• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The False Teachings Of The Jehovah's Witnesses

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The organization that calls itself, “Jehovah's Witnesses,” is just one among many religions that teach false teachings, and would not have merited an in-depth topic about it .....however, it is one of the most actively tenacious proselytizers,
using the name of Christianity. In that regard, it is one of the most, if not the most dangerous modern-day cult there is.

If someone out there seeks religion, a good question would be to ask yourself: why?
What is your purpose?

If your purpose is to have all that is promised by the Christian God – eternal life with God that comes with salvation – then, you owe it to yourself to dig deeper, and heed the numerous warnings that are in the Scriptures
about false teachings, and wolves in sheep's clothings.

When we really think about it, there are only two important things to remember: FAITH IN CHRIST, and OBEDIENCE.
Those two, come together.

John 11
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

..................”who BELIEVES IN ME.....,” is a simple and yet, quite loaded statement.

Believing in Christ means, you accept HIM and everything He taught, and believe what He claims about Himself as THE TRUTH.
There is nothing that needs to be edited, or “sanitized” with what He said. There s nothing for us to correct about Him.
And yet, in numerous cases that's what's JW seems to be doing about Jesus Christ. Downplaying Him. Editing Him. Correcting Him.

That is important. If we are to obey Christ and preach to nations, we have to do as precisely as we can, as He instructed:

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What are the features of THE TRUE Christian religion?
It does not contradict or gets into conflict with any message in the Bible.
It is consistent with the message in the Scriptures.
Since the Scriptures can stand on its own, the true religion can HONESTLY stand to scrutiny as well, and can HONESTLY defend itself thru the Scriptures.
It is our GOD-given tool!

2 Tim 3
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

JW disciples are indoctrinated with their own man-made bible which is named, New World Translation, along with various media that are created by the organization. Among them, The WatchTower magazine.
It is said that they are forbidden to read any other religion-based materials by outside sources.
It is said that JW holds regular “book studies,” where-in its disciples are constantly exposed to counter CHRISTIAN teachings, so much so that it is also said, an average Jehovah's Witnesess disciple can easily clobber
an average Christian defending his Christian belief.

It is the purpose of this thread to EXPOSE the lies, and bring them to light...... through the Word of God.
It is the purpose of this thread to warn others from being led astray by the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
It is the purpose of this thread to reach out to JW disciples, and provide them with points of direction.........that they may hopefully, see and hear............and, stop the spread of lies.

JW apologists are welcomed to correct any mistakes or misconceptions about their belief or organizations.

What are the false teachings of the JW? It's hard to decide which among the many should be given first. There are so many false teachings to unpack. Some teachings may seem so petty, but upon closer look,
they are equally devastating to one's understanding of the Gospel and the Bible, and lead one to confusion, and detrimentally, to erode one's faith in God (which is the intention of the devil).

These are the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses, not necessarily in any order or ranking.

Last edited:
  1. There is no Triune God (God, His Word, His Spirit). God is not Jesus Christ in human form.

There is a topic solely devoted to numerous verses, and logical explanations about what we call the Trinity, and verses that state Jesus (The Word), and God are One and the Same.

The latest recap of evidences are listed on posts # 257 and 258.

As of this writing, JW apologists have yet to answer this question:

Who is our groom? God, or Christ?

The question is based on these verses:

Isaiah 54
“For your husband is your Maker,
Whose name is the Lord of hosts;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel,
Who is called the God of all the earth.

Hosea 2
16 “In that day,” declares the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’;
you will no longer call me ‘my master.

19 And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy.

2 Corinthians 11
11 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me!
2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy.
I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin
to him.
3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one
you
accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Either Jesus is God......or, JW suggests the New Testament is not reliable.
An unreliable New Testament means the whole idea of Jesus Christ – and salvation, and everything promised in the NT - are thrown down the toilet.

JW really pushes its narrative against the Triune God that it even went to the extent of changing the words in the Scriptures.
All the mainstream Bibles, including the Jewish Tanakh have the same text for

Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water.

What did the JW's New World Translation do? Changed the phrase, "spirit of God," into this:

Now the earth was formless and desolate,* and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep,*b and God’s active force*c was moving about over the surface of the waters.

JW didn't want to mention “the spirit of God,” so instead they replaced it with “God's active force.”

Let's get one thing clear: When we change a word, or alter what is written in any way that it changes the message being given by God – what we preach is no longer the Word of God.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation.

Galatians 1: 6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

To present it as the"Word of God," is a lie.
Thus perhaps, it is why preachers of false teachings are associated with Satan – the father of lies.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

John 8
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Last edited:
  1. Our souls die with our bodies.

That came up in a most recent discussion with a JW apologist.

To support it, the apologist gave this:
"The soul who sins is the one who will die" Ezekiel 18:4

Obviously, that line was taken out of context. That refers to the second death.
However, take note:
Ezekiel doesn't say ALL SOULS will die. It specifically talks about the soul who sins.

When that was pointed out, this is the rationale given by the JW apologist for their belief.

We all sin, don't we? If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be alive...”

To challenge that claim, and make a big argument out of that would seem so petty, after all what harm does that particular teaching do? Actually, it is a very damaging teaching.

If that's what JW believes – digging up the sin of Adam and Eve to boot – then, what did Jesus Christ die for?
The apologist for JW admitted that He died for our sins.
I don't know though what Christ dying for our sins would actually mean to them, if they're still digging up the sin of Adam and Eve. 🤷

Anyway, another point......

Nothing in the Bible says Adam and Eve were created to live eternally. In fact, a statement by God says they were not created to live forever.

Genesis 3
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

That seems to be the reason why Adam and Eve got booted out of the garden!
God even put a guard to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and living forever!

23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken.
24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

Take note, Adam and Eve did not fall down dead on the day they ate from that tree!
In fact, Adam went on to live a long life, and died at 930 years old.
His kids and grandchildren shared almost the same long life-span. People lived an average of 900 years before the Great Flood of Noah.

When God warned them from eating the forbidden fruit, "for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” Genesis 2:17, God was referring to spiritual death, which means being separated from God.

YES, we all sin!
However, JW apologists forget one thing:

The Messiah had already come, and had died for our sins!
Therefore, here's what the Book of Hebrews says:

Hebrews 10
26 If we
deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

That is why................................................... ONLY THE SOUL THAT SINS WILL DIE.
ONLY THE SOUL THAT SINS WILL DIE!

Do JW apologists say, His sacrifices and death.........................means nothing?
All message of God's love and gift of grace..........................means nothing?
Are you saying the devil won?

Last edited:
3. Our souls don't die with our physical bodies!

A JW apologist claims:

"Souls are not immortal, immaterial beings that live on beyond our earthly life."

First of all, how can you say soul is not immaterial?
From the way soul is described, or referred to in the Bible, isn't it the part of the human that is not physical?

The soul does not die with our physical body.
Only our physical body would die.

Why? Because it's been created that way.....................that's why.

Genesis 3
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food

until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Think of the physical body as a shell.

2 Corinthians 5
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.
4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

When we die, our souls will leave the physical body. They will be reunited at the Resurrection of the dead to face the Final Judgment.

Other evidence that our souls do not die with the physical body:

We know that Moses died and his body was buried. Yet, there he was at the Transfiguration:

Matthew 17:3
And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

We know what Jesus Christ had said to the thief who was also crucified with Jesus:

Luke 23
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

How can the thief be with Him in paradise on that day? Didn't Jesus go to hell when He died?
It's simple. Jesus is God. God is OMNIPRESENT. GOD IS EVERYWHERE.
He can be in hell at the same time He is in paradise.

After all...................................... if Jesus/God/Spirit can be in everyone's hearts/in us............................why would being in hell and paradise at the same time be a problem?
Lol - those are only two places compared to each and every one of us!

That's another evidence for Jesus and God being One and the Same.
Lol - see when you rely on the Scriptures for correct interpretations?
You end up with support for more things than you know.
They are consistent.

Last edited:
The organization that calls itself, “Jehovah's Witnesses,” is just one among many religions that teach false teachings, and would not have merited an in-depth topic about it .....however, it is one of the most actively tenacious proselytizers,
using the name of Christianity. In that regard, it is one of the most, if not the most dangerous modern-day cult there is.

If someone out there seeks religion, a good question would be to ask yourself: why?
What is your purpose?

If your purpose is to have all that is promised by the Christian God – eternal life with God that comes with salvation – then, you owe it to yourself to dig deeper, and heed the numerous warnings that are in the Scriptures
about false teachings, and wolves in sheep's clothings.

When we really think about it, there are only two important things to remember: FAITH IN CHRIST, and OBEDIENCE.
Those two, come together.

John 11
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

..................”who BELIEVES IN ME.....,” is a simple and yet, quite loaded statement.

Believing in Christ means, you accept HIM and everything He taught, and believe what He claims about Himself as THE TRUTH.
There is nothing that needs to be edited, or “sanitized” with what He said. There s nothing for us to correct about Him.
And yet, in numerous cases that's what's JW seems to be doing about Jesus Christ. Downplaying Him. Editing Him. Correcting Him.

That is important. If we are to obey Christ and preach to nations, we have to do as precisely as we can, as He instructed:

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

What are the features of THE TRUE Christian religion?
It does not contradict or gets into conflict with any message in the Bible.
It is consistent with the message in the Scriptures.
Since the Scriptures can stand on its own, the true religion can HONESTLY stand to scrutiny as well, and can HONESTLY defend itself thru the Scriptures.
It is our GOD-given tool!

2 Tim 3
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

JW disciples are indoctrinated with their own man-made bible which is named, New World Translation, along with various media that are created by the organization. Among them, The WatchTower magazine.
It is said that they are forbidden to read any other religion-based materials by outside sources.
It is said that JW holds regular “book studies,” where-in its disciples are constantly exposed to counter CHRISTIAN teachings, so much so that it is also said, an average Jehovah's Witnesess disciple can easily clobber
an average Christian defending his Christian belief.

It is the purpose of this thread to EXPOSE the lies, and bring them to light...... through the Word of God.
It is the purpose of this thread to warn others from being led astray by the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
It is the purpose of this thread to reach out to JW disciples, and provide them with points of direction.........that they may hopefully, see and hear............and, stop the spread of lies.

JW apologists are welcomed to correct any mistakes or misconceptions about their belief or organizations.

What are the false teachings of the JW? It's hard to decide which among the many should be given first. There are so many false teachings to unpack. Some teachings may seem so petty, but upon closer look,
they are equally devastating to one's understanding of the Gospel and the Bible, and lead one to confusion, and detrimentally, to erode one's faith in God (which is the intention of the devil).

These are the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses, not necessarily in any order or ranking.
Over half of the "Christian" churches I know have 'false teachings'----so what is your point??

Over half of the "Christian" churches I know have 'false teachings'----so what is your point??

Did you read the OP? The point should be obvious.
If you want to bring up and discuss the false teachings of other religion/churches - kindly create your own thread for it.

IF there is ONE TRUE Christianity, why are there more than 30,000 churches that call themselves Christian?

Just might be due to the multiple contradictions in the Holy Book and the multiple translations during the past 1500 years.

If you want to bring up and discuss the false teachings of other religion/churches - kindly create your own thread for it.
The purpose of this thread is clearly stated in the OP.

Why should we accept your opinion of the JWs? What is it based upon?

What causes you to believe that your specific church is the one true Christian faith while others who call themselves Christian you see as heretics?

Why should we accept your opinion of the JWs? What is it based upon?

What causes you to believe that your specific church is the one true Christian faith while others who call themselves Christian you see as heretics?

It's more than just an opinion obviously. I'm not forcing anyone to accept it.
The thread is about false teachings.........................particularly by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
The OP had explained and stated its purpose for this thread.

If you have any beef about such issue being created as a topic, create your own thread for it and we'll discuss it there.

Believing in Christ means, you accept HIM and everything He taught, and believe what He claims about Himself

We don't even know what this was for sure and certainly not in specifics.

We don't even know what this was for sure and certainly not in specifics.

That's what believing in Christ means. Faith is about trust.
Here is a good explanation:

The true meaning of the question is “Do you believe Jesus Christ is who the Bible says He is, and are you trusting Him as your Savior?”

Do you believe that Jesus is God in human form (John 1:1, 14)? Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21), for which you deserve eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23)? Do you believe that the sacrifice of Jesus, God incarnate, is the only adequate payment for your sins (1 John 2:2; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)?

Do you believe these things? If so, great, but believing the facts about Jesus is only part of the equation.

Biblical faith/belief is far more than believing certain things to be true. Biblical saving faith is also trusting/relying on those facts.

A chair is a good illustration. You can look at a chair and believe it is made of materials strong enough to support your weight, and you can believe that it was assembled correctly.
But that is not biblical faith. Biblical faith is sitting in the chair. It is actually relying on the chair to hold your weight off the ground.

Are you trusting that Jesus is your Savior? Are you relying on His death as the full payment for your sin debt?
Are you depending on His resurrection as the guarantee that you, too, will be raised to eternal life after death? Not that it could ever happen, but if the “chair” of Jesus Christ were pulled out from beneath you,
spiritually speaking, would you hit the ground, or are you also relying on things in addition to the chair?

If you understand and believe what the Bible says about Jesus, and if you are trusting in those truths as the basis for salvation—you are saved! You “believe in Jesus” in the biblical sense.

Yeah, I don't play that.

That is for suckers.

Too late for that - you got suckered in. :)
You should learn how to choose the topics you respond to....................................and, having self-restraint isn't a bad idea.

I don't know why some non-believers just couldn't stay away from God-related topics. 🤷
Even though they know that stepping in it is like stepping on.................quicksand.

Did you read the OP? The point should be obvious.
Yeah I read it----------why is JW so special to be picked on?? Almost all churches have "false teachings"................you lose before yu start IMO

Yeah I read it----------why is JW so special to be picked on?? Almost all churches have "false teachings"................you lose before yu start IMO

You may've read it, but obviously you didn't get it. It's right there.
Read it again. :ROFLMAO:

JW's bible, New World Translation, had corrupted the Word of God. Here is another outright distortion.
They changed this,

John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

into this:

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,a and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

How is it possible that The Word was a god? Was God lying when He said this?

Isaiah 43

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.

Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

Read the next line:

11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and
apart from me there is no savior.

God is the only Saviour.
If Jesus is not God - then, why do we regard Him as our saviour?
If Jesus is not God - JW disciples has a very, very serious problem. :)

See what happens when you fool around, changing words and distorting messages of God.
You end up in conflict with, or contradicting something in the Scriptures.

I'm not JW. Nor, do I agree with much of their teachings. But, why do you use the word "dangerous?" In what way are they dangerous? All the JW's I know are fine people with great morals. Like Mormons and TV evangelists, they have a message to give. But, they do not force anyone to live their beliefs by threatening to cut off their heads like perhaps some fundamentalist Islamists do. And, you state the word "cult" as if it were not synonymous with Jesus Christ in his day. In his day, His movement was known as a cult. So, stop using it as a negative. It's not the same as "occult." Yet, many equate the two words as being the same. So, are you deceiving people intentionally using "dangerous cult?"
JW's do not believe Jesus Christ is God or part of the Godhead. They view him more like Islam views Jesus Christ, as a Prophet. They are entitled to their opinions. But, this is not making them dangerous people. Stop with the dramatics.

JW's bible, New World Translation, had corrupted the Word of God. Here is another outright distortion.
They changed this,

John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

into this:

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,a and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

How is it possible that The Word was a god? Was God lying when He said this?

Isaiah 43

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.

Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

Read the next line:

11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and
apart from me there is no savior.

God is the only Saviour.
If Jesus is not God - then, why do we regard Him as our saviour?
If Jesus is not God - JW disciples has a very, very serious problem. :)

See what happens when you fool around, changing words and distorting messages of God.
You end up in conflict with, or contradicting something in the Scriptures.
John 1:1 is not what I'd expect from JW's as well. They have never believed Jesus was a God. We believe Jehovah to be Jesus and JW's do not. They do believe he's a separate personage but I've never heard them preach that he's a God. Now, if you want to take apart the verse for a second, the second part "The word was with God" certainly suggests Jesus was with God, not the God he's talking about. Why would he say he is with himself? Makes no sense. Yet, mainstream Christianity still tries to justify the convoluted "Trinity" that there is just one personage God who manifests Himself three different ways at the same time. Magical for sure but magic isn't what Christians should be aspiring to, is it? So, who was Jesus (Jehovah) with? The Father of course. Duh!!! He was with the Father, not the Father God. So, Jesus was with the Father, but not the Father. So, he is a God. God the Son.
See, JW's believe Jesus is the Arc Angel, Michael. Thus, not part of the Godhead. And, this is why I find their wording still fighting their own belief. Of course, Michael became Adam, the Father of the Human race on Earth.

I'm not JW. Nor, do I agree with much of their teachings. But, why do you use the word "dangerous?" In what way are they dangerous? All the JW's I know are fine people with great morals. Like Mormons and TV evangelists, they have a message to give. But, they do not force anyone to live their beliefs by threatening to cut off their heads like perhaps some fundamentalist Islamists do. And, you state the word "cult" as if it were not synonymous with Jesus Christ in his day. In his day, His movement was known as a cult. So, stop using it as a negative. It's not the same as "occult." Yet, many equate the two words as being the same. So, are you deceiving people intentionally using "dangerous cult?"
JW's do not believe Jesus Christ is God or part of the Godhead. They view him more like Islam views Jesus Christ, as a Prophet. They are entitled to their opinions. But, this is not making them dangerous people. Stop with the dramatics.

Why did God give us the Scriptures?
That we may know and understand what God wants us to know and understand about Him.
That we may know what is required from us.
That it may be our "compass," or "anchor."

Why are we warned so many times in the Scriptures about false teachings?
Because, altering the message of God in any way.....and, presenting it as the Word of God, is a lie.
False teachings are.........lies.

They can confuse us......they can lead us astray.
It can erode faith.

Wouldn't that be the purpose of Satan?

Why is altering the message of God threatened with such severe warning?
Think of the consequence false teachings does to everyone.....including other Christians.

I know of a JW who became a friend at work. I'm not saying they are bad people.
They are victims of false teachings themselves.
Some JW apologists truly believe what they spread is the Word of God.

John 1:1 is not what I'd expect from JW's as well. They have never believed Jesus was a God. We believe Jehovah to be Jesus and JW's do not. They do believe he's a separate personage but I've never heard them preach that he's a God. Now, if you want to take apart the verse for a second, the second part "The word was with God" certainly suggests Jesus was with God, not the God he's talking about. Why would he say he is with himself? Makes no sense. Yet, mainstream Christianity still tries to justify the convoluted "Trinity" that there is just one personage God who manifests Himself three different ways at the same time. Magical for sure but magic isn't what Christians should be aspiring to, is it? So, who was Jesus (Jehovah) with? The Father of course. Duh!!! He was with the Father, not the Father God. So, Jesus was with the Father, but not the Father. So, he is a God. God the Son.
See, JW's believe Jesus is the Arc Angel, Michael. Thus, not part of the Godhead. And, this is why I find their wording still fighting their own belief. Of course, Michael became Adam, the Father of the Human race on Earth.

The Scriptures is given by God. It is the Word of God......and, it is consistent throughout, and without errors.
Because it is the Word of God, it can stand on its own. It can stand to scrutiny.

The Bible is one of the most - if not the most - studied/analyzed documents of all time. Even today as we speak, it is still being analyzed.

As for the Trinity - I suggest you read the other thread that's devoted to it.

But you did ask a very practical question: why are false teachings (in this case, JWs), dangerous?
Perhaps, that would make a good IN-DEPTH topic.

Last edited:

They may have accused Jesus of leading a cult in those days because what He teaches are detrimental to their religion (which was a corruption of the Scriptures), however, Jesus was there to set the record straight.
Therefore, with Him - a cult is not an appropriate description.

Them using that term to mock and to discredit Him, does not mean He was indeed leading a cult. He was there to correct and show the ways the leaders of the time had taken the Word of God out of context,
and had injected their own rules and interpretation. Thus, Jesus had so many harsh words to lay on them.

It may be a cult to their own religion (in their view)............................but, it's actually those religious leaders of the time that has corrupted the Word of God.

What's the difference between them attributing and misrepresenting what they say is, "the Word of God"......................................... from me saying that, "you said, JWs are disciples of Satan?"
We'd be both stating falsehoods, right?

If it's their opinion - then, there should be a disclaimer.
They should specifically say that it is THEIR OPINION. Not God's.

Furthermore, it is more than just what they say.
It is also WHAT THEY HAD DONE! They edited and altered what is written in the Scriptures!

Lol - you'd get sued for that today had you altered anything from, and re-published Harry Potter in its altered form! :ROFLMAO:
Not to mention copyright infringement!
It's bad enough that you'd altered it.....but worse if you make the author look dumb by the inconsistencies you'd put in it!

Look at all the inconsistencies they've created with their book?
The JW apologist(s) can't even defend pointed questions in other threads..........and, just simply ignore and move on like as if nothing was asked at all. :)

Last edited:
Revenge threads are the best popcorn ready convos we can watch... 🍿

Back
Top Bottom