• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The False Teachings Of The Jehovah's Witnesses

Revenge threads are the best popcorn ready convos we can watch... 🍿

Well - regard it as anything you may want to imagine about the thread.
If that makes it interesting for you to do so......by all means. Whatever floats your boat. 🤷
At least, you can read for yourself - in details - the false teachings of the JW.

If there ever comes a time in your life that you seek the Christian God - at least, you know more then about JW.

Enjoy your popcorn.

Last edited:
With the latest addition posted in the other thread "God Himself Will Be With Them," this brings us to another false teaching by the JW:

Jesus Christ Is The Archangel Michael.

As shown in that thread, Jesus Christ was worsipped by His disciple (and He accepted the worship without any word of reproof) in contrast to the angel in the Book of Revelations, who stopped John from worshipping him.
Compare:

Revelations 22
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book:
worship God.

Matthew 14
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came and
worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Continuation.

Jesus Christ Is The Archangel Michael.

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit creature Michael. Three occurrences are in the book of Daniel. At Daniel 10:13, 21, we read that a dispatched angel is rescued by Michael, who is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the prince of you people.” Next, at Daniel 12:1, we learn that in the time of the end, “Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people.”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20100401/Is-Jesus-the-Archangel-Michael/

First of all, in the narrative of Daniel, there is no explicit reference to Jesus.
Furthermore, Michael was not referred to as, the, "CHIEF Prince!"

Daniel 10
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Take note: Michael was referred to as, "one of the chief princes."
With all the importance given to Jesus in the New Testament - If Jesus is Michael, how many other "princes" are equal to Him?

Jesus is UNIQUE! He is not one among many! He is also named as God's ONLY begotten Son - therefore, He has no equal!
JWs rationale doesn't make sense!

Daniel 10
20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

"Your prince," simply means protector of your people (Jews). Perhaps, that's the designated mission for Michael.

Daniel 12
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

That refers to the end times wherein the Archangel Michael has a prominent role to fulfill.
That Michael is also referred to as a great prince does not necessarily make him Jesus Christ.

If we apply the same logic that JW wants to apply here about sharing same title.........................

...........................then, why doesn't JW want to accept that Jesus Christ is Jehovah? After all..................................... Jesus and Jehovah had shared MORE THAN ONE TITLE (and attributes)!

Continuation.

Jesus Christ Is The Archangel Michael

A further mention of Michael occurs at Revelation 12:7, which describes “Michael and his angels” as fighting a vital war that results in the ousting of Satan the Devil and his wicked angels from heaven.

Michael and his angels would be Michael and his platoon! The angels under his command.

Revelations 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood:
and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture
and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Have you seen battlefield movies of ancient wars?

Really. Isn't that clear enough?

Think of Jesus as THE COMMANDER of a huge army!
Michael is among His chief officers. Under Michael are his angels.
Those who'd served in the military could perhaps relate more to this.
It's as simple as that.

Archangel must be the highest rank given to an angel. Gabriel is another archangel.

Continuation.

Jude verse 9 calls Michael “the archangel.” The prefix “arch” means “principal” or “chief,” and the word “archangel” is never used in the plural form in the Bible.

Speaking of Jude 1:9, it is another evidence that Michael is clearly not to be mistaken for Jesus Christ.

Michael has no authority to rebuke the devil.

Jude 1
9 Yet
Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Jesus Christ has the authority to rebuke them.

Matthew 17
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Luke 4
33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

35 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.
36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying,
What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

Matthew 16

23 But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

Other than the blood thing, I can't see how one sect believing in the imaginary is any worse than any other believing in the imaginary.

Well - regard it as anything you may want to imagine about the thread.
If that makes it interesting for you to do so......by all means. Whatever floats your boat. 🤷
At least, you can read for yourself - in details - the false teachings of the JW.

If there ever comes a time in your life that you seek the Christian God - at least, you know more then about JW.

Enjoy your popcorn.

The reason I said it is mainly over a poster you usually spar with, well... other than me.

But for the purposes of this thread Christianity (for lack of a better bucket to put all this in) has splintered so many times it is not worth counting.

All the scriptures you have referenced are all valid interpretations by your faith, the issue is they are not the only interpretation nor can we really quantify that they are always the prevailing interpretation.

The interesting thing, and arguably what gives their argument less validity, is they mix source.

It is not unreasonable to say their translation / version of the bible has quite a few departures from mainstream yet they will occasionally focus on scripture quotes that may have other biblical translations / versions.

You could say the dogma is cult-like in observation of behavior and that naturally leads to consequences among other splinters of Christianity. Personally I would look to all their failed and unfulfilled predictions as the biggest indication they are furthest behind the curve on biblical interpretation and arguably intent as well.

Other than the blood thing, I can't see how one sect believing in the imaginary is any worse than any other believing in the imaginary.

Why do you wonder that you don't get it?

The discussion is about another believers' interpretation - which this thread shows to be false.
Obviously, this subject is not for you. You should know that!

Last edited:
Why do you wonder that you don't get it?

The discussion is about the another believers' interpretation - which this thread shows to be false.
Obviously, this subject is not for you. You should know that!
How can any interpretation of the imaginary ever be proven to be correct or false?

The reason I said it is mainly over a poster you usually spar with, well... other than me.

So what if we have sparred? Why shouldn't we?

This is a forum - there would be sparrings!
There would be heated arguments!

You and the JW apologist aren't the only ones I sparred with.
What? You saying I shouldn't be challenging anyone I've sparred with?

Do you apply that to yourself.....seeing that you know, you and I had sparred with one another before?
And yet, here you are with your irrational argument about the creation of this thread - a subject that shouldn't even concern you!

It's what's being posted - the message - that should matter.
If the message being given is just pure drivel, that's one thing.
The OP had explained the purpose for this thread, and you have to understand something basic about Christianity to get where I'm coming from.
Christians are given this great commission to spread the Word of God.
Read and reflect on the OP.

Not everything is trivial drama, you know.

This is a forum. RELIGION SECTION to boot. In Theology!
It is a subject about false teachings of a particular sect.
You've got to be aware of, and understand where you are.

But for the purposes of this thread Christianity (for lack of a better bucket to put all this in) has splintered so many times it is not worth counting.

All the scriptures you have referenced are all valid interpretations by your faith, the issue is they are not the only interpretation nor can we really quantify that they are always the prevailing interpretation.

The interesting thing, and arguably what gives their argument less validity, is they mix source.

It is not unreasonable to say their translation / version of the bible has quite a few departures from mainstream yet they will occasionally focus on scripture quotes that may have other biblical translations / versions.

You could say the dogma is cult-like in observation of behavior and that naturally leads to consequences among other splinters of Christianity.

That's your opinion. 🤷

Personally I would look to all their failed and unfulfilled predictions as the biggest indication they are furthest behind the curve on biblical interpretation and arguably intent as well.

Well, why don't you create your own thread for that? YOU do that!
Let me do my own thread, my own way.

Now, let's get back on topic.

Last edited:
Personally I would look to all their failed and unfulfilled predictions as the biggest indication they are furthest behind the curve on biblical interpretation and arguably intent as well.

Thank you for the suggestion. But, there's more to it than just failed predictions/prophecies (which are the signs of false prophets - and that, you're right).
Read the title and the OP. It's about FALSE TEACHINGS.
Like I've said..... lots of things to cover here. :)

Now, on to the topic.

Last edited:
Why did God give us the Scriptures?
That we may know and understand what God wants us to know and understand about Him.
That we may know what is required from us.
That it may be our "compass," or "anchor."

Why are we warned so many times in the Scriptures about false teachings?
Because, altering the message of God in any way.....and, presenting it as the Word of God, is a lie.
False teachings are.........lies.

They can confuse us......they can lead us astray.
It can erode faith.

Wouldn't that be the purpose of Satan?

Why is altering the message of God threatened with such severe warning?
Think of the consequence false teachings does to everyone.....including other Christians.

I know of a JW who became a friend at work. I'm not saying they are bad people.
They are victims of false teachings themselves.
Some JW apologists truly believe what they spread is the Word of God.
I agree that JW's have changed some things and taken out things from the Bible. But, that doesn't make them dangerous. Who says your interpretation and understanding are correct in all things? The Bible itself says the scriptures are not for private interpretations. That means people can interpret passages as they choose and believe. It's part of personal revelation. I also know many JWs who are by far more righteous than born again and evangelical Christians. I wouldn't worry about the dangerous stuff and occult thing.

The organization that calls itself, “Jehovah's Witnesses,” is just one among many religions that teach false teachings, and would not have merited an in-depth topic about it .....however, it is one of the most actively tenacious proselytizers,
using the name of Christianity. In that regard, it is one of the most, if not the most dangerous modern-day cult there is.

If someone out there seeks religion, a good question would be to ask yourself: why?
What is your purpose?

If your purpose is to have all that is promised by the Christian God – eternal life with God that comes with salvation – then, you owe it to yourself to dig deeper, and heed the numerous warnings that are in the Scriptures
about false teachings, and wolves in sheep's clothings.

When we really think about it, there are only two important things to remember: FAITH IN CHRIST, and OBEDIENCE.
Those two, come together.

John 11
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

..................”who BELIEVES IN ME.....,” is a simple and yet, quite loaded statement.

Believing in Christ means, you accept HIM and everything He taught, and believe what He claims about Himself as THE TRUTH.
There is nothing that needs to be edited, or “sanitized” with what He said. There s nothing for us to correct about Him.
And yet, in numerous cases that's what's JW seems to be doing about Jesus Christ. Downplaying Him. Editing Him. Correcting Him.

That is important. If we are to obey Christ and preach to nations, we have to do as precisely as we can, as He instructed:

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What are the features of THE TRUE Christian religion?
It does not contradict or gets into conflict with any message in the Bible.
It is consistent with the message in the Scriptures.
Since the Scriptures can stand on its own, the true religion can HONESTLY stand to scrutiny as well, and can HONESTLY defend itself thru the Scriptures.
It is our GOD-given tool!

2 Tim 3
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

JW disciples are indoctrinated with their own man-made bible which is named, New World Translation, along with various media that are created by the organization. Among them, The WatchTower magazine.
It is said that they are forbidden to read any other religion-based materials by outside sources.
It is said that JW holds regular “book studies,” where-in its disciples are constantly exposed to counter CHRISTIAN teachings, so much so that it is also said, an average Jehovah's Witnesess disciple can easily clobber
an average Christian defending his Christian belief.

It is the purpose of this thread to EXPOSE the lies, and bring them to light...... through the Word of God.
It is the purpose of this thread to warn others from being led astray by the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
It is the purpose of this thread to reach out to JW disciples, and provide them with points of direction.........that they may hopefully, see and hear............and, stop the spread of lies.

JW apologists are welcomed to correct any mistakes or misconceptions about their belief or organizations.

What are the false teachings of the JW? It's hard to decide which among the many should be given first. There are so many false teachings to unpack. Some teachings may seem so petty, but upon closer look,
they are equally devastating to one's understanding of the Gospel and the Bible, and lead one to confusion, and detrimentally, to erode one's faith in God (which is the intention of the devil).

These are the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses, not necessarily in any order or ranking.
It's a different religion. Of course they believe different things.

As an atheist I think you're both silly.

I agree that JW's have changed some things and taken out things from the Bible. But, that doesn't make them dangerous. Who says your interpretation and understanding are correct in all things? The Bible itself says the scriptures are not for private interpretations. That means people can interpret passages as they choose and believe. It's part of personal revelation. I also know many JWs who are by far more righteous than born again and evangelical Christians. I wouldn't worry about the dangerous stuff and occult thing.

As stated in the OP, here is one purpose for this thread:

It is the purpose of this thread to EXPOSE the lies, and bring them to light...............................through the Word of God.
Meaning, through the Scriptures.

Unless you can back all those claims with something biblical (like I did with mine), your personal opinion aren't worth anything in a topic such as this.

I have asked 2 questions:
if false teachings are not dangerous, how come we are warned so many times in the Scriptures against them?
Why is altering the message of God threatened with such severe warning?

I'm waiting for your answer.

This thread is not about personal opinion(s)........................so please, try to stay on topic.

WHY DON'T JEHOVAHS WITNESSES CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS

• Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth.—Luke 22:19, 20.

False.
Jesus Christ did not make any stipulations not to commemorate what His birth means to the world.

Luke 22
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The focus of the Last Supper is to emphasize, and make us not forget........................................... what God/Jesus had gone through (suffering and death), for our redemption.

Why would there be anything wrong about celebrating the birth of Christ? There is great cause for celebration!
The Messiah had finally come! The long wait is over!
Even the angels were overcome with joy!

Luke 2
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid.
I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Only Satan and his minions, would be the party- poopers over this joyous event!

On the Contrary - JW should know there is a stipulation in the Bible against following and being judged by man-made rules, which pertains to CELEBRATIONS:

Colossians 2

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

7 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Continuation.

Jesus Is The Archangel Michael

I stumbled onto this interesting passage that is relevant, while rebutting the above false teachings of the JW (in another thread), that somehow, celebrating Christmas and other holidays are not acceptable to God because of their pagan roots.

Let's bring up and read this part of Colossians 2 again:

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you.
Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

Stumbling over it - isn't that just a coincidence, or what?
It's almost like it refers to JW!

JW believes, Jesus is an angel..........................right?
JW believes, Jesus is the archangel, Michael................................right?

Last edited:

Continuation.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?

• Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.
  • There is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25; his birth date is not recorded in the Bible.

Whether the birth of the Messiah was celebrated or not by the apostles and early Church, does not make it sinful that today's Christians all over the world celebrate it.
Nor is the day that is chosen for its celebration, really matters.
What matters is the intent for such celebration. The purpose and and its meaning, to the people who want to celebrate it.

Romans 14
5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.
23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

If you celebrate Christmas in honor of the Lord, then you're doing it out of faith.
If you don't celebrate Christmas in honor of the Lord, then you're also doing it out of faith.
There is no judgment or condemnation for that. There shouldn't be.

22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God.

We go back to Colossians.

Colossians 2

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and
the worship of angels disqualify you.

Especially so it seems.............................from anyone who worships an angel, or angels.

They are in no position to judge us.

Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.
19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Last edited:
Continuation.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?

We believe that Christmas is not approved by God because it is rooted in pagan customs and rites.—2 Corinthians 6:17.

At least, their statement acknowledged that it is their belief. They have given what verse they based it on.
Therefore, they do not celebrate it...........in honor of the Lord.

To not celebrate Christmas, is their expression of their faith in God.
I respect that.

I do not cast any judgment on it.

2 Corinthians 6
We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Continuation.

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas?

Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.

Actually, reflecting on it - the fact that the birth of Jesus is being celebrated in the whole wide world today, in the 21st Century - more than two thousand years after the last of the apostles had died, should even be
ANOTHER CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!

It means the Word of God has reached the gentiles! It is being preached to all nations!
Look how far it had gone!

Isn't that a testimony to the fulfillment of the prophecy? Isn't that another testimony to the power of GOD?

Isaiah 55
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Amen.

HALLELUJAH!

Addendum:

At Daniel 10:13, 21, we read that a dispatched angel is rescued by Michael, who is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the prince of you people.”
Next, at Daniel 12:1, we learn that in the time of the end, “Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people.”

Well, how about this?

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus will be called THE MIGHTY GOD...........and, THE EVERLASTING FATHER.

Because He is God.

Jehovah’s Witnesses (hereafter JWs) consider themselves to be Christians (but not Protestants), even though they reject the doctrine of the Trinity. JWs claim that Jesus was NOT divine and that the Holy Spirit is an “active force” and not a person. JWs believe that Jesus is God’s only direct creation, “the firstborn of all creation” and therefore rightly entitled to be called the “son of God.” However, they believe that as a created being “he is not part of a Trinity.” They believe Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth and, after his death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. They also believe Jesus “gave his perfect human life as a ransom sacrifice” and that through his death and resurrection “make it possible for those exercising faith in him to gain everlasting life.”

https://www.premierchristianity.com/apologetics/10-questions-to-ask-a-jehovahs-witness/1784.article 1
1. If you found the Watchtower contradicted the Bible which would you believe?

This is a really just a preparatory question which should have an obvious answer, but it is designed to introduce the idea that there may be a disparity between the Watchtower and the Bible.

2. How can I gain eternal life?

The route to eternal life for a JW is long and tortuous, passing through various stages with a big final exam at the end that the Bible tells them most will fail! Their religion is through works, not faith! Be ready to show them scripture which actually tells us how to gain eternal life.

3. Do you know if you have eternal life?

A JW cannot know they have eternal life until the end of the 1000 year reign when they must pass the final ‘test’ set out in Revelation 20:8. Ask them if they be surprised to find that the Bible tells us we definitely can know we have eternal life then show them 1 John 5:13: "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." You can ask them: "wouldn’t it be great to know you have eternal life?"

4. Do I have to be JW to be resurrected onto paradise earth?

JWs are taught the vast majority of people (the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9) will live out eternity on a paradise earth, not in heaven, initially including those who are not presently JWs. This begs the question of what being a JW achieves in this life, or in fact any action or belief, as we are all resurrected irrespective of our affiliation!

5. If the unrighteous are resurrected to the paradise earth anyway what did Jesus achieve?

The implication is that whether I follow Christ or not I will be resurrected, so what was the point of Jesus dying? They may try and say his death allowed us all to be resurrected, if so ask them where it says that in the Bible and even where it says so in their literature – it doesn’t!

6. The Watchtower Society teaches that Jesus’ death was only a sacrifice for Adam’s sin so why does the Bible tell us Jesus died for all our sins?

You can ask them to explain any of the many verses which tell us all our sins are forgiven.

7. Where in the Bible does it say that God’s kingdom is not a kingdom but a government?

The Watchtower Society teaches God’s kingdom is not "that over which God rules", but a "government" made up of the 144,000 from Revelation 7:4 who are the only ones who are "born again".

They may point you to Daniel 2:44 and Isaiah 9:6; neither of which show a kingdom is a government. You can link this to John 3 in a warning to remind them that if they’re not born again they will never even see the kingdom let alone enter it!

8. How many ‘hopes’ does the governing body teach for Christians?

The JW's governing body teaches there are two; one in heaven for the 144,000 and the other on earth for everyone else. Ask them how this matches up with Ephesians 4:4 which says: "There is one body and one Spirit just as you were called to one hope when you were called."

9. Why did the Watchtower Society become an associate member of the United Nations in 1992 until 2001?

Before posing this question as an attack on the organisation it is best to prepare the way otherwise the effect can be lost. Start by asking why JWs are not allowed to participate in political affairs. Then move on to asking them why they hate the UN so much. Getting them to confirm first how the UN is so opposed to Jehovah’s kingdom before dropping the bombshell that that the Watchtower Society joined it increases the effect. They may well deny that this actually happened but just ask them to speak with their elders to confirm it or research it themselves. Leave the question to simmer in their minds.

10. Is Jesus your mediator with God?

The Bible is clear that there is only one mediator and that is Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5) but the governing body teaches that he is only the mediator for the 144,000 and that, in effect, the 144,000 are the mediators for the rest.

A person seeking the truth of what Jesus taught when he was on the earth would no more go to the Pharisees and Sadducees seeking answers, than a person would go to Christendom today to seek what Jehovah's Witnesses teach...they would go to the source if they were earnestly seeking the truth instead of lies...

https://www.jw.org/en/

A person seeking the truth of what Jesus taught when he was on the earth would no more go to the Pharisees and Sadducees seeking answers, than a person would go to Christendom today to seek what Jehovah's Witnesses teach...they would go to the source if they were earnestly seeking the truth instead of lies...

https://www.jw.org/en/
Why would anyone go to JW's to understand the DOCTRINE of the TRINITY? And why should anyone reject what people who were once JWs but left have to say. They best know what they objected to. I want to also say that JEHOVAH is not the actual name of the LORD. It was more likely YAHWEH. So, to make an issue of a name that was not spelled out originally out of RESPECT, seems a discredit to those promoting it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who the translators of JW's bible are?

There has been some controversies regarding the translators of NWT. Among them is misquoting people to support their narrative.
Like the way they misquoted Julius Mantey.

Back
Top Bottom