guys have.

She is reporting. She approves stories. She edits stories. They are disseminated as news. Yes, journalist.

This should be enough to ensure that she never gets a job in "journalism" again. Sadly, it probably won't happen. Another anti-American progressive failure.

MSNBC will hire her. They like to hire hack journalists and Liberal morons.

It wasn't a "bad edit". It was an intentional act of FRAUD!

She is reporting. She approves stories. She edits stories. They are disseminated as news. Yes, journalist.

Katie Couric is not a journalist dude. You're trying to make a big deal outta nothing.

It wasn't a "bad edit". It was an intentional act of FRAUD!

It was a bad edit.

You like a so called journalist that knowingly edits out material and lies to further a political point? Yea sounds like a modern progressive.

It was the director who edited the piece, not KC. It's a massive storm in a teacup about nothing. Literally.

1. It's LYING.

2. :shrug: if you watch the documentary, you'll get a false impression. Recommend you see the unedited section and the edited one, since apparently you haven't.

3. I thought you better than tribalism.

Two things here.

1. NO! It's false outrage from gun nutters about an eight second gap in a film that they otherwise wouldn't have seen if not for right wing propaganda sites about guns.

2. So I shouldn't watch the documentary, but I should watch unconfirmed "raw" footage from Right Wing Websites? The same ones who created this "controversy" in the first place.... Do you see anything wrong with that? It's not like this section is called bias in the media or anything...

3. I don't understand why you think my opinion is tribalism. That word doesn't even make sense in this context. I'm pretty much the only person arguing in defense of the documentary on this thread. I could argue the same thing for how the right wing is treating Couric, but it's not as if they really ever liked her anyway.

Last edited:

So you are just fine with this type of propaganda? You wouldn't mind if liberal positions were portrayed this way?

They are. Do you even read this forum?

Katie Couric is not a journalist dude. You're trying to make a big deal outta nothing.

Despite all facts to the contrary. It must be hard posting from a different reality.

If it doesn't align with liberal ideology it isn't true.

1. NO! It's false outrage from gun nutters about an eight second gap in a film that they otherwise wouldn't have seen if not for right wing propaganda sites about guns.

It's not a gap. They took out their response to the question and replaced it with film of them sitting there quietly, to make it look like their response to the question was stupid, awkward silence, instead of their actual replies.

It is lying because it falsely portrays the interview, designed in such a way as to try to make people Couric disagrees with look bad.

2. So I shouldn't watch the documentary, but I should watch unconfirmed "raw" footage from Right Wing Websites?

Dude. Even the people who produced this documentary have admitted that they edited out the answers and replaced them with several seconds of the people sitting there quietly. Even Couric has admitted it.

The same ones who created this "controversy" in the first place..

No, Couric and her team created this controversy when they deceptively edited the film in order to lie to their audience.

It's a good lesson learned. If you are a conservative group, always take your own photage, so you can prove what happened.

3. I don't understand why you think my opinion is tribalism

Because your language makes clear that your response is driven by your looking down on people you disagree with. Those right wing gun nuts are your "other", and so you mock, attack, and excuse abuse of them by fellow skeptics.

I'm pretty much the only person arguing in defense of the documentary on this thread.

Yup. It's embarrassing for liberals - similar to how most conservatives prefer to avoid the topic of his many Republicans fell prey to birtherism. It's awkward to admit that people whom you agree with lie, and the instinct is to ignore it in favor of advancing the cause elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nope. You made the assertion that "left wing gun grabbers", as you call them, are "bigots". I've asked you to back up that assertion and you can't do it. So your assertion is empty and without any merit.

You deny the lefts public and quoted, not to mention video taped statements as not being backing for my statements yet you provide not proof of the tolerant liberal not going after everyone elses gun rights. Exactly who is without merit here (hint: it is you)?

Back
Top Bottom