• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The founder of the Azov regiment admitted that many fighters are nationalists

You do know that not all views are welcome in Putin’s world, right? It is LIES that take center stage in Putin’s Russia.
Next we will hear about terrorist training camp, vast stockpiles of WMD's and babies being thrown from incubators

Show me that my statement was wrong instead of attacking me.

You spoke of me and rubles paid to me by Putin. Do I need to point out to you that that is a fabrication? It suggests an insecure intellect that will resort to knee jerk fabrication

It’s pure Putin propaganda. We’re now not allowed to tell the truth?

Do you even grasp what "truth" means? It takes a developed intellect to grasp it. Just braying out that something is propaganda does not cut it. By instinct you are more Putin than Putin himself. In you are all the Putin vices and insecurities

The founder of the Azov regiment, ex-deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Andriy Biletsky admitted to the Financial Times newspaper that many soldiers of the regiment are nationalists.
According to Biletsky, who gave an interview to the publication, most of the Azov fighters are "patriotic, many of them are nationalists." He believes that the majority of Ukrainians today are also nationalists, and he named Stepan Bandera among the heroes revered by citizens.

According to the founder of the regiment, the number of fighters today is "tens of thousands". Most of them are part of territorial defense detachments, including more than a thousand people in Kharkiv.
The Ukrainian authorities have previously tried to deny that they have nationalists, despite the fact that Russia has repeatedly pointed this out. Thus, the need for the denazification of Ukraine by the armed forces of Russia is confirmed.

The existence of such a formation, whose representatives have repeatedly committed war crimes against civilians not only in Donbass, but also in other regions of the country, creates a certain impression about the Ukrainian authorities, who do not punish the militants in any way.

The people of Azov are effectively spreading their ideology. It is the youth that acts as the target audience for Azov. The infrastructure of "Azov" is extensive, summer camps for children, paramilitary training centers are being created on its basis, music festivals, mixed martial arts tournaments, political events are held – everything for their "promotion in the international ultra-right space". Young people with a weak mind absorb the idea of militarism and fascism.

Despite attempts by Western media to whitewash the battalion, Azov still adheres to neo-Nazi ideology. The militants still wear the Wolfsangel and maintain ties with the founders of the movement, and the current leader of the regiment, Denis Prokopenko, has come from the core of the Azov movement since 2014.

Russia's special operation in Ukraine has shown that a long and systematic struggle is needed against the ideology of Nazism. The Government of Ukraine needs to create conditions that exclude the spread of Nazism among the population.

The spread of Nazism is so great a SINGLE seat in Parliment is ultra right wing....

One seat.

Our of 450 IIRC.

Stop the Putin speak.

Stop excusing the invasion of a sovereign nation.

Do you even grasp what "truth" means? It takes a developed intellect to grasp it. Just braying out that something is propaganda does not cut it. By instinct you are more Putin than Putin himself. In you are all the Putin vices and insecurities

You spend a lot of time attacking me instead of staying on topic. So let me try again: does Putin lie? How much of what he says about his incursion into Ukraine is truth, and how much is propagandic lies? As a part of free speech, are we not allowed to posit pure propaganda when we see it? Do you accept everything said in the OP as total truth?

He is, or should be quite welcome. You cannot stand contrary opinion? Should we all just sing praises to your views? geez
I think it's really easy to pick out the Russian propagandists who are on the side of the country that is murdering innocent people and sending their own troops into radioactive areas.

Say hello to him across the Putin social media hack room for us. Thanks!

Gee bud, I didn’t know CNN worked for Putin?

“ But the regiment still uses the Wolfsangel symbol, and leaders of the Azov movement, who used to be commanders in the unit, continue to visit it, said Oleksiy Kuzmenko, a Ukrainian-American investigative journalist focusing on the Ukrainian far-right.

"The current leader of the Azov Regiment, Denis 'Redis' Prokopenko, is part of the core of the Azov movement since 2014, and served under commanders who went on to lead the Azov movement political and street wings," Kuzmenko told CNN.

Prokopenko's deputy, Svyatoslav "Kalyna" Palamar, has explicitly praised the movement's founder, Biletsky, as "a leader who 'finds sponsors that really invest money' into the regiment," Kuzmenko said.”

“ Kuzmenko points out that as of 2021, the regiment was "actively involved in the training of the movement's youth leaders," and its website has a link to the movement's YouTube channel.

"Ukraine and (the) West's inaction on these issues paved the way for Putin to quite literally weaponize them against Ukraine in an attempt to justify his aggression," Kuzmenko said.

"While it's correct to point (out that) Ukraine's far-right has minimal electoral support, they (Azov) have enjoyed near impunity for violence aimed at minorities, were unchecked in their efforts to build influence in military and security forces, and have been normalized by Ukraine's senior leaders," he said.”

What, you're gonna use Jedi Mind Tricks to make people take Putin propaganda seriously?

You're going to pretend that people swatting aside blatant Russian state propaganda is "the hysteria and censorships [sic] of Putin's Russia"?

We know what we're looking at. The lazy gaslight won't work.

Except for the fact that it ISN’T “propaganda”. From previous source:

“The political party Biletsky formed, the National Corps, which the US Department of State described in 2018 as a nationalist hate group, "is essentially the spine of what we today call the Azov movement," Kacper Rekawek, a research fellow with the Center for Research on Extremism (C-REX) at the University of Oslo, told CNN

The Azov movement is a dangerous key player of the transnational extreme-right and has served as a network hub for several years now, with strong ties to far-right extremists in many European Union countries and the United States," Ritzmann said.

Olena Semenyaka, the head of the National Corps' international department, attended a festival in 2018 organized by German neo-Nazis; and in 2019 she spoke at the far-right Scanza Forum in Sweden alongside British neo-Nazi Mark Collett.

Since forming in 2014, the Azov movement has grown to include a militia, summer camps for kids and paramilitary training centers. It runs activities, including music festivals, political events and mixed-martial-arts tournaments, as it promoted itself in the international far-right space.

The National Corps has repeatedly demonstrated its disdain for liberal values in its treatment of minority groups -- with few repercussions.

A 2018 US State Department report found that the movement's militia "attacked and destroyed a Romani camp in Kyiv after its residents failed to respond to their ultimatum to leave the area within 24 hours," in full view of the local police.”

Gee bud, I didn’t know CNN worked for Putin?

“ But the regiment still uses the Wolfsangel symbol, and leaders of the Azov movement, who used to be commanders in the unit, continue to visit it, said Oleksiy Kuzmenko, a Ukrainian-American investigative journalist focusing on the Ukrainian far-right.

"The current leader of the Azov Regiment, Denis 'Redis' Prokopenko, is part of the core of the Azov movement since 2014, and served under commanders who went on to lead the Azov movement political and street wings," Kuzmenko told CNN.

Prokopenko's deputy, Svyatoslav "Kalyna" Palamar, has explicitly praised the movement's founder, Biletsky, as "a leader who 'finds sponsors that really invest money' into the regiment," Kuzmenko said.”

“ Kuzmenko points out that as of 2021, the regiment was "actively involved in the training of the movement's youth leaders," and its website has a link to the movement's YouTube channel.

"Ukraine and (the) West's inaction on these issues paved the way for Putin to quite literally weaponize them against Ukraine in an attempt to justify his aggression," Kuzmenko said.

"While it's correct to point (out that) Ukraine's far-right has minimal electoral support, they (Azov) have enjoyed near impunity for violence aimed at minorities, were unchecked in their efforts to build influence in military and security forces, and have been normalized by Ukraine's senior leaders," he said.”

I fully expected the one trick pony to show up

Except for the fact that it ISN’T “propaganda”. From previous source:

“The political party Biletsky formed, the National Corps, which the US Department of State described in 2018 as a nationalist hate group, "is essentially the spine of what we today call the Azov movement," Kacper Rekawek, a research fellow with the Center for Research on Extremism (C-REX) at the University of Oslo, told CNN

The Azov movement is a dangerous key player of the transnational extreme-right and has served as a network hub for several years now, with strong ties to far-right extremists in many European Union countries and the United States," Ritzmann said.

Olena Semenyaka, the head of the National Corps' international department, attended a festival in 2018 organized by German neo-Nazis; and in 2019 she spoke at the far-right Scanza Forum in Sweden alongside British neo-Nazi Mark Collett.

Since forming in 2014, the Azov movement has grown to include a militia, summer camps for kids and paramilitary training centers. It runs activities, including music festivals, political events and mixed-martial-arts tournaments, as it promoted itself in the international far-right space.

The National Corps has repeatedly demonstrated its disdain for liberal values in its treatment of minority groups -- with few repercussions.

A 2018 US State Department report found that the movement's militia "attacked and destroyed a Romani camp in Kyiv after its residents failed to respond to their ultimatum to leave the area within 24 hours," in full view of the local police.”

The OP is attempting to use claims about Azov to support the idea that Putin is de-nazifying Ukraine. That is an argument in favor of Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine. Nevermind that he demanded "proof" that the Russians destroyed a Holocaust memorial and killed a survivor.

Nothing you say about Azov can change the fact that this has nothing do with any intent to de-nazify Ukraine, not that you de-nazify countries by indiscriminately murdering civilians). I would despise my country if we turned our backs on Ukraine because of Azov. Putin launched the war to steal land. He is indiscriminately slaughtering civilians in a bid to cow the country.

Someone is gonna say "ya but Azov has neo-nazis so you see, he's really just de-nazifying Ukraine. It's all cool!"?

**** that.

All views are welcome in a free world. I am not sure how different you are from Putin when it comes to tolerance for contrary opinion.
It's interesting that this is the view you choose to defend, but not unexpected. Over the last month, I'd guess your posts are 95% pro Russia. Is Juin a translation for Ivan?

It's interesting that this is the view you choose to defend, but not unexpected. Over the last month, I'd guess your posts are 95% pro Russia. Is Juin a translation for Ivan?
Americans lecturing Europeans about geo-politics.

In my view -> you are exactly like Putin. 100 % frame of thinking.

In my opinion, you would trade a red uniform for a SS uniform in a heartbeat. Sides are irrelevant for a mind like yours in my estimation.

This is the second post that I am hearing nonsense from "progressive" followers (Claim to be progressive).

Do you realize you are exactly the kind of mind like the Bush voter was when he went to Iraq?

Man oh man those Ukrainians learned their tactics well from the KGB. Same way to attack the mind.

Now I know how important is to have balanced leaders in the West. They might be slow, but if we listen to populists such as the above poster -> we have no world.

Last edited:
The OP is attempting to use claims about Azov to support the idea that Putin is de-nazifying Ukraine. That is an argument in favor of Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine. Nevermind that he demanded "proof" that the Russians destroyed a Holocaust memorial and killed a survivor (something you wouldn't do if you were actually de-nazifying a country, not that you de-nazify countries by indiscriminately murdering civilians).

Where do you even go with this ya but he's right about Azov thing? Do we .... not help Ukraine because it might have some neo-nazi groups? Support Putin's war? There's nothing to be done but investigate and deal with it later.

The article points out that, gee, letting literal Nazis freely operate within the Ukrainian military and in Ukraine as a whole does rather play into Putin’s hands, doesn’t it?

The point is simple— burying one’s head in the sand and shrieking “no no no they don’t exist propaganda” doesn’t change the fact that they DO, in fact, exist. And calling them “freedom fighters”, or denying that they are Nazis, or making excuses because “hey, maybe they hate Russians more than they hate Jews!” is simply sick.

Oh, it’s quite simple— either Ukraine cracks down on the literal Nazis or they don’t get all the goodies they’ve been asking for. It’s really not too much to ask, quite frankly, given that they’ve been howling for a no fly zone, which has a rather high likelihood of causing global thermonuclear war.

The United States has several HUNDRED TIMES more Nazis than Ukraine.

TrumpILDUCHE.jpg

Oh look, the crayon eater is whining again.

God, the ignore function is so nice.

He sputters and sobs, and I don’t have to see a word 😂

Oh look, the crayon eater is whining again.

God, the ignore function is so nice.

He sputters and sobs, and I don’t have to see a word 😂

yeah - and than comes the day you can talk the whole day with yourself, without any interuption of all these wrong people

yeah - and than comes the day you can talk the whole day with yourself, without any interuption of all these wrong people

Did you also oppose your country disbanding that KSK unit?

After all, they were as much “freedom fighters” as the Azov thugs are. 🙄😂

The Azov Battalion was organised by Andriy Biletsky, a white supremacist former hooligan associated with the FC Metalist Kharkiv ultras, known as Sect 82, who went on help lead the Patriot of Ukraine and Social National Assembly far-right groups.

Did you also oppose your country disbanding that KSK unit?

After all, they were as much “freedom fighters” as the Azov thugs are. 🙄😂

nope, that was correct. But we were not at war that times. And if it would not have happened I would be quite pissed to get bombed out because some politicians missed that move.

Back
Top Bottom