• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Devil Was Present

Heck, Good and Evil are in the same room every time there is so much as a single person in it.

Yes, but that is humanity isn't it. We all have some of both, with the difference being which one rules.

Then again, God and the Devil do show themselves on occasions. Jesus came to earth as a human and so did Hitler.

A blot of darkness in a thousand points of light.

Yes, but that is humanity isn't it. We all have some of both, with the difference being which one rules.

Then again, God and the Devil do show themselves on occasions. Jesus came to earth as a human and so did Hitler.

Hitler was only a human. Ditto Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.

But Trump's evil is a banal, ordinary, kind, if done at 300% volume. He is a commoner evil than even those above.

Because of what?

I hate to repeat myself so much as I have said this a million times before. Evidently, you were not reading my previous posts.

The man has shown no ethics, morals, principles or humanity (I dare you to find one thing he has done that represents any of these without some direct benefit to him). Every decision he makes and everything that comes out of his mouth is attacking, debasing, and against human and mother nature. He cares only about himself and his ego.

Don't look at what positives he has done, look at damage he has done. The positives he has done have helped him personally to the nth degree (Tax Cuts, De-regulation). The damage is being seen in mother nature (climate warming), in people (he has debased everyone, even those that once were loyal to him), in the nation (worst split ever of the nation) and in man (brought hate to the table).

I hate to repeat myself so much as I have said this a million times before. Evidently, you were not reading my previous posts.

The man has shown no ethics, morals, principles or humanity (I dare you to find one thing he has done that represents any of these without some direct benefit to him). Every decision he makes and everything that comes out of his mouth is attacking, debasing, and against human and mother nature. He cares only about himself and his ego.

Don't look at what positives he has done, look at damage he has done. The positives he has done have helped him personally to the nth degree (Tax Cuts, De-regulation). The damage is being seen in mother nature (climate warming), in people (he has debased everyone, even those that once were loyal to him), in the nation (worst split ever of the nation) and in man (brought hate to the table).

I like to look at the positives and not hate. Makes life much easier.

Hitler was only a human. Ditto Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.

But Trump's evil is a banal, ordinary, kind, if done at 300% volume. He is a commoner evil than even those above.

Does that make him better than those you mention? After all, he has lauded and called Kim Jong-un a friend and that man has killed or been the cause of millions of his own people dying.

Trump is a commoner mostly because he is incompetent. Nonetheless, that does not make him any less evil.

I like to look at the positives and not hate. Makes life much easier.

I do to. In fact, I am generally so positive that this past election (2016) was the first one I voted in. None of the candidates in the past 50 years since I was 21 and able to vote, was bad enough for me to get up and vote against them. Nonetheless, when we are faced with true evil, we do need to get up and make a stand. True evil is like a category 6 hurricane. It destroys everything in sight.

Would you stay in your home (look at the positives) if a Cat 6 hurricane was coming your way?

The Devil (Trump) was present at the funeral of a great man. It was fitting that the Devil showed up so that everyone could see the difference between good and evil and the fight that forever wages between them.

George H.W. Bush was a godly man full of morals, ethics, principles and humanity. He was a soldier of honor that guided his life on the principles of doing good and helping others. A selfless and optimistic man that valued character over pedigree. One who looked for the good in people and not the bad. He was a good President and one who did good things for the nation and the people of the nation.

The Devil (Trump) was the backdrop of this funeral as it should be. It was a way for the nation to compare one with the other and what we as a nation value, which is not money and ego but humility and service.

I wonder what Trump was thinking as he saw how much George H.W. Bush was loved and respected, versus how Trump is despised and criticized. Good versus evil was clearly seen here and Trump could not have been happy. A man who does not have faith in anyone but himself cannot be happy when someone else is being praised.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/us/politics/george-hw-bush-funeral.html
And you've just desecrated that great man's funeral by turning it into yet another mindless rant again Trump instead of honoring George H.W. Bush. You should be ashamed.

Does that mean that you do not have a set of principles you live by that when someone steps on them against others, you keep quiet?

You admitted you "...complain about everything Trump does". So when President Trump signed the disaster relief Bill for States hit by natural disasters, you complained. Remember you stated you complain about everything Trump does. My principles have me take a more rational approach. :mrgreen:

You admitted you "...complain about everything Trump does". So when President Trump signed the disaster relief Bill for States by natural disasters, you complained. Remember you stated you complain about everything Trump does. My principles have me take a more rational approach. :mrgreen:

Look, everything he does is based on "what is good for him, be it his ego, his pocketbook or his image". Dictators and autocrats usually do things to help the people but the intent is to help themselves more. A means to an end, so to say. Putin is a perfect example of this. He has an 80% approval rating in Russia but we all know him for what he does behind the scenes.

You need to look at what the man has done throughout his life. You don't change who you are when you at 74. Here is a pic of something for you to consider.

Dictator3.jpg

True Fact! These are people that trusted him and that did work for him and he double crossed them.

Does that make him better than those you mention? After all, he has lauded and called Kim Jong-un a friend and that man has killed or been the cause of millions of his own people dying.

I would say it does. Mother Theresa said nice things about Castro - that doesn't make her his equivalent.

Trump is a commoner mostly because he is incompetent. Nonetheless, that does not make him any less evil.

Meh. If achieving less evil does not make him less evil, then I'm not sure how one goes about measuring. All of us are evil, bent, broken, sinful creatures.

As hard as it was for conservatives to hear in 2010; Obama is not going to end the world, or even the country. As hard as it is for liberals to hear in 2018; Trump is not going to destroy the world, or the country. Neither are Satan, or Hitler, or even Wilson.

I would say it does. Mother Theresa said nice things about Castro - that doesn't make her his equivalent.

Meh. If achieving less evil does not make him less evil, then I'm not sure how one goes about measuring. All of us are evil, bent, broken, sinful creatures.

As hard as it was for conservatives to hear in 2010; Obama is not going to end the world, or even the country. As hard as it is for liberals to hear in 2018; Trump is not going to destroy the world, or the country. Neither are Satan, or Hitler, or even Wilson.

I disagree with you. Trump could be the ruin of our country. Here, see it from someone else's perspective:

https://youtu.be/YIuuHK3sL7o

I disagree with you. Trump could be the ruin of our country.

:lol: nah. :) Absent getting into a massive war that involves the grid going down, POTUS isn't that powerful. Trump may be a symptom of the slow ruination of our nation, but he's not the cause. :)

:lol: nah. :) Absent getting into a massive war that involves the grid going down, POTUS isn't that powerful. Trump may be a symptom of the slow ruination of our nation, but he's not the cause. :)

He is not the cause but he is the catalyst. He will be the one blamed for taking us "over the edge".

The same can be said about Hitler not being the cause of the hate for Jews in Germany, but he was the catalyst.

The Devil (Trump) was present at the funeral of a great man. It was fitting that the Devil showed up so that everyone could see the difference between good and evil and the fight that forever wages between them.

George H.W. Bush was a godly man full of morals, ethics, principles and humanity. He was a soldier of honor that guided his life on the principles of doing good and helping others. A selfless and optimistic man that valued character over pedigree. One who looked for the good in people and not the bad. He was a good President and one who did good things for the nation and the people of the nation.

The Devil (Trump) was the backdrop of this funeral as it should be. It was a way for the nation to compare one with the other and what we as a nation value, which is not money and ego but humility and service.

I wonder what Trump was thinking as he saw how much George H.W. Bush was loved and respected, versus how Trump is despised and criticized. Good versus evil was clearly seen here and Trump could not have been happy. A man who does not have faith in anyone but himself cannot be happy when someone else is being praised.

I want to know what trump was thinking when all the other former presidents were singing hymns. trump just stood there looking down while holding the hymn sheet in his hand. Malaria didn't even bother to hold they hymn lyrics whereas the other former first ladies did.

Aren't these 2 supposed to be the most christian president and first lady in history? They couldn't even be bothered to mouth the words and pretend to be singing. I am an atheist and every time I go to a wedding or funeral, I pretend to be singing out of courtesy and respect to the people who invited me.

Wouldn't the "devil" be the ones that sends innocent men and women to their death to fight a war based on false pretenses?

I agree that the bushes were NOT holier than thou. dubya started a war based on a pack of lies that Cheney and Rice spread about WMDs. But trump has been threatening to start wars with North Korea and Iran! I wouldn't be surprised if trump follows dubya and starts an illegal war with Iran - just to boost his approval ratings. dubya's approval ratings were in the toilet until September 11. And when he started the Iraq war, his ratings soared over 70% and got him re-elected.

So get ready for a war with Iran - cos that is the only thing that will please trump. Especially when he can tweet about his tremendous approval ratings.

hysterics.jpg

I want to know what trump was thinking when all the other former presidents were singing hymns. trump just stood there looking down while holding the hymn sheet in his hand. Malaria didn't even bother to hold they hymn lyrics whereas the other former first ladies did.

Aren't these 2 supposed to be the most christian president and first lady in history? They couldn't even be bothered to mouth the words and pretend to be singing. I am an atheist and every time I go to a wedding or funeral, I pretend to be singing out of courtesy and respect to the people who invited me.

Their presence was a joke...Nobody wanted them there, most especially the Bush family....Bill Clinton should have kicked trump in the balls

Their presence was a joke...Nobody wanted them there, most especially the Bush family....Bill Clinton should have kicked trump in the balls

Oh look!! Another DP Leftist Self Deluded "Insider" who "knows"....

More madeup bull****...per usual....

Is it only me?

The President's Club is one that throughout the ages was a place where current and former President's got together to talk and work as a team. Did you notice any camaraderie there today?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/presidents-club-trump-bush-funeral/index.html

There WAS camaraderie between all the former presidents and first ladies ..... until the trumps turned up. As soon as they turned up, all conversation ceased. trump clearly looked like he didn't want to be there. He only likes to turn up to rallies where his deplorable supporters treat him like a God.

And when dubya went over to greet the former presidents and first ladies, trump just continued to look pissed. And he especially was seething when he gave Michelle Obama some sweets (an inside joke between the 2).

trump expected everyone to give him a standing ovation when he entered. He didn't get it so he decided to just sulk throughout the entire service.

He acted like a spoilt child - YET AGAIN.

There WAS camaraderie between all the former presidents and first ladies ..... until the trumps turned up. As soon as they turned up, all conversation ceased. trump clearly looked like he didn't want to be there. He only likes to turn up to rallies where his deplorable supporters treat him like a God.

And when dubya went over to greet the former presidents and first ladies, trump just continued to look pissed. And he especially was seething when he gave Michelle Obama some sweets (an inside joke between the 2).

trump expected everyone to give him a standing ovation when he entered. He didn't get it so he decided to just sulk throughout the entire service.

He acted like a spoilt child - YET AGAIN.

Nonsense. More TDS bull****.

Bush Snr invited the trumps to his funeral because he respected the OFFICE of the president. He didn't respect trump himself - just the office.

And in return, trump behaved like a child. He looked pissed when he entered the church. I am sure he was expecting a standing ovation like he gets at his rallies. Although none of the speakers mentioned his name, he KNEW they were talking about him.

While everyone else sang hymns - trump and malaria refused to sing. trump just looked down on the floor sulking.

I haven't seen any tweets yet. But I am sure he will tweet something disrespectul and childish . Probably attacking the speakers for not respecting 'President trump'.

Hate to tell you cadet bone spurs. But the funeral was to honor President GWH Bush - NOT effing you.

Back
Top Bottom