• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Devil Was Present

He wouldn't have come to the funeral if he didn't care.

You actually think he cared?

It was a Photo Op for him (Trump attends the funeral of Bush). Front page news (Trump cares). Don't make me laugh please. It is a day of mourning.

Another one that chooses to make this about Trump rather than Bush. It really is pathetic.

Sorry, but Trump is the one that always makes everything be about him. Then again, why am I telling you this? You are probably one of his minions.

The majority of republcans chose him to represent the Republican Party as their candidate for president. I understand your dislike of it (I didn’t want Hillary for the Dems), but the facts are the facts and republicans as whole selected him to represent the party and now the presidency.

Wow, that is really a bad criticism of the Republicans. Are you sure you meant it that way?

Bah. GHW Bush was a fine man, likeable, and well mannered, but he let himself be rolled by Democrats. He deliberately broke a solemn campaign promise.

People got tired of the Republican squishes, and so Trump was elected.

A "solemn" campaign promise? Are you serious? He was just a man, not a mesiah. He was a ****ty president and NOT because the democrats rolled him, whatever you mean by that.

You actually think he cared?

It was a Photo Op for him (Trump attends the funeral of Bush). Front page news (Trump cares). Don't make me laugh please. It is a day of mourning.

When you mean Front page news - do you mean the New York Times or WaPo? None of those newspapers will put Trump in a good light.

It is somewhat confusing you think they would?????

For some it doesn't matter what President Trump does. If he goes to the funeral, he is the devil. If he doesn't go to the funeral they would complain.
There are times if you don't have anything decent to say, they don't say it. Funerals is one of the times.

In my case, it is not hyperbole. I truly believe that Trump represents evil, ergo the Devil.

I have been saying that for months. He has no ethics, morals, principles or humanity. How else can you describe a man that has none of those? Every other President had at least one of them. Heck, Hillary for all the things she has been accused of and probably partly guilty of, she at least had humanity. Throughout her life she helped women and children (establish fact).

Trump has never helped anyone outside himself. In fact, it is was him or one of his kids going to jail, I guarantee he would choose his kids to go to jail. The man is the Devil personafied.

You believe in God, Lucky?

Sorry, but Trump is the one that always makes everything be about him. Then again, why am I telling you this? You are probably one of his minions.

Donald Trump didn't start this thread. You did. You are the one making this about Trump.

My biggest problem with Lucky one's post is he associating with Republicans with devils and evil behavior.

Bush and Trump probably agree, policy-wise on 95% of the issues.

Luckyone doesn't really like Trump because he is a wildcard and he cannot make money on the stock market due to Trump's unpredictable behavior.

Let me be perfectly clear. I am an independent and see good things in both parties (until recently of course). My beef is not with the Republicans (other than recently when they have with clear minds supported a bad man), it is with Trump and who he is. This is not about party politics, it is about good and evil and Trump (the man and not the party) is evil.

Wow, that is really a bad criticism of the Republicans. Are you sure you meant it that way?

They were the ones that did it as a whole. Like Tres said I understand why many stopped being republicans after that but Republicans as a whole CHOSE Trump to represent them as their presidential candidate.

For some it doesn't matter what President Trump does. If he goes to the funeral, he is the devil. If he doesn't go to the funeral they would complain.
There are times if you don't have anything decent to say, they don't say it. Funerals is one of the times.

Your comment is proper when it comes to generalities. This case is not a "general" situation.

Couldn't you feel how so much of the eulogies were comparing Bush to Trump, even though no name other than Bush was said? All eyes were on Trump, why don't you ask why?

Is it because Trump is the antithesis of Bush?

You believe in God, Lucky?

Yes, I do! Everything in my life can be described as God driven, whether it be lessons learned or blessings received (such as my current wife).

Your comment is proper when it comes to generalities. This case is not a "general" situation.

Couldn't you feel how so much of the eulogies were comparing Bush to Trump, even though no name other than Bush was said? All eyes were on Trump, why don't you ask why?

Is it because Trump is the antithesis of Bush?

Do you disagree that you and others would complain if he did not go to the funeral?

He was expressly asked NOT to show up for McCain's funeral and people bitched about him not being there. The derangement related to Trump is astonishing.

He was expressly asked NOT to show up for McCain's funeral and people bitched about him not being there. The derangement related to Trump is astonishing.

It was good that he honored the McCain's family wishes. It is also good he kept the tradition of all living Presidents attend the funeral of a past President when they pass.

Do you disagree that you and others would complain if he did not go to the funeral?

No, I complain about everything Trump does. To me, his waking up in the morning is an affront to all of us.

Nonetheless, keep in mind that this Thread was not a complain about Trump, but simply a statement about how good and evil were in the same room today.

No, I complain about everything Trump does. To me, his waking up in the morning is an affront to all of us.

That is your personal issue.

I don't particular like President Trump and some of his actions/policies. I also dislike people who throw jabs at the President for no apparent reason other than they don't like him.
Figures you would complain no matter what he does.

Bah. GHW Bush was a fine man, likeable, and well mannered, but he let himself be rolled by Democrats. He deliberately broke a solemn campaign promise.

People got tired of the Republican squishes, and so Trump was elected.

Yeah, they got tired of balancing the budget and shrinking the deficit. Now Trump is maxing our Chinese credit card.

Yes, I do! Everything in my life can be described as God driven, whether it be lessons learned or blessings received (such as my current wife).

Good. Then you know who the devil is. Not Trump.

In my case, it is not hyperbole. I truly believe that Trump represents evil, ergo the Devil.

I have been saying that for months. He has no ethics, morals, principles or humanity. How else can you describe a man that has none of those? Every other President had at least one of them. Heck, Hillary for all the things she has been accused of and probably partly guilty of, she at least had humanity. Throughout her life she helped women and children (establish fact).

Trump has never helped anyone outside himself. In fact, it is was him or one of his kids going to jail, I guarantee he would choose his kids to go to jail. The man is the Devil personafied.

...No.

1. The Devil is extremely intelligent. There is.... little positive evidence this is an attribute of Trumps'.
2. The Devil is extremely good at being popular. Trump's approval ratings indicate this is also not something he excels at.
3. The Devil is extremely convincing - he's good at winning people over to his side. Trump is mostly good at turning possible converts off and away.

You are confusing "Is a bad person" with "is the Devil personified". Being a compulsive liar, a demagogue, and an adulterer doesn't make one Satan.

Side note: Hillary is on tape laughing about how she got a man guilty of raping a little girl released. I'm not positive I would put forth her record of "helping women and children" as evidence of her humanity; and would suspect that, where it happens, it was more a by-product of her ambitions, just as, where Trump has helped people, it was mostly a by-product of his desire to be well-regarded.

Nonetheless, keep in mind that this Thread was not a complain about Trump, but simply a statement about how good and evil were in the same room today.

Heck, Good and Evil are in the same room every time there is so much as a single person in it.

That is your personal issue.

I don't particular like President Trump and some of his actions/policies. I also dislike people who throw jabs at the President for no apparent reason other than they don't like him.
Figures you would complain no matter what he does.

Does that mean that you do not have a set of principles you live by that when someone steps on them against others, you keep quiet?

Good. Then you know who the devil is. Not Trump.

We disagree. I happen to believe that Trump is the perfect example of the Devil in human form.

...No.

1. The Devil is extremely intelligent. There is.... little positive evidence this is an attribute of Trumps'.
2. The Devil is extremely good at being popular. Trump's approval ratings indicate this is also not something he excels at.
3. The Devil is extremely convincing - he's good at winning people over to his side. Trump is mostly good at turning possible converts off and away.

You are confusing "Is a bad person" with "is the Devil personified". Being a compulsive liar, a demagogue, and an adulterer doesn't make one Satan.

Side note: Hillary is on tape laughing about how she got a man guilty of raping a little girl released. I'm not positive I would put forth her record of "helping women and children" as evidence of her humanity; and would suspect that, where it happens, it was more a by-product of her ambitions, just as, where Trump has helped people, it was mostly a by-product of his desire to be well-regarded.

You know something, you have a very very good point. I will stop saying he is the Devil and start saying he is a stupid and incompetent Devil minion? Those minions are not all that smart, are they?

Kudos to you for being right.

Back
Top Bottom